Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,485 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible (897 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / The Efficacy Of Praying in JESUS' Name / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
The best form of Prayer position compiled from the Bible

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

Prostration is the best position to communicate with Allah and a true Muslim would prostrate over 34 times daily in Prayer!

1 Like

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
AntiChristian:

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

Prostration is the best position to communicate with Allah and a true Muslim would prostrate over 34 times daily in Prayer!
All of what you claim here is meaningless this since God never commanded a prayer posture/posture for his people. undecided

You are free to pray in whatever position you want.... it does not matter what position you do, as what matters is that your Prayer is instead done in obedience of God's actual commandments. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by wizonlyson: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All of what you claim here is meaningless this since God never commanded a prayer posture/posture for his people. undecided

You are free to pray in whatever position you want.... it does not matter what position you do, as what matters is that your Prayer is instead done in obedience of God's actual commandments. undecided
not in this new generation..wey (pastor, Rightousness) go dey pray, like person wey hot shit dey, catch..i no that his crabs, is coming for me..yeye, ashawo pastor..

1 Share

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:

It's not meaningless. Except you'll tell me those men were not inspired to do what they did!
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
AntiChristian:
It's not meaningless. Except you'll tell me those men were not inspired to do what they did!
Does this inspiration you speak of also apply as far as their sha-iting position since the God of the Jews and of the Christians also didn't give us laws regarding such things. undecided

Look, if there was meaning to such things as you claim, the God of the Jews and of the Christians would have included it in His Laws, but He didn't, rendering such things of no meaning where God is concerned. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Does this inspiration you speak of also apply as far as their sha-iting position since the God of the Jews and of the Christians also didn't give us laws regarding such things. undecided

Those men just did those prayer in that position out of their desires right?

Look, if there was meaning to such things as you claim, the God of the Jews and of the Christians would have included it in His Laws, but He didn't, rendering such things of no meaning where God is concerned. undecided

Christians don't have a God. Nowhere does God claim to be a Christian God. Which laws does a Christian have?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. Those men just did those prayer in that position out of their desires right?

2. Christians don't have a God. Nowhere does God claim to be a Christian God. Which laws does a Christian have?
1. If God never commanded it, what other reason do you think there would be? undecided

2. I don't understand your assertions about Christians here.

During Jesus Christ's baptism, this by John the Baptist, a prophet of the Old Covenant, God Spoke up declaring Jesus Christ to be of Him, mandating that He, Jesus Christ, be obeyed. And since Jesus Christ, the Christ in the word "Christian" is the the Christians are to obey, that means Christians serve God by obeying Jesus Christ. undecided

Which Law do Christians have? Jesus Christ ofcourse... God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God, promised from before even the prophets and the Old Law. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
If ona like make ona de hit head on stone. Na ona sabi.

You can pray in any position. Jesus would lift his face to the heavens and pray to the Father.
There's nothing like that in Moses law and Judaism.
Your fake prophet taught you that.

AntiChristian:

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Of course they weren't inspired to do that!
Each of them did what they did back then based on the common idea of bowing before a superior.
God never say there's any form of praying position. smiley
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Of course they weren't inspired to do that!
Each of them did what they did back then based on the common idea of bowing before a superior.
God never say there's any form of praying position. smiley

O! Do that means Jesus told a liar when he said said "I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. John 5:30.

Was it the will of Jesus to bow down or he was inspired to do so?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2022
cornelboy:
If ona like make ona de hit head on stone. Na ona sabi.

You can pray in any position. Jesus would lift his face to the heavens and pray to the Father.
There's nothing like that in Moses law and Judaism.
Your fake prophet taught you that.

So why didn't all of them recite Lord's Prayer? Why are they all bowing to God in the same way?
These people are the people you said were inspired to write the Bible. But they were not inspired to worship like this right?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

O! Do that means Jesus told a liar when he said said "I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. John 5:30.

