Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia (49800 Views)

Russia Mocks U.S, Biden & The West Over "Fake" Claims Of Ukraine Invasion (Pics) / "We Will Not Send Troops To Rescue Americans In Ukraine" - Biden Warns / Afghan Women Scream ‘The Taliban Are Coming' As They Beg Troops To Save Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Praxis758: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2022
Popjoan:
he is mentality unstable.

I'm yet to understand why he derives pleasure in using events of disasters to propagate his own version of the gospel.

People won't be bothered listening to him with those gimmicks because it is becoming more of a threat to his readers.

There are many avenues to explore in preaching the gospel and not using war and natural disasters in threatening the the readers.

Also, I don't know how he arrived at his own teaching that America is the MYSTERY BABYLON.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by CSTRR: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2022
mysticwarrior:
its only when a country like Lebanon attack a NATO country that is when the US would be willing to fight, the US wouldn't want to risk fighting with Russia even if Russia attack a NATO country.
Any attack against one, is an attack against all.
Article 5 of the NATO by-laws.

NATO exists to keep Russia at Bay.
The essence of NATO is Russia.

So any attack by Russia on any NATO country would be met with violent Force.

Russia knows it too.

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 25, 2022
Praxis758:

I'm yet to understand why he derives pleasure in using events of disasters to propagate his own version of the gospel.

People won't be bothered listening to him with those gimmicks because it is becoming more of a threat to his readers.

There are many avenues to explore in preaching the gospel and not using war and natural disasters in threatening the the readers.

Also, I don't know how he arrived at his own teaching that America is the MYSTERY BABYLON.
lol, America as Mystery Babylon? That guy is running mad.. grin
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by mysticwarrior(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
CSTRR:

Any attack against one, is an attack against all.
Article 5 of the NATO by-laws.

NATO exists to keep Russia at Bay.
The essence of NATO is Russia.

So any attack by Russia on any NATO country would be met with violent Force.

Russia knows it too.
calm down Mr Mugamba, the issue on ground now is that Russia has invaded Ukraine let the US go and rescue Ukraine if they are bold enough.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by VEHINTOLAR: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Joejonah:
This Joe Biden is a very weak man.
The world miss Donald triumph

What exactly do you guys think Donald Trump would have done ? You're all jokers if you have that faintest idea that Trump would have sent in American soldiers to defend Ukraine ! Ