Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,115 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis (10532 Views)

US Oil Price Below $1 A Barrel As Storage Capacity Runs Out / Nigeria’s Bonny Light Crude Oil Hits $67.10 A Barrel / Brent Crude Oil Plunges To $55 A Barrel Amid Rising Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by 9japride(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2022
Those saying 'Putin my man' will never want to travel to Russia. All of them eyes are on USA visa. You like hard men, but don't want to experience the life of the hard man. Smh

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by collagiatepaper: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by olabright31: 11:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Poopypants:
So Russia is finally doing that thing that they said was “Western propaganda”. Big surprise. And yet some stupid Nairalanders kept saying the US was using propaganda. Never you take this website or people here serious , they are a bunch of ignorant ones. Go to other forums and have decent, meaningful conversations with people , this particular website, breeds morons.

It breeds slowpoke and you still took pain to pen down a long comment? Who do you expect to read and understand the comment? The morons?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nuland(m): 11:42am On Feb 22, 2022
wink2015:

You are talking about benefit to Nigerian citizen.

That is just day dreaming.

Have Nigerian government paid back the loan they borrowed from China and the world bank?

$90+ is way beyond the budget benchmark. Servicing debts is structured into the budget.
ECA(Excess Crude Account) and the masses should be the biggest beneficiaries of this windfall.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Poopypants: 11:46am On Feb 22, 2022
olabright31:

It breeds slowpoke and you still took pain to pen down a long comment? Who do you expect to read and understand the comment? The morons?
the few literates looking to leave the morons.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by truthstands01: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2022
And yet the only reason APC is still giving for her failure is blaming PDP and oil price. Bunch of jokers. May God deliver Nigeria from the hand of APC. PDP may not be perfect but those days were far more better than the APC government.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Poopypants: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2022
brosom:
plz can u refer me to another furum like a kinda nairaland?
reddit, quora very lively informative forums. This invasion was called days ago.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2022
AntonVince:
When Brent Crude sold at a low price, they complained and endlessly vilified GEJ while harping on big earnings during his time.
It now sells at about $100/barrel now but it's still the same barrage of excuses. They are quick to latch on to subsidy payment to mask their gross incompetence/looting. This administration has already removed subsidy about 3 times yet plans are underway for a fourth "removal" while we are already buying PMS at an all-time high price of N180.

They have increased VAT, electricity tariff, customs duty, imposed stamp duty charges on bank accounts, even electronically purchased goods/services are now taxed, yet the economy keeps going downhill while the masses sink even deeper into abject poverty.

Did GEJ not pay more subsidy? So how did he manage to sell fuel at N87 and keep our economy afloat, with a single-digit inflation and a USD exchanging for N187?

I pity hapless Nigerians who do not know that every single day this satanic government spends in office takes us even further from the prospect of economic liberation.

Check this out:

"The Federal Government’s total borrowing from the CBN through Ways and Means Advances had ballooned by 2,286 per cent to N15.51tn in six years, according to the central bank data."
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nograv: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2022
What will be Buhari's excuse now...

Nigeria should now go back to being prosperous no?? cool
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2022
nuland:

$90+ is way beyond the budget benchmark. Servicing debts is structured into the budget.
ECA(Excess Crude Account) and the masses should be the biggest beneficiaries of this windfall.

Which masses are you referring to?
Who will do all these things u are saying? Is it the oil price increase that will do it itself?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nuland(m): 11:58am On Feb 22, 2022
lexy2014:

Which masses are you referring to?
Who will do all these things u are saying? Is it the oil price increase that will do it itself?

The government of course!
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
nuland:

The government of course!

Which govt? Which masses are you referring to?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nuland(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
lexy2014:

Which govt? Which masses are you referring to?

I made it explicitly clear from my initial comment!
#FGN
#Nigerianmasses
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by ButterBurger: 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
Quelme:
Putin my man!!! Just one man fucking and raping the West at the same time!!!
he will surrender
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by ButterBurger: 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
Putin will still surrender
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by brosom(m): 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
Poopypants:
reddit, quora very lively informative forums. This invasion was called days ago.
ok thanks cool
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Lastmankc(m): 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
Poopypants:
So Russia is finally doing that thing that they said was “Western propaganda”. Big surprise. And yet some stupid Nairalanders kept saying the US was using propaganda. Never you take this website or people here serious , they are a bunch of ignorant ones. Go to other forums and have decent, meaningful conversations with people , this particular website, breeds morons.
You dey vex oooo

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
nuland:

I made it explicitly clear from my initial comment!
#FGN
#Nigerianmasses

So what is the antecedent of the FG that makes u feel it will use the the difference in the budget benchmark & oil price to Servicing debts, inflate the ECA(Excess Crude Account) and ensure that the masses should be the biggest beneficiaries of this windfall?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nuland(m): 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
lexy2014:

So what is the antecedent of the FG that makes u feel it will use the the difference in the budget benchmark & oil price to Servicing debts, inflate the ECA(Excess Crude Account) and ensure that the masses should be the biggest beneficiaries of this windfall?

Do I have any other option other than to wish they do?
Taking to the streets to ask for good governance would certainly out me and my loved ones in harm's way.
Talking and advocating online will be of no effect, so this is my best bet.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by nuland(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
nuland:

Taking to the streets to ask for good governance would certainly put me and my loved ones in harm's way.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Panda7(m): 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
or time to start securing our oil home. time to finally turn our home to the richest and most secured economy around. time to finally make everything possible and a time to finally build our home. thanks to our God blessed and rich resources.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Gbadebo19(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
Now that oil prices are rising, we are waiting for the next set of excuses buhari and his cohorts will give us
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by blackboy(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
APC and PMB wont talk about this high oil prices during their time and how they are saving the money or building Nigeria with it unlike PDP
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Gbadebo19(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
Now that oil prices are rising, we are waiting for the next set of excuses buhari and his cohorts will give us.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
Now the price is high ... let's wait for buhari excuses why he is not performing
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by angelfallz(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
Oil is not the cause of Nigeria's problem.
You can read this article from nairametrics explaining how the military changed the structure of Nigeria politically and economically, thereby forcing the states to rely on federal allocations.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/11/15/reviving-palm-oil-exportation-by-solving-the-derivation-controversy/

iLegendd:
Even as a Niger Deltan, I pray for our oil to run dry so that Nigeria will grow. Overdependence on oil causes stagnation.

At least, the rise will make APC temporarily reduce their blame game.
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
nuland:

Taking to the streets to ask for good governance would certainly out me and my loved ones in harm's way.

Am not sure u answered my question:

Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by lexy2014: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
angelfallz:
Oil is not the cause of Nigeria's problem.
You can read this article from nairametrics explaining how the military changed the structure of Nigeria politically and economically, thereby forcing the states to rely on federal allocations.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/11/15/reviving-palm-oil-exportation-by-solving-the-derivation-controversy/

Is it d structure put in place by the military that has prevented governors from providing social services and becoming independent of federal allocations?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by Kaiser20: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
ButterBurger:
Putin will still surrender
America and NATO sorrendered to the Taliban in Afghanistan after wasted resources and thousands of NATO soldiers deaths,say something new
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by angelfallz(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Did you read the article?

lexy2014:

Is it d structure put in place by the military that has prevented governors from providing social services and becoming independent of federal allocations?
Re: Oil Price Nears $100 A Barrel Amid Russia-ukraine Crisis by CSTRR: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
The increase in prices will also lead to increase in subsidy prices since we import our petrol from the international market.

Nigeria Sha.
Blessings have become a curse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) / Airtel CUG / Expert Says Inflation Is Out Of Cbn’s Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.