Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True (969 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Why Do We Have So Many Christian Denominations? What's the essence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2022
According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world today.
These denominations have widely diverging beliefs and practices.

But we can identify the topics all of them agree upon:

1. The Bible is the word of God.. ;
The Bible can be said to be the word of God because of the following reasons. The human authors/writes were under the influence of the Holy Spirit. The Bible deals with God's revelations to human beings and their responses. The Bible contains the true message of God for our daily living. ( Matthew 26:54,56; Mark 12:24; Luke 24:27; Romans 16:26...)

*. 2 Timothy 3:16 "KJV: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

2. Jesus Christ is the Son of God...;
Jesus was the only person to be born of a mortal mother, Mary, and an immortal father, God the Father. That is why Jesus is called the Only Begotten Son of God. From His Father, He inherited divine powers. ( Matthew 14:13; 16:16; acts 3:16...)

*. John 3:16 "KJV:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

3. Jesus Christ died and resurrected from the dead...;
The gospel is all about Jesus' death, burial and resurrection...Paul clearly states that the Gospel that he preached is that Jesus died according to the Scriptures, was buried, and rose again according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

*. "KJV:Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
KJV:By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
KJV:For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
KJV:And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

4. Heaven and Hell...; ( Revelation 20:19; 21:1,10...)

*. Matthew 6:9 "KJV:After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in HEAVEN , Hallowed be thy name"

4b. God will reward righteous people and punish evil doers...; ( 2 Peter 2:9, 13; Matthew 5:12; Luke 6:23...)

*. Matthew 25 :46 "KJV:And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal "

All Christian denominations agree that there is a place call Heaven and another one call Hell....According to a relatively common view in the wider Christian culture, heaven and hell are essentially deserved compensations for the kind of earthly lives we live. Good people go to heaven as a deserved reward for a virtuous life, and bad people go to hell as a just punishment for an immoral life; in that way, the scales of justice are sometimes thought to balance.

5. Prayers in the name of Jesus...;

All denominations believe and accept prayers and cap it in the name of Jesus. ( 1 Timothy 2:1,8; 5:5)

*. John 14:14 "KJV:If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

*. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 "KJV: Pray without ceasing."

6. Resurrection of the dead...;
All denominations accept the resurrection of the dead. (Matthew 22:30; Luke 14:14....)

*. John 5:25 "KJV:Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live ."
KJV:Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
KJV: And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life ; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation"

7. Life eternal...!
All denominations believe in the everlasting life!!! (Matthew 19:16; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:18);

*. John 3:15 "KJV:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Somebody praise the Lord!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 20, 2022
but jehovah witness say hell fire no dey exist
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2022
All you mentioned above can't be proved by the so called believers.
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Kobojunkie: 11:51am On Feb 20, 2022
I see at least one lie to your claim there. Your Bible is not the Word of God. Only your Pastors and mogs feed you that lie. undecided

Don't pretend to know what all Christians belief... instead focus on knowing the Truth of Jesus Christ and understanding His Truth from every other lie out there. undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by RisenJoe(m): 11:55am On Feb 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I see at least one lie to your claim there. Your Bible is not the Word of God. Only your Pastors and mogs feed you that lie. undecided

Don't pretend to know what all Christians belief... instead focus on knowing the Truth of Jesus Christ and understanding His Truth from every other lie out there. undecided

You go about spreading falsehood and deception, talking down on the body of Christ.

Do your work cos your time and that of your master devil is short.

1 Like

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Dtruthspeaker: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world today.
These denominations have widely diverging beliefs and practices.

But we can identify the topics all of them agree upon:

1. The Bible is the word of God.. ;
The Bible can be said to be the word of God because of the following reasons. The human authors/writes were under the influence of the Holy Spirit. The Bible deals with God's revelations to human beings and their responses. The Bible contains the true message of God for our daily living. ( Matthew 26:54,56; Mark 12:24; Luke 24:27; Romans 16:26...)

*. 2 Timothy 3:16 "KJV: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

2. Jesus Christ is the Son of God...;
Jesus was the only person to be born of a mortal mother, Mary, and an immortal father, God the Father. That is why Jesus is called the Only Begotten Son of God. From His Father, He inherited divine powers. ( Matthew 14:13; 16:16; acts 3:16...)

