Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down (19094 Views)

PDP Convention: Osita Chidoka Points Out Absence Of Igbo Presidential Aspirants / Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / Aggrieved Kaduna APC Aspirants Vow To Work Against APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
Reclaim Ilorin before you start cracking joke. Cotonou dey hungry you abi

Latakia:
I think Arsenal is part of the big clubs in Europe, I think its unfair to Arsenal if the champion league is not given to them, after all, other big clubs in Europe have won it before grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by PrinceOfLagos: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
PHIPEX:
Another phase of propaganda. When has stepped down from the North? Has Tinubu stapled down for Osinbajo? Why is this a special news when primary is still several months away?

APC primaries is on the 26th of this month
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Am not the fan of APC or PDP..

But I think the raw truth is to allow Rochas cos he has the capacity to handle this country crisis deplomacy way..

He had gathered more experience and strategy on how to handle things politically..

Forget the fact he messed up Imo State but he is far better than hope uzodima..

Rochas is the best candidate for me and North will prefer him to tinibu and orji
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by bluecircle470: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Coolbreeze1988:
But I think the southeast is part of this country, while can't they produce the next president? Am from the west but I think its unfair to the Igbos

How is it unfair, can’t they contest? If they can win the primaries then fine. Do they want it on a platter of gold?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Abujason: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You've never for once talked about the ongoing massacre of benue people by terrorists but na Yoruba and Igbo matter you dey carry for head like gala

Are benue people not human beings to you ?

You dey mind the useless thing! He is spending all his time here on NAIRALAND getting hard dick on Igbo matters while his people are being slaughtered like nama. But of course that one no concern am.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
benuejosh:
This guys should leave Politics alone. They know nothing about politics. They think politics is by supporting Igbos at the background? Or hating on the guys from South West and Buhari? They should continue with their pharmacy business and "development".
Ha ba. I also slam ibos, but not to relegate them to pharmaceutical business na. Charles Soludo is the best candidate. Ngozi Iweala is bio too. There are many outstanding ibos. They are very intelligent.

My problem with them is that they will fight themselves out of Aso Rock as they have been doing. Ibo isn't ready. They are their enemies. When I was slamming them, they always get confused. Some of them even confronted me that they were disappointed in me. That a person of my status should know better. One even washed me down that the respect she had for me had gone to the gutter. See, the same person wrote me recently and apologized that all I have been writing is the truth. I took my time to let her know I knew many will be disappointed in me, but it was a mission I had to take to help ibos. They need to see that they are their own enemies. Yes, ibo will rise again. I know they will. But they cannot take 2023. The coming election in 2023 in my opinion is what will open their eyes. Their problem is not Tinubu. Tinubu may not win the primary. Imagine. They focused so much on the man that they have forgotten about Osinbajo, Amaechi, Akinwumni, ElRufai, Fashola, and Wike.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by anonymous1759(m): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rawtruth1:
Why should they? The healing of Nigeria starts the very day they allow President of Igbo extraction to rule Nigeria.

Anything less than this restitution will increase the curses on Nigeria.

Igbos should be allowed to heal Nigeria from the curse arising from the pogroms and genocide of the unfortunate civil war where innocent millions of Igbos were massacred for offense they knew nothing about.

This is spiritual, not many will understand it

Yinmu undecided like the Biafra army didn’t kill a fly

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by israelmao(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
None of these candidates stands a good chance of becoming Nigerian president,no sentiment is attached.
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by ufotunang: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
There are all fighting for their pockets and to chop the national cake with their families....so let them fight and kill themselves for the presidential sit
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Abujason: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
benuejosh:
Stop saying what you know nothing about. I am in Benue i reside in Benue. Benue is peaceful.

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by shortIGBOman: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
Waste of time and resources. I've said this time without number. Igbo will never rule this Country.

Quote me anywhere.

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by PrinceOfLagos: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Waste of time and resources. I've said this time without number. Igbo will never rule this Country.

Quote me anywhere.
Will you kiss the dust if they do
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by wiseoneking: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
benuejosh:
If there's anything killing in Benue then Ortom should be held responsible. I have said it over and over and over. I don't know where you've been not to hear or you choose to ignore it. Benue was peaceful till Ortom csme with modern form of cattle rustling. Provoking those who own cattles. Benue is peaceful. If there's crisis then Ortom is the cause
Poor Benue soul, that state na follow come. How do you guys feel like living in thatch houses in 21st century. That's horrible. I have passed through some villages and towns there twelve years back. They eat rat like never before and majority of kids and mothers go half naked. You guys also produce a lot of yams. Are you tiv or igede?
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rugaria:

When they supported shagari, they didn't know the game?
When they supported your brother Obasanjo nko? They lacked the numbers?
When they supported Jonathan, who is not Igbo, but whom you have foisted an Igbo identity on, just for maximum mischief, they didn't know how to play the game, abi?

If because of some fake census and dubious state creations, you want the whole world to believe that the igbos can't make a president, then you should be reminded that we all came into independent Nigeria as three regions. If two of those regions go for treacherous politics in order to dominate and dictate, there is an option left for others and that will be deuly activated... We're getting there slowly slowly.
Please I will like to know you.
U have sense.
I like keeping sensible people closer to me.
Let's know each other better.
The Insults on the Igbos have become malignant .
Same Igbos voted all those listed above even against Ojukwu. They even campaigned for Yar'ardua which I still remember vividly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Golan007: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
This is where the igbos will have problem
You mean your people.
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Stephengee4all(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Peter Obi has been the person qualified for this Igbo presidency, any other person should step down
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Good luck to the contestants
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by PrinceOfLagos: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
Golan007:

You mean your people.
All Nigerians are my people
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by ransomed: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
They always step down when money is involved. Introduce Dollars, they will shift post asap.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Cryofigbos: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You've never for once talked about the ongoing massacre of benue people by terrorists but na Yoruba and Igbo matter you dey carry for head like gala

Are benue people not human beings to you ?
Have u ever said anything reasonable in dis forum aside attacking tinubu and anything yoruba....not even awareness campaign for igbo aspirants rather u and ur foolish flat heads make more enemies for them

We watched in d news today that oko polytechnic in Anambra is almost washed away by erosion just to name a few but igbos won't raise such topics to call international attentions rather na tinubu dey live free inside una head day and night

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Abujason: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
excomarow:
I support Igbo Presidency, but the problem here is the candidate... The faces I see are not encouraging... I see no Hope in those faces...