That's his own initiative otherwise he would have commanded that his followers do the same. He eats, drinks, put on clothes and go for merriments.
Where most people like you got things complicated is by thinking that everything the prophet of God did was inspired.
It's only things they teach that has to do with inspiration not everything they do! smiley
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Here again! undecided

The Will of God, God's Law, determines/judged such things as position/posture of prayer meaningless where God is concerned. So when Jesus Christ chose to bow down to pray, He did so with the explicit understanding that such is meaningless where God's Will is concerned - His bowing down/posture was not carried out as though in the name of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
So why didn't all of them recite Lord's Prayer? Why are they all bowing to God in the same way?
These people are the people you said were inspired to write the Bible. But they were not inspired to worship like this right?
You have to read the book for comprehension purposes to get a clear understanding of why they didn't recite the Lord's Prayer and why they all chose to bow in the way they did. undecided

Also your understanding of what it means to be inspired happens under the terms and conditions of the Law that is God's. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by GreatAxeMan: 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
For your Baba church Abu?

wizonlyson:
not in this new generation..wey (pastor, Rightousness) go dey pray, like person wey hot shit dey, catch..i no that his crabs, is coming for me..yeye, ashawo pastor..
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 8:17am On Feb 25, 2022
So why didn't all of them recite Lord's Prayer?

Foolish question that doesn't deserve answer.
How would you even if they recited it?
Jesus was the first person to say the prayer.

Why are they all bowing to God in the same way?
These people weren't even worshipping your god Allah. All these are not criteria for praying.
Jesus praying using any position. He knelt down, fell on the ground, looked towards heaven.......

Jehovah gave laws and the position for praying wasn't included.
Why do i prostrate to my father everyone morning, because he's Allah?
AntiChristian:

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2022
cornelboy:

Foolish question that doesn't deserve answer.
But you still answered it foolishly!
How would you even if they recited it?
Jesus was the first person to say the prayer.
That means Jesus brought a separate prayer method right? But why did he still bow with his head on the floor like us?

These people weren't even worshipping your god Allah. All these are not criteria for praying.
Allah has the same root as Elohim. Allah is Arabic, Elohim (Plural) Eloah (Singular) is in Hebrew. In Aramaic it is Elah or Alah! All this languages a Semitic languages.

Jesus praying using any position. He knelt down, fell on the ground, looked towards heaven...….
But the one he used when in dire need of help was to bow down!

Jehovah gave laws and the position for praying wasn't included.
Why do i prostrate to my father everyone morning, because he's Allah?
You need not prostrate like Jesus to your creator! Your father is the husband of your mother not God. You should worship God not your father.
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by GreatAxeMan: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2022
If bodily position is what validates prayer as opposed to purity of heart, why did David sit down before praying to Yaweh?

AntiChristian:

That means Jesus brought a separate prayer method right? But why did he still bow with his head on the floor like us?

Allah has the same root as Elohim. Allah is Arabic, Elohim (Plural) Eloah (Singular) is in Hebrew. In Aramaic it is Elah or Alah! All this languages a Semitic languages.

You need not prostrate like Jesus to your creator! Your father is the husband of your mother not God. You should worship God not your father.
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2022

Thank you
Jesus thought his disciples how to pray not position to pray. Jesus didn't bow like you.
with his face to the ground not head on the floor

It's not the same thing. "El" is the Hebrew word for god and 'Elohim" is the qualitative plural for "El".

Always have this in your head. The God of Moses is not the God of Mohammed.

Which means it's not always bowing down!
You need not prostrate like Jesus to your creator! Your father is the husband of your mother not God. You should worship God not your father

Jesus was worshipped multiple times in the bible even immediately after he was born.

Worship in a sense literally means paying homage or prostrating before someone.

Do your prostrating before Allah gives him ego and make his head swear?

AntiChristian:

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Jesus thought his disciples how to pray not position to pray. Jesus didn't bow like you.
with his face to the ground not head on the floor
How did Jesus prayed and how did others prayed? Do Christians bow like that to God nowadays at any time?

It's not the same thing. "El" is the Hebrew word for god and 'Elohim" is the qualitative plural for "El".

What was Jesus's Language Aramaic? It is Elaha or Aloha similar to Allah in Arabic. Hebrew is El as you said. All these languages are semitic languages with similar roots. These you can't find to be false!

Always have this in your head. The God of Moses is not the God of Mohammed.
Where is the Proof?

Which means it's not always bowing down!

Jesus was worshipped multiple times in the bible even immediately after he was born.

Worship in a sense literally means paying homage or prostrating before someone.

Do your prostrating before Allah gives him ego and make his head swear?

Worship is not paying homage or prostrating to someone! Worship is defined as the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. Stop distorting narrations to suite your whims!

