Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece (2408 Views)

How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / A Friend's Mum And Niece Are Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by NoToPile: 2:40am On Feb 22, 2022
There's something wrong with our younger generation, most don't understand how to sacrifice,

Someone sacrificed for you to be where you are and you can't do that for your younger one, despite knowing the individual has tried his or her best.

Call all of them for a meeting and handover the remaining two to the elderly two working that you hand over the baton to them, you have served them to a point they can stand on their own, they should also lift their siblings up. Shikena.

Don't expect to receive any favors from them, children that can't sacrifice to pay fees of their younger ones won't remember the person that was there for them.

You no get wife and children ni?

Extended family matter e get as e dey be.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by gentlekay2017: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
If I were you, I would call the guy who came to ask for school fees, sit him down and explain to him that his siblings are earning over 200k, and you want them to take over payment of his fees henceforth. You explain to him that even your salary is below theirs. Looks like they are very wicked children, just like their father, and that's why they have the mind to abandon their younger one.

Bear in mind that when you do this, they may all gang up to begin to speak evil about you, and totally forget all your help in the past.
I have done this thrice. I explained my financial situations to them and told them to pick up from where I stopped and take care of their two other siblings. They didn't argue or disagree with me, but they only kept mute throughput our discussions. I heard from my younger sister that the eldest said he is still paying for the money he borrowed to buy his job slot and that he can't shoulder any responsibility now. I have related this to him through e-mail yesterday since he has stopped picking my calls. I asked him to explain to me where he borrowed money to buy slot from. I paid 350K fot the slot out of which I contributed 250K and he 100K which he claimed he saved during NYSC. I also told him in the mail to tell his father to stop blackmailing me around. He hasn't acknowledge my mail, but he has called my younger sister who gave me the information and picked quarrel with her for divulging their secret talk to me.
I will keep my cool and offer whatever assistance I could to these young ones but its not going to be like putting myself under pressure as i did with the first two. Thankfully, my younger sister is coming up in her business too, she has also promised to do more for them and that I shoud stop "begging" the two of them to help their siblings. I won't overstretch myself for anyone anymore. I will just do the little I can do and forget the rest. Who say the younger ones won't do worse by the time they are through with their education?
My mum have called them to a meeting for next sunday, I think they should attend. If they don't, no wahala, but I have learnt another lesson about human being now. I thank you all for sparing your time to give these invaluable advises and suggestions, God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by NoToPile: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2022
gentlekay2017:

I have done this thrice. I explained my financial situations to them and told them to pick up from where I stopped and take care of their two other siblings. They didn't argue or disagree with me, but they only kept mute throughput our discussions. I heard from my younger sister that the eldest said he is still paying for the money he borrowed to buy his job slot and that he can't shoulder any responsibility now. I have related this to him through e-mail yesterday since he has stopped picking my calls. I asked him to explain to me where he borrowed money to buy slot from. I paid 350K fot the slot out of which I contributed 250K and he 100K which he claimed he saved during NYSC. He hasn't acknowledge my mail, but he has called my younger sister who gave me the information and picked quarrel with her for divulging their secret talk to me.
I will keep my cool and offer whatever assistance I could to these young ones but its not going to be like putting myself under pressure as i did with the first two. Thankfully, my younger sister is coming up in her business too, she has also promised to do more for them and that I shoud stop "begging" the two of them to help their siblings. I won't overstretch myself for anyone anymore. I will just do the little I can do and forget the rest. Who say the younger ones won't do worse by the time they are through with their education?
My mum have called them to a meeting for next sunday, I think they should attend. If they don't, no wahala, but I have learnt another lesson about human being now. I thank you all for sparing your time to give these invaluable advises and suggestions, God bless you all.

Do the little you can, it is well.

So he's still paying 100k and you that droped 250k too don't know the hole that 250k made in your pocket abi. angry does he think it was easy for you to drop that money or it wouldn't have met some needs in your own nuclear family?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by gentlekay2017: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

I hope while you are doing all these you are investing in your own children and yourself. Just see it that you are doing it for charity, because with your narrative, those your late sister's children doesn't look to me like people who are ready to help anyone in the future. If they cannot help their own siblings, don't expect them to help your own children. Invest in your future now!
I once lived with an uncle who has a saying "my family first". That is my motto now, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by gentlekay2017: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2022
NoToPile:
There's something wrong with our younger generation, most don't understand how to sacrifice,

Someone sacrificed for you to be where you are and you can't do that for your younger one, despite knowing the individual has tried his or her best.

Call all of them for a meeting and handover the remaining two to the elderly two working that you hand over the baton to them, you have served them to a point they can stand on their own, they should also lift their siblings up. Shikena.

This is exactly what my mum said she will do if they come up for the meeting next sunday. I hope they attend the meeting.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Nephew And Niece by Candidlady: 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
kennybabs1980:
Don't worry, go and sleep. You have a good mind. They are ingrates. Perhaps they take after their irresponsible father. Honestly I also agree that whatever you do is unto God. Help the little girl through her HND and the younger boy through his degree. God will bless you because of certain reasons, this may be the reason.

They already took after their irresponsible fad...

Iabhor ingrates

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Advice This ''pregnant'' Girl (photo) / Is It Okay For A Husband To Help Out With The Laundry? / 5 Top , Rich And Popular Nigerian Women Who Still Cook For Their Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.