Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions (365 Views)

Russian Cosmonauts & U.S Astronauts Fight In Space Over Ukraine War (Photos) / Elvira Nabiullina Wants To Resign Over Ukraine, Putin Says No / Saudi Arabia & UAE Leaders Rejects President Biden's Call Over Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by zaddyboy(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
Russia will give a “strong” response to US sanctions against Moscow over the latter’s Ukraine steps, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

“There should be no doubt - the sanctions will be given a strong response, not necessarily symmetrical, but verified and sensitive for the American side,” state news agency TASS cited the ministry as saying.

US President Joe Biden announced on Tuesday the “first tranche” of sanctions against Russia for what he described as “the beginning of a Russian invasion of Ukraine."
This came after Russia’s parliament approved President Vladimir Putin’s request to use military force outside the country, formalizing the deployment of Russian troops to separatist regions in eastern Ukraine, a day after he recognized their independence.
The Russian ministry said: “Despite the obvious futility of the efforts made over the years to hinder the development of our economy, the US is once again reflexively grasping at restrictive instruments that are ineffective and counterproductive from the point of view of American interests.”

“Sanctions pressure is not capable of affecting our determination to firmly defend our interests,” the ministry added, describing the American sanctions as a stereotypical move “of a unipolar world with a false conviction that the US is still entitled and can impose its own rules of the world order on everyone.”

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Cozbymaster97(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Russia I shake my head for una!
Country about to collapse
Remaining SWIFT ban

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Cozbymaster97:
Remaining SWIFT ban
There is nothing America can do to Russia. Russia has been under sanctions and it has no effect. The only way Americans can hurt Russia is by going to war with Russia and no one will come out victorious.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by thundafire: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingpin1000:

There is nothing America can do to Russia. Russia has been under sanctions and it has no effect. The only way Americans can hurt Russia is by going to war with Russia and no one will come out victorious.
it seems u don't know USA. Do u think USA having bases around the world is for joke? Alaska is closer to Russia than Russia to USA oh. So wen the war starts it's NATO vs Russia and I have been expecting China to talk now the understand better

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Cozbymaster97(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Na you talk am o!
Me I can’t ague with you.
You are not Russia
Am not America

You don’t need to be told this is all round sanctions from UK, EU, US
How do you deal with that?
Or Can China alone buy Russia resources?
Think

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by seunny4lif(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Cozbymaster97:
Remaining SWIFT ban
Maybe you don’t know Russia already prepared for this since 2014
They have already created their own version of SWIFT.
It’s might not yet linked to all banks but it’s been used by Iran and China already.
There is even massive protests going on in Italy now against high cost of gas.
Since morning, all high way roads where blocked

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by mysticwarrior(m): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
thundafire:
it seems u don't know USA. Do u think USA having bases around the world is for joke? Alaska is closer to Russia than Russia to USA oh. So wen the war starts it's NATO vs Russia and I have been expecting China to talk now the understand better

This is not about having military bases around the world, during WWII Britain and France had the largest empire as at then, with military bases station at all their imperial provinces, but the Germans crushed the French so easily that even the british were terrified to march against the Germans.

Let me quickly remind you that Russia has been planning the invasion of Ukraine since 2014, the Russians are also aware that an invasion of Ukraine may trigger another world war.

Germany wouldn't want another war with Russia, the British cowards can't stand Russia, and do you think the US would want to risk the lives of their citizens for Ukraine?

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
thundafire:
When things start to go south many NATO nations will want to renegotiate. I have said it in this dispensation you can only invade a Nation that is far weaker than you. Forget all those missile defrnce system. If per adventure Russian and NATO soldiers are fighting in Ukraine close to the Russian border and a NATO soldier trying to throw a grenade mistakenly throws over the Russian side of the border
Putin will face all His nuclear warhead towards America and press that Tiny little red button.
The US and NATO know this, all this Sanctions is just bluff

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
seunny4lif:

Maybe zou don’t know Russia already prepared for this since 2014
They have already created their own version of SWIFT.
It’s might not yet linked to all banks but it’s been used by Iran and China already.
There is even massive protests going on in Italy now against high cost of gas.
Since morning, all high way roads where blocked

