Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? (1607 Views)

How Reliable Are The Volkswagen Lt Bus / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by SeaTrade(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hello people,good afternoon.
So I've been seriously contemplating going Chinese on work trucks for my business.
Found out that all these used trucks tend to fail at some point and our local mechanics aren't helping matters as they lack proper expertise and end up damaging these trucks the more,

So I am considering brand new on a budget henceforth, so that it will be under warranty for a reasonable amount of time and I get to save cost.

Toyota Hilux seem to be the best but somehow it is overpriced for what I want to use it for ,reason I am opting for cheaper Chinese ones,especially the 2021 Changan hunter 4x4.

So my concerns are;

Are these things reliable?I keep hearing people say no to them,any reason why?
Do they charge much to fix them at the dealerships?

Let's say it goes out of warranty,how does a person get their replacement parts?
People claim they always have heating issues,is this true?

I know their resale value will be very low but I am not bothered about it because I don't plan to sell,just need something I can use for like 7 years without any issues and sell after that period at any price.Can they last this long?

Will be cheaper for me abeg.

Please experience from Chinese car users or people with experience in them is what I need and not random opinions,
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by Asquare84(m): 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Go ahead and buy the car, most Nigerian don't try new option except believe on hear say.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by Originalsly: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Why gamble? Why not spend the same money and import a Toyota? ...or Ford F150? Ford is more rugged than Toyota but you must keep up with maintenance... and at a rectified mechanic. I'm sure you'll be better off with either than a ra d new Chinese truck.
Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by PAQ(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Before i buy a car i first check online reviews then ask mechanics about how easy they are to fix and availability of parts. Being a Chinese car all three options will be a pain because the blogs and reviews will be mostly in Chinese our mechanics will know nothing about them and parts will have to be imported. too many grey areas for me to take the risk.

The price of Hilux is high but worth it as it will last you a life time of abuse and hard labor. Tundra's are good work trucks with longer beds. i believe they are even more rugged than Tacoma's. These modern trucks will last twice the years any Chinese trucks will.
Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by fabienjoe: 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
No one has really answered his question. He needs an ownership experience from someone, not stereotypes and prejudices. The poster appears to know all about the Fords and Toyotas, he's only asking for someone with experience with Chinese trucks so he can weigh his options..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by Siberia01(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
Chinese cars are good
Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by dru23(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
SeaTrade:
Hello people,good afternoon.
So I've been seriously contemplating going Chinese on work trucks for my business.
Found out that all these used trucks tend to fail at some point and our local mechanics aren't helping matters as they lack proper expertise and end up damaging these trucks the more,
So I am considering brand new on a budget henceforth, so that it will be under warranty for a reasonable amount of time and I get to save cost.
Toyota Hilux seem to be the best but somehow it is overpriced for what I want to use it for ,reason I am opting for cheaper Chinese ones,especially the 2021 Changan hunter 4x4.
So my concerns are;
Are these things reliable?I keep hearing people say no to them,any reason why?
Do they charge much to fix them at the dealerships?
Let's say it goes out of warranty,how does a person get their replacement parts?
People claim they always have heating issues,is this true?
I know their resale value will be very low but I am not bothered about it because I don't plan to sell,just need something I can use for like 7 years without any issues and sell after that period at any price.Can they last this long?Will be cheaper for me abeg.
Please experience from Chinese car users or people with experience in them is what I need and not random opinions,
Thanks.
Cc seun,lalasticlala,mynd44,oam4j,justwise..
Please we need a wider audience on this,thank you.

Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by SeaTrade(m): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2022
[quote author=dru23 post=110580920][/quote]I know say since weh I ask you how much you dey make for US weh you dey based on the mouth weh you dey make,
You go dey follow me upandan this place.
Mumu boy grin

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? by dru23(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2022
SeaTrade:
I know say since weh I ask you how much you dey make for US weh you dey based on the mouth weh you dey make,
You go dey follow me upandan this place.
Mumu boy grin

Who be mumu. No be you wan buy chico truck . u talk am say people say chico truck no good.. U still dey ask jamb questions undecided who is the real mumu here tongue

(1) (Reply)

URGENT REPLIES: Is A Nissan Tiida A Good Idea? / For Toyota/lexus & Honda Owners Only Experts In Here / Court Orders Coscharis Jaguar To Replace San's ₦24m Jaguar Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.