Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US (50821 Views)

Funke Akindele Arrested For Hosting Party Despite Lockdown / Argentine Doctor Arrested For Masturbating While Checking Patient's Private Part / Quadruplets: Ruth Onyekachi Buzugbe Gives Birth To 4 Babies At FMC Asaba. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by lalasticlala(m): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2022
US-based Nigerian Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Slapping Patient Repeatedly, Mocking, Accusing Her Of Faking Seizure

An emergency room doctor in Florida was arrested this week after police say he repeatedly struck a semi-unconscious female patient using the patient’s own hand because he believed she was faking a seizure.

A Nigerian doctor in the US, Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko, 44, was taken into custody Wednesday and charged with three counts of battery, court records cited by Law&Crime show, Nigeria Abroad reports.

According to a probable cause affidavit, two registered nurses, a hospital director, and the victim all provided statements that led to Nwabuko’s arrest. Police said the victim also appeared to have sustained a “significant facial injury.”

Officers with the Leesburg Police Department at approximately 8:00 a.m. on February 16 responded to a 911 call about a possible battery at the University of Florida Health Leesburg Hospital emergency room.
Upon arriving at the scene, several members of the hospital’s staff confirmed to police that Nwabuko unnecessarily struck a patient multiple times in the face.

Per the affidavit, one of the nurses described to police that medical personnel commonly judge the state of a patient’s consciousness by laying the patient on their back, holding their hand a few inches above their face, and letting the hand drop. The patient “will either move or stop their hand to prevent it from striking their face,” a member of the hospital staff explained.

That staffer also reportedly witnessed Nwabuko’s interaction with the victim and told police that the doctor “clearly” was not following typical procedure because he believed the patient was “faking” her medical condition, the affidavit stated. The staffer said that despite seeing the patient clearly attempting to stop her hand from hitting her face, Nwabuko repeatedly used her hand to strike her face in three separate instances, each time using more force.

After his initial interaction with the victim, Nwabuko allegedly left the examination room and returned a short while later, according to the document. When Nwabuko returned to the examination room a second time, he again used the patient’s own hand to strike her in the face several times, per the affidavit.
“I’m sorry, I have to do this, or I will have to intubate you,” Nwabuko allegedly said while hitting the victim.

Court documents say the victim suffered beyond the blows to the face.

“During the second battery, the Victim’s IV line, located in her left arm, came out and the Victim’s arm began bleeding on the Victim’s face and chest area,” a witness allegedly told police. Another witness quoted in the reports who described the second alleged battery said that the IV line was “ripped from the Victim’s arm causing her to bleed.”

Nwabuko allegedly returned a third time and used the patient’s hand to strike her face, again insisting that she was “faking,” per the affidavit.

The victim told police that she was “semi-unconscious” during the interactions but that she clearly remembered Nwabuko striking her and telling her that she was “faking the seizure,” per the affidavit. She said she couldn’t speak and did not have the strength to prevent Nwabuko from controlling her hand.

“She attempted to stop him but was unable to speak or physically resist the force in which he was using. He continued to batter her harder and harder until nursing staff stepped in,” the affidavit says. “She stated that he was laughing at and mocking her for faking the seizure.”
The victim also noted that Nwabuko “continuously conducted a sternum rub to elicit a response” from her.

Police said that the victim appeared to have “significant swelling, redness, and bruising to her left eye.”

Nwabuko was taken into custody and processed at the Lake County Jail in Tavares following the incident. He was released after posting bond of $3,000 (about N1.7 million) His arraignment is currently scheduled for March 3.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/20/us-based-nigerian-doctor-arrested-allegedly-slapping-patient-repeatedly-mocking-accusing

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2022
he need rehabilitation in the mental house too

113 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by xpressionx(m): 7:36am On Feb 21, 2022
Ok
Is the woman wife of a nigerian politican?
What could have prompted him to do that?

BTW how u wan take tell nigerian police officer that you are a doctor with that kind of hair?

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Omihanifa: 7:37am On Feb 21, 2022
This one don buy market, nah court case go finish all the money way he don gather since he start the work

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by pyyxxaro: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2022
Village people again

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Ammishaddai: 7:41am On Feb 21, 2022
Na wah o. And just when I thought Nigerian doctors were doing us proud I now come and see this sort of nonsense on a Monday morning .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by donbachi(m): 7:42am On Feb 21, 2022
Medicine and teaching are two jobs with so much love attached....it shocks me whenever i read news of doctors and teachers treating the sick and pupils with hate and wickedness.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by internationalman(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2022
He should switch places with the patient.

He apparently needs treatment more than the patient..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by RoyalBlu(f): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2022
What a wicked human! embarassed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by westfield: 7:45am On Feb 21, 2022
Ok
Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2022
This one still think say hin dey Naija where doctors they oppress patients any how

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Microsam: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2022
He thinks say na naija him dey ni?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by inoki247: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Dem don supply him Mpkuri mmiri....

Normal behavior wey people dey behave daily buh ones white du it d thing turn racism....

Aw black take dey different from white apart from the skin color na d same wickedness dey inside everybody dem both gt acid mouth buh ones u b white e turn racism....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Mko123(m): 7:46am On Feb 21, 2022
I think the lady in question (The slapee) is discovered to be Tinubu urchin, so he needed to slap the rubbish out of her.

you can't do rubbish in a saner clime

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by goodconsience77: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2022
If you believe village people are doing overtime on this guy cliq like. grin grin grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
This na Yahoo doctor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by drmuchin: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Village people pro max
Better deportation loading
Even me wey dey 9ja with all it's lawlessness never slap person

16 Likes

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Obyangel: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
cheesy
Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by AkinOO0: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
grin
Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by JooEeL(m): 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Lol, so the lady who faked the seizure actually reported all what the guy did? And she wants to propagandise it as "semi-consciousness". Lol grin

________________________________________________________________________________________

It reminds me of when we were young as kids. One night I pretended to be asleep so I would avoid chores from momc. Didn't know momc had that evening, fried extra meat. My bro asked for more meat and momc was like well, since I'm fast asleep, let him take more but at least remain a few to last till the morning.

Lol, I didn't know when I jumped outta the bed. I was like "Eran mi da?" Momc was like "we thought you were fast asleep". And I was like "mom, I was half-asleep"

________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways black people. Why do we tend to gravitate towards aggression to solving simple issues? Hin don export madness go America now. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Henribest8(m): 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
Nigeria mentality

1 Like

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by drmuchin: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Even me wey dey 9ja never slapp

1 Like

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by brainpulse: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Na trouble every were they are

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Tokskob2008: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
The slap doctor..

1 Like

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Eriokanmi: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Too bad
Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by decatalyst(m): 7:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Now, village people on open his file.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Firstcitizen: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
This is how they behave in Nigeria and when they go overseas they don't know how to drop all the negative energy and frustration they acquired.
Always angry, shouting in public and jumping into conclusions without verification. They also don't know how to mind their business. All Nigerians need mental health intervention

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
Henribest8:
Nigeria mentality
Which one is Nigerian Mentality? This is most likely coming from a Nigerian.

It baffles me how some people just bad mouth Nigeria and Africa even when situations have nothing to do with Nigeria or Africa. You people need reorientation.

What he did could have been done by anyone irrespective of the colour or race. In fact, your so-called "Non Nigerians" could do worse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
[s]
brainpulse:
Na trouble every were they are
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by Airnigma(f): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
This man is in for a long thing

1 Like

Re: Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2022
Maybe weed has been growing on that his head for a long time. But bringing Nigerian frustration to US soil is bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toilet Infection / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / 38 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 665 , Discharged 188 , Deaths 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.