Bro there problemnis they listen to too much western propaganda more than the otherside.
They forget that the best hackers are the Russians and North Koreans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Jackanda1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
If the sanctions are ineffective, why do you plan to respond to them.grin

Putin keep decieving yourself grin
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by yusuf0876(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Bro there problemnis they listen to too much western propaganda more than the otherside.
They forget that the best hackers are the Russians and North Koreans.
its all mere propaganda,even Iran that's not a mighty country the sanctions did affect them but as we read from western media, i still checked countries with highest production and exportation of pms,Iran is still between 1-10

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Jackanda1:
If the sanctions are ineffective, why do you plan to respond to them.grin

Putin keep decieving yourself grin

He will respond because He is Putin. If He doesn't respond, you'll say He has been defeated by the sanctions.
You will see His response
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by udemzyudex(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hahahaha... What can they do?

Funny,oh by chasing US diplomat out of Russia?
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by udemzyudex(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingpin1000:

He will respond because He is Putin. If He doesn't respond, you'll say He has been defeated by the sanctions.
You will see His response

Which yeye response,is this the first time Russia is been sanctioned?
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by thundafire: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kingpin1000:

When things start to go south many NATO nations will want to renegotiate. I have said it in this dispensation you can only invade a Nation that is far weaker than you. Forget all those missile defrnce system. If per adventure Russian and NATO soldiers are fighting in Ukraine close to the Russian border and a NATO soldier trying to throw a grenade mistakenly throws over the Russian side of the border
Putin will face all His nuclear warhead towards America and press that Tiny little red button.
The US and NATO know this, all this Sanctions is just bluff
nobody will use nuclear weapons until someone strikes first. So u think is nuclear submarine and other classified bases they have are for joke
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by olugabbie(m): 12:43am On Feb 24, 2022
Cozbymaster97:
Remaining SWIFT ban

I will love it if the US remove Russia from SWIFT.

Russia will continue to trading, whether she is removed from SWIFT or not. She has created her own payment system. They call it MIR. Several countries have already plugged in to this payment system.

The MIR system was introduced in Armenia and South Ossetia in 2018, and in 2019 it was introduced in Abkhazia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan. In 2021, MIR was launched in United Arab Emirates. Bulgaria and Thailand are expected to follow, according to Central Bank of Russia. It was also being tested in the UK and in South Korea.

So any country that want to do business with Russia will has to use the Russian made payment systems.

Although in a short term, if Russia is unplugged from SWIFT, it will affect her economy negatively. But in a long term, we will end up having two, three or more payment systems. The Chinese will definitely create their own too.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 4:42am On Feb 24, 2022
thundafire:
nobody will use nuclear weapons until someone strikes first. So u think is nuclear submarine and other classified bases they have are for joke
Did America take permission from anybody when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Or you think Russia will.wait for America to strike them first.
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by thundafire: 6:42am On Feb 24, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Did America take permission from anybody when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Or you think Russia will.wait for America to strike them first.
that time even the American never knew how deadly the bombs will be and have u heard of any atomic bomb attack again? So with plutonium bombs and other types of classified atomic bombs no country will want to use it 1st because using it 1st means ur country will be in ruins
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by Kingpin1000: 7:10am On Feb 24, 2022
thundafire:
that time even the American never knew how deadly the bombs will be and have u heard of any atomic bomb attack again? So with plutonium bombs and other types of classified atomic bombs no country will want to use it 1st because using it 1st means ur country will be in ruins
Why would you say no country will want to use it first. Do you know the advantages of Nuking your enemies first. It cripples your enemies and put the fear of God in other challengers
Re: Russia Vows ‘strong’ Response To US ‘ineffective’ Sanctions Over Ukraine Actions by thundafire: 7:52am On Feb 24, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Why would you say no country will want to use it first. Do you know the advantages of Nuking your enemies first. It cripples your enemies and put the fear of God in other challengers
no country will use it read documentary on Hiroshima and Nagasaki till date the effect is there

(1) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Is Facing Stiffer Opposition Than Expected -- Both Inside And Out / Russia's Judo Kick To The Western Financial Gut / Ukraine: Russia Warns The West: Russia Will Emerge Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.