Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. (807 Views)

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / Sometimes You Need To Step Backward To Jump Higher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
OK, so what? cheesy
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by killyaselfie: 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Remman:
Well fed with cow dungs as your watery brain sits on a waste pit...!

The vitriol!!! It’s not my fault that Dog bit God. Why are you insulting me?
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by elated177: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
Workch:

A whole lotta years ago, some caveman just had his whole fucking head bitten off by a tiger or bear or some shit, and other cavemen looked at this and went "well shit, that thing is a god, let's worship it." After a while of what was now the first ever religion, the tiger or bear or whatever just straight up died, or someone murdered it to death, and everyone looked at it and was like "well Bleep, guess that wasn't a god."

Then someone looked at a bird and went "well flying clearly is impossible, and that thing can fly, so it must be a god." And then like a cat ate the bird and so they were all like "okay, that wasn't god either."

Exodus 20: 4 You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, YHVH your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Workch:

Then the gods lived on mountains and in caves, until someone went up onto the mountains and into the caves and said "nope, no gods."

Then the gods lived across the oceans and on the clouds, until someone crossed the oceans and looked at the clouds and again, no gods.

1 Kings 20::23 Meanwhile, the officials of the king of Aram advised him, “Their gods are gods of the hills. That is why they were too strong for us. But if we fight them on the plains, surely we will be stronger than they. 24 Do this: Remove all the kings from their commands and replace them with other officers. 25 You must also raise an army like the one you lost—horse for horse and chariot for chariot—so we can fight Israel on the plains. Then surely we will be stronger than they.” He agreed with them and acted accordingly.

1 Kings 20: 28 The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, “This is what YHVH says: ‘Because the Arameans think YHVH is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am YHVH.’” 29 For seven days they camped opposite each other, and on the seventh day the battle was joined. The Israelites inflicted a hundred thousand casualties on the Aramean foot soldiers in one day. 30 The rest of them escaped to the city of Aphek, where the wall collapsed on twenty-seven thousand of them. And Ben-Hadad fled to the city and hid in an inner room.

Amos 4: 13 He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind,who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth— YHVH God Almighty is his name.

Deuteronomy 30: 11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

Psalm 104: 3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.

Workch:

Then the gods lived in the stars and the heavens, until someone did some maths and realised the stars and the heavens were balls of gas and rock floating about and shit.

The gods used to control the tides and the winds, the thunder and the rain, the flow of rivers and the formation of mountains. Now we can explain all of that.

Deut 4: 19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things YHVH your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Amos 4: 13 He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind,who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth— YHVH God Almighty is his name.

Isaiah 40: 25 “To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Revelation 10: 3 and he gave a loud shout like the roar of a lion. When he shouted, the voices of the seven thunders spoke. 4 And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down.”

Workch:

Gods now live nowhere, they live in some alternate plane that we can never access. They don't control the tides and the winds directly, but they positioned the atoms correctly so that the tides and the winds would happen naturally. They don't come down from the sky on flaming chariots, but instead you can just sort of feel them in your heart, and occasionally they make some teams good enough at football than other team makes the playoffs this year.

Psalm 104 : 1 Praise YHVH, my soul. YHVH my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. 2 YHVH wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent 3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. 4 He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants. 5 He sets the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. 6 You covered it with the watery depths as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. 7 But at your rebuke the waters fled, at the sound of your thunder they took to flight; 8 they flowed over the mountains, they went down into the valleys, to the place you assigned for them. 9 You set a boundary they cannot cross, never again will they cover the earth.

Isaiah 40: 12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?

Isaiah 40: 22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. 23 He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
24 No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.

Workch:

'God' is a term people use to not have to think about things they can't explain, and every time someone else sits down and explains something, their god has one less place to be, one less thing to do. Now, some of the most famous explanations for what god must have done revolve around the fact that the whole fucking universe started and even though we know how, we don't quite know why yet, and so that 'why' must be 'a god', just like every other 'why' ever asked has at some point been 'goddidit'.

I can only talk about my own God. I can't speak for others and whoever or whatever it is they worship.

You know zilch about how the universe started. To the ordinary person, what you are doing here is ordinary and are just the rants and rambles of an ignoramus. Nothing could be further from the truth. You know very well what you are doing. You have a narrative that you are yearning so desperately to push forward, espouse and expound. Why not present whatever it is you are offering as an alternative, lay them side by side and let your readers consider them and choose for themselves?
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by Workch: 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Wilddove:
The evidence that God exist is the fact that you are always talking about him. You are unrest without talking about him; if he does not exist why waste your time writing about him? I mean something that's not real yet you spend most of your time debunking, and convincing people to stop worshipping %your% coherently self- termed imaginable god.
God does'nt exist yet you critisize and accuse him for genocide, slave trade, etc. Apparently the rationales for denying the existence of God is based on the context of your compass view, so any happenings or events contrary to the supposed ordination(in your view) is absurd, and that forms the theory for your arguments and suppositions.
The bible portrays and refers to God as a mercyful, lovely, omniscience, and omnipotent being, and because the scenarior we found ourselves in does not corelate or align to the titles ascribed to him means he does'nt exist! That's folly. Seek him diligently.
this evidence can also apply to Zeus

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by elated177: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2022
Workch, cat got your tongue?
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2022
Remman:
Well, this is an atheist's view of God.

Elon Musk once said, there are no UFOs. But there are UFOs. You can't really prove the nonexistence of God based on your assumption of mystical gods. The gods, i mean the real God is a man of great secret. There's a reason why technology came after the birth of Jesus Christ. The world existed for ages but within just 2000 years after Jesus Christ's birth and transition, the world calendar changed as well as the improvement of science and technology. Jesus is light and among all other mystic gods, only Jesus came to claim the creation of the entire planet and universe. He told his followers that if he tells them about the things of heaven (UFO related), they won't understand. Even Elijah travelled into space via a UFO. Many people has proven the existence of UFOs (beings with speed of light) abilities who have no direct interest with human affairs but wants humans to worship them as gods. Freemansons & Illuminatis worship space gods with their triangle (trinity) figure

You are thoroughly misinformed.
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by elated177: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2022
Lay out what you have as alternatives. Let your readers consider them and decide for themselves. Forget about the Scriptures and whatever they say or do not say, present your alternatives, workch.
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by Remman(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2022
LordReed:

You are thoroughly misinformed.
you don't even have a point which shows you're looking for someone to argue or quarel with. You just missed.
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2022
Remman:
you don't even have a point which shows you're looking for someone to argue or quarel with. You just missed.

Not looking to argue with you but to point out that what you wrote is thoroughly misinformed.
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by Remman(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
LordReed:

Not looking to argue with you but to point out that what you wrote is thoroughly misinformed.
you said so without proof. Do you know what that makes you? Lol... Let me not validate your empty arguement intention! Guy, you missed again.
Re: Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. by LordReed(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
Remman:
you said so without proof. Do you know what that makes you? Lol... Let me not validate your empty arguement intention! Guy, you missed again.

I do have proof, wanna see it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Make It To Heaven / Iran Will Attack Israel In March To Trigger A Global Conflict / Requirement Of A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.