Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? (2904 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by Oking1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
Guys can anyone tell me why there is this 8 day wait before naming a child? Is it tradition or spiritual? Is it in the Bible or Quran? Why cant i name my child anytime its convenient for me( 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months etc )?
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by miftaudeen(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2011
in islam is 7days and give ur child good name
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by snowdrops(m): 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
Exactly the question i asked a friend recently when i attended his child`s christening.

I guess there are certain traditions/customs that we practice and accept it as fact/way of life without questioning the rationale.
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by obowunmi(m): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2011
Good question.
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2011
I don't think it's a "must". Probably depends where you're from, or what religion you are, I don't know.

My daughter was named as soon as she was born, we knew what names were were giving her, before the pregnancy was even half term.
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by iice(f): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^I think so too
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by livedit(f): 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
I'm newly married and don't have any children yet. And my child(ren) name has already been picked out. But in some cultures it maybe customary to wait to name the child.
Re: Is It A Must To Wait 8 Days Before Naming My Child? by snowdrops(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2011
livedit:

I'm newly married and don't have any children yet. And my child(ren) name has already been picked out. But in some cultures it maybe customary to wait to name the child.

(1) (Reply)

What This Mom Did To Her Baby In A Fast Food Bathroom Is Despicable / My Wife Has Started Doing Private Midnight Call / Is It Compulsory To Have A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.