Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music (32149 Views)

Why Has Davido Been Silent On Music Things [video] / Apply And Perform Then Cash Out On Music Concert / My First Album Didn’t Represent Me, Omotola Speaks On Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by porthouse7(f): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

After escaping from the NwaBoi apprenticeship asylum, I wanted to head back to school; but since I wasn't paid a penny - and it's been a long time I left school. I'm dropping the idea.

Don't get me wrong, it hurts but I got a lot on my shoulders. So I'm taking my time to build myself mentally, physically etc. I'm yet to fully recover from the crazy things, I went through. I wanna get my life back on track, make my family proud, and yeah, get to see my mom after 4 years.

I'm gonna turn 20 by March 28, so I'm tryna make a difference; spent all my late teen years trying to please these humans. I ended up burning my heart in this fire consuming this sinful world.

So I'm back, it doesn't matter how you fall but how you bounce back. When I die, I wanna die happy, knowing I lived for a reason. I don't care how long it takes, but I'ma make an impact through music.

Hell yeah, I'm broke but I just got a menial job to support myself. I'm also working on my sound, I love hip hop and I'ma make a change in this industry.

Guess what? I just hit the studio today and I'm dropping a crazy 5 minutes remix to Eminem Detroit Vs everybody, yeah it's crazy but I gotta vision.

My name is Onyi

if you can sing in Yoruba or infuse Yoruba will can make it

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Realtosin: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

After escaping from the NwaBoi apprenticeship asylum, I wanted to head back to school; but since I wasn't paid a penny - and it's been a long time I left school. I'm dropping the idea.

Don't get me wrong, it hurts but I got a lot on my shoulders. So I'm taking my time to build myself mentally, physically etc. I'm yet to fully recover from the crazy things, I went through. I wanna get my life back on track, make my family proud, and yeah, get to see my mom after 4 years.

I'm gonna turn 20 by March 28, so I'm tryna make a difference; spent all my late teen years trying to please these humans. I ended up burning my heart in this fire consuming this sinful world.

So I'm back, it doesn't matter how you fall but how you bounce back. When I die, I wanna die happy, knowing I lived for a reason. I don't care how long it takes, but I'ma make an impact through music.

Hell yeah, I'm broke but I just got a menial job to support myself. I'm also working on my sound, I love hip hop and I'ma make a change in this industry.

Guess what? I just hit the studio today and I'm dropping a crazy 5 minutes remix to Eminem Detroit Vs everybody, yeah it's crazy but I gotta vision.

My name is Onyi

Oga, I will strongly advise you to go to school ooo.... Education is not a scam oooo.... After some years from now, you'll understand it better by and by either you attend school or not. Someone just suggested that you should pursue a degree in the University preferably. E get why oooo.... Me than I am shouting now, I understand ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Gmark26: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
: your write up is just like a rap. You can use it as a verse

My name is Onyi

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Omeokachie274: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
Amazing . Nice business idea . Great Innovation in Gh
Legitboss127: If you know any Ghanaian, show them this forum

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by pussymonger1: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
DON'T
ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by drimzsmoke(m): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
:

My name is Onyi

You're broke abiHow will you afford studio sessions,beats,mixing and promotions....I have like 3 friends who left school for music years back.Today,they are nobody!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by HoneySwag(f): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Are your parents buoyant enough to sponsor your education? If yes, pls go to school. If no, then you can pursue your music career.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Theboy21: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Appreciate you.
i love hip-hop music xo much, but my advice for you is to focus on international market, if you want to make it out big in the hip-hop world i think your target audience should be U.S, but here in Nigeria you got to be an Afrobeat star to make it out (you can prove me wrong though).

i have many niggas that have been rapping n running hiphop music since at our teenage level thinking they can make it out here in naija but till date they not successful, at least not yet... main point is "DON'T BE DOING THE RIGHT THING AT THE WRONG PLACE."

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
smatt1711:
I will give you the advice I will give myself if I can reverse back to your age

1) Enrol into any higher instution preferably a University, Choose a course that won't be demanding like Sociology or Education courses
2) still engage in your music career, make friends, befriends music students, visit campus music facilities and learn one or 2
3) find other students with like mind, you can form a band group, attend campus competition, drop campus singles, Use campus radio station.
4) you just said you don't have money, campus will help your career with least available capital, it will give you good friendships and networking and finally it will give you a degree just in case... Because later in life you will realize that as you de reason am now no be so E be....
you said it all boss.
Universities still remain the best platform to elevate his career

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by GreatAxeMan: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
Well, you're a man, although 20 is still a very young age. But giving up education for a cut throat and ultra competitive industry like the entertainment industry is very risky and sounds more like a gamble than something with a guaranteed outcome of success.

ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Olam09(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi

I'm ditching school for a business soon but I'mma go back to school next year by God's grace, hopefully I'll start my business by june fully.

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Aaaoo: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
And if it fails

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Abdul9025(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
na two zero for you.. music should be plan b for you

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jackanda1:
The music industry is very difficult. Surely, you don't want to waste money and be upcoming for years.

Most of the circular music stars you see today are involved in one 'science and the other'.
Is that the part you want to follow?
@bolded you mean soap or visiting baba?
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
tito44:

In which part of the country do u reside?
you this notorious ipob criminal.
you want to track him alongside your ESN members and kill him abi
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

I can't afford it sir, what you're about to witness is what I call "speaking life into existence".

And yessir, I got plans for programming and online stuff. Thanks alot, I appreciate.

And it is music that you can afford?? How many songs do you think you will have to make before you get that hit song?

Can you afford a topnotch studio session back to back till you get that hit song?

Let's say your talent is "gifted" do you have the right connection to get to the big record labels that can help you to limelight?...

There are so many more I can ask but u sef sit down reason well o. Have something doing before you venture into music ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
oyoofong:
Combine your nwaboy experience with school and run music package together. Don't quit school otherwise na guitar you go dey carry about dey rap frustration songs. That one na say you sabi play musical instrument. Buy wisdom nwanne
@bolded na the same thing happen to my guy, baba dropped out from final year say him wan enter music lane, omo recently I come see am he dey carry guitar dey rap and him music tune na depression full am grin

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by jrusky(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nice one, very good boy. Your eyes go clear later.

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Darlingme(f): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
smatt1711:

1) Enrol into any higher instution preferably a University, Choose a course that won't be demanding like Sociology or Education courses
2) still engage in your music career, make friends, befriends music students, visit campus music facilities and learn one or 2
3) find other students with like mind, you can form a band group, attend campus competition, drop campus singles, Use campus radio station.
4) you just said you don't have money, campus will help your career with least available capital, it will give you good friendships and networking and finally it will give you a degree just in case... Because later in life you will realize that as you de reason am now no be so E be....
@op, please read this over and over, until you understand every line.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by DARLINGTON869(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
Well, just make sure your shit is tight and don't be all talk without hits like one dbull I know

T O DARLING

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by faceland: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
smatt1711:

Take the above advice.
If possible, a private university.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2022
My brother, try go school o.

You see, the music industry is not what you think it is o, even with all the focus in the world.

Only about 3 or less percent of aspiring musicians make it, the others struggle and then give up out of frustration.

If you want to do music, fine. But don't leave school because of music. Music is not dependable.

I know business in general can be tricky, but music business is the trickiest, and the one with the least opportunity to succeed.

So, think about it, so that in ten years from now, you will not be roaming the street looking for marijuana to smoke.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
There are over 2m upcoming artists in Nigeria, only like 5 blow a year. Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi

Don't quit school my guy. If possible, find some freelance legit work to learn online and make money for yourself.
Music is not what you think it is these days. A lot of evil happens behind the scenes for artists to make it. Even the money spent in promotion of your music is like a budget for building a three-story house.
Five years down the line you would wish you didn't quit school.

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by tito44: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
EmptyCoconutHead:
[s]you this notorious ipob criminal.
you want to track him alongside your ESN members and kill him abi[/s]

Off point
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
FuckDModz:
Owu never sound you.

Anyway, we shall see.

grin grin grin
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
EmptyCoconutHead:
@bolded na the same thing happen to my guy, baba dropped out from final year say him wan enter music lane, omo recently I come see am he dey carry guitar dey rap and him music tune na depression full am grin

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Jackanda1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
EmptyCoconutHead:
@bolded you mean soap or visiting baba?
Lets all pretend we don't know undecided
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
smatt1711:

deep!

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
Wat if it doesn't work out for u

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Ylink4sure: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
You are an about to gamble with your life! Education assures you of a certain measure of comfort in life. For every successful music 'star' there are a thousand flops!

ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Drummer Or Keyboadist/pianist In Nigeria ? / Who Is The Hottest Female Rapper In Nigeria? / Davido - “Fia” (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.