Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment (39328 Views)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lightorder:
3 months still left Is that what you have to say ? I often wonder what you Nigerians smoke before advising somebody.

Help him to hire the best lawyer. Don't just type and log off.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by wirinet(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
armyofone:

If he has the money to fight, I doubt the op would have been here. It cost huge money to fight Landlords in Nigeria. Where should he start from? Landlord already tip off the police that would have helped him.
You want him to fight the corrupt systems? How ?
It is not by keyboards alone, you know.

It's not that expensive except he gets a high profile lawyer. I took the police to court earlier this year for illegally seizing my car. The whole case lasted two weeks after which the Nigerian police was ordered to release my car.

We must learn to start fighting for our rights. It will discourage further abuse in the future.

When I had a similar case, my landlady bribed the DPO who was forcing me to settle the case out of court. I took the case to Panti and they were forced to arraign the case to court.

Once the case gets to court, the landlord would spend a lot of money bail, lawyer and the legal process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by torqque7(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
CoolAmbience:

I dey sabi handle this kind landlord...

One landlord tried that shit with me in the past....I ended up staying for a year and half in his apartment for free, plus him begging people close to me to appeal to me.

The funny part be say na him even carry me go court.....Lol.

For ur mind now u won abi?staying for more than 1year for free and happily opening mouth to say it here as ur achievement in life ontop person sweat lol..guy u lucky say u get gentle landlord wey give u chance. And just so u know what goes around comes around..u sef person go robb u of ur hard earned money no worry na just normal law of universe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by jaxxy(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:
I made a post about a month ago on Nairaland about my landlord. He gave me a quit notice when my rent is yet to due, we have not been in good terms, I was rest assured that I still have three months left so no need to panic.

I got home now and saw carpenters removing the roof of my apartment with two abled young men which I haven't seen their face before, the roof of my apartment has been removed now.

I went to the nearby station to lodge a complain but I was told the man had come earlier, and told the police has giving me quit notice that he wants to renovate his house.

It's really a hard time for me and my siblings, getting a quick accomodation. He never informed us of renovating the apartment, I just lost my job last week and this is happening to me again.

My life is in a mess right now as I don't know where to start from, this is just a challenge for me and I will stay stronger and fight this battle till the end, probably God is preparing me for a better place ahead....

He can’t renovate the house until ur rent expires and he has to give u 3/6months notice.

Get a lawyer and take him to court. He’s not the only landlord in Lagos.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by colestephan86: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
WIC useless human rights? Nah human rights build d house for the man.Somebody told u he don't want u again/give a quit note but mbanu! U still Sidon in d house dey pick beans cook..We Nigerians are stubborn sad until force is applied,we won't shake/moved
You are talking out if ignorance, yes the house belongs to the land lord but he didn't scale the fence to come stay in the house.
I am talking to u from Lagos, the last time a landlady tried that with me, they knew what I did to them
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
armyofone:

Help him to hire the best lawyer. Don't just type and log off.
Oga , advice is not by force. In a case like this , just jump and pass . I can’t stand any form of cowardice . I am sorry if I am harsh
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lightorder:
Oga , advice is not by force. In a case like this , just jump and pass

Tell him to fight. Don't forget to join him to fight the landlord too. Two heads are better than one.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
armyofone:

Tell him to fight. Don't forget to join him to fight the landlord too. Two heads are better than one.
no head is better than 10 empty heads. I drop my case
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by greatness77: 9:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
I need the receipt and house address.I wan see the landlord
2016 event it was through there someone offered me house to stay with zero rent, op needs enough evidence to convince us

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Drdreluv: 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
nick50:
Strong men like us will sleep inside dat house like dat even if he demolish am we go sleep 4 ground
Mosquito never deal wit u before and snake lalala

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Mayeldah(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Find a way to leave that house

It's better not to drag rent issues with some evil landlords even when they give you quit notice months ahead

You loosing you job now may not be unconnected with this issue

Run!!!
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
hardbody:

You just sounded irresponsible and careless. This guy is complaining he has issues. Meanwhile a yearly tenant is entitled to 6months notice and at the expiration of that notice the landlord has no right to enter his property and remove his roof. He should be able to get injunctive reliefs in court and also sue for exemplary damages. Dont even start arguing with me, your type shouldn't be making comments in the public space.
Have you asked of the tenancy agreement??

You guys will be running around with the tenancy law without recourse to the tenancy agreement.

Na where una go waste una money finish still lose case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chukwuibuipob: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
sad Young man, madness pass madness in this Lagos.There are landlords u can't try Ur werepe with.Make I stop here
colestephan86:

You are talking out if ignorance, yes the house belongs to the land lord but he didn't scale the fence to come stay in the house.
I am talking to u from Lagos, the last time a landlady tried that with me, they knew what I did to them
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lightorder:
no head is better than 10 empty heads. I drop my case

Two great heads are better than a sandy head. I drop your case.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chukwuibuipob: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
sad Dnt mind the yeye thing.See the pic of the rooftop he show us.See the wall.What about his belongings sad?. Somebody waka around and snap incomplete building and show us grin grin.
greatness77:
2016 event it was through there someone offered me house to stay with zero rent, op needs enough evidence to convince us

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
brainhgeek:

If the law won't help, it's an invitation to take laws into ones hands. There was a standing agreement between the young man and the landlord. His rent is not due yet. The landlord is just being wicked and deserve no fair treatment......except this is not the full story and the poster is hiding some truth. Reason why I asked what reasons the landlord have on the quit notice
How did you know his rent is not due?
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

So because someone is owing 1 year or 10 years, the landlord should resort to self help?
Maybe we should close the courts and disband the police so we can a resort to jungle justice.
So because the landlord is taking it cool and gentle with you, you decide to take the landlord's gentility for cowardice.

