Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces (24660 Views)

Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine / Russia Sends Troops Into Kazakhstan As Protests Turn Violent / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by cescky(m): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2022
OneCorner:
At the end of the day, countries like Ukraine and some other countries caught in between the mess will be the one to suffer the pain
All USA and Uk can do is to issue threats, they can’t attach Russia
Cuz like Putin said, his country possess Nuclear bombs and at the end of the day, there won’t be winners. Putin will nuke US and uK, and they will nuke Russia in return which will make countries like China as the new world super power

Putin got leverage and USA won’t risk Russia turning its land as testing ground for nukes and losing its position as world power over Ukraine

Keep quite there... You think these are legoo toys?
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by ruggedtimi(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2022
Topmaike007:
nna guy this movie wey you dey watch strong oo..abeg you dey reality no be Nigeria USA wan face na Moscow back Russia
u dey underrate u.s ... And na the so called movie they make u feel Russia fit outrun u .s

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by RoyalDiadems: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2022
DeepSight:

No one abandons land for 2,000 years and then still claims its his own. No one. That is simply unheard of.

If it's not their own, then they have no right to claim anywhere in the middle East. That means even their current location is illegal. Hence, if they can legally claim any bit of their former lands as theirs, then, they can claim all that was previously theirs.

That's why the Balfour Declaration stated that Jews should return to their land. It did not state that, they should go and look for land. So, their land is still their land.

If you return to your land, and you find trespassers on it, you can take it back by law or by the use of force.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by ruggedtimi(m): 8:02am On Feb 22, 2022
ken6488:
lol

Russia is playing by the west book

OK let me ask why does USA supposed rebels In Syria
same way Russia supports rebels in Ukraine.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by Oddfinder: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2022
Zaggafrank:

Russian development only speeds up when they are under sanctions. The EU and US are today locked in a battle at the WTO because Russia retaliated to their sanctions by banning imports from them too. This has affected the EU and US too. So they dragged Russia to WTO. I'm waiting for the decision. If reciprocity is part of diplomacy or not
Exactly.. i don't know why ppl support the US blindly sometimes..as at 2022, Russia has the military, economic might to match
Any mumu sanctions from them, Russia too wil retaliate..i pity all dos small small Europe countries chest beating because of US..Because wen its start the us will be too busy with their own war to even try to protect Ukraine or france

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by bluecircle470: 8:05am On Feb 22, 2022
techWriter3:

I pity Ukraine -- regardless of the outcome this, they will still suffer.

Putin is just borrowing from the playbook of the US. And I do not think any sanction can hurt them again, because they have China on their side.

Russia don’t have good economy
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by DeepSight(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

If it's not their own, then they have no right to claim anywhere in the middle East. That means even their current location is illegal. Hence, if they can legally claim any bit of their former lands as theirs, then, they can claim all that was previously theirs.

That's why the Balfour Declaration stated that Jews should return to their land. It did not state that, they should go and look for land. So, their land is still their land.

If you return to your land, and you find trespassers on it, you can take it back by law or by the use of force.

The Balfour declaration was the height of European cynical imperialistic manipulation.
I repeat - no one abandons land for 2000 years in this world and still claims ownership of it - no one. The movement of people is fluid. You will have other people who would have come onto that land the way you yourself came onto it and chased others away. A 2,000 year period is way too large for any such claim to hold water. Do you know how many generations pass in 2000 years? Almost a hundred generations. Its absolutely nonsensical to claim Israel's ownership of that land from 2000 years ago. If that should hold, we should also be arguing for the rights of Native Americans to all of North and South America - at least they were dispossessed merely 500 years ago.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by Oddfinder: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2022
bluecircle470:

Russia don’t have good economy
That's what the western press made us believe
Please tell me..if Russia don't have a sound economy, how then do they survive all these sanctions and still built a formidable army?

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by babajero(m): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2022
anonymous1759:

Stop this Nonsense someone is stating facts, counter his claims than rather using religious card. You don’t have to be either a Christian or Muslim to be objective with your thinking.
What facts did he make please because I saw and read non. My question is why is it that Muslims are taught from infancy to hate the West and Israel?.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by DeepSight(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2022
busybrain123:
grin

So you think it's easy for any country to invade the USA. Remember, Americans don't fight in their soil. They take the fight to your country and destroy it.

Anyways, USA that I know will not really attack Russia. Instead they'll use cold war like economic sanctions to weaken Russians. Remember once you're broke, you can't do shit. In the coming days, what we will be reading is sanction from all corners.

