Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. (886 Views)

If NDA Was Located In The Southeast, Army Would Have Burnt Down Villages - Eedri / Nnamdi Kanu Was Dragged Into The Court In Chains, His Face Was Covered - Witness / Sowore: Nnamdi Kanu Was Kidnapped And Not Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by xborr(m): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
HOW NNAMDI KANU WAS LOCATED AND KIDNAPPED IN KENYA: MY HUNCH.

(By Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire)

https://trendsdynamics..com/2022/02/how-nnamdi-kanu-was-located-and.html?m=1

The British intelligence informally notified their Nigerian counterpart (NIA) that Nnamdi Kanu was in Nairobi, Kenya. NIA relayed the information to the DSS and the Presidency. The Presidency approved the operation to locate and bring Nnamdi to Nigeria, even if done by way of kidnapping. Of course, there are ramifications for this theory.

Once it was confirmed that Nnamdi was in Kenya, the plan was to track him in Kenya and bring him to Nigeria without going through a long and highly controversial extradition hearing. It was believed in Nigeria, and rightly so, that going through an extradition hearing in Kenya or Britain would play into the hands of IPOB and give them a significant platform such as a British or Kenyan court to make the case for Biafra and that would give them the attention of mainstream and international media. So, extradition must be avoided at all cost. Besides, such extradition hearing would take years, as Nnamdi Kanu would appeal the decisions to the highest court, if need be. Also, such lengthy and highly visible trial of the Biafran case would enable IPOB raise so much money and become even more powerful and recruit millions or more followers. That would be gold for Nnamdi Kanu. So, that left only rendition as the option for the Nigerian government. It was really devil's alternative for Nigerian government.

A further challenge was how to carry out the rendition operation successfully. The Nigerian agents knew through the British that Nnamdi was in Kenya. But the British agents did not want to provide further help because they feared that their Nigerian counterpart might bungle any plan they would have and the role of the British agents might become known and that could be a messy issue in Britain. So, they just passed on the information to the Nigerians but refused to try to help in tracking Nnamdi's actual location in Nairobi. Nnamdi was not really as private as he should be. He was not secretive enough in his movements within Kenya. So, he was sited and identified and even tracked to his house in Nairobi. But how do you catch him and remove him without raising attention? The Nigerians did not want a repeat of what happened when Nigerian Government under the same Head of State tried to rendition Umaru Diko.

Nigerians needed help from within Kenya intelligence. But the Kenyans were not as forthcoming as Nigeria wants them to be. The case of Abdullah Ocalan (the Kurdish rebel leader) was so fresh in the minds of the Kenyan intelligence. Note that in the Ocalan's case, there was a controversy over who actually captured Ocalan, in Kenya where he was hiding from the Turkish Government. The Kenyans claimed that it was Turkish agents that came in Kenya and captured Ocalan and took him away without the knowledge of the Kenyan authority (just as they are saying now in the case of Nnamdi Kanu). But Ocalan insisted it was Kenyan agents that arrested him and handed him over to the Turkish forces. Eventually, Turkey confirmed that it was indeed Kenyan agents that captured Ocalan. So, this time, Kenyan intelligence did not want to assist Nigerian government more directly in order to avoid a repeat of the embarrassment that came from the discovery that Kenyan agents were the ones that captured Ocalan.

However, it is believed that the Kenyan agents gave the contact of some private (non-state) actors that could assist Nigerian agents to actually capture Nnamdi Kanu. But there was still a big challenge. The only role the Kenyan agents would play was a passive one - to not do what the British agent did that stopped last minute the plane carrying Umaru Diko from taking off. The Kenyan intelligence agreed to ensure that the plane that would take Nnamdi Kanu out of Kenya would not pass through the normal security and clearance protocol. There will just be a blank where the plane and its manifest would have been documented.

Further challenge: How to carry out the extraction operation. That requires knowing in advance when and where Nnamdi would be alone. The Nigerian agents did not have such information and the Kenyan agents did not want to play such direct role. The only option for the Nigerian agents was to use an insider - a close associate of Nnamdi Kanu who would be able to reveal to them where Nnamdi Kanu would be alone or at least with just a couple of people.

