Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia (49941 Views)

Russia Mocks U.S, Biden & The West Over "Fake" Claims Of Ukraine Invasion (Pics) / "We Will Not Send Troops To Rescue Americans In Ukraine" - Biden Warns / Afghan Women Scream ‘The Taliban Are Coming' As They Beg Troops To Save Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by DoggoneDogg: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
hayoholla:

Yes, I erred implying Ukraine was a member, I wanted to say an ally, cos their application is still pending, one of the more reason I believe USA is still holding back. And if youre being patient enough, by not jumping to conclusion because of your love for putin, or because you think Russia of her military strength, you'll understand that Russia is trying to provoke USA to act. Thats all that it is, that's why Biden rather toe the path of using sanctions, instead of a reprisal attack that will lead to an all out war. Please read in between the lines.

And by the way, its just you and your opinion on the matter, same as mine. So don't form oversabi for matter wey u know even understand all the backstory undecided
[/s]

But if you can defeat Russia does their intention still matter??

If a kid misbehaves around me, I will discipline him because he misbehaved not because he deliberately sought to annoy me.

If I can't then I'm afraid of him. Shikena
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by suffering: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yeah, whatever.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Powersurge: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Powersurge your almighty has dodged another bullet. I told you nothing special about this your US na them lazy pass.

This is not news. US, EU have all being saying no boots in Ukraine. When Ukraine president had meeting with them, they told him point blank. Some EU members agreeed to send him weapons, that was all.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Gainman: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
Elsueno:

Bros, have u looked at the map lately, Russia no be small like Iran & north Korea woh.....what is needed currently is how to de-escalate d situation...cause if Russia swallows Ukraine I don't think sanctions would affect it much, it's arguable d strongest country after U.S in d world. And NATO is useless without U.S.A, them all small fries.

anyways, as Nigeria this is good for us, we can sell expensive crude & finance our railway & military weapons acquisition, dis might sound in humane but dis war is good for Nigeria grin
we go see if sanctions against Russians will not them. Sanctions no be immediate action nah
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Funflipper: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
We said long ago that any nation putting its trust in Mystery Babylon aka rotten apple aka Nomerica, is doing so at its own risk.

Nomerica is Weak and with a weak leadership.Nomerica needs Help ! Her Spiritual fall is done and dusted! It's Physical fall is very close. It's fall will be Colossal!
Any Nation that puts trust will sink!

Her cup of Iniquity is Full and Over flowing
Nomerica is Ichabod! The Glory is Departed! It's Judgement! Judgement! Judgement!

Did devil punish you?
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Funflipper: 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
gypsey:
Obiden did, he said they would fight Putin if they have to on live TV.

Obiden
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Thomist(m): 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't expect US to tell you they're sending troops. In case you don't know, US troops are already in Ukraine. Their statement is just a military tactics to woe Russian invasion and meet their end point.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by 27Pushing30: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
DDNGNG:
Putin should attack a NATO country let me check something...

Estonia is next ... at least they’re already in NATO

Be patient lol
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by 27Pushing30: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Thomist:
Don't expect US to tell you they're sending troops. In case you don't know, US troops are already in Ukraine. Their statement is just a military tactics to woe Russian invasion and meet their end point.

No US troops in Ukraine

Stop deceiving yourself ... US diplomats no even dey ukraine

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Blackdisciple(m): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Naso o..

America is a loser.

If Kiev fight with their last blood, then they'll win the monster called Russia

Kiev can't do shit ... Russia issa federation and one time world power ( USSR )

I just hope Putin stops here...
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by IgOga(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
WriterNig:
@MSNBC

Sora fobirin o grin grin grin

Sorry Ukraine you are on your own....these same guys....Ambassador Nulan invited you to explore NATO membership....I remember her at Maidan saying "F* EU" Now Biden had given Putin the green light to rape your country
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
DDNGNG:
Putin should attack a NATO country let me check something...

Shut up! That's how you guys have been running your mouth on this forum
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by ttmacoy: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
I disagree, this is the right approach. If soldiers are needed it should come from NATO and European countries with the US supporting not the US leading.

The US just spent 20 years in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it, and in 5 or 10 years time no one will remember it Putin that invaded, the narrative will be why did the US go to Ukraine

Russia is a bigger threat to European nations so they should commit and lead and the US support. Even Germany was refusing to criticize until recently trying to placate Putin due to dependence on gas. Didn't the US tell them not to go ahead with Nord Stream 2 a few years ago and they ignored and went ahead with Russia increasing the risk and dependence on Russia and Putin?

