Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court (17797 Views)

Police Authorities Order Female Officers Married To Civilians To Vacate Barracks / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
This is the type of things feminists should be fighting against. This is injustice of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by jumper524(m): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
longetivity:
How about a male officer that get a lady pregnant out of wedlock shocked

Sapphire come and see something, they are cheating the future grin cheesy
men dont go on paternity leave.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by rukis360(m): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
What does the law state about the male community dicks officers that get a lady pregnant out of wedlock??

You people should stop being irrational here... I mean, there should be equal judgment.

Rubbish & Nonsense High court!!
I knw you're a woman and you're trying to support ur gender but ask ursef do men get pregnant which makes dem unavailable for the job they signed up for? In ur bid to drag on gender equality try to apply logic in all instances
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Dtruthspeaker: 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You can do better than this cheesy

Because you have left me wondering what a wrong really is.

Simple:
That which NATURALLY REASONABLY OFFENDS and causes a person to reasonably cry out for correction/rectification and restoration. (Just is)!

BluntTheApostle:

Is it wrong to discriminate against homosexuals?

Is homosexuality a reasonable conduct?

No:

Therefore, Wrong!
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Solofresh2: 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
Who are you to shut me up?? Are you normal??

Don't you ever quoted me again in your life!!!
Shut up!
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Gireiboy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dozis:
grin
A padlock that can be opened by any key is useless but a key that can open every padlock is master key.
You get the point now
Chai!!!see! upper cut grin grin grin grin grin grin bro, you are wicked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by rickleye: 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Yes. The Nigerian people suffer for every woman that gets pregnant. For one thing, we may suffer for her reduced efficiency.

She knew that she was not supposed to get pregnant out of wedlock.

So, it is not a wrong.

How does the Nigerian People suffer for every woman that gets pregnant ? Unless you came out from a man's womb - this is a fallacy ?
Do you know behind every successful man there is a woman who allowed him to achieve his greatest self while she took care of the kids and the home.
What reduced efficiency - there are tons of roles pregnant policewomen can hold besides going on raids -
This is a discriminate law which says you are less than a person because you have a womb !
CEO's of companies , military personal have babies out of wedlock yet Nigerian policewomen have diminished returns ?

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple:
That which REASONABLY OFFENDS and causes a person to reasonably cry out for correction/rectification and restoration. (Just is)!

Is it wrong to discriminate against homosexuals?

Well, that is debatable.

Even a criminal might feel reasonably offended if he gets a sentence that he considers to not be commensurate with his crime.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Nicepoker(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
What does the law state about the male community dicks officers that get a lady pregnant out of wedlock??

You people should stop being irrational here... I mean, there should be equal judgment.

Go and read the rules, codes and conduucts. Stop wailing here.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Mrbenny001: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

They should visit the law again so the male officer too can go on maternity leave when his wife is pregnant at home...to be fair to both sides

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dozis:
grin
A padlock that can be opened by any key is useless but a key that can open every padlock is master key.
You get the point now
Guy you too much abeg cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Fatalveli(m): 6:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
rickleye:

How does the Nigerian People suffer for every woman that gets pregnant ? Unless you came out from a man's womb - this is a fallacy ?
Do you know behind every successful man there is a woman who allowed him to achieve his greatest self while she took care of the kids and the home.
What reduced efficiency - there are tons of roles pregnant policewomen can hold besides going on raids -
This is a discriminate law which says you are less than a person because you have a womb !
CEO's of companies , military personal have babies out of wedlock yet Nigerian policewomen have diminished returns ?
What about a man who achieved success before getting married?

Who’s behind him?
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by rickleye: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Fatalveli:

Who’s behind him?

Give an example ? Married or in a hetero relationship are the same, a woman is involved. Unless you play for the "other side" I rest my case.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
rickleye:

Every policewoman was what I wanted to say.

