Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? (1202 Views)

Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? / Paypal Nigeria 2019: Create Paypal Account That Sends And Receive Money In Niger / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2022
I am a freelancer and I just did a job for someone who lives abroad (I'm sorry, I did not even ask what country he was from, but when I googled the company, it showed that they were located in the US). I found the job on Upwork, but we agreed to take the interview as well as the whole job proceedings off of Upwork.
I just finished his work and I'm about to turn it in, but I have no idea how to receive my money? Please help me
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ebubu5: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
I am a freelancer and I just did a job for someone who lives abroad (I'm sorry, I did not even ask what country he was from, but when I googled the company, it showed that they were located in the US). I found the job on Upwork, but we agreed to take the interview as well as the whole job proceedings off of Upwork.
I just finished his work and I'm about to turn it in, but I have no idea how to receive my money? Please help me

How much is this
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2022
About $2000
Ebubu5:

How much is this
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by 404Dev: 11:55am On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

Never agree to take any work off upwork again, there are scammers out there who would take advantage of you. The world is a big scary jungle.

As per the payments you can use either of the following

-Payoneer
-Create a payment page in flutter wave and send them the link (you can set the currency in usd)
- A domiciliary account if you have or can get access to.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ayojideonline(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2022
404Dev:

Never agree to take any work off upwork again, there are scammers out there who would take advantage of you. The world is a big scary jungle.

-Payoneer
-Create a payment page in flutter wave and send them the link (you can set the currency in usd)

The above is a good solution or simply put ...Google is your friend for solutions. This is how upwork also puts it ....
Select How You Get Paid
To make it easy for you to access your money, we offer a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. You can withdraw directly to your bank account with the following payment methods:

Direct to U.S. Bank (ACH) — Free
Direct to Local Bank (outside of U.S.) — $0.99 per transfer
U.S. Dollar Wire Transfer — $30 per transfer
Instant Pay for U.S. Freelancers — $2.00 per transfer
We also work with the following third-party payment vendors:

PayPal
Payoneer (outside the U.S.)
M-Pesa (Kenya only)
The availability of payment methods varies by country, and some banks may charge incoming fees additional to those listed above. Your available options will display when you add a payment method. Consider comparing costs and access options in your country before selecting a method.

Note:
If you are withdrawing directly to your bank account, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. Exceptions may be made for transgender users and common name changes, i.e., Robert to Bob. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact our support team to resolve the issue or add a new payment method. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by forenzy: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
I can give you my domiciliary at GTB. We will see one on one for the transaction. It is very fast cos I have used it before and sometimes money drop within a day. I will charge u 10% as commission. What'sapp 07037710461
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
I just did a quick search. What about Western Union or Money Gram?

404Dev:

-Payoneer
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
I took the work off of Upwork. But from the second option, does that mean they can send the money direct to my account, even if it will invoke charges?
Ayojideonline:

The above is a good solution or simply put ...Google is your friend for solutions. This is how upwork also puts it ....
Select How You Get Paid
To make it easy for you to access your money, we offer a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. You can withdraw directly to your bank account with the following payment methods:

Direct to U.S. Bank (ACH) — Free
Direct to Local Bank (outside of U.S.) — $0.99 per transfer
U.S. Dollar Wire Transfer — $30 per transfer
Instant Pay for U.S. Freelancers — $2.00 per transfer
We also work with the following third-party payment vendors:

PayPal
Payoneer (outside the U.S.)
M-Pesa (Kenya only)
The availability of payment methods varies by country, and some banks may charge incoming fees additional to those listed above. Your available options will display when you add a payment method. Consider comparing costs and access options in your country before selecting a method.

Note:
If you are withdrawing directly to your bank account, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. Exceptions may be made for transgender users and common name changes, i.e., Robert to Bob. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact our support team to resolve the issue or add a new payment method. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ebubu5: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
About $2000
left for you to decide. But I have a payoneer account which receives dollar abroad. And my dollar rate is N565 naira. It is that high because I have a nigerian Domiciliary account so I will take dollar cash from my GTB then go and convert it to naira with aboki. If you do the conversion at CBN rate it is N415 naira or so but mine is N565. So you gain lot more.

Do the mathematics your money is N1,130,000 at my rate.

That is 1million, 1 hundred and 30 thousand naira.

If you can give me my school fees of 30k i can receive the money for you and offer you 1million, 100 thousand, instead of 1million, 130 thousand.