Also claiming Kiev will win Russia is delusional, why didn't they take back Crimea that Putin took a few years ago? Why are they so dependent on US and NATO for defense if they are able to beat Russia by themselves as you claim? They can't even fund their military without US aid.

BigTableShaker:
Naso o..

America is a loser.

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Krismas(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
WriterNig:
@MSNBC

grin It does not matter. Its in moments like dis u know Europe is different from America. Europe will soon speak about this Putin war on Europe. That’s wot am waiting for. In WW1 and WW2 America join the wars late. Europe always take the lead in this matter
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Ekaka1(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
We said long ago that any nation putting its trust in Mystery Babylon aka rotten apple aka Nomerica, is doing so at its own risk.

Nomerica is Weak and with a weak leadership.Nomerica needs Help ! Her Spiritual fall is done and dusted! It's Physical fall is very close. It's fall will be Colossal!
Any Nation that puts trust will sink!

Her cup of Iniquity is Full and Over flowing
Nomerica is Ichabod! The Glory is Departed! It's Judgement! Judgement! Judgement!
How do you even do it...all these your barefaced hypocrisy...you're all over NL ..I mean literally everywhere here...reading obscenities and commenting, I suspect you wish there was even an open po.rn site here...next thing you're prophesying Armageddon or blindly supporting a faction against the other ....and the sort of name-calling you do here as you always try to politicize your faith is nothing but an exposure of how shallow you are in matters of faith....I have seen most of your post, no humility, no fruit of the spirit , no empathy always sounding doom and gloom in your messages. No love , shallow theology and exergesis and you're so poorly educated about global matters yet you're here everyday typing away ignorantly ...na wao shocked sad

2 Likes

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
tonididdy:

Trust me dude, the West and Nato together do not want a war with Russia.
It's a fact that has being proven repeatedly otherwise what stops Nato from offering Ukraine a deal?
Add Ukraine to nato and send your troops into Ukraine to defend her borders.
Why isn't nato doing this?... Well as things seem, they are no match for Russia.
The fear is that Putin Russia is mysterious, nobody knows what they have and are capable of doing.
To think he gave a stern warning against any interference in his war, if you are a reasonable presido you will back down grin
The manner at which putting gradually turned this into a full blown invasion is a mystery to even the West.
It was a smack in the face.

Putin is a psycho... How many presidents can drive a dangote truck at over 200mph grin answer: onlae putin grin
And you think others are not mysterious.
Wait and See. U may be shocked when people start unveiling theirs, including Nigeria
U think other nations are ladened with Fools.
Sometimes people wait and allow others begin a History and also take responsibility for the calamity thereafter.
Now RUSSIANS are protesting.
They know what's coming.
U can't fight Crowd not to talk of a United Crowd built over years.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Basicend: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Joejonah:
This Joe Biden is a very weak man.
The world miss Donald triumph

Trump na Putin puppet too. .

America dey think very well before responding or stepping on Russia. . He get reasons.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by LikeAking: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Na Putin be Man.

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by brandsoncharlie: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ikem11:
So Ukraine on your own? This life no balance at all... They push you to war and abandon you.
I said it here earlier that Putin will attack Ukraine and nothing will happen..
The west are war monger but only the wise can depict that.
They will push you to war and leave you to your faith in the mist of everything.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by mysticwarrior(m): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

I said it here earlier that Putin will attack Ukraine and nothing will happen..
The west are war monger but only the wise can depict that.
They will push you to war and leave you to your faith in the mist of everything.
fact, the truth is bitter.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by brandsoncharlie: 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Wait and See. U may be shocked when people start unveiling theirs, including Nigeria
Sometimes people wait and allow others begin a History and also take responsibility for the calamity thereafter.
They know what's coming.
Which crowd? What did we see in Taiwan, Hong Kong.
My friend rest you don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by tonididdy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

They know what's coming.

grin grin grin grin clown �
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by brandsoncharlie: 10:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
Krismas:
grin It does not matter. Its in moments like dis u know Europe is different from America. Europe will soon speak about this Putin war on Europe. That’s wot am waiting for. In WW1 and WW2 America join the wars late. Europe always take the lead in this matter
You're sitting in your room talking what you don't know, you're comparing then and now.
Do you know the nuclear might of first world countries now? That's why the US is taking caution in the case of Russia..
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by 24brains(m): 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
GreatrAnalyst:
Looks like a foolish decision, especially to many ignorant ones right here, but that's actually what's best to do.

