Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine (48861 Views)

Putin Orders Wagner Fighters To Sign Oath Of Allegiance / Vladimir Putin Orders Russian Troops Into Eastern Ukraine Separatist Provinces / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by lhordspy: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday ordered a temporary ceasefire in Ukraine on Orthodox Christmas, celebrated this week by both countries, according to the Kremlin.

* The announcement comes following a request for a ceasefire during the religious holiday from Russia’s 76-year-old Orthodox leader Patriarch Kirill.

This is the first time Russia introduced a full ceasefire in Ukraine since the launch of the offensive in February last year.

The announcement comes following a request for a ceasefire during the religious holiday from Russia’s 76-year-old Orthodox leader Patriarch Kirill.

“I instruct the defence minister of the Russian Federation to introduce from 12:00 (0900 GMT) on January 6, 2023 until 24:00 (2100 GMT) on January 7, 2023 a ceasefire along the entire line of contact between the sides in Ukraine,” the Kremlin said in a statement.

“Given the fact that a large number of citizens professing Orthodoxy live in the areas of combat, we call on the Ukrainian side to declare a ceasefire and give them the opportunity to attend church services on Christmas Eve, as well as on the Day of the Nativity of Christ,” the statement added.

In a call with the Russian leader earlier Thursday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan pressed Putin to declare a “unilateral” ceasefire in Ukraine.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/05/breaking-putin-orders-ceasefire-in-ukraine-for-orthodox-christmas/

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by lhordspy: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
A man with a big heart.

If by this 2023 , you still feels Russia is in Ukraine for War. Then something is wrong with you.

Russia is in Ukraine for world peace . It signifies the beginning of the liberation of the world from the shackles of Evil powers, spearheaded by Nato, Eu and the west.

Evil people who go about spending billions of dollars on Medical healthcare and research but still encourages mental disorderliness in the form of homosexuality.

285 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by saintjimos(m): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
I just hope this is true

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Kingpin1000: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Putin is God sent.
Those people quoting me and saying otherwise. Remember King Nebuchadnezzar was a Judgement from God to the people of Israel when they turned their back on God.
The founding fathers of the US built their foundation on God " in God we trust" today the woke generation and the rotten set of politicians have broken that code and Putin is sent to pass Judgement on the Babylon of Revelations, if Putin is not the man He is the forerunner of He who will pass that Judgement.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by michlins(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
So after Christmas, you continue bombing everyone and everything else.

Una well done. I just pity Ukraine sha. It will probably take a generation to rebuild the infrastructure that has been destroyed

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:
A man with a big heart.

If by 2023, you still feels Russia is in Ukraine for War. Then something is wrong with you.

Russia is in Ukraine for world peace. It signifies the beginning of the liberation of the world from the shackles of Evil powers, spearheaded by Nato, Eu and the west.

Evil people who go about spending billions of dollars on Medical healthcare and research but still encourages mental disorderliness in the form of homosexuality.
Dude listen to your confused self... grin
From special operation to not in a "war" to celebrating the temporary ceasefire.

We won't give space for religious terrorist to get hold of power.. Ukraine will get all the help it needs to protect itself from an invader.. Israel is doing a wonderful job.. dealing with those extremist minions.. no space.. I repeat no space for religious terrorist.. grin grin

Bow on your kneels for the great eagle is here to deal with y'all .. ask Saddam Hussein... Osama bin laden.. gadaffi and other terrorist how we cut them off .. grin
As for your too obvious wild terrorist religious ideology and hate against the western world yve been spreading.. from supporting BS to indirectly justifying the Taliban's ban on women enrollment in a university.. that sh## don't work no more.. at least the homosexuals aren't bombing the whole place.. who's responsible for terrorist activities around the world? All In the name of a clown god.. grin

These same set of religious beasts are in France.. an European country.. committing all sort of stabbing in the name of their god.. same way they tend to destroy anything.. trying to control everything.. you can't hate the west.. we have a way of dealing with monstrous terrorist.. I'm not surprised you support terrorist acts.. BS! undecided

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ukraine live briefing: Putin orders 36-hour unilateral cease-fire in Ukraine for Orthodox Christmas

Russia isn't going away after the cease fire . It is amassing men and material in preparation for a winter offensive. It is bringing hundreds of thousands of fresh troops into the theater. General Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, knows what is looming. That is why he has urged Ukraine to negotiate, He said, "Ukraine has accomplished all they can militarily. It gets very very cold in Ukraine."

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by lhordspy: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dude listen to your confused self... grin
From special operation to not in a "war" to celebrating the temporary ceasefire.

