Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour (283 Views)

How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Before I go into details of what happened, I would like to share some tips that I think might be of help...

I live in a three block of flats, so we are just 3 families in the compound. I am the only Muslim.
One of the family has been my friend for the past 15yrs and we understand each very well. this said family are celestial, and we do almost anything together. So the other family is a single mother and she just moved in about a year ago. I as a Muslim is not that religious as don't go to any mosque but sometimes pray in my room. Also my celestial family sometimes goes to church or we all drink throughout Sunday. So no one disturb eachother or ever have a misunderstanding.

But this woman that moves in about a year plus have been making the house unbearable almost everyday, expecially Sundays. I don't really know the church she attended but sometimes she goes to winners church that's close to us only when they have special services.
How do I know? Well, she'll tell us not to lock the gate as she'll be going to church and comes back late.

So the major problem is this woman pray like she's the only one in the compound, and anytime she started this her prayer, no one will be able to sleep again. Note, there are times I join her in praise and Worship, in my room without visiting her, because I love when someone is praising God in anyway comfortable for them. But where I have problem her is when she started this prayer... Chai, this noise will be too much and it's always unbearable... If you're a visitor, you'll this there's a war going on.

I don't know how to approach this because I don't want her to see it as a religious war, secondly I don't want her to think I am doing any bad thing that is making me uncomfortable when she's praying.... I don't ask anyone not to pray, they should consider we that's don't go anywhere on Sunday. I don't know the reason she doesn't go to church on Sundays self.

Please what's the best way to approach this? Thanks

Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by dawnomike(m): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oyinlomobambam:
Before I go into details of what happened, I would like to share some tips that I think might be of help...

I live in a three block of flats, so we are just 3 families in the compound. I am the only Muslim.
One of the family has been my friend for the past 15yrs and we understand each very well. this said family are celestial, and we do almost anything together. So the other family is a single mother and she just moved in about a year ago. I as a Muslim is not that religious as don't go to any mosque but sometimes pray in my room. Also my celestial family sometimes goes to church or we all drink throughout Sunday. So no one disturb eachother or ever have a misunderstanding.

But this woman that moves in about a year plus have been making the house unbearable almost everyday, expecially Sundays. I don't really know the church she attended but sometimes she goes to winners church that's close to us only when they have special services.
How do I know? Well, she'll tell us not to lock the gate as she'll be going to church and comes back late.

So the major problem is this woman pray like she's the only one in the compound, and anytime she started this her prayer, no one will be able to sleep again. Note, there are times I join her in praise and Worship, in my room without visiting her, because I love when someone is praising God in anyway comfortable for them. But where I have problem her is when she started this prayer... Chai, this noise will be too much and it's always unbearable... If you're a visitor, you'll this there's a war going on.

I don't know how to approach this because I don't want her to see it as a religious war, secondly I don't want her to think I am doing any bad thing that is making me uncomfortable when she's praying.... I don't ask anyone not to pray, they should consider we that's don't go anywhere on Sunday. I don't know the reason she doesn't go to church on Sundays self.

Please what's the best way to approach this? Thanks
Speak to her about it in a friendly manner that she should lower her voice during prayers a bit... Lobatan
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by slimjohn2k5: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
Led by the spirit
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
Speak to her about it in a friendly manner that she should lower her voice during prayers a bit... Lobatan

Lol grin grin
You think we never do that? Well, I haven't directly as I believe woman to woman can handle eachother but we no get draw yet
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
Led by the spirit

Which kind spirit be that? undecided undecided
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Ahmed0336(m): 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Talk to her, if she persists report her to your caretaker or landlord. Make sure you have recordings incase she tries to deny.
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Talk to her, if she persists report her to your caretaker or landlord. Make sure you have recordings incase she tries to deny.

My landlady is in USA, and I am like caretaker in her absent.
She's sick and I don't want to bother her with the issue.

The woman is adamant.
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Ahmed0336(m): 5:37am On Feb 21, 2022
Oyinlomobambam:

My landlady is in USA, and I am like caretaker in her absent.
She's sick and I don't want to bother her with the issue.

The woman is adamant.
You are the caretaker and you're behaving like this?
Wehdone
Re: Best Way To Aproch My Noisy Neighbour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Ahmed0336:

You are the caretaker and you're behaving like this?
Wehdone

No caretaker... Just that I am close to the landlady and she called me directly anytime we needed to do something in the house.

She's very sick now

(1) (Reply)

Church Members Run For Their Lives After Pastor Suddenly Japa While Preaching / 2023: Don't Support Any RCCG Member - Muslim Group Tells Members / A Depressed And Frustrated Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.