1. Not all wars or battles are yours to fight. There are wars you win by avoiding them.
2. The war of 21st century is war of supremacy of economy. Any world power that goes into war these days won't recover economically for decades to come. Germany is still paying for the foolishness of Adolf Hitler for plunging the world into WW2
3. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia doesn't concern US directly. Ukraine has never joined NATO officially. The best bet would be NATO against Russia(had it been Ukraine already belongs to NATO)
jeez... goodness me!!! this move is exactly the best option to avoid WW3. world leaders have learnt not to repeat the mistakes that result to world wars.

"if a mad man steal your clothes while bathing and you go about naked chasing the mad man, who among the two of you will people tag MAD?"

putin is playing a script

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by tonididdy(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
ttmacoy:
I disagree, this is the right approach. If soldiers are needed it should come from NATO and European countries with the US supporting not the US leading.

The US just spent 20 years in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it, and in 5 or 10 years time no one will remember it Putin that invaded, the narrative will be why did the US go to Ukraine

Russia is a bigger threat to European nations so they should commit and lead and the US support. Even Germany was refusing to criticize until recently trying to placate Putin due to dependence on gas. Didn't the US tell them not to go ahead with Nord Stream 2 a few years ago and they ignored and went ahead with Russia increasing the risk and dependence on Russia and Putin?

Also claiming Kiev will win Russia is delusional, why didn't they take back Crimea that Putin took a few years ago? Why are they so dependent on US and NATO for defense if they are able to beat Russia by themselves as you claim? They can't even fund their military without US aid.

In fact the greatest joke of any presidency is to cry out to her citozens to take up arms and head to the borders on day 1 oh.

Me I don't blame anybody but that dumb president xelensky, he allowed the west ginger him to his doom
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Krismas(m): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

You're sitting in your room talking what you don't know, you're comparing then and now.
Do you know the nuclear might of first world countries now? That's why the US is taking caution in the case of Russia..
grin There was more Nuke during the Cold War than now oga. Infact during the Cuban missile crises, both sides almost used Nuke on themselves, almost! So I don’t think we should allow Putin to threaten the world with Nuke and get away with it

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
BigTableShaker:
Naso o..

America is a loser.

Americans do not have the appetite for war. Especially a war that cannot be justified to congress . Ukraine has no Oil. So the idea to send troops cannot be justified to congress.
Let the Europe - NATO members send their soldiers to Ukraine. Do not rely on the USA/Canada for everything. By God - Germany, UK can't send troops
In addition, its high time that NATO members increase their defense budget to fend for themselves.
Ukraine is a Sovereign nation since 1991 over 30 years. They have a constitution . There is no excuse for Russia to invade another nation ( not a covert mission, but to invade) It is an act of war. Where is the UN in all this ??
All that needs to happen is for China or North Korea to bomb US and then Putin will have the wall he is looking for with the US.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by hunterden: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Pls do create time to make research on how things are.the us will not commit troops on ground because Ukraine is not a member of NATO..that was the basis of the whole conflict.according to article 5,an attack on any NATO nation is an attack on all.that is why NATO troops are being moblised to Poland and Estonia should in case Putin will never occupy the smallest country in NATO.its that simple..forget all that Russia muscle flexing.

DoggoneDogg:
The US & NATO are cowards. They are scared shitless of Putin.

...............................................................................................
Where are the Nairaland war analysts that always argue with me foolishly on this forum?

Where are the "US don't make noise" gang?
The "Russia is not strong" gang?
The "If Russia tries nonsense, US will destroy them" gang?

Abeg where una dey? Come out ooo
Una go watch GoTV CNN for 10mins, turn to War strategists and analysts. Nigerians ehn grin cheesy grin
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Amah70: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ukrainians misled by NATO?
What's Ukraine going to look for in joining European Union that sone foundation members are itching to leave?

Why would Ukrainians risk all these envisaged assault from Russia, as Ukrainians get stuck in the primitive desire to join NATO and European Union?
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by SarkinYarki: 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
backnbeta:
Why is everyone so scared of Putin? Someone has to call Putin to order because even if he wins this war, he'll take on another country...guy is power drunk

He is not the aggressor here
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Lordedifice1: 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Biden is a coward
I trust Donald Trump in matters like this
Biden is not fit for this presidential job

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible / Vladimir Putin's Black Belt Revoked By International Taekwondo Organization / US Senator's Aid Filmed Having Intimacy At US Senate Hearing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.