We won't give space for religious terrorist to get hold of power.. Ukraine will get all the help it needs to protect itself from an invader.. Israel is doing a wonderful job.. dealing with those extremist minions.. no space.. I repeat no space for religious terrorist.. grin grin

Bow on your kneels for the great eagle is here to give you horror.. ask Saddam Hussein... Osama bin laden.. gadaffi and other terrorist how we cut them off this world.. grin

You are not even ashame to mentioned these names you stated above.

These people and their country didnt even do 2% of what Russia is doing. But a no-fly zone was declared, their country were invaded and they were killed after stealing and looting their golds.

My question is; why havent your West-Lord invade Russia to elimate Put!n themselves just like the the names aforementioned?

One-man against many , but everyday all we hear are cheap excuses on why invading Russia can cause world-war 3 . Cowards grin cheesy

FERNANDEZISBACK:

As for your wild religious ideology and hate against the western world yve been spreading.. from supporting BS to indirectly justifying the Taliban's ban on women enrollment in a university.. that sh## don't work no more.. at least the homosexuals aren't bombing the whole place.. who's responsible for terrorist activities around the world? All In the name of a clown god.. grin

Un!ted state had over 567 + mass murder last year alone. Rapper Takeoff was killed over a game of dice ( Common ludo) . A place where a psycho can enter into a mall or school and begin killing people just because his plaintain (dodo) got burnt while frying.

I guess you should blame that on Islam too? You are a very dull man. You just added another one year by crossing into 2023. Dont you think you should start thinking like Adult?

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by ImoleNaija: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good to see the report. May God put an end to the ongoing war between the two nations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by MathewOG(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
7 Thunderous events that will happen if PETER OBI becomes president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZBO66KoCM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by kingamaa(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Temporary ceasefire

When is this unfortunate and preventable war going to end

USA stoking the embers of the flame

Ukrainians bearing the brunt

May God have mercy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
He should call off the war in totality.

FOR SELL

This Hotel is for Investors; whose hospitality is their area of interest.

Located at Atan axis of Ogun State.

For Enquiry:
PEMILA PROPERTY NIGERIA LTD

Call/WhatsApp the attached phone number

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by kollinz1234(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ukraine should not honor the cease fire. They should use that 36hours to pound on the imperialists and occupiers so that by the time Putin realizes, he has lost all his occupied positions.

At this point, Ukraine has nothing to loose.

I hate imperialism
I love Heroes.

Slavia Ukraine

#Justice4SouthernKaduna

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Emmypure: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
I love Putin.
The American and Western world Slayer.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Hendrixky: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Him don tire
Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by FalseProphet1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
I see this war ending before June this year.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by BIZNess123(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
cool
God bless Putin
God mother Russia

God bless tinubu...

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Long overdue... Very unnecessary war...

1 Like

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by tonididdy(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thank you daddy

…dem don learn their lessons, dem nor go try am again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by 4tomandchi: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Las Las Putin de fear God...

1 Like

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:

These people and their country didnt even do 2% of what Russia is doing. But a no-fly zone was declared, their country were invaded and they were killed after stealing and looting their golds.

My question is; why havent your West-Lord invaded Russia to elimate Put!n themselves just like the the names aforementioned?

One-man against many , but everyday all we hear are excuses on why invading Russia can cause world-war three. Cowards grin cheesy
Why should USA invade Russia when they weren't attacked directly?
My question is:why is Putin yet to overrun Ukraine? grin

Y'all said the war was gonna last a week but here we are.. grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Ruggedniggaone: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Long life president putin

3 Likes

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
lhordspy:

My question is; why havent your West-Lord invaded Russia to elimate Put!n themselves just like the the names aforementioned?

One-man against many , but everyday all we hear are excuses on why invading Russia can cause world-war three. Cowards grin cheesy

None of them wants Putin's hypersonic nukes on their azz lol

They all ran away when putin tested the nuke.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by MrAdam: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
sad
Ukraine should expect an air strike 12:01am
Putin isn't putting about, he knows the spot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by zinaunreal(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
A town hall

7 Likes

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by PHIPEX(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
He finally bought sense, after all the threat, rage and loss of lives what has Putin achieved in Ukrain?

5 Likes

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by nairalee(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
Finally, Goodnews

No Victor, No Vanquished

A needless war I must say

RIP to the innocent and even the Frontline soldiers i. The pawns are usually the expendables in the kings chess game
Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by okeysoninv: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
all the word of spoken must come to pass.. prophecy is fulfilling

1 Like

Re: Putin Orders Ceasefire In Ukraine by GardenOfGod(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
The coward himself

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mali, Burkina Faso Deploy Warplanes In Niger After Fresh ECOWAS Threat / Thanks To Russia, The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When The War Began / Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.