Don't be emotional. A woman's efficiency may reduce with pregnancy. The law even allows them to stay off work if their sicknesses prevents them from working.

A fallacy.

What reduced efficiency - there are tons of roles pregnant policewomen can hold besides going on raids

You have completely misunderstood my position on this matter.

There is a law that disenfranchises you simply because you do not have formal education. If you haven't condemned the failings of the law in every ramification, then you have no moral obligation to describe a law as discriminate.

Well, that is what the organization wants. If you want to get pregnant, get married.

Our laws reflect our society. Just as our laws frown against homosexuality, it largely frowns against premarital sex.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Ebullient76(m): 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
This is injustice and pure ignorance. It's an outrageous and outright marginalization to the ladies. Supreme Court should revisit that section and make some amendments.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Fatalveli:

Who’s behind him?

You dey mind that guy?
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Crafteck1: 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
longetivity:
How about a male officer that get a lady pregnant out of wedlock shocked

Sapphire come and see something, they are cheating the future grin cheesy

Even if his wife is in labour and is called to confront armed Robbers he would go, thats the difference
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Yes. The Nigerian people suffer for every policewoman that gets pregnant. For one thing, we may suffer for her reduced efficiency.

Don't ridicule yourself. Here is another Law I bet you did not know. "No one can be obligated to do the impossible".

Secondly, "He who exercises his lawful rights does no wrong"

And since she did not do a wrong in the actual Performance of her job, for indeed the case is not about her performance, THEN THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE DID NOT SUFFER.

And no action can be taken against her.

She is within Law.

But as prophecied these are the days of injustice and unlawfulness.

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Ubanz: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
Why are women always at the receiving end. So if police man Impregnates a police woman out of wedlock the police man should go Scot free while the police woman will be fired. Rubbish law.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by TruthinAction: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
So, they are encouraging abortion to conceal the fact of pregnancy. This judgment is not a good one. But policemen can fire go.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by flokii: 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
That section needs to be repealed.. we are in a secular country not an islamic country and such laws can't be binding on those who don't practice islam.

I'm not in any way encouraging female officers to be promiscous but with the realities on ground now and the UN treaty on sdgs which Nigeria is a signatory to, it's equal treatment for all gender in all places at all times.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Well, that is debatable.

Even a criminal might feel reasonably offended if he gets a sentence that he considers to not be commensurate with his crime.

For saying "well" now you see, there is no reasonable counter grin

It is not debatable, the word "Naturally and Reasonably Offends" puts it out of the hand of the criminal and complainant.

And that is the Jurisdiction of The Court to Call on the other Natures to see if the complaint is one arising from Nature. And that is easily seen in the shouts and cry when the natural hearers, hear the complaint. AS PROVEN IN HERE!

I would love to see your comment on my query of Legal Method in my thread. That is where you lawyers began to be deceived.

https://www.nairaland.com/6989896/lawyers-not-deceit
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't ridicule yourself. Here is another Law I bet you did not know. "No one can be obligated to do the impossible".

What does this have to do with this case?

Secondly, "He who exercises his lawful rights does no wrong"

Lawful rights are limited, and may be restricted by corporate laws. I hope you know that?

In some units of the United States Army, you are not allowed to marry. Exercise your lawful right, and it would clash with the organizational laws.

And since she did not do a wrong in the actual Performance of her job, for indeed the case is not about her performance, THEN THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE DID NOT SUFFER.

Laws are put in place not because they WILL affect performance, but because they MAY affect performance. If you break the law, the organization does not have to wait to see what your act would do to performance.

And no action can be taken against her.

Your understanding of the law is misleading.

She is within Law.

Not when it clashes with the laws of her employee.

But as prophecied these are the days of injustice and unlawfulness.

The unlawfulness here is breaking the law after reading it.

No one forced her to join the police force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Beverlyjean(f): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Tallesty1:
If women want equal judgement then let them start by asking the army to send equal number of male and female soldiers to fight bandits and Bokoharam.