The world has changed. During the cold war, China was not the economic super power that it is today. So sanctions from the West alone were usually enough to cripple anyone. Today, the variables are very different. Sanctions from the West alone will simply not have the same effect: because there's a new boss on the block: China.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by michoim(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:
tongue

Putin is just too wise, and he keeps playing US

That is Invasion of Ukraine territory without any fight

When Trump moved to recognise Jerusalem as Isreal capital against International agreement and UNGA Consensus they hailed him

US also supported Kuwait to break away from Iraq, they recognised Taiwan and Hong Kong's leadership to spite China

Now Putin is doing the exact same thing to Ukraine and America is issuing useless sanctions

17% of Ukrainians are ethnic Russians who want to exit Ukraine

I personally want to see if Europe especially Germany Europe's biggest economy would boycott Nord Stream one and Nord Stream two, after coming out of covid 19 pandemic lockdown economy

Too wise for the west to handle. He does this invasion and annexation when Democrats are in power. He dare not try it when Trump was there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by RoyalDiadems: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2022
DeepSight:

The Balfour declaration was the height of European cynical imperialistic manipulation.
I repeat - no one abandons land for 2000 years in this world and still claims ownership of it - no one. The movement of people is fluid. You will have other people who would have come onto that land the way you yourself came onto it and chased others away. A 2,000 year period is way too large for any such claim to hold water. Do you know how many generations pass in 2000 years? Almost a hundred generations. Its absolutely nonsensical to claim Israel's ownership of that land from 2000 years ago. If that should hold, we should also be arguing for the rights of Native Americans to all of North and South America - at least they were dispossessed merely 500 years ago.

The native Americans still are still part of America today. They're not claiming any injustice.

No matter how long a land has been abandoned, except you are the very person or your allies who chased out the original inhabitants, the owners could reclaim it at any time. Grabbing land for free, knowing too well that the original owners are not extinct is a no no no.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by exalt2009: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2022
America, Europe and Russia are just fighting for national interest. The NATO want more power and want to expand his territory while Putin want the same because of oil. So the Ukraine are at the loss side because all this fight will on her soil.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by timay1: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2022
xeju:

USA was fully involved in ww2, so I don't understand where you read they fought a proxy war

Nope , they weren't. They were only sending aids, supplies and weapons to allies in Europe as well as assisting with intelligence. They only got involved fully after Japan attacked Pearl harbor.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by bluecircle470: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2022
Oddfinder:

That's what the western press made us believe
Please tell me..if Russia don't have a sound economy, how then do they survive all these sanctions and still built a formidable army?

Don’t tell me what i know firsthand, they don’t have good economy. They use the little they have to build weapons
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by ihimiray(m): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2022
Oddfinder:

Exactly.. i don't know why ppl support the US blindly sometimes..as at 2022, Russia has the military, economic might to match
Any mumu sanctions from them, Russia too wil retaliate..i pity all dos small small Europe countries chest beating because of US..Because wen its start the us will be too busy with their own war to even try to protect Ukraine or france
ok france too is a small country.. u just overhyping the Russian
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by exalt2009: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2022
DeepSight:

The world has changed. During the cold war, China was not the economic super power that it is today. So sanctions from the West alone were usually enough to cripple anyone. Today, the variables are very different. Sanctions from the West alone will simply not have the same effect: because there's a new boss on the block: China.

Yes you are correct , that is the reason why Putiin has visit china more than other president because of any outcome from the NATO and EU

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by DeepSight(m): 8:24am On Feb 22, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

The native Americans still are still part of America today. They're not claiming any injustice.

I cant respond to this because it betrays too much ignorance of history.

No matter how long a land has been abandoned, except you are the very person or your allies who chased out the original inhabitants, the owners could reclaim it at any time. Grabbing land for free, knowing too well that the original owners are not extinct is a no no no.

Oh really? So how did Europeans become lords of North America when the "original owners" were not extinct?
And were the Canaanites extinct when the Jews grabbed the land from them in the first place?