I will also give you the benefit of opening a payoneer account for you to receive funds subsequent time by yourself and also show you how to open dollar account with a nigerian bank and trade dollar at N565 rate or more with an aboki in your area. That is the extra benefit of doing this deal with me, that I will give you.

We will video call extensively so you identify my face and confirm my details for assurance purpose.

Best regards

That is my WhatsApp number

Goodluck embarassed

But please patronize me I want pay school fees embarassed

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ayojideonline(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
I took the work off of Upwork. But from the second option, does that mean they can send the money direct to my account, even if it will invoke charges?

Yes. If your registered account name on upwork matches that of the bank account you are using. A dorm account account via wire transfer or payoneer will simply solve your challenge. All the best.
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
OK. I'll text you soon

Ebubu5:
left for you to decide. But I have a payoneer account which receives dollar abroad. And my dollar rate is N565 naira. It is that high because I have a nigerian Domiciliary account so I will take dollar cash from my GTB then go and convert it to naira with aboki. If you do the conversion at CBN rate it is N415 naira or so but mine is N565. So you gain lot more.

Do the mathematics your money is N1,130,000 at my rate.

That is 1million, 1 hundred and 30 thousand naira.

If you can give me my school fees of 30k i can receive the money for you and offer you 1million, 100 thousand, instead of 1million, 130 thousand.

I will also give you the benefit of opening a payoneer account for you to receive funds subsequent time by yourself and also show you how to open dollar account with a nigerian bank and trade dollar at N565 rate or more with an aboki in your area. That is the extra benefit of doing this deal with me, that I will give you.

We will video call extensively so you identify my face and confirm my details for assurance purpose.

Best regards

That is my WhatsApp number

Goodluck embarassed

But please patronize me I want pay school fees embarassed
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ebubu5: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
OK. I'll text you soon

thank you God bless you

Can’t believe I can finally pay my final year second semester school fees embarassed

Halloweth be thy name Lord embarassed

I worship you

Even when all door closes I bow down to your name Lord cos you bringeth succor when there is nowhere else to run to

I worship you Lord embarassed
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Ebubu5: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
OK. I'll text you soon

Bro still waiting for your msg cos my school fees portal closes next tomorrow embarassed
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by dukeboss(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
why don't u receive it with PayPal account, I do that on your behalf and you get naira equivalent of it to your bank
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by 1Alex: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2022
Lalasticlala we need more suggestions.
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Akinbolaji94(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2022
You can get paid using VITALSWAP app just like me and it's very easy to use and it's benefit is that it is a platform for dollar and Naira exchange where you can deposit dollar or naira and exchange or send to whomever you like, besides that, you get to convert your dollars using high rates.

Feel free to check it out :

Visit website: [url]Vitalswap.com[/url]

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/swapbyvitalswap/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwapByVitalswap?t=8X9itVQ82GR7G-_uMHYm6Q&s=09
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Hugoempirecargo: 11:53am On Jun 10, 2022
I will provide u with a USA account, u pay in...we confirm and credit u in naira immediately at a particular rate

ThatWriterBoy:
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Zidoh(m): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
Good day greater freelancers. @ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES. We are still your best and active plug for all your e-currency exchange.

We buy Payoneer , Paypal , Skrill , Neteller and Transferwise funds at good rate

We also do withdrawal such as Fiverr , Upwork , Freelancer, Amazon kdp, domain sale withdrawal etc.

......Kindly slide to our dm on Whatsapp on the contact number below on signature for instant exchange
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Karrrion: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Good news for those of you that are into freelance work, surveys, money from love ones and family or any payment you wish to receive in either Dollars, Pounds or Euro but don't have bank accounts in these currencies that can receive the funds. We are here to offer assistance by helping you receive your funds and pay you in Naira at a very competitive and high rate. Naira will be paid into your account as soon as we receive funds.
Chat with us through our WhatsApp link below for a swift and successful transaction.

http://.us/w/?c=ab0c79
Re: Please How Do I Receive Money From Abroad? by Chukatabra: 12:14am On Mar 30, 2023
Omo, receiving international payments is now hard with Paypal and the likes, not helping matters.. Payoneer that works easy exchanges at CBN rate... E no pay at all.

After much research sha, I found these guys that work seamlessly and have been using them ever since: https://blog.changera.co/how-to-receive-international-payments-from-clients-as-a-freelancer-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Earn 75,000 Naira Writing Articles Working From Home / Spending Patterns Of Middle And Top Bracket Nigerian Society / How Can I Get The Pos That Allows Customers 2 Pay With Atm Card In Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.