May God gives us a good n credible leader in 2023
<> End of Discussion</>

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Legendguy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
naija4life247:

Presidency will never be zoned to anybody's village. If Igbos want the Presidency, they should come out and contest. When Obasanjo ruled for two terms, the seat was not zoned to his village. Rather, he contested against Emeka Ojukwu and defeated Ojukwu in all the eleven South-South and South-East states. Obasanjo also defeated Alex Ekwueme at PDP Primaries, Obasanjo humiliated Muhammadu Buhari, Abubakar Rimi, and several other clowns. Obasanjo did not cry that the Presidential seat should be zoned to Ota Farm or Abeokuta village.

Power is not gotten in a platter of gold, power is fought for and won.
Stop talking like a political illiterate here.
Look at d history of election from 99. Wenever there's a fresh election where d incumbent is done with his tenure all the presidential candidate were from same region, in 99, obj vs falae, in 07, yaradua vs atiku, buhari, ribadu.
I'm not an Igbo but I'm in support of Igbo presidency, let d two major party zone it to the south east then after d first tenure anybody can contest from any region jus as in 2003 wn obj defeat ojukwu, ekweme, buhari
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by athaboi(f): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
benuejosh:
If there's anything killing in Benue then Ortom should be held responsible. I have said it over and over and over. I don't know where you've been not to hear or you choose to ignore it. Benue was peaceful till Ortom csme with modern form of cattle rustling. Provoking those who own cattles. Benue is peaceful. If there's crisis then Ortom is the cause
this guy is not from Benue state...you people should stop seeing him as one! He's a Fulani Muslim

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Neatboy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
This is where the igbos will have problem

Has Osinbajo stepped down for Tinubu?
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by colestephan86: 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
• Umahi far ahead, can’t withdraw from race – Support group

Efforts by the South-East to produce the next president may hit the rock as some of the aspirants from the region have vowed not to step down for one another

https://punchng.com/2023-igbo-presidential-aspirants-vow-not-to-step-down/
Umahi is my only man in the group, but can he pull Nigerians out of poverty? Not sure but will he build infrastructures like buhari , he sure will

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Slurity(m): 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rugaria:

When they supported shagari, they didn't know the game?
When they supported your brother Obasanjo nko? They lacked the numbers?
When they supported Jonathan, who is not Igbo, but whom you have foisted an Igbo identity on, just for maximum mischief, they didn't know how to play the game, abi?

If because of some fake census and dubious state creations, you want the whole world to believe that the igbos can't make a president, then you should be reminded that we all came into independent Nigeria as three regions. If two of those regions go for treacherous politics in order to dominate and dictate, there is an option left for others and that will be deuly activated... We're getting there slowly slowly.
don't make conclusions on shadows and avoid the reality. You said Nigeria came to independence as 3 region, I want to belief you mean Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, but let me remind you that an Hausa man has never rule Nigeria before but Fulani. The truth is that only two regions where married together, the northern and southern. That is all. Let me make my point clear, the whole south eastern people we are talking about is just about only Lagos state in population, yet, this people forgot that this population they have is a weakness and still make themselves enemy of the plenty side. Yoruba is not s fool for supporting Fulani man but understand that you need that enemy next time

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by November1857(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
jiz:
Igbo that is pursuing Biafra and Nigeria at the same time. Trust me, they will lose both!
Biafra agitation is blocking their change of governing Nigeria. Most Nigerians can’t trust them with presidency.
Igbo can't lose Biafra , cos they have already gained mush global sympathy through IPOB, even your FG is aware of that...

Yes indeed most Nigeria can't trust Igbo with their presidency, that's the more reason Igbo need to secceed from this contraption, you don't do business with someone that can't trust you..

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Abujason: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Quote me anywhere.

So is it Ikpu Nnegi that will be president?

Just can’t wait to see you take rat poison next year when that happens.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
Shun tribalism!

Credible and young vibrant Nigerians should contest
Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by richie240: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
He who has ears yaff heard tey-tey!
Unfortunately, u won't make sense to d hardhearted!
jiz:
Igbo that is pursuing Biafra and Nigeria at the same time. Trust me, they will lose both!
Biafra agitation is blocking their change of governing Nigeria. Most Nigerians can’t trust them with presidency.
The same ppl dt rejoices at any calamity dt befalls Nigeria.
If u want to make their day, juss say 'boko/ESN kee 50 sojas' and coman see jubilation!
cool

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo Presidential Aspirants Vow Not To Step Down by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
MartinsD12:

One thing is certain I tell you , if an Igbo man is denied president come 2023 the political elite of Igbo extraction will push for Biafra independence
We couldn't care less if they push for a new planet. Duh!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Petrol Sells For ₦‎700 Per Liter In Kwara / Buhari: I Will Assemble A Strong Team Of Ministers For Next Level / PDP Sues Rep Vincent Ofumelu, Withdraws Provisional Clearance Certificate (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.