Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? (13741 Views)

Im A Certified Health And Safety Officer Please I Need A Job. / Victory Centre Interview For A Credit Officer / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Mooh247: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:
You see why this country is in a mess, a credit officer who doesn't know what his duties are has just been employed.

The O.P is asking about the experience working in such capacity, not the responsibilities and duties

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 11:09am On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Very tasking;

For a microfinance bank, I believe loan recovery would be your major job function. Most microfinance banks function like ministries. Very lackadaisical and anyhow. They are more grassroot, so don’t expect fine offices where you can take pictures with starched white shirt.

Thank you
I doubt any bank would ask you to pay bad loans from your salary. Worst case scenario your KPI would be affected. I might be wrong though.

I’ll advise you take the job first. Give it a shot. Before you get sacked for non or poor performance (if it gets to that), there’ll be a period of probation. Within that period, it might work out for your good.

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by victorVIC1(m): 11:13am On Feb 20, 2022
miniziter:

The one I wanted to work with then said I can quit the job unless after a year o t pay 100k fine. I am talking of as far back as 2016.

That's crazy. Don't ever accept such offers that restrict you from exploring bigger opportunities. Even multinationals don't have such stringent policies.

I remember the second company I worked for came up all of a sudden with a contract that prohibited us from moving to companies in same industry. I never signed it. Fast forward to few months I got an offer from their competitor and the salary was 3 times higher. I moved without looking back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:
You see why this country is in a mess, a credit officer who doesn't know what his duties are has just been employed.

And who says i don't ? Perhaps you need you read my write up once again..but this time around, please slowly focus your attention where i said "what the job really involve"

Believing you've read it , please know that, what i need is a firsthand information from someone who had worked in the same capacity?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by stecman: 11:19am On Feb 20, 2022
As a credit officer you are to analyze loan applications make recommendations to the MD or board for final approval. Also you are responsible for loan disbursement after the approvals.
You also have to monitor loan performance, I.e the repayment of loans by customers. If you notice any over due payment you call the attention of the customer.
You also have to do loan classifications. If it's performing, pass and watch, substandard, doubtful or loss..

3 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Magnumproperty: 11:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Work on your PAR. Make sure your PAR is always low. When you give loan to stubborn customers, make sure they repay on time so as to avoid an increase in your PAR. After their repayment, don't give those stubborn ones loan again. Look for fresh and loyal customers to give loans.
Olorun a wa pelu eeee

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Magnumproperty: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2022
stecman:
As a credit officer you are to analyze loan applications make recommendations to the MD or board for final approval. Also you are responsible for loan disbursement after the approvals.
You also have to monitor loan performance, I.e the repayment of loans by customers. If you notice any over due payment you call the attention of the customer.
You also have to do loan classifications. If it's performing, pass and watch, substandard, doubtful or loss..
Have u worked in a microfinance bank before? Probably Sulspap Microfinance bank?
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 11:22am On Feb 20, 2022
Mooh247:

The O.P is asking about the experience working in such capacity, not the responsibilities and duties

Thank you very much
Just leave him, some people are just naturally bitter.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:

If i wanted a vague answer, i could have just used a search engine instead of putting it here for a first hand information from those who might have worked in a similar capacity or had encounter. Perhaps you could learn to express yourself next time without being insulting!
Thanks by the way, ire óò.
eeeya, I'm not insulting you, ok no vex, what I'm saying is, don't take such job because it's fraustrating, you will receive insult from the customers who default Loan, you will come back and face query with your employers, if you try to explain really, you will be fired. No Weldon in that job

2 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by stephenponti(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2022
This is what loan & credit officers do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Maj196(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2022
Are you ready to receive insults, curse, shame, threats? If yes you can go ahead please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by emmanosyclo(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2022
If you don't have a work experience before it's better you take the offer to start with. Make sure you do your KYC very well before giving money out. Do your due diligence. Don't be too hostile, don't be too friendly. You must ensure you strike a balance. But if you have or you are working presently, my guy move ahead. Run! Microfinance job is too demanding. It's a target driven job. The bad thing about the job is that it's difficult to know the good client and the bad client until you have given out the money. In the quest of you meeting your target you may do a bad loan. The worse thing is that the good client can later become a bad client. If you take the job, start having the plan of leaving immediately.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Hectroy(m): 11:33am On Feb 20, 2022
There's lots of advantages working as a credit officer but many will only focus on the other side.
No occupation without its harzard. I can assure you that you're on the right course, if not for anything but the exposure to other carrier and business ideas only if you're smart.
If you're self discipline, humble, transparent, if you have passion and drive, you will excell.
Please give it a shot.

