Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? (5269 Views)

Amaechi On His Way To Sharia Court To File Appeal Against Supreme Court Judgemen / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Boss Putin Says No To Sharia And Multiculturalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by calid16: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2011
I don't understand why the federal govt. allows sharia states ban the sale and production of alcohol but still give us that money as part of monthly allocation. Personaly i am feel that money is haram since if alcohol is not allowed then why state governors from sharia state will stil be accepting this money. Nigerian Breweries which is one of the biggest companies in Africa, Guiness, International Beverages and Brewery etc pay millions to FG in taxes. Why FG not seperate it before sharing it ?
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by Ofido(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
words man, Was just thinking same
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by edoyad(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
Guy this your statement makes so much sense. So you mean zamfara and katsina enjoy from collected from what i'm having below . . .

Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by jmaine: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^ grin grin
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2011
The first time you talk sense in your life grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by naijaking1: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
Welcome to Nigeria guys, the more you understand, the more you feel it--- the injustice, inequity, and doublestandard of what makes Nigeria embarassed
While you're at it, find out which other country in the World spends a great percentage of their budget sending people (who wouldn't afford it in their life time) to pilgrimage every year.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by gabng(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
@calid16
the amount that NB Plc alone paid as taxes for the year end 2010 is 12Billion talk less of Guiness and other non sharia compliant firms.

As long as the national assembly does not change the laws concerning how the nation shares the fund accuring from these taxes the staus quo remains.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by superboi(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2011
calid16:

I don't understand why the federal govt. allows sharia states ban the sale and production of alcohol but still give us that money as part of monthly allocation. Personaly i am feel that money is haram since if alcohol is not allowed then why state governors from sharia state will stil be accepting this money. Nigerian Breweries which is one of the biggest companies in Africa, Guiness, International Beverages and Brewery etc pay millions to FG in taxes. Why FG not seperate it before sharing it ?

Because they all sell soft drinks(Malt) too grin grin
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by naijaking1: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^
A pious islamic/sharia government who doesn't want to touch "dirty" alcohol money would demand for revenues from minerals only, and leave the rest for those sinful southern/middle belts states
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by calid16: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2011
It is hypocrisy if you ask me, president goodluck should look at this.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by homerac7: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ Op,

If d FG offers dem d money, isn't religious uprightness supposed to make dem return d "dirty" money? What abt tobacco companies e.g BAT and other importers. what abt tens of distilleries scattered all over d country, hotels, brothels, taxes frm pig products and lottery services, r those revenues not haram?
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2011
Hypocritical parasites. angry
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by udezue(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
Pure hypocrisy. May thunder strike dem kpafuka. U want Sharia and want to harass ppl for drinking or selling alcohol yet u put ur hand out to collect gotten from its sale by southerners, MB, etc? Anyways I blame the southern morons who fought with these bums to keep nigeria as one. Look at what we are having to swallow bcoz of ur stpidity.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:12am On Jun 27, 2011
donspony:

Hypocritical parasites. angry

^^^ Take am easy a beg!!! Nothing's going to change until the whole south -and maybe the middle belt- speak with one voice.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by hercules07: 1:28am On Jun 27, 2011
It is the constitution guys, they are constitutionally to accept it and there is nothing like returning it in our constitution.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by ektbear: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2011
hehe
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by calid16: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2011
@edoayd, that your beer looks good, where is that ? grin grin
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2011
the north is Nigeria's parasite!
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by Jbenue: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2011
SO I AM DAMAGING MY LIVER FOR THEM TO ENJOY THE PROFIT?? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
If they want to chop alcohol tax let them chip in if not let them tax kunu
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by maclatunji: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2011
@OP, I am sure the Sharia Governors will not complain about that if they have their way. Unfortunately, you will be the first to scream that those states are not exclusively Muslim states and as such they do not have their way. You cannot eat your cake and have it!
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by VALIDATOR: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2011
And why should they share part of the "oyel" money gotten from the land of the South-South "infidels" who they are eagerly willing to slaughter at the slightest provocation? Methinks the union called Nigeria is too partial.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by ak47mann(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2011
hehe
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by lafuria1(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for letting us know that money from alcohol is part of the budget given to the north, since we ban alcohol, we dont work in brewies, the federal govt shld then separate the alcoho revenuel 4rm the northern budget.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by scholes0(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2011
^^ Talk all you want, but it is not all about you, it is all about your leaders, they are the ones who collect and squander the money.allocations.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by FlyboyZee: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Talk all you want, but it is not all about you, it is all about your leaders, they are the ones who collect and squander the money.allocations.
GBAM!!!
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by FlyboyZee: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2011
edoyad:

Guy this your statement makes so much sense. So you mean zamfara and katsina enjoy from collected from what i'm having below . . .
Boy! you make me feel lyk a bottle ryt now.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by prodam(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2011
in this issue,

the accused might not be guilty because the OP is not even sure he is just assuming, furthermore, the people involved are religious scholars and as such would have scrutinized the development or decision critically.
before passing such order, agreement would have been made and the guidelines are based on the Quran and sunnah of the Prophet(saw)
hope i didnt get it wrong muslim folks
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by dipo2much(m): 11:02am On Jun 27, 2011
Good topic. Very thoughtful of †нє thread opener. †нє sharia ppl should reject such monies vehemently.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by edoyad(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Boy! you make me feel lyk a bottle ryt now.
grin i understand. By the way, that na one plate of catfish pepper soup by the side grin. Just thought you should know.
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by vicenzo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
edoyad:

grin i understand. By the way, that na one plate of catfish pepper soup by the side grin. Just thought you should know.
See enjoyment o! grin
Re: Why Is Revenue Gotten From Breweries Given To Sharia States? by focusxo4: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
This is a good post.I hope that those who are involved,did not only read the post but also think about it.
That nobody is perfect,except God almighty who knows every things.and we should learn  how to leave judgement
for God.Let's have more of this kind of post.we can use it to correct many issues in the society.instead of engaging ourselves
in a hot arguement.Let's speak to their conscience.They are not more righteous than those they criticize or punish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Un Report Says Nigeria Militants Strike Fear Across Africa / Rev Ejike Mbaka's Message For 2015 General Election / Buhari Commits Another Blunder In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.