Who worshiped Jesus as a deity in the Bible?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
If bodily position is what validates prayer as opposed to purity of heart, why did David sit down before praying to Yaweh?

Siting down, standing , bowing, putting the face to the ground are all parts of praying positions!
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Siting down, standing , bowing, putting the face to the ground are all parts of praying positions!
So looking up to the sky to pray is not a praying position in your religion? Good for you then! undecided

To the God of the Christians, such things are meaningless and for this reason, He gave no commands as to where to face when praying to Him. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So looking up to the sky to pray is not a praying position in your religion? Good for you then! undecided

To the God of the Christians, such things are meaningless and for this reason, He gave no commands as to where to face when praying to Him. undecided

Which God is the God of the Christians?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Which God is the God of the Christians?
The God written of in God Bible , the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who promised even through His prophets of Old to send a redeemer to redeem His people and bless the nations of the World with, the Adonai!. He is the one who Jesus Christ called Father! undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The God written of in God Bible , the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who promised even through His prophets of Old to send a redeemer to redeem His people and bless the nations of the World with, the Adonai!. He is the one who Jesus Christ called Father! undecided

Is it not the same God that created everything?

Where did He call Himself the God of the Christians?
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Is it not the same God that created everything?

Where did He call Himself the God of the Christians?
Ofcourse there is only one creator. undecided

I refer to Him here as "God of the Christians" since there are many other deitiies being discussed in thia here context. So why does He need to explicitly call Himself God of the Christians? undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse there is only one creator. undecided

I refer to Him here as "God of the Christians" since there are many other deitiies being discussed in thia here context. So why does He need to explicitly call Himself God of the Christians? undecided

Of course Christianity is named after Christ by men like many other religion. God never gave any religion Christianity. So the "Christian God" seems somehow to me while you still lay claim to the Jewish God.
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Of course Christianity is named after Christ by men like many other religion. God never gave any religion Christianity. So the "Christian God" seems somehow to me while you still lay claim to the Jewish God.
All you are doing here is ramble on meaninglessly since I am quite certain you understand why I refer to my God as the God of the Christians and the God of the Jews. undecided

The God of the Christians is not the Allah of the Muslims, and no amount of twisting and dancing around the "truth" proclaimed by each can change that.. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by GreatAxeMan: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
So it is the body's position during prayer which determines the validity of the prayer?

AntiChristian:

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by cornelboy(f): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
How did Jesus prayed and how did others prayed? Do Christians bow like that to God nowadays at any time?
Jesus never did that in the public or in the synagogue. And i know you haven't followed every christians to their bedroom.

What was Jesus's Language Aramaic? It is Elaha or Aloha similar to Allah in Arabic. Hebrew is El as you said. All these languages are semitic languages with similar roots. These you can't find to be false!
I told you 'el' the word for god in Hebrew can be used for anything that's mighty/strong.
El is a general/common name for any god but
Jehovah is the name of our GOD.
Where is the Proof?
Check my last post on religion thread, you will see how Satan revealed part of the Koran.
Worship is not paying homage or prostrating to someone! Worship is defined as the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. Stop distorting narrations to suite your whims!
I wasn't using a dictionary definition.

Jesus isn't a mere man like Mohammed. Jesus had preexistence before coming to the world.
That's why he didn't have a normal birth and was a perfect and sinless man.
Jesus is very powerful and divine. He is however not the Almighty GOD we should worship as our GOD. Jesus himself has a God.

AntiChristian:

[/highlight]

Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Feb 27, 2022
AntiChristian:

To worship God actually means to Obey Him, to serve Him according to His commandment. In scripture, with every one of His Law, God's sole mandate has been complete trust and obedience. undecided

Also twice God is recorded to have commanded men to Obey Jesus Christ - worship Him. undecided

God Himself, from Heaven, called on men to Worship Jesus Christ. When Jesus was baptized at the river Jordan by John the Baptist, God spoke to men commanding men to obey Him. On the mount of transfiguration, God spoke in a loud voice commanding men to Obey Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Best Form Of Praying Position In The Bible by NNTR: 5:02am On Feb 27, 2022
AntiChristian:

My dear beloved AntiChristian Muslim brother friend, a picture is worth a thousand words

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenya Pastor Propose Marriage To Widow During Burial Of Her Husband / Christians: Be Careful... How I Was Almost Initiated. / BREAKING: Police Detain Abuja Pastor Preaching With AK-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.