Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? (13617 Views)

Im A Certified Health And Safety Officer Please I Need A Job. / Victory Centre Interview For A Credit Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Osanoghodua1: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's a loan officer
Give out loan, recover the loan.

In microfinance
If dey don't pay, you can't arrest them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by uwakwesab(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
I strongly believe that the MFi is Grooming Center, as a credit officer ur task is to give out loan and recover it 100%,it's a streesfull job so to say, u will never have time for urself, Saturday's are for mandatory loan drive, closing time everyday is by 9pm.the pay is abt 80k plus for starting. after two years of meeting ur target u might be promoted to a branch manager

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by saxokay(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
[quote author=Shytreasure post=110366041]Good day everyone, please i need your assistance. I just got an offer to work as a credit officer in one microfinance bank, the salary is not much but i believe one can start with that pending when a better offer surface.

Please, for those who have worked in that capacity before, what does the job really involve?

my brother go and pray about it seek the face of God concerning it,ignore every negative comments you read here,I have friends who are creditor office and they are doing well just make sure you commit everything to God hands if God is say Go ahead you have no reasons paying attention to negative comments

2 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by da3pu0(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
My little advise for the op with wide experience I had as a credit officer before I opted out. Been a credit officer is not that bad as people portrayed it. Your job description is to maintain the cliental portfolio given to you in term of number of clients, retrieval of money owned and disbursement of new loan to all those who are your clients that are no more on loan but needs another loan. If the number is low you will need to go on canvassing (with your colleagues) to get more customers and so on. I worked as a credit officer for almost three years in three different state and I can tell you nobody owed me Kobo by the grace of God. I would advise you give it a try if you are not doing anything presently. I can assure you that you gonna become an important personnel in some poeples' life.

3 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by pedrilo: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
tosteMedia:
Fear LAPO credit officers..

their training was done by Russian underground military torture officers..

You go sell yourself to pay any loan you collect
lol
It's not so o

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Pymetrics:
OP when are you resuming this job and what is the name and address of your MFB. I want to be your first borrower. I need 100k urgently.
grin grin
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by aklion: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Not pleasant especially if you not getting clients... And majorly not bringing in someone who can deposit huge under your name to the company... Huge task I must say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by oye10: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Very stressful. I did it for 6months i japa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Bome01(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good day everyone, please i need your assistance. I just got an offer to work as a credit officer in one microfinance bank, the salary is not much but i believe one can start with that pending when a better offer surface.

Please, for those who have worked in that capacity before, what does the job really involve?

Review loan requests.
Assess clients' financial status.
Evaluate creditworthiness and risks.
Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation.
Maintain updated records of loan applications.
Follow up with clients about loan renewals.
Monitor progress of existing loans.

PS. Do it if the pay is better than your previous job. Do not listen to advice of those who may not even be working. Experience is the best teacher.

3 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Avast(m): 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good day everyone, please i need your assistance. I just got an offer to work as a credit officer in one microfinance bank, the salary is not much but i believe one can start with that pending when a better offer surface.

LAPO
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 2:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
I really do appreciate the beautiful comments and personal experiences I've been reading!! They've really given me a clearer picture of what I'm to venture into.

Regardless of what i think know about this job, experience is still the best teacher!! I've learnt quite a lot from you people as regards what's in view.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Squidbabe: 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Don't listen To most of the people talking trash here. Start the Job, most clients that borrow actually comply ,its only few that give headache and the members will help u fish them out cos someone in the union must bring members to borrow money, so those borrowers know themselves. They give accommodation, the salary is more than OK for a start, they give transport every week , then I know a staff of the microfinance that have birth tru operation ,cost about 300k plus and she didn't pay a dime cos of HMO. My dear take the offer first !

3 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Squidbabe: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
uwakwesab:
I strongly believe that the MFi is Grooming Center, as a credit officer ur task is to give out loan and recover it 100%,it's a streesfull job so to say, u will never have time for urself, Saturday's are for mandatory loan drive, closing time everyday is by 9pm.the pay is abt 80k plus for starting. after two years of meeting ur target u might be promoted to a branch manager

Closing time is never 9pm. 5 pm is the closing time. You must have been a very slow and slugish person to close by 9. I know people who work there and after 5 they are back from work. Loan drive is usually on Saturday but not every Saturday infact I know ppl who have never gone for loan drive cos they don't have much clients defaulting them . like I said give it a shot!

4 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by yemi1504: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:

You had better to be able to sell and sell well and be ruthless with people as e get why!

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by yemi1504: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Adeparo004:
Baba running is an understatement. Pls disappear from microfianace ooo.u go use ur money pay for client ooo

Abi nau! Till today, my 30k with those idiots called SOBIC is still with them SMH.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by ahamonyeka(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
Please can you explain better?

if your client is owing you who is going to revover it for you?just have to be careful of those you are disbursing to.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Danny50: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:

Please, for those who have worked in that capacity before, what does the job really involve? I had an offers back then in one the micro finance bank called standard life but we were trained for 2weeks before going to the Field. After the training we were sent on practical to learn from a credit officer that was already in the field and the job was easy after the training. And another benefits is that we were given 1year free accommodation.

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Magnumproperty: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
oye10:
Very stressful. I did it for 6months i japa
You even try sef. After two months I run commot. The MD and HR call me tire. I say I no dey do again. The job is very tasking. My skin turn black under hot sun. Rain nearly beat my destiny commot for body. Thank God for where we are today Sha.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by oye10: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
It was because of my team that i did the 6months sef... We always catch cruise
Magnumproperty:

You even try sef. After two months I run commot. The MD and HR call me tire. I say I no dey do again. The job is very tasking. My skin turn black under hot sun. Rain nearly beat my destiny commot for body. Thank God for where we are today Sha.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by obstead200(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:
You see why this country is in a mess, a credit officer who doesn't know what his duties are has just been employed.
over Sabi.
I think he knows his duties. He just want to be sure of what the experience would be like. A smart move btw....