The Nigerian agents had access to someone very very close to Nnamdi Kanu, who happened to be one of his lawyers. They asked him to help obtain the information they needed. The person was in regular touch with Nnamdi, because Nnamdi remained keenly interested in the cases of IPOB pending in courts. He was someone that Nnamdi would pick his call at anytime. The person knew in the evening of June 22 that Nnamdi was going to the airport to receive someone the next day. He knew that it was a personal friend coming to meet Nnamdi in Kenya. He guessed rightly that Nnamdi would make his trip to the airport private and discrete. He passed on that information to the Nigerian agents. They asked him to have a video call with Nnamdi around the time he would be leaving for the airport because they wanted to get Nnamdi's picture as he was dressed. The person had a video call with Nnamdi when he was about to leave for the airport. He captured the screen and forwarded to the Nigerian agents the picture of Nnamdi as he was dressed at that moment. That picture was then sent to the team set up since the night before to intercept Nnamdi. They were to intercept him on his way to the airport. But there was a mistake. They couldn't block his vehicle. Instead, they followed him all the way into the parking lot, where they accosted him and spirited him away.

Despite the successful capture of Nnamdi Kanu, it took about 6 days before the Nigerians could complete plans of bringing in a private jet and lifting Nnamdi from Kenya without intervention of the Kenyan airport authority. The capture of Nnamdi was so successful. The fact that they found him alone without anyone with him meant that they could keep him for upto six days for Nigerian agents to be ready with the extraction plan. Assuming that Nnamdi had people with him when captured, his capture might have attracted attention and if so, Kenyan authorities would have been forced to intervene and that would have aborted the extraction.

The Nigerian government would not like it to be known that a rendition (a highly controversial and unlawful act) was approved by the Presidency. Despite the apparent success of this rendition, it is still a potential source of embarrassment for Nigerian government. And that is why Nnamdi Kanu's lawyer are emphasizing the evil of rendition. Why would this government try again what they tried on Umaru Diko - to kidnap a suspect rather than go through the legitimate channel? The emphasis on rendition will expose ultimately the problems and embarrassment to the government. Why should a government act like a terrorist group to get at their opponent?

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by LeoDeKing: 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
How come abiama didn't tell him not to visit Kenya?

Is he not a prophet that has been predicting events like the arrest of Abba Kyari?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by DrGoodman: 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Stop talking nonessential rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by jlinkd78(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
Noted
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by LeoDeKing: 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
DrGoodman:

Stop talking nonessential rubbish
Na so e pain you reach?

I understand soccer prediction can make you a billionaire. How come prophet kwanu was not predicting soccer matches for his Meth cannibals so they all become billionaires and stop stealing pots of soup and onions? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by tit(f): 12:01am On Feb 22, 2022
xborr:
HOW NNAMDI KANU WAS LOCATED AND KIDNAPPED IN KENYA: MY HUNCH.

(By Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire)

The British meone very very close to Nnamdi Kanu, who happened to be one of his lawyers. They asked him to

Despite the successful capture of Nnamdi Kanu, it took

The Nigerian

Are you saying it is Lawyer Ojiofor who sold supleme reader away?

5 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by BSsniffer: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2022
The supleen leader went to Kenya to do olosho work

4 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by Armaggedon: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2022
That's why they killed the Kenyan ambassador who was to testify on the rendition. You need more crimes to cover a crime and with time, it will get messier.
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by Tingotoe: 6:28am On Feb 22, 2022
That's why I will say Nnamdi Kanu is the dumbest terrorist ever. The guy hasn't got a single strategic thought in his head. Just look at how easily he was lured to Kenya and captured like a rat. What a dumb fool

6 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by QuotaSystem: 6:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Highly surgical intelligence operation. Biafraaud “intelligence” didn’t even know warris goin on till after a week after their leader had been captured.

I can only imagine the look on Ohamadikk’s face when he was cornered in the parking lot cool

Kudos to all the intelligence agencies and foreign allies involved.

3 Likes

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by xborr(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Is he not a prophet that has been predicting events like the arrest of Abba Kyari?

grin > grin
Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by Balkan(m): 7:18am On Feb 22, 2022
Seriously!

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Located And Kidnapped In Kenya: My Hunch. by xborr(m): 10:31am On Feb 23, 2022
Balkan:
Seriously!

Confirmed truth

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Not In Paris He Is In London Hospital / Why Are Most Yorubas So Afraid And Apprehensive Of The Truth About Them / It's That Time To Buy Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.