Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User (30558 Views)

American Girl, 17, Charged With Raping Two Boys Aged 10 And 14 / Two Boys Fighting Over A Dog Knocked Down By Vehicle, Quarrel On Who Will Eat It / Two Boys Caught With Pants In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Nat404: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hmmm. That reminds me when I was traveling to Abuja by bus. The policemen stopped our vehicle, saw me holding a laptop but never asked me a single question. They searched the bus, the driver and passengers on the bus except me and a lady sitting by my side. Greeted me in the process. cheesy

After the driver drove off, the passengers were very surprised. Began to ask me what exactly I do for a living including the girl sitting next to me. But I didn't utter a word. Everyone was just starring at me. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Rubbiish:
Una & the driver no try
We saw a thread like this on the abuja okene road, both the driver & passengers stayed till the issue was resolved and the policemen even got sacked. Una no try for not even identifying the station they came from
Asin ehn. Na big Bleep up..

Bad eggs too much for police force

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by DeBigFab(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
[quote author=ClassicMan202 post=110386723]The problem of this country:

1. Politicians
2. Police
3. NGOs
4. Judiciary/Lawyers
5. The Press

2 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Ayodeji82: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is not new again .. If they are Nigerian policemen. They will just collect cash on them and empty their account .. for them..
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by spencekat(m): 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Richy4:

I see no reason why the driver couldn't drive behind them to make sure they were actually taking them to police station... That's just awful..
In this life time, I pray never to encounter such driver and such passengers that can't think on the feet... sad
Exactly
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by AMossley(m): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
I witnessed similar thing today at abattoir along abule egba/pen cinema road
those police officers were just stopping every tricycle and bus to check for unsuspecting guys who either back bags or dress in all these short knickers,polo shirts and/or with dreadlocks
The one that stops the tricycle or bus will then direct those guys to another police
Though the two guys that I witnessed being stopped after proving thier innocence and opening their bags were let go
my questions now are what if it's in the night,what if a laptop is actually found with them,won't the police turn the narration over to suit them
one day all these tables must turn ooo

2 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by AgentGoat: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Why una leave them behind?
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by shortIGBOman: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
lessonotes:
Is this now the trend; the other day I saw a Twitter Notification saying he/she has been detained at Ojo Police station and that people should come and help her; and people responded that what was the offense, what is the background of the case; people can't just rise up and come to your aid; what did you do;

The OP case is similar; thou you did a good thing posting so that friends and families would be aware.

We know the NPF is this and that; but please if you're involved in crime and shaddy dealings, armed robbery, rituals and Yahoo Yahoo, do not play on our intelligence on the imperfection and corruption of the NPF and play the sympathy card, if you did the crime, you must do the time; and I pray for as many that are innocent and are under the lock and chains of the NPF, may God in his infinite mercies grant you freedom in Jesus Name; Amen.

You made so much sense. So many criminals everywhere and it's during stop and search that Police get to arrest some criminals on transit.

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Richy4(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
spencekat:
Exactly

The mind your business is gonna blind the world very soon... The way the world is going, There will be a time when people will see someone getting killed, They will just walk away as if nothing is happening..

2 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by BOUNTYDOG(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
Rubbiish:
Una & the driver no try
We saw a thread like this on the abuja okene road, both the driver & passengers stayed till the issue was resolved and the policemen even got sacked. Una no try for not even identifying the station they came from

Seriously
Imagine asking which station and they said its none of ur business and the driver left dem moved
What if dey are being kidnapped
Do u need to tell the driver that he will be held as an accomplice.
How can someone arrest peoplefrom ur bus and cannot tell u which station dey are from

3 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Omoluabi16(m): 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
The passengers no too try. They could've.. should've done something.

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by alexiseagle: 1:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is exactly what they did to me and my friend in Enugu
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by JB4life: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
We4all:
Some policemen arrested them and the driver zoomed off without asking questions? A public transport driver is responsible for his passengers.

He should have insisted on the identity of the officers and then gone ahead to lodge a complaint at the nearest police station.

True talk.
The next line of action is to use the displayed passenger manifest here to trace the motor park that loaded the bus,so as to get the driver .He can't take passenger from a park and abandon midway in the hands of undefined men and go home to rest.

Nigerian jungle is becoming something else.
May God have mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by flokii: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
AMossley:
I witnessed similar thing today at abattoir along abule egba/pen cinema road
those police officers were just stopping every tricycle and bus to check for unsuspecting guys who either back bags or dress in all these short knickers,polo shirts and/or with dreadlocks
The one that stops the tricycle or bus will then direct those guys to another police
Though the two guys that I witnessed being stopped after proving thier innocence and opening their bags were let go
my questions now are what if it's in the night,what if a laptop is actually found with them,won't the police turn the narration over to suit them
one day all these tables must turn ooo

My actual fear in all these is that the entire security architecture of this country might collapse if the youths decide to rise up agaisnt the police.. Out of over 203 million population, the youths form well over 130 million and total number of police officers in Nigeria from their top to bottom is not up to 300k.

Imagine the chaos looming while these police people sit in their offices unbothered. Allow state police so each state will be responsible for their citizen's security, they'll say no.
They'll just be employing criminals, cultists drug dealers etc. into police through connection and back door with no proper background checks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by mamaafrik(m): 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
I saw one too around that MOJ filling station last month after Dopemu underbridge,three men in mufti ,carried a fair boy like they had been tracking his phone i waited to question them but i was the only one as the people around his pick up spot were just starring.
If i had seen another person who rose up,he won't have been taken away in a yellow korope like that.