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by PWAPUTI2010(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
I worked as investment Officer same role as a credit officer,in most Micro Banking role, to be candit the role is seriously challenging and demanding, be ready to advice on credit security and disbursement target demand, I worked and rose to the rank of a branch head and later resigned due to high and unsanctity of micro bank job, I will always advice you to wait and settle for any job that will come your way than to accept this offer as a starter.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by LaconicINC: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
emmanosyclo:
If you don't have a work experience before it's better you take the offer to start with. Make sure you do your KYC very well before giving money out. Do your due diligence. Don't be too hostile, don't be too friendly. You must ensure you strike a balance. But if you have or you are working presently, my guy move ahead. Run! Microfinance job is too demanding. It's a target driven job. The bad thing about the job is that it's difficult to know the good client and the bad client until you have given out the money. In the quest of you meeting your target you may do a bad loan. The worse thing is that the good client can later become a bad client. If you take the job, start having the plan of leaving immediately.

Shalom!
with all the due diligence clients can still default, credit officers go through a lot, if they are robbed, the money involved is automatically converted to staff loan, when they are doing well, they are hardly appreciated but when anything goes wrong, the company digs up what the policy says about that event and pins it on the credit officer! I have worked in an MfB so I know what I am talking about. OP I wish you all the best in whatever decision you take, but take it to God in prayers, if you feel peaceful about it then go ahead. But don't plan to stay long on the job. Have an exit plan as you are entering.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by 1saed: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
There are lots of Apps out there, that you can use for your daily contributions and savings business.

Have you seen this one?

https://Thriftplus.pythonanywhere.com ?
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by LaconicINC: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
PWAPUTI2010:
I worked as investment Officer same role as a credit officer,in most Micro Banking role, to be candit the role is seriously challenging and demanding, be ready to advice on credit security and disbursement target demand, I worked and rose to the rank of a branch head and later resigned due to high and unsanctity of micro bank job, I will always advice you to wait and settle for any job that will come your way than to accept this offer as a starter.
I concur! 101%
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by ngwababe(f): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Credit officer, Relationship manager, and Marketer are all same.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by LINTUNE(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
stephenponti:
This is what loan & credit officers do.
grin
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by DSpokesMan(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:

Hello bro, congratulations!

If you have a decent job at the moment, you can look away. However, it's worth trying o.

I've been in the Microfinance sector since 2014 and I've risen through the ranks as well. It's a challenging terrain, no doubt.

Get the job, focus on developing yourself and set timelines for your career growth. You can still resign if you're not feeling the vibes at all. The economic situation in the country is terrible. So, we really can't depend on anyone for stipends, we have to survive.

By the way, which of them gave you offer?
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by cletz991(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Go find better shoe for trekking bc that your shoe so the sole go file finish grin
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by cletz991(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
Worked there before,the truth is that those loan must be paid by the person who borrowed by the group he or she's from
When we go on loan drive in the middle of the night 11pm we still de village de drag money ,most of the people borrowing sef if you see were they live you go pity for them,but it's what it is as far as we come draw money e must fall out .
I miss edo North cool
tosteMedia:
Fear LAPO credit officers..

their training was done by Russian underground military torture officers..

You go sell yourself to pay any loan you collect

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by cletz991(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Its mostly threats mine was was 200k 2years bond.
I left after a year nobody even call me sef grin
victorVIC1:

That's crazy. Don't ever accept such offers that restrict you from exploring bigger opportunities. Even multinationals don't have such stringent policies.

I remember the second company I worked for came up all of a sudden with a contract that prohibited us from moving to companies in same industry. I never signed it. Fast forward to few months I got an offer from their competitor and the salary was 3 times higher. I moved without looking back.

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by alizma: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
obstead200:
over Sabi.
I think he knows his duties. He just want to be sure of what the experience would be like. A smart move btw....
Did you read the topic or did someone help him type the topic? You guys will jump on issues and start trying to think for the owner of the issue at hand. Except he is telling me that he made mistake with the topic, he knows nothing about the job as far as the topic is concerned.
In his words, (Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve?)
The bolded area is a clear language of a novice who is seeking for knowledge. the world really depict a total lack of knowledge on the subject matter
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:

Did you read the topic or did someone help him type the topic? You guys will jump on issues and start trying to think for the owner of the issue at hand. Except he is telling me that he made mistake with the topic, he knows nothing about the job as far as the topic is concerned.
In his words, (Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve?)
The bolded area is a clear language of a novice who is seeking for knowledge. the world really depict a total lack of knowledge on the subject matter

You are indeed a bitter person! I don't know my duty and i was able to scale through a rigorous interview! ( I don't have knowledge and i passed an interview, what a statement!)

You obviously don't know the difference between experience and knowledge. I may have knowledge about this job, but i obviously don't have experience; and that's the rationale behind this post of mine, that's what I seek so as to know the nitty-gritty of what the job is all about from the perspective of those who have done it before.

So far, people have given me what i need, i have learnt a lot from their personal experiences; exactly what I want!!

You have contributed nothing, absolutely NOTHING to what I seek!! The best help you could have provided since you have no positive input was to read and pass and let those who understand my plight come to my aid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For Someone Living On The Mainland To Take A N40 Salary Job? / Please How Well Paid Are Teachers In Private Secondary Schools In Port Harcourt? / Sahara Power Group Graduate Engineering Program 2018 Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.