You are probably just another slave to white people. You dont know anything about the world or history. You probably believe Jews are God's chosen people too. I find it hard to discuss with one such as you.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by efficiencie(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:
tongue

When Trump moved to recognise Jerusalem as Isreal capital against International agreement and UNGA Consensus they hailed him

US also supported Kuwait to break away from Iraq, they recognised Taiwan and Hong Kong's leadership to spite China

Now Putin is doing the exact same thing to Ukraine and America is issuing useless sanctions

I personally want to see if Europe especially Germany Europe's biggest economy would boycott Nord Stream one and Nord Stream two, after coming out of covid 19 pandemic lockdown economy

Too much sense dey your head sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by InvertedHammer: 8:29am On Feb 22, 2022
/
Lolz. Learner!

Why would a country give up it's nuclear arsenal? Ukraine is learning the hard way. The North Korean man understands nuclear power and its use in international politics. Ukraine gave up hers and like Iraq, she has been run over. Nothing to deter the enemies.

/
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by Blackdisciple(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2022
Baba still dey strategize sha...
Meanwhile in another country their pilots is good in bombing children ....
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by RoyalDiadems: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2022
DeepSight:

I cant respond to this because it betrays too much ignorance of history.

Oh really? So how did Europeans become lords of North America when the "original owners" were not extinct?
And were the Canaanites extinct when the Jews grabbed the land from them in the first place?

You are probably just another slave to white people. You dont know anything about the world or history. You probably believe Jews are God's chosen people too. I find it hard to discuss with one such as you.

You're not reading me aright .

They didn't grab the lands for free. Land is mostly gotten by war. The Palestinians got another man's land for free. That's impossible. The owner can reclaim it.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by DeepSight(m): 8:37am On Feb 22, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

You're not reading me aright .

They didn't grab the lands for free. Land is mostly gotten by war. The Palestinians got another man's land for free. That's impossible. The owner can reclaim it.

You see - as I suspected - you dont know anything of history. Do you know how many wars were fought over the "Holy Land" between the Roman sack of Jerusalem in the first century AD and the 20th century establishment of the modern state of Israel? Please, perish the thought that anything was gotten "for free."

Besides - I repeat: you cannot have a legal claim to land you abandoned 2000 years ago. Their legal claim can only derive from the international instruments which made the modern state of Israel possible in 1948. Which is just yesterday, historically speaking.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by Krismas(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Mooh247:
tongue

grin Don’t blackmail Germany with Nord stream. Its more of commitment to promises made and not want of other options aside Russian gas. There is no proof the separatists in Donbas represent the entire people of Donbas. I think they don’t, which is the real reason the separatists have been on a losing streak inspite of all the money Putin have invested on them. America may have their similar scenarios elsewhere but so too has Russia. Donbas is not a one off! Then the question of morality. Is it just? I don’t think. Several people speak English in Nigeria, does that make Britain the owner of Nigeria nation or part of the nation? U have no point. I suspect Donbas may yet prove to be another Afghanistan for Russia.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by Naija8240: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2022
This Putin needs to chill. Democracy is good. Authoritarianism is bad. People determining their own sovereignty and their own form of government is good. A country invading another sovereign country is bad.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by funshint(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2022
Now NATO should make good their threat let's see...wailers!
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by RoyalDiadems: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2022
DeepSight:

You see - as I suspected - you dont know anything of history. Do you know how many wars were fought over the "Holy Land" between the Roman sack of Jerusalem in the first century AD and the 20th century establishment of the modern state of Israel? Please, perish the thought that anything was gotten "for free."

Besides - I repeat: you cannot have a legal claim to land you abandoned 2000 years ago. Their legal claim can only derive from the international instruments which made the modern state of Israel possible in 1948. Which is just yesterday, historically speaking.

Many wars were fought but what war did the Palestinians fight against Israel to claim their land?

If they can't claim Jerusalem after 2000 yrs, then they can't claim anywhere. Even the current places they inhabit is illegal.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by gaspology(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2022
Strong man Putin no be Biden wey dey blab mouth grin
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by DeepSight(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Many wars were fought but what war did the Palestinians fight against Israel to claim their land?

If they can't claim Jerusalem after 2000 yrs, then they can't claim anywhere. Even the current places they inhabit is illegal.

You really should stop because this is beyond nonsensical. What war did they fight against Israel to claim Jerusalem you ask. What a question, when there was no Israel to fight.

Please try to rein in yourself and do some research on the history of this matter.
Re: Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces by gaspology(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Mooh247:
tongue

You are informed bro no be all these hero worshipping myopic zealots

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary / Gambia: Yahya Jammeh Stole $11m, Exported Luxury Cars – President’s Aide, Fatty / Burundi Schoolgirls Detained For Defacing President's Photo, Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.