4 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Shytreasure(m): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2022
I really appreciate the beautiful comments, thank you.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Bahamas95(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:
That's Nigeria for you. cheesy

Doctor dey do IT for police station.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Adeparo004(m): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2022
Baba running is an understatement. Pls disappear from microfianace ooo.u go use ur money pay for client ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by miltonchux(m): 11:59am On Feb 20, 2022
You better run, that job will turn you to a monster, be ready for loan recovery .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Oddfinder: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
I really appreciate the beautiful comments, thank you.
Be ready to very street, i mean u have to totally drop all the tgings u learnt in school about business or management or watever..u will most likely succeed if u r a woman. U go treck ur life tire, because they offer little or no transport allowance except a very minute few. na
Market be ur office,sweating and talking all day everyday..kuku remove fashion and swagg from ur life because u will damage ur good cloths and shoes base on d excess trecking in the sun..u will hustle to disburse as much loans as possible because ur job n commission if any depends it, at thesame time hustle the customers to pay back..u r workin 2 jobs basically but getting paid for one..so u need to be smart,jovial,polite,patient and strick..customers will frustrate u,ur office na frustration..like someone said, if u don't have any experience at all,u can try it out..u might find it interesting anf advantageous. Like another said, if u r smart u will find opportunity and connections to other gud offers or business because na street u de.u r exposed to many opportunities..na bussiness ppl be ur clients..ppl fat know how to make money..so if u align ursef wel,u can learn a tin or two.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Evidenx(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good day everyone, please i need your assistance. I just got an offer to work as a credit officer in one microfinance bank, the salary is not much but i believe one can start with that pending when a better offer surface.

Please, for those who have worked in that capacity before, what does the job really involve?

YOU will be given a task to go to market places or anyone to get people to collect loans ....then you manage them and also make sure they pay back the loan... U go day waka waka to go collect d loan very week ..
Na suffer head work...but if you like it good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Bacteriocin(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hmmmmmmm....
See as my people dey talk wetin dem no know!
Bro, if u see a cool mfb to work with, u r good to go.... Depending on your course of study and your drive, its a good way to start.

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Adescon8: 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Boss,if the microfinance is paying higher,I will encourage you to go ahead and take up the job..my kindly is that,set a target for yourself, know the specific year for your target and Play on it. I was also discouraged when I wanted to took up the offer with the microfinance institution I worked with now, but I was able to set my target and achieved something with it...by God's grace,I might drop my resignation letter after my 18 month working with them and fly.... just set an aim for yourself and don't stay long till the management insult will be falling on you

2 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by merits(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mooh247:
cheesy

Nigerians turn tiger when trying to retrieve bad debt

cheesy cheesy All you need do is some Jazz... Ase (do as I say) eyonu ( devine favour and grace) Anasare (fighting charm ring) and Okigbe (anti knife and cutlass resistance charm)

with all you mentioned.do you know God atall.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Techm8: 12:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hope your stress tolerant level is high? Good luck with your decision tho. Stop buying generic electric extensions. Check out Oraimo's smart extension

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Pymetrics: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
OP when are you resuming this job and what is the name and address of your MFB. I want to be your first borrower. I need 100k urgently.

2 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Mooh247: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
merits:

with all you mentioned.do you know God atall.

I do

The question you should ask is will your prospective customers with bad debt know God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by VIKTO83(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Dem go curse u tire
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Myer(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good day everyone, please i need your assistance. I just got an offer to work as a credit officer in one microfinance bank, the salary is not much but i believe one can start with that pending when a better offer surface.

Please, for those who have worked in that capacity before, what does the job really involve?

If you have better options I'll say try those. Cos it's a stressful job.

But in every job, there are those that find it hard and those that find it relatively easy.

Give it a try first and if it works fine. If not, on to the next one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Deeprooted: 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
alizma:

So when you were given birth to, you automatically had known how to read and write?

There's what's called 'entry level" which doesn't require the applicant to have experience of what he's exployed to do. You work with experience people in the department and learn in the process.

2 Likes

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by laughitall(m): 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mooh247:
cheesy

Nigerians turn tiger when trying to retrieve bad debt

cheesy cheesy All you need do is some Jazz... Ase (do as I say) eyonu ( devine favour and grace) Anasare (fighting charm ring) and Okigbe (anti knife and cutlass resistance charm)
Follow this man ..

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by merits(m): 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mooh247:

I do

The question you should ask is will your prospective customers with bad debt know God

ok ooo am happy you know God,you are blessed and remain blessed.
The question you should ask is will your prospective customers with bad debt know God.....[back to this I hope you know human being are most terrible being to deal with?] As for me I always have that at the back of my mind so nothing freak me again about people.You come in peace I give you peace,you come other way round I give you back without diabolical things because God is my strength.
Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by OgaSeun: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Its a good way to start.
You meet new people and make more friends along the line.
Remember your network is your networth

1 Like

Re: Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? by Fcwilly: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hope it's not this online app of a thing? Better be careful. It's always sad ending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin / The Interview Invitation I Honoured. Have You Seen It. / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.