*. John 3:16 "KJV:For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son , that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

3. Jesus Christ died and resurrected from the dead...;
The gospel is all about Jesus' death, burial and resurrection...Paul clearly states that the Gospel that he preached is that Jesus died according to the Scriptures, was buried, and rose again according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

*. "KJV:Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
KJV:By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
KJV:For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
KJV:And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

4. Heaven and Hell...; ( Revelation 20:19; 21:1,10...)

*. Matthew 6:9 "KJV:After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in HEAVEN , Hallowed be thy name"

4b. God will reward righteous people and punish evil doers...; ( 2 Peter 2:9, 13; Matthew 5:12; Luke 6:23...)

*. Matthew 25 :46 "KJV:And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal "

All Christian denominations agree that there is a place call Heaven and another one call Hell....According to a relatively common view in the wider Christian culture, heaven and hell are essentially deserved compensations for the kind of earthly lives we live. Good people go to heaven as a deserved reward for a virtuous life, and bad people go to hell as a just punishment for an immoral life; in that way, the scales of justice are sometimes thought to balance.

5. Prayers in the name of Jesus...;

All denominations believe and accept prayers and cap it in the name of Jesus. ( 1 Timothy 2:1,8; 5:5)

*. John 14:14 "KJV:If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

*. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 "KJV: Pray without ceasing."

6. Resurrection of the dead...;
All denominations accept the resurrection of the dead. (Matthew 22:30; Luke 14:14....)

*. John 5:25 "KJV:Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live ."
KJV:Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
KJV: And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life ; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation"

7. Life eternal...!
All denominations believe in the everlasting life!!! (Matthew 19:16; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:18);

*. John 3:15 "KJV:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Somebody praise the Lord!

8.) The Lord God/ The Lord in Genesis 2:7 upwards, is still The Same Jesus Christ. (Even if they are afraid to confess it)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
OnyeGreen:

Don't worry about them, each religion have it's reason for believing whatever they preach and teach! smiley
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
RisenJoe:
You go about spreading falsehood and deception, talking down on the body of Christ.

Do your work cos your time and that of your master devil is short.
The devil does not know me though so are you sure I am one pandering falsehoods here? undecided
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
OnyeGreen:

They agree that it exists but with different description.
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't worry about them, each religion have it's reason for believing whatever they preach and teach! smiley

In the book of revelation, we are told "the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,"

*. Revelation 20:10 "KJV:And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are , and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The beast and false prophet are human beings, there were cast into Hell fire and later the Devil joined them there....

this is one of the reasons hell fire is not ordinary grave... the Devil has nothing to do with ordinary grave!

Again, the last part of that verse says and (they) shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

this means Hell fire is not total annihilation as the Watch Tower devotees supposed/ suggested!

I will like to use this opportunity to clarify the verse of the scriptures you guys are perverting:

*. Leviticus 18:21 "KJV:And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord."

*. Deuteronomy 18:10 "KJV: There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."

*. 2 Kings 17:17 "KJV:And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger."

*. Jeremiah 32:35 "KJV:And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech ; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination , to cause Judah to sin."

So guys have been holding onto this Jeremiah 32:35 to mean that God said Hell fire never came to His mind...No!

Not Hell fire but human sacrifice is what He's pointing at!

Hell fire is a form of punishment and not human sacrifice,
and sinners are not going to PASS THROUGH Hell fire but are going to be there

You guys can never see where God promised that He'll never use fire to punish human, NO!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

In the book of revelation, we are told "the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,"

*. Revelation 20:10 "KJV:And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are , and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

The beast and false prophet are human beings, there were cast into Hell fire and later the Devil joined them there....

this is one of the reasons hell fire is not ordinary grave... the Devil has nothing to do with ordinary grave!

Again, the last part of that verse says and (they) shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

this means Hell fire is not total annihilation as the Watch Tower devotees supposed/ suggested!

I will like to use this opportunity to clarify the verse of the scriptures you guys are perverting:

*. Leviticus 18:21 "KJV:And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord."

*. Deuteronomy 18:10 "KJV: There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."

*. 2 Kings 17:17 "KJV:And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger."

*. Jeremiah 32:35 "KJV:And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech ; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination , to cause Judah to sin."

So guys have been holding onto this Jeremiah 32:35 to mean that God said Hell fire never came to His mind...No!

Not Hell fire but human sacrifice is what He's pointing at!

Hell fire is a form of punishment and not human sacrifice,
and sinners are not going to PASS THROUGH Hell fire but are going to be there

You guys can never see where God promised that He'll never use fire to punish human, NO!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU!

There's no need arguing, after all you know more! smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by achorladey: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

They agree that it exists but with different description.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 8:10am On Feb 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

The post contains "According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world today."

