Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary (2745 Views)

How Much Crime Did Ghanaians Commit When We Kicked Them Out / Reno Omokri Replies Big Backside Woman Who Invited Him For Lunch / Why I Kicked Against My Wife’s Third Term — TINUBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Lipscomb(m): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Well I agreed with you.
9gerian:
Africa has no place in this proxy or any other war in Europe. Let the nations that have a stake pick and fight their battles as they deem fit.

Absolute and perfect neutrality is the watchword for Africa please. I saw the Kenya ambassador to the UN trying to take sides. I hope there’s something in it for Kenya and not just blind loyalty to others who don’t care about Kenya or it’s genuine interests.

Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Yes. Kick Putin's smelly arse.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
I'm only interested how masculine wordings defeat impostors of "f" gender

Local format in the days of 2go undecided
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Ghengiskhan(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Nato won't put boots on the ground in Ukraine because Ukraine is not a member of nato, they can only send in weapons

Was NATO not in Afghanistan? How did that end?
You lot watch too much Hollywood movies.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ghengiskhan:

What are you even saying,go and check the meaning of nato or the list of members in nato and come back and tell us if you see "Ukraine" there
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by joyandfaith: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
NigeriaNawa:

Basically if Russia hits the UK with missiles, it means all out war with NATO and if only non-nuclear weapons are used, Russia will surrender in a week grin

Meanwhile the UK Navy is more modern than the Russian Navy with more carriers and more deadly weaponry.

Smart response. Most guys are just overrating Russia.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by joyandfaith: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
ivolt:

Who told you anybody wants to invade Russia?
The issue is about defending Ukraine's sovereignty and not Russia invasion.

You get it.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by joyandfaith: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
oskopy:
I pity NATO for this will be opportunity for God to pay them for all the evil they committed during Biafra war against the south east.
Ordinary Biafra stood their ground against your Nato for 3 years rigged war, I see Britain and America loose their powers.
Why did Soviet Union supported Nigeria during biafra war?
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by joyandfaith: 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
9gerian:
Africa has no place in this proxy or any other war in Europe. Let the nations that have a stake pick and fight their battles as they deem fit.

Absolute and perfect neutrality is the watchword for Africa please. I saw the Kenya ambassador to the UN trying to take sides. I hope there’s something in it for Kenya and not just blind loyalty to others who don’t care about Kenya or it’s genuine interests.

What is usefulness of Russia to Africa?
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Twocups: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Don't f**k with the most powerful person on earth
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by SUPERPACK: 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
NigeriaNawa:

Basically if Russia hits the UK with missiles, it means all out war with NATO and if only non-nuclear weapons are used, Russia will surrender in a week grin

Meanwhile the UK Navy is more modern than the Russian Navy with more carriers and more deadly weaponry.
Wars are not won by weapons alone but by shared determination and will power of parties involved. America with all their weapons still left Afghanistan after 20 years same way as it was when they invaded it, with same taliban now having more weapons left for them than ever. Mind you Uk practices total democracy so if 10000 russian soldiers die and only 1000 UK soldiers die, Russia will still be the winners, while UK will battle with mass protest and riots from their citizens for lost lives.

Russia is willing to lose all to win but UK can't afford such loses to their citizens, na lawsuits go finish them.

1 Like

Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by PartnerusIsBack: 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I don't think Russia will surrender so easily..they are bunch of rugged fighters.. cheesy

Putin really hit below the belt this time. I used to think he was intelligent enough but his recent calculations has suggested otherwise. Who goes to war with no tangible allies to backup? Is he banking on China? Nah! Those guys are wise enough to stay clear off it. NATO is already encircling Eastern Europe. Give or take, its only going to take 2 weeks for Russia to lay its arms down if full scale war happens. Russians will never forgive Putin for the massive onslaught and destruction of their country as a whole.

The handlers of Putin should have a rethink. SERGIE, the Russian foreign Secretary is an intelligent man. I see that guy leading Russia soon. So sad that putin isn't giving that guy a listening ear.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by jamesversion: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I wasn't referring to you and if you didn't get that I was only giving an example due to his first paragraph then that's your issue..