No be only where it's favorable unah dey find equal treatment.

Moreover if a public dick gets a woman pregnant, it's the woman that will carry the pregnancy, it's the woman that will not able to handle her duties, it's the woman that will ask for maternity leave etc.

Shooting a child into a woman doesn't stop/affect a male police officers performance at work.

Sometimes I just wonder how my gender reason
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by ume1000: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

I believe the law is about the officer not the suppose spouse
* Do men get pregnant

*Are their spouse in the police force

*Would the girlfriend of the said policeman come to duty with the pregnancy

* Anybody dey know if policeman give person belle
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by charixel: 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hmm.

My former neighbour got pregnant out of wedlock and gave birth 2ce

Abeg why isn't she sacked.

Hypocrite
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by ume1000: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
Who are you to shut me up?? Are you normal??

Don't you ever quoted me again in your life!!!
shut the f**k up
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by AdeifofGod: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

Section 126 justifies section 127, read it again.

If paternity leave of the same duration applies for the male officer then we can say the system is bias by not following through with them in the section 127 dismissal agreement.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

What does this have to do with this case?

She can not be obligated to not get pregnant. It is her Natural and Law Filled and Law Protected Right.

BluntTheApostle:

Lawful rights are limited, and may be restricted by corporate laws. I hope you know that?

Employers can say anything, BUT THE LAW PREVAILS! (IF NOT FOR YOUR UNLAWFUL MAN MADE LAWS, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS)

BluntTheApostle:

In some units of the United States Army, you are not allowed to marry. Exercise your lawful right, and it would clash with the organizational laws.

Here is another Law "A crime is not cured by the multiplicity and increasity of Offenders"

BluntTheApostle:

Laws are put in place not because they WILL affect performance,..

Laws are not put in place, LAWS ARE ALREADY IN PLACE!

BluntTheApostle:

... but because they MAY affect performance...

Then they are simply exercising their own personal right to fire, for a company is a personal property.

But If there is any Wrong in the exercise of their Rights, The Law would correct it (Origin of what you call Labour Law)

Where, there is a Wrong, there must be a Remedy is The True Law (Ibi jus ibi remedium is a misnomer and a deceit)

BluntTheApostle:

Not when it clashes with the laws of her employee.

AND THAT IS THE JOB OF THE LAW. TO FIND THE WRONG AND PUNISH THE WRONG DOER AND GIVE DUE REMEDY TO THE WRONGED!

(But you people with your unlawful man made laws have perverted the course of Law and have raised up injustice.)

BluntTheApostle:

The unlawfulness here is breaking the law after reading it.

No one forced her to join the police force.

Everyone has a right to join the police, it is no one's personal property.

Secondly, thank God you people say this "ANY TERM THAT IS REPUGNANT TO NATURAL JUSTICE, EQUITY AND GOOD CONSCIENCE, SHALL NOT BE UPHELD.

IT SHALL BE DECLARED NULL AND VOID AND IT SHALL ALWAYS BE NULL AND VOID.

AND NO MAN MADE LAW CAN ALTER OR AMEND OR REVOKE IT.

Unfortunately, it is Mr. Injustice who sits in court and teaches lawyers. Therefore shit happens and shit filled law and injustice is given as judgement.
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dozis:
grin
You get the point now
WORDS.

1 Like

Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by ume1000: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
rickleye:

so u expect the men to go on dangerous missions while she stays back cause she was whoring around
Re: Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court by joyandfaith: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
SATANICALLY666:

https://gazettengr.com/police-can-sack-female-officers-who-get-pregnant-out-of-wedlock-high-court/

The police regulation is discriminatory. Supreme court will throw that regulation away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Kwankwaso Will Emerge President Easily If APC Zones Ticket To South / Eko Forum Endorses Rhodes-Vivour For Governor / Benin Indigenes Rejects New Igbo Vc In Uniben.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.