Possibly your denomination is one among the 41, 000..., your Bible is accepted to be the word of God just as mine....

If your denomination use the 4 gospel books only, my Bible contains them...

The Catholic church Bible is slightly different from the Bible I'm using....

The Watch Tower Bible that has different writings inserted into it, has the same number of books and names with the One I'm using...

One mystery about this Book of books is that nobody agure against the: names of the Books, the numbers of chapters of each Book,....

Yet it's just one human being that God used to do that work ( dividing the Books into chapters and verses)

In summary, any of the Books you've picked out to yourself and said that is your Bible it's ok...

Concerning "Only your Pastors and mogs feed you that lie."
It's either you are pastoring and "mogging" some people or some people are pastoring and mogging you!

Leading people remains indispensable in human existence!

It's nothing but pride for each denomination to think and act like they are the only approved/true group...

Your own case has degenerated from pride to proudness. But God will help you...!
Happy new week!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There's no need arguing, after all you know more! smiley

Rather, I want to KNOWMORE
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
KNOWMORE56:
1. The post contains "According to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, there are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations and organizations in the world today."

Possibly your denomination is one among the 41, 000..., your Bible is accepted to be the word of God just as mine....

2. Concerning "Only your Pastors and mogs feed you that lie."
It's either you are pastoring and "mogging" some people or some people are pastoring and mogging you! Leading people remains indispensable in human existence!
1. Those rules apply only to those of you who have chosen to, against Jesus Christ's very instructions to you in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, chosen to submit yourselves to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, which He warned nullify the Power of the Word of God in your lives, rendering your worship of Him of no value. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not send anyone of His followers out to Pastor of Mog anyone of His own. His instructions where that they go into the world - to those who are not saved - to teach those in the world His New Covenant, and to baptize them unto Salvation. Those who are saved have only one Shepherd and Teacher, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ warned His disciples never to occupy such role over any who belonged to Him. undecided
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

Rather, I want to KNOWMORE
Trinity will teach you! smiley
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 1:42am On Feb 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Those rules apply only to those of you who have chosen to, against Jesus Christ's very instructions to you in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, chosen to submit yourselves to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, which He warned nullify the Power of the Word of God in your lives, rendering your worship of Him of no value. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not send anyone of His followers out to Pastor of Mog anyone of His own. His instructions where that they go into the world - to those who are not saved - to teach those in the world His New Covenant, and to baptize them unto Salvation. Those who are saved have only one Shepherd and Teacher, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ warned His disciples never to occupy such role over any who belonged to Him. undecided

" Jesus Christ did not send anyone of His followers out to Pastor or Mog anyone of His own. "

Umm! Let's see what is written in the Bible:
*. John 21:15 "KJV:So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
KJV:He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
KJV:He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep ."

Now, the word pastor means shepherd ... and the duty of shepherd is to take care of the sheep...

Jesus commanded somebody to feed my sheep repeatedly, but you are here saying otherwise!

Ok, let's see who are these my sheep Master Jesus is talking about:

*. John 10:14 "KJV:I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep , and am known of mine.
KJV: But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep , as I said unto you.
KJV: My sheep hear my voice , and I know them, and they follow me:"

NOTE "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"
meaning the believers in Christ Jesus are His sheep!

And He said to Peter feed my sheep!

Another verse:
*. Acts 20:28 "KJV:Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to ALL THE FLOCK, over the which the Holy Ghost hath MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO FEED THE CHURCH OF GOD , which he hath purchased with his own blood."

NOTE! ALL THE FLOCK, MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO FEED THE CHURCH OF GOD

OVERSEERS are pastors...

Once again Leading people remains indispensable in human existence!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 1:48am On Feb 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Trinity will teach you! smiley

Trinity is wonderful mystery revealed to human... grin grin grin

Check the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5745609/trinity-explained
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Feb 22, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

" Jesus Christ did not send anyone of His followers out to Pastor or Mog anyone of His own. "

Umm! Let's see what is written in the Bible:
*. John 21:15 "KJV:So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
KJV:He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
KJV:He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep ."

Now, the word pastor means shepherd ... and the duty of shepherd is to take care of the sheep...

Jesus commanded somebody to feed my sheep repeatedly, but you are here saying otherwise!

Ok, let's see who are these my sheep Master Jesus is talking about:

*. John 10:14 "KJV:I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep , and am known of mine.

And He said to Peter feed my sheep!