Don't take it personally, you aren't Russian. grin
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
PartnerusIsBack:

Putin really hit below the belt this time. I used to think he was intelligent enough but his recent calculations has suggested otherwise. Who goes to war with no tangible allies to backup? Is he banking on China? Nah! Those guys are wise enough to stay clear off it. NATO is already encircling Eastern Europe. Give or take, its only going to take 2 weeks for Russia to lay its arms down if full scale war happens. Russians will never forgive Putin for the massive onslaught and destruction of their country as a whole.

The handlers of Putin should have a rethink. SERGIE, the Russian foreign Secretary is an intelligent man. I see that guy leading Russia soon. So sad that putin isn't giving that guy a listening ear.
Putin is power hungry and it might not end we for him..
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
jamesversion:

Don't take it personally, you aren't Russian. grin
A country that I can't wait for it's leader to get dealt with by the USA?
Putin is crossing bounds and my greatest joy will be putting him in place..
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by PartnerusIsBack: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Cos they fought hard, often and in many battles. They sent huge numbers into battle, more than anyone else.. cheesy

You know why I said they wouldn't surrender easily..If the war is taking place in Russia, there is no way the opposition might win. The Russians are one of the most patriotic defenders in the world. When an invading force is fighting a stubborn enemy, the time is on the defender’s side. The latter only has to drag out the war long and hard for the invader to question why they are dying on foreign soil while the defender doesn’t have to go anywhere or justify to their people! I don’t care if people say Russia’s population is roughly only half of USSR. If a war breaks out today, Russia would be willing to sacrifice 27 million people like what USSR did if that is what it takes to drive back an invader! What’s America’s tolerance for causality before quitting? 50K in Vietnam!
So you get the maths? wink

The equation has changed now, so has the dynamics of international politics. NATO is already encircling Russian federation as a while. Russia has no tangible ally in this pending war. What is about to hit Russia this time might take centuries to heal. NATO troops are already stationed in Poland, Czech Republic and the rest. These countries have close proximity to mainland Moscow. Militarily, politically and economically, Russia will lose on all fronts. No doubt about that.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
PartnerusIsBack:

The equation has changed now, so has the dynamics of international politics. NATO is already encircling Russian federation as a while. Russia has no tangible ally in this pending war. What is about to hit Russia this time might take centuries to heal. NATO troops are already stationed in Poland, Czech Republic and the rest. These countries have close proximity to mainland Moscow. Militarily, politically and economically, Russia will lose on all fronts. No doubt about that.
Agreed..I do not in any way fancy Putin's style. cheesy
I was only trying to let that guy understand my reasons.. thanks..

1 Like

Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by ObamaMessi: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And you think Russia ain't smart or don't have any weapon like that..
Does it even matter if it's world war..I am talking about Russia's will power and strength..
So what's your judgement now?
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by PartnerusIsBack: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Wars are not won by weapons alone but by shared determination and will power of parties involved. America with all their weapons still left Afghanistan after 20 years same way as it was when they invaded it, with same taliban now having more weapons left for them than ever. Mind you Uk practices total democracy so if 10000 russian soldiers die and only 1000 UK soldiers die, Russia will still be the winners, while UK will battle with mass protest and riots from their citizens for lost lives.

America was not fighting a conventional war in Afghanistan and please take note of that. What they witnessed was a gorilla warfare with a rag tag group, the talliban. According to international laws, you cannot use long range missiles and other assorted heavy weaponries in a gorilla warfare due to avoiding civilian casualties.

The luck Russia has now is that the republicans are not in power in the US cause history has it that the republicans glorify war. Biden is only being diplomatic but do not mistake it for weakness. Russia cannot at any time withstand America in a conventional warfare how be it with the support of NATO.

Russia is willing to lose all to win but UK can't afford such loses to their citizens, na lawsuits go finish them.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by ObamaMessi: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ghengiskhan:

You ain't smart enough to understand what he said.U.S withdrew their forces before Taliban took over.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by PartnerusIsBack: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Putin is power hungry and it might not end we for him..

