Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Firstbank, Moniepoint And CBN Can't Help Me Get My Money Back - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Firstbank, Moniepoint And CBN Can't Help Me Get My Money Back (797 Views)

Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / How To Activate Peer-2-peer Trading On Binance: CBN Can't Stop You / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Firstbank, Moniepoint And CBN Can't Help Me Get My Money Back by emmykk(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
Good Morning Nairalanders.
On the 22/1/2022 My Elderly landlady came to my POS shop and made me send N10,200 money to a firstbank account.

A day later she came that the sender have not received the money.when we check through the receipt it was a wrong account we did send to.

I then resend the money again to the right account with the hope I could get a refund of the one i send to the wrong account earlier.

I then went to first bank isoko road branch ughelli because I live there to lay a complain and wish they reverse the money,this is after leaving a message on firstbank verified Facebook page .They said it is only the moniepoint limited,the money agent company that I work for that can login issue on my behave.

I contact moniepoint to do it and they did and send me email to that effect.They added that firstbank will return the money on 3 conditions:
1. They will notify the account holder that I wrongly send to.
2. They first bank has discretion to refund the money or not.
3. Depend on availability of fund in the account..

After waiting for some days without and information from both firstbank and moniepoint I contacted moneypoint and they didn't give any reply.

I then contact CBN on Facebook and they send me an email address to lodge in the complain with details of the the transaction.

This is over a month that I did what central bank of Nigeria asked me to do yet no reply and no money.
Over 1 month I made the wrong deposit and over 3 weeks that these 3 financial operators knew about the money yet nothing is done.

My question is did firstbank allow the their customers received and use that money freely? Or firstbank have collected the money and keep it to themselves.

Is moneypoint powerless that they cannot convince their sister bank to return the money to it rightful owner?

Or is Central of Nigeria not efficient to see that such money be returned.

I m to disappointed about the situation and gotten to the level of moving on.

But it shows that if that person that I send the money to is a scammer who ask that I send him money,this is how these 3 financial entity will also not do anything to recover the money.

All these financial doni have customer care at heart.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer / Is This The Best Time To Post On Instagram? / Have I Just Been Scammed By A Shipping Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.