Another verse:
*. Acts 20:28 "KJV:Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to ALL THE FLOCK, over the which the Holy Ghost hath MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO FEED THE CHURCH OF GOD , which he hath purchased with his own blood."

NOTE! ALL THE FLOCK, MADE YOU OVERSEERS, TO FEED THE CHURCH OF GOD

OVERSEERS are pastors...

Once again Leading people remains indispensable in human existence!
What has Jesus Christ's commandments "feed my lambs" to do with teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to those who are in the world? undecided
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What has Jesus Christ's commandments "feed my lambs" to do with teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to those who are in the world? undecided

I read through your post and I could not find any explanation of feed my lambs, feed my sheep and feed the church of God.

Moreover I believe you have now understood that the word pastor means shepherd
... and the duty of shepherd is to take care of the sheep...

You've also understood that the believers in Christ Jesus are His sheep!

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

Trinity is wonderful mystery revealed to human... grin grin grin
Check the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/5745609/trinity-explained

The highlighted is enough to tell what trinity is MYSTERY.

Oxford dictionary:

"Something secret or unexplainable; an unknown"

I can't believe (trust) what i can't EXPLAIN to others when Jesus ordered his followers to go and preach and teach {Matthew 28:19-20} i'm sure he wasn't talking about what they can't explain! smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is enough to tell what trinity is MYSTERY.

Oxford dictionary:

I can't believe (trust) what i can't EXPLAIN to others when Jesus ordered his followers to go and preach and teach {Matthew 28:19-20} i'm sure he wasn't talking about what they can't explain! smiley

Let's see what the Bible says about mystery :

*. Mark 4:11 " KJV:And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the MYSTERY of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

*. Romans 11:25 "KJV:For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this MYSTERY , lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

*. Romans 16:25 "KJV:Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began,"

*. 1 Corinthians 2: 7 "KJV:But we speak the wisdom of God in a MYSTERY , even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:"

*. Ephesians 3:3 "KJV:How that by revelation he made known unto me the MYSTERY ; (as I wrote afore in few words,
KJV:Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY of Christ )
KJV: And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:"

*. Colossians 2:2 "KJV:That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the MYSTERY of God, and of the Father, and of Christ

*. 1 Timothy 3: 16 "KJV: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. "

Note! The post you quote said Trinity is a revealed mystery
and the verses above have proven it to be so

@underlined, the Word of God is awesome!!! grin grin

Halleluiah...!!!! Amen!!!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
This is how people who don't want others to question their interpretation rendered it they deliberately use the word MYSTERY to hinder gullible people from questioning their interpretation.
In my own Bible there is nothing like MYSTERY otherwise i won't have believed what i can't explain! wink

KNOWMORE56:

Let's see what the Bible says about mystery :

*. Mark 4:11 " KJV:And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the MYSTERY of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

*. Romans 11:25 "KJV:For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this MYSTERY , lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

*. Romans 16:25 "KJV:Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began,"

*. 1 Corinthians 2: 7 "KJV:But we speak the wisdom of God in a MYSTERY , even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:"

*. Ephesians 3:3 "KJV:How that by revelation he made known unto me the MYSTERY ; (as I wrote afore in few words,
KJV:Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY of Christ )
KJV: And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:"

*. Colossians 2:2 "KJV:That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the MYSTERY of God, and of the Father, and of Christ

*. 1 Timothy 3: 16 "KJV: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. "

Note! The post you quote said Trinity is a revealed mystery
and the verses above have proven it to be so

@underlined, the Word of God is awesome!!! grin grin

Halleluiah...!!!! Amen!!!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
KNOWMORE56:
I read through your post and I could not find any explanation of feed my lambs, feed my sheep and feed the church of God.

You didn't answer my question. What has Jesus Christ's commandments "feed my lambs" -A- to do with teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to those who are in the world - B? undecided

What has A to do with B? undecided

In John 10, which you ignorantly quoted from, Jesus Christ informs you that He alone is Shepherd over His sheep. So how can you ignore that to continue proclaiming this foolishness about your pastors instead being Shepherds over God's own sheep? undecided
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 4:33am On Feb 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
This is how people who don't want others to question their interpretation rendered it they deliberately use the word MYSTERY to hinder gullible people from questioning their interpretation.

Which of your questions have not been answered or who prevented you from asking questions...

In my own Bible there is nothing like MYSTERY otherwise i won't have believed what i can't explain! wink

Your Bible have many things missing, you are programmed to accept whatever Watch Tower tell you...

