Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,242 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) (44851 Views)

More Universities React To Viral "Fake Professor's List" / ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / NUC Gives Approval For 3 More Universities In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Navalsadiq(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Who say naija no get influence

This news will be very pleasing to ASUU
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Benjax4all: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
No be them create Nigeria,if us they go strike,why them no go go too grin grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Taiggarr: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
porthouse7:
see mumu, am not even base in Nigeria.... people talk shit here sha

"am not even base......"

OKPO!!!

See english....

Semi literate LIAR!

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by seyz91(m): 9:40am On Feb 22, 2022
cheesy
Vulcanheph:
I just pity the nigerian students that think that they've escaped ASUU by moving to UK not knowing that they'll experience Strike too. grincheesygrin.

I won't be surprised if our yeye FG will make a statement like this "The U.k. universities are currently on strike, so it's ok for ours to also go on strike"
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by seyz91(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Wetin naija kon need?
Serendip:

UK need a complete overhaul
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Kaiser20: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2022
JooEeL:

Why do you people always have to assume everyone sharing the same forum with you lives in the zoo? undecided

What is www? World Wide Web. Not Zoo Wide Web. undecided undecided
Once a zoo pikin is always a zoo pikin, if you like live in Mars or other planets as long as one of your grandma or grandpa is born in the zoo it runs in our blood, you don't choose it
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by supereagle(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Serendip:
In total, 68 universities nationwide are being hit with strike action in the UK over a number of issues including working conditions, pay and pension among others.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/education/sheffield-hallam-university-staff-join-strike-over-pay-and-working-conditions-3578521

ASUU has a good point to argue with FG.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Rebuke: 9:44am On Feb 22, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I just pity the nigerian students that think that they've escaped ASUU by moving to UK not knowing that they'll experience Strike too. grincheesygrin.

I won't be surprised if our yeye FG will make a statement like this "The U.k. universities are currently on strike, so it's ok for ours to also go on strike"

Yhu people just like consoling yhurself.......no matter the nature of the strike there, it can never ever be like Naija own.

By the way, why does news like this always seem to make some of yhu happy?

Yhu like to always look on the bad side there and forget about the millions of their good side there.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by JooEeL(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Kaiser20:

Once a zoo pikin is always a zoo pikin, if you like live in Mars or other planets as long as one of your grandma or grandpa is born in the zoo it runs in our blood, you don't choose it

Wow so smart you are.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by porthouse7(f): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2022
Taiggarr:

"am not even base......"

OKPO!!!

See english....

Semi literate LIAR!
I agree with am not base
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Don27tiky(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2022
LordIsaac:
It is very wrong for any parastatal in Nigeria to earn more than the academia, because, it supplies the human capital to run these other parastatals.
true but not Nigerian universities. When the lecturers themselves are not impactful. The poor state of Nigeria is also due to the kind of lecturers we have.personal studies in universities is what has help a lot of students acquire the little knowledge they have as graduates. In some cases students know even more than their suppose teachers
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
ASUU will be very pleased with the news
grin grin grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:13am On Feb 22, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Thanks for sharing. Yes add greed and power hungry and you have more deaths than improvement of sharing policies it’s your money it should create a better environment for you.

UK Unions Don't strike until there’s no choice so let’s see what happens. In Nigeria There’s no need to murder each other to gain more let people leave if they want to albeit for a small fee and leave them alone.

A lot of people talk about NURTW but over the years they’ve organized themselves well in terms of uniform and organization not as rowdy as before.
Funny enough you are right about NURTW, they have really re arranged themselves and changed the narrative. even better than NUT and ASSU.
Th teaching Unions in Nigeria re just there for rthier own pocket, once they receive back hander game over.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2022
I regret my British education, just imagine.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Thorondor: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2022
ASUU cannibals right now

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Snowflames: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2022
Lying Mohammed would use this as a defence one of these days. He'll go like: "This ASUU strike isn't that much of a big deal, it happens in the developed worlds, not just in Nigeria. Just recently universities in UK went on strike to press home their demands. That's the UK. So let's not make this a big deal, it happens, and we will always find a way to resolve the issues on the negotiation table"

Lolz...
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2022
I guess it’s American universities or nothing now. grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by NobIeKING: 10:21am On Feb 22, 2022
LordIsaac:
It is very wrong for any parastatal in Nigeria to earn more than the academia, because, it supplies the human capital to run these other parastatals.
ASUU member spotted
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by klashe(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2022
Vulcanheph:

Are you comparing their strike with yours?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by edoairways: 10:40am On Feb 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It is called reality check.
I doubt if in their hypocrisy they will talk down on the UK since most of them have this warped mentality and inferiority complex that UK is eldorado and white is better
Aren't UK better than ours? Our lecturers though not all are heartless.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Johel(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Serendip:
In total, 68 universities nationwide are being hit with strike action in the UK over a number of issues including working conditions, pay and pension among others.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/education/sheffield-hallam-university-staff-join-strike-over-pay-and-working-conditions-3578521

grin grin grin this world ehn..well,Na small thing London use pass Naija...if no be say Naija government Na bastard,who London be?...so Wetin happen for Naija fit happen there too,dem get hand for Naija Wahala sef.... international neighbours. grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Elidrisy20: 10:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Wahala for pesin wea still dey go University,home and abroad
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Afonasa(m): 10:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Hmmm,now this is getting interesting, so UK uni goes on strike too....

ASUU will be happy with this news

Check out my signature guys....the guarantee Is for integrity
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2022
erico2k2:

Yes I can as I went to school in both UK and Nigeria. But from all indication I think your brain is locked and refuses to take in any new information to enhance your knowledge so I can pass.Cos it that was not the case, you would have seen the bit where it said University workers are not civil servants. No one who works in the Uni is a civil servant.

Hmm.. I believe that's how it works in the UK

System are different everywhere in the world... Here in the US, Professors and some senior lecturer who teach in public institutions are considered civil servants. Their salaries are paid by taxpayers, and they serve the public sector by educating....

And do you have to use foul languages when talking to someone? I think you should do better bro...
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by clothingonline(m): 11:28am On Feb 22, 2022
A friend left Nigeria to uk was amazed to see this happening

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by dfrost: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2022
Serendip:

BJ?

Boris Johnson angry grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by KingDamzzy(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2022
"Saner climes agenda" people will rest small now.

Any small thing dem go talk "This can only happen in Nigeria. In saner climes, it is not possible.....". To them, all the evil in the world, na only Nigeria e dey happen.

At least we go rest small now.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by sammysmiles(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
ASUU will be very pleased with the news
Assu to UK universities:Aje you dey motivate me
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by passover221(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Give this strike 2days Max. E go end.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by TheOgaBoss: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2022
vastolord4:
This isn't gonna drag like ASSU.. shouldn't last past a week
Dont be so sure o, if anyone had told u B4 now that uk universities will strike would u have believed it?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by martinsagbor45(m): 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2022
LordIsaac:

Not when I it junks out half baked graduates yearly.... Reconsider the quality of education been dished out by this very lecturers and u will only weep.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? / Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.