Why not help him sue the landlord to court since e sure for you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Omolego:
[last year ,it happened to a friend of mine, his landlord gave him quit notice to evacuate with
4 days on a remainder of 5 months rent available on the fact he wanted to renovate, and he lost his job, the landlord used padlock to relock his apartment and then used police to embarrass this struggling graduate, wel he took his stuffs sold most cheaply and started qiatting, to God who helped him within 6 month, he got a new govt job, rented a 3 bedroom,fully furnished and his living large.
the landlord died few weeks from Aids, and neevr renovated his apartment ]. in essence things might seem gloomy, sell some things gain cash, squat with a friend and I believe everything would eventually sort itself... Jah is your strength.
President, Manufacturer of Fake Stories in Nigeria, I hail you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by ibinaboonline: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
You aren’t telling the full story.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Dmores: 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Surely the lord is preparing you for a better place,just be strong bro, Jesus is your strength
quote author=yemite100 post=110477387]I made a post about a month ago on Nairaland about my landlord. He gave me a quit notice when my rent is yet to due, we have not been in good terms, I was rest assured that I still have three months left so no need to panic.

I got home now and saw carpenters removing the roof of my apartment with two abled young men which I haven't seen their face before, the roof of my apartment has been removed now.

I went to the nearby station to lodge a complain but I was told the man had come earlier, and told the police has giving me quit notice that he wants to renovate his house.

It's really a hard time for me and my siblings, getting a quick accomodation. He never informed us of renovating the apartment, I just lost my job last week and this is happening to me again.

My life is in a mess right now as I don't know where to start from, this is just a challenge for me and I will stay stronger and fight this battle till the end, probably God is preparing me for a better place ahead....[/quote]
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chucklesclothin(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:
I made a post about a month ago on Nairaland about my landlord. He gave me a quit notice when my rent is yet to due, we have not been in good terms, I was rest assured that I still have three months left so no need to panic.

My life is in a mess right now as I don't know where to start from, this is just a challenge for me and I will stay stronger and fight this battle till the end, probably God is preparing me for a better place ahead....
. Never give up stay strong brother
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by MrOwonikoko: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
AmigoDeDon:
Human beings are unpredictable….

How much is the Opay POS?

Abeg buy OPAY pos
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by nachisunday(m): 10:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Its well my brother! Keep on praying and never loose hope,
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Prettychild(f): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:

Get a lawyer, make sure you snap the house without the roof. You can make money from this. Let the lawyer sue on your behalf. Where do you reside
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by princewarri1985: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
No landlord will dare that with me, the lanlord saw you as a simp and that is why he is ridding on you. Those 2 idiot wey get mind climb go up dey remove the roof na me for take start, you go first zip one back first so that their mind go dey well
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by toyinkin(m): 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
I wish you're not far from me, I would have give you these space to use....
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Talk2nanro(m): 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:

There you are soliciting for pity, when you are not in good terms with your landlord, your landlord is an authority over you and should be respected or you can simply pack out. This is one of the reason some people formally doing well packs into a new compound and suddenly become poor ( onye fe eze, eze eruo ya ) people that are always fighting with their landlords, will never be landlords.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Aaaoo: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Inspirer1: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
kingphilip:

Very wicked set of people.

Someone is owing over 1 year and only paid for 1 month after pleading with him for over two months.

If to say I get money, na this landlord way I for follow.

Carry me go any court or whatever defender na there we go open tenancy law show them say tenancy agreement supercedes whatever they are trying to bring in.
And we don't even collect agreement and commission fees from them o, they pay only house rent as new tenants, yet that's not enough motivation not to owe subsequent rents, to pay on time and be polite. It's this type of landlord that fits them. Wicked human beings... They make you regret being nice and considerate as a Nigerian..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by PastorFire: 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:

Be strong brother. The spirit that lives in a man is with you.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Inspirer1:

And we don't even collect agreement and commission fees from them o, they pay only house rent as new tenants, yet that's not enough motivation not to owe subsequent rents, to pay on time and be polite. It's this type of landlord that fits them. Wicked human beings... They make you regret being nice and considerate as a Nigerian..
The worst of them is you'll plead and plead for them to even be paying you one month current and one month outstanding they'll tell you okay but it is after two months they'll bring money for two months and the outstanding will still remain.

Wetin de save them be say money no de to change zinc, I for commot the old one make we go the useless court

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by CoolAmbience(m): 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
torqque7:

For ur mind now u won abi?staying for more than 1year for free and happily opening mouth to say it here as ur achievement in life ontop person sweat lol..guy u lucky say u get gentle landlord wey give u chance. And just so u know what goes around comes around..u sef person go robb u of ur hard earned money no worry na just normal law of universe.

If you aren't a low IQ individual, you would have attempted to ask what my landlord did?

It is unfortunate people like you that think building a house gives you the right to dehumanize others.

Perhaps, countries should start 'seizing' citizens of other countries that owe them.

So, going to take the roof off someone's head, on the strength of a mere quit notice, is justifiable abi?

Landlords can take rent in advance for 12 or 24 months...but can't condone being owed for a single month?

You are not okay at all. What useless law of universe are you talking about?

When court clear the guy say if them analyse him actions, na him suppose pay me compensation....nobody advice am to make U-turn.

You didn't even try to get an idea what the landlord did, and you are talking about the law of universe....your sense of judgement certainly is terrible!

Dem tell you say any judge go just 'pat you for back' for not paying your rent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / 10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.