Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,088 members, 7,842,126 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Naira And Kobo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira And Kobo (13668 Views)

Increase Petrol Price By 85 Kobo Every Week For 3 Years / My Oil Firm Got No Kobo Of Subsidy From Fg -jimoh Ibrahim / Why Gain A Kobo To Lose A Naira? By Dr. Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira And Kobo by Natasha2(f): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ sloszzo I agree with you on the Macaulay thingny

@ op I don't know but I will soon find out cheesy
Re: Naira And Kobo by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

Why are you so silly? What is Nigeria in Hausa and Igbo called?

Why do you like to jump into a conversation without any sensible contribution?
What is Nigeria called in Igbo, tell us then.
In Yoruba, Nigeria is Naijiriya with the doh mi mi doh tonation.
Re: Naira And Kobo by akigbemaru: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ Solozzo or Sulezoo,
not till the IBos recognize Yoruba as their father. You can't rewrite history. Yoruba say eda ti ko gba kadara agba kodoro, meaning if you don't take your destiny you will surely take doom. I rest my case! I stay away from Nairaland for the past 6 months. Now I am back, I know that rings fear in the mind of other tribalists on NL.
Re: Naira And Kobo by abadaba(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2011
akigbemaru:

@ Solozzo or Sulezoo,
not till the IBos recognize Yoruba as their father. You can't rewrite history. Yoruba say eda ti ko gba kadara agba kodoro, meaning if you don't take your destiny you will surely take doom. I rest my case! I stay away from Nairaland for the past 6 months. Now I am back, I know that rings fear in the mind of other tribalists on NL.
What an idiotic post above. Grow up impotent retardo.
Re: Naira And Kobo by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2011
@Nagoma
The name Abuja was derived from the name of the then leader Abubakar Ja. I think he was a younger brother to Sule Ja
Re: Naira And Kobo by mensdept: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

rolchi (m)

Re: Naira And Kobo
« #35 on: Yesterday at 02:14:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: mens dept on June 27, 2011, 02:35 PM
^^^^^ So there's no actual answer

Lets email the Minister of Culture and Tourism, that is, whenever GEJ decides to appoint the ministers (after 1 month in office)

In your mind, you think you know everything, abi? When did the Senate reconvene? Don't you know that the Senate must screen the nominees before appointment by the President is announced? If GEJ makes the Senate stay back to work on the ministerial list, you will complain that he is interfering with the Judiciary,

Boy, grow up!

I know that you are not serious. Must a President or Governor wait for the legislature to "convene" before he appoints/nominates a judge or cabinent member?

Anyway, 3 pages and still no answer
Re: Naira And Kobo by xpagnol: 5:38am On Jun 30, 2011
am very much suprised that some igbos here do not know the meanings.

I was told by my grand father that
naira and kobo was introduced after the war to frustrate the effort of igbos seccesion as they could not do any meaningful business negotiations again with the then pounds and sterling which the igbos wanted
He said naira means -- NEVER ALLOW IGBOS RULE AGAIN and kobo means -KILL OJUKWU BEFORE OTHERS.
I REST MY CASE. forget those goggle what else do u want from them. does it mean that there were no millionaires and billionaires befor 1973.

why the arabic inscriptions on our naira notes, nigeria army uniforms and some presidential accessories uptil date.
Re: Naira And Kobo by xpagnol: 5:47am On Jun 30, 2011
those yoruba tribalist here on nairaland please read those arabic languages and tell nairalanders the meaning since the word came from yoruba which is to say they wrote them.

this is the more reason why am always a reader and never contribute because i only end up arguing wit uninformed nigerians.

am off
NIGERIAS BE WISE,
Re: Naira And Kobo by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2011
I assume your grand papa claims are right, now dat Ojukwu is alive and possibly 2015 Igbo will be a president grin grin grin. Then both naira and Kobo should scribe.
xpagnol:

am very much suprised that some igbos here do not know the meanings.

I was told by my grand father that
naira and kobo was introduced after the war to frustrate the effort of igbos seccesion as they could not do any meaningful business negotiations again with the then pounds and sterling which the igbos wanted
He said naira means -- NEVER ALLOW IGBOS RULE AGAIN and kobo means -KILL OJUKWU BEFORE OTHERS.
I REST MY CASE. forget those goggle what else do u want from them. does it mean that there were no millionaires and billionaires befor 1973.

why the arabic inscriptions on our naira notes, nigeria army uniforms and some presidential accessories uptil date.
Re: Naira And Kobo by Solozzo(m): 2:43am On Jul 01, 2011
Thanks, Nagoma. Tell us how the word Abuja came to be. Am. All ears. Ova!!
Re: Naira And Kobo by aljharem3: 3:06am On Jul 01, 2011
akigbemaru u are an iddeiot,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Compilation / Court Reinstates 8 Permanent Secretaries Sacked By Wike / How Boko Haram Jihadist Snatched 25 Communities From Niger State Govt - FIJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.