I suppose that the NWT ( New World Transmission) is your preferred version...
the word organisation is not replaced for the word church in the version (i. e the NWT)
yet you accept it...

Let's see from the Bible:

*. Matthew 16:18 "NWT: Also, I say to you: You are Peter,+ and on this rock+ I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave* will not overpower it."

*. Matthew 16:18 "KJV:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

@underlined which one is not correct...?

1. my organisation of Jehovah's witnesses

2. my congregation of Jehovah's witnesses

3. my church of Jehovah's witnesses

4. my church

You can compare/ check other verses with the word church below:

Matthew 18:17; Acts 2:47; 5:11; 7:38; 8:1,3... and so on.

My point is that I don't see any genuine reason for not accepting the word mystery simply because it is not in your Bible
because the word organisation is not there also although you accept it!
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 4:55am On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You didn't answer my question. What has Jesus Christ's commandments "feed my lambs" -A- to do with teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to those who are in the world - B? undecided

What has A to do with B? undecided

It's clear from Mani of your replies/ posts that you may be having comprehension difficulties...

I've clearly answered the question: my sheep, according to Jesus Christ refers to the people who believe in Him

The world are never referred to as His sheep...

the sheep is the church... read my post again
[/quote]

In John 10, which you ignorantly quoted from, Jesus Christ informs you that He alone is Shepherd over His sheep. So how can you ignore that to continue proclaiming this foolishness about your pastors instead being Shepherds over God's own sheep? undecided

You will continue to have comprehension issues until you properly humble yourself under a pastor or priest to help you out.

Our pastors, priests and scollars are doing wonderfully and God bless them more and more.

But I pray nobody falls a victim of being a learner undei your teaching.

He that cannot be taught should not teach!...
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 5:10am On Feb 26, 2022
@ kobojunkie more Bible quotes for pastoring and teaching:

*. Ephesians 4:11 "KJV:And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
KJV:For the perfecting of the saints,
for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

*. Acts 20:28 "KJV:Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God , which he hath purchased with his own blood."

Any time you see the word: flock, sheep or lambs...
it's talking about the church and the meaning of the word church [b] is [b] the called out people

Greek: ἐκκλησία
Transliteration: ekklēsia
Pronunciation: ek-klay-see'-ah
Definition: From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out that is (concretely) a popular meeting especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly church.
KJV Usage: church (115x), assembly
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:28am On Feb 26, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

Which of your questions have not been answered or who prevented you from asking questions... Your Bible have many things missing, you are programmed to accept whatever Watch Tower tell you... I suppose that the NWT ( New World Transmission) is your preferred version...the word organisation is not replaced for the word church in the version (i. e the NWT)
yet you accept it...
Let's see from the Bible:
*. Matthew 16:18 "NWT: Also, I say to you: You are Peter,+ and on this rock+ I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave* will not overpower it."
*. Matthew 16:18 "KJV:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
4. my church
My point is that I don't see any genuine reason for not accepting the word mystery simply because it is not in your Bible
because the word organisation is not there also although you accept it!

Do you truthfully want to KNOWMORE? smiley

Let's reason like real intellectuals here!

Remember our discussion never started with the word (MYSTERY) there's a concept you and i wanted to figure out which is the TRINITY that can't be found anywhere in the Bible yet it's the Hallmark of your faith. The reason why you brought in the word "MYSTERY" is to make up for this anonymous "TRINITY" therefore it's like using one thing to cover for another.
So in a nutshell instead of preaching and teaching what TRINITY is, the interpreters of the version you're carrying want to use the word MYSTERY to shy away! smiley

Please how do you think
Is sufficient enough to make up for what Jesus actually commanded his disciples to go out there to PREACH and TEACH? Matthew 28:19-20

I agreed with the Watchtower's interpretation because MYSTERY is not mentioned otherwise to continue preaching zealously and teaching industriously will be a challenge. embarassed
Perhaps that's why only the JWs are globally known for their confidence and consistency in doing exactly what Jesus commanded: going to meet people in their homes {Matthew 10:11-13} while all the others randomly talk in buses, market places and street corners {Matthew 12:19} instead of boldly speaking with people one on one! Malachi 3:16 smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 6:02am On Feb 26, 2022
Response 3 to kobojunkie

"In John 10, which you ignorantly quoted from, Jesus Christ informs you that He alone is Shepherd over His sheep. So how can you ignore that to continue proclaiming this foolishness about your pastors instead being Shepherds over God's own sheep?