Yes his advisers aren't doing a good job. He is tactically playing into the hands of the Western powers he so much detastes. There is a military adage which says, be careful when your tactical approach seems to be going too smoothly cause you just might be walking into the enemies trap.

Putin is about to test the super powers of the unified Western allies.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
PartnerusIsBack:

Yes his advisers aren't doing a good job. He is tactically playing into the hands of the Western powers he so much detastes. There is a military adage which says, be careful when your tactical approach seems to be going too smoothly cause you just might be walking into the enemies trap.

Putin is about to test the super powers of the unified Western allies.
I hope he does at least that's gonna teach him some lessons..I wonder why most nairalanders keep supporting and clamouring for him..
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by PartnerusIsBack: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I hope he does at least that's gonna teach him some lessons..I wonder why most nairalanders keep supporting and clamouring for him..

Most of them don't understand international politics. Some sentiments were born out of hatred for US due to its embassies denying them visas and then they take it personal. Some others are influenced by religious sentiments and sees the west as a Jewish dominated zone and the rest. In all, Putin knows he can't fight NATO as a whole.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
PartnerusIsBack:

Most of them don't understand international politics. Some sentiments were born out of hatred for US due to its embassies denying them visas and then they take it personal. Some others are influenced by religious sentiments and sees the west as a Jewish dominated zone and the rest. In all, Putin knows he can't fight NATO as a whole.
Can you imagine..
cheesy
People can be really weird..
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by mightyhaze: 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
A non nuclear war?
The UK cannot invade Russia on its own. It is doubtful that they could do it with the aid of all of NATO: Russia still has the advantages of defense in depth that geography gives it.

Russia can try to invade the UK but the odds are that it would have a lot of ships sunk and aircraft shot down trying. They don’t have a staging post to launch the invasion closer than their home territory and distance makes launching an invasion harder. That’s the UK’s equivalent of defence in depth.

Both nations can do a lot of damage to each other’s homelands with non-nucle :Dar weapons. The UK would take more damage from fuel air explosives launched at our cities… But Russia has less wealth and less capacity to recover from serious damage to its major cities.

It would end in a stupid draw just like the War of 1812..if it's a nuclear war then both country will go down in drain...it's unimaginable seriously.. cheesy
where u copy this thing u paste here? Which one be our city? U be British? cheesy
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
mightyhaze:
where u copy this thing u paste here? Which one be our city? U be British? cheesy
Space.. undecided kiss
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Cantonese: 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
NigeriaNawa:

This is not the second world war, there are dangerous weapons now that can vaporise whole army divisions.

Very correct, but there will not be a direct war between nuclear powers. No one will be alive to tell the story the day after.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by mightyhaze: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
oskopy:
I pity NATO for this will be opportunity for God to pay them for all the evil they committed during Biafra war against the south east.
Ordinary Biafra stood their ground against your Nato for 3 years rigged war, I see Britain and America loose their powers.
Egyptian manned Russian illyushins were the game changers in the biafran war
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by a4cube: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
Karmaisme:
I want to see what NATO will do in the event Russia invade Ukraine.
I just don't want China to get themselve involved.
NATO can't do Nada other than to supply weapons. UKRAINE is not a Nato member.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by a4cube: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
PartnerusIsBack:

When Putin Russia went to defend Syria against Western allies, did he go with any ally?
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by NigeriaNawa: 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
SUPERPACK:

The US left Afghanistan because mission accomplished. If they wanted to wipe out the whole country they could, but what would be the point? None.

They left the Taliban to run their affairs since 85% of the people support them. Let them have the paradise they so yearn for.
Re: We Kicked Russia's Backside Before... We Can Do It Again': UK Defence Secretary by Sanni45(m): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And you think Russia ain't smart or don't have any weapon like that..
Does it even matter if it's world war..I am talking about Russia's will power and strength..
On serious note. One against many isn't a fair fight for Russia. Russia should be rational.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola Begs God To Bring Tinubu Down / Isyaku Rabiu, The C.E.O Of IRS Airlines Joins League Of Obi Northern Supporters / Should Women Rule Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.