Another was beating a lady for saying she os no longer going that the driver,a soldier in mufti driving bus around iyanapaja should let her drop,the next thing you wanted to collect money from her without going up to 200m away from where you picked her
He was locking the babe top and hitting her head with his ,we rally round and held him,he started begging.
We demanded his i.d card and truly he was a serving soldier.
I started recording him as the lady ear already started bleeding.
He begged and later treated the lady as a nearby pharmacy shop.
We should always talk bikonu.
I noticed that the military guy's arrogance reduced when he sensed the matter could cost him his job and earn him court-martial.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Nat404: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
alexiseagle:
This is exactly what they did to me and my friend in Enugu
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by andyanders: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Police don join Bandits dey Kidnap oooh

Police go arrest you, put you for Van
Carry you go station
Tell u make you call ur people for bail (ransom)
Is this not broad daylight kidnapping

Kidnap you and demand bail for your release
Evans dey learn work for where police dey
The Nigerian police officers on field assignment are kidnappers as they have a target to meet everyday.
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Coldie(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
They now believe they are invincible, if pABBAlo Escobar kyari is a free man they believe nothing can happen to them
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by oxygeng: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Difference between Yoruba and Edo men. I trust an average Edo to have taken pictures atleast. If not video and run a very sweet pidgin commentary on the background. Yorubaz too fear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by cejaypriesty(m): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
lessonotes:
Is this now the trend; the other day I saw a Twitter Notification saying he/she has been detained at Ojo Police station and that people should come and help her; and people responded that what was the offense, what is the background of the case; people can't just rise up and come to your aid; what did you do;

The OP case is similar; thou you did a good thing posting so that friends and families would be aware.

We know the NPF is this and that; but please if you're involved in crime and shaddy dealings, armed robbery, rituals and Yahoo Yahoo, do not play on our intelligence on the imperfection and corruption of the NPF and play the sympathy card, if you did the crime, you must do the time; and I pray for as many that are innocent and are under the lock and chains of the NPF, may God in his infinite mercies grant you freedom in Jesus Name; Amen.
Did you read what he wrote up there ?He was concerned about fellow commuters that men on police uniform tagged Yahoo boys and he tried to reach their next kins and the numbers was off.Isn't it a good thing that he felt concerned about human beings like him.So it is better for him to keep quiet? Please try and read before you comment goodness me

2 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by blackgold2018(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
Rubbiish:
Una & the driver no try
i’m telling you.
Such an inhuman act. Now what’s the difference between them and the police kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by blackmantis: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
Same thing occurred when I was travelling from Benin to Auchi. They stopped the bus looked over everyone asked two boys to come down, searched their phones and extorted one of them the sum of N9,000 he had on him claiming he is a yahoo boy.
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by seyz91(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2022
And you think you get sense like this? undecided

Did you even read the story at all? undecided

You must be a mumu man
lessonotes:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by stanisbaratheon: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
They will take those boys to a lonely place and threaten to kill them if they don't empty their accounts.

That's how they operate.
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
nairalee:
What's now the difference between Nigerian police and kidnappers? At least kidnappers will even give u the opportunity to call your loved ones.

These Nigerian police are overdoing now o. One day one day their cup go full
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by victorv12(m): 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
How can the passengers allow them to take them just like that without knowing where they are taking them to or knowing where their station is located? Assuming they're ritualists and kidnappers, how are they going to locate them? To a certain level, our people are gullible! The I don't care attitude have destroyed this country completely.

2 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by thesolutions(m): 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
If you are still a virgin, avoid traveling by all means. This is their new trick. Ritualist something.
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Remlabi: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Such situation requires that the driver of the vehicle informs the motor park Union representative and the transportation company representative.
I also advise that the police live contact is reached either on WhatsApp or phone call -
+2348057000003.

ishowdotgmail:
What if they're not real policemen? Those are the tactics they were using to kidnap people here in Ibadan last month with police uniform before they burst their bubble.

I pray those guys are safe
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
This how the the Nigerian police kill innocent people. They are all empowered by the IGP to shoot and kill
Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by blovesther(f): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ajiswaggs:
I remember when I was going back to Niger state, along Ilorin expressway the police stop the Bus and order me to get down and search all my bags, they saw a satchet of paracetamol and asked me what am I doing with it, they asked me where is the doc prescription, I told them I just bought it at a nearby chemist. Those corrupt officer was telling me I will go to there station for buying a paracetamol without doc prescription. If not for the rest of the passenger that day enh. Honestly, Nigeria Police are very useless and corrupt.
doctor prescription for paracetamol?

1 Like

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Rubbiish:
Una & the driver no try
This is the Nigerian problem that makes police continue to misbehave, imagine them actually driving away and leaving those boys behind. Why not all of you stay put so they can arrest everyone. By so doing, you would have gathered enough information from their van, description, formation etc. when you are tweeting and tagging police official handles, it would be comprehensive. What was tweeted is just vague. Those boys would just get extorted and let go while they wait for the next victim.
Alas, they were all in a hurry to go, but tomorrow, e go reach everybody turn since we no go use our head.

6 Likes

Re: Police Pulled Our Bus Over, Arrested Two Boys And Told Us to Go - Twitter User by Ofadaman(m): 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
After all the endsars ,these people did not learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Behead Ex-Policeman Chris Kpatuma On His Farm In Imo, Return Body Home / Gunmen Kill Police Officer, Motorcyclist In Benue (Photos) / Ex-Minister, Wantaregh Paul Unongo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.