Jesus Christ makes He's obedient followers everything He is. Example:

1. He's a King; He's followers are Kings

*. Revelation 1:6 "KJV:And (He) hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

*. Matthew 2:2 "KJV:Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews ? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.*

2. He's the light of the world; He's followers are the Lights of the World

*. Matthew 5:14 "KJV: Ye are the light of the world . A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."

*. John 9:5 "KJV:As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

3. He's a Shepherd; He's followers are the shepherds

*. John 21:15 "KJV:So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs .

4. He's an Evangelist; He's followers are evangelists,

Luke 10:3 "KJV:Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as LAMBS among wolves.

*. Matthew 10:16 "KJV:Behold, I send you forth as SHEEP in the midst of wolves : be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

*. John 20:21 "21 "KJV:Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: [ b] as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you [/b]."

5. and so on...

NOTE the word LAMBS in Luke 10:3 above and tell me - are they the sinners or the Saints?
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you truthfully want to KNOWMORE? smiley

Let's reason like real intellectuals here!

Remember our discussion never started with the word (MYSTERY) there's a concept you and i wanted to figure out which is the TRINITY that can't be found anywhere in the Bible yet it's the Hallmark of your faith. The reason why you brought in the word "MYSTERY" is to make up for this anonymous "TRINITY" therefore it's like using one thing to cover for another.
So in a nutshell instead of preaching and teaching what TRINITY is, the interpreters of the version you're carrying want to use the word MYSTERY to shy away! smiley

Please how do you think
Is sufficient enough to make up for what Jesus actually commanded his disciples to go out there to PREACH and TEACH? Matthew 28:19-20

I agreed with the Watchtower's interpretation because MYSTERY is not mentioned otherwise to continue preaching zealously and teaching industriously will be a challenge. embarassed
Perhaps that's why only the JWs are globally known for their confidence and consistency in doing exactly what Jesus commanded: going to meet people in their homes {Matthew 10:11-13} while all the others randomly talk in buses, market places and street corners {Matthew 12:19} instead of boldly speaking with people one on one! Malachi 3:16 smiley

*. Mark 4 11 "NWT: He said to them: “To you the sacred secret + of the Kingdom of God has been given, but to those outside all things are in illustrations,+"

"KJV:And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

Check @ highlightes and verse above. You posted that mystery means secret... and you can see it in your version but you turn around and said it's not found
grin cheesy grin

it's like saying " no JW in NL forum, but Max is there and Max is a member of JW" cheesy grin
Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

*. Mark 4 11 "NWT: He said to them: “To you the sacred secret + of the Kingdom of God has been given, but to those outside all things are in illustrations,+"

"KJV:And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:"

Check @ highlightes and verse above. You posted that mystery means secret... and you can see it in your version but you turn around and said it's not found
grin cheesy grin

it's like saying " no JW in NL forum, but Max is there and Max is a member of JW" cheesy grin

A secret is explainable so the NWT often used that word "SACRED SECRETS" instead of "MYSTERY"
If anyone should ask you to explain your trinity God now you will end up saying "it's a MYSTERY" so your listener just have to accept it even when he can't grasp or teach others.
But SACRED SECRETS are revealed to few (according to Jesus) and it's this few that will have to TEACH others for them to know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the SACRED SECRETS.

So if my God is unexplainable then whoever refuse to accept such a God is not at fault after all i can't expect them to leave their former god (that's mysterious) only to bring them a replacement that's also mysterious!

1 Like

Re: 7 Topics That All Christian Denominations Accept As True by KNOWMORE56: 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

A secret is explainable so the NWT often used that word "SACRED SECRETS" instead of "MYSTERY"
If anyone should ask you to explain your trinity God now you will end up saying "it's a MYSTERY" so your listener just have to accept it even when he can't grasp or teach others.
But SACRED SECRETS are revealed to few (according to Jesus) and it's this few that will have to TEACH others for them to know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the SACRED SECRETS.

So if my God is unexplainable then whoever refuse to accept such a God is not at fault after all i can't expect them to leave their former god (that's mysterious) only to bring them a replacement that's also mysterious!

By the way, I'm still interested in:

4. my church

Why do we not have the word organisation in any of the version?

I asked to KNOWMORE !

I have often heard you and your brothers saying the following words are not in the Holy Scriptures: Bible, rapture, etc. Recently you said that the word mystery is not in your version...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Tv - Undecover Mosque / What miracle(s) are you expecting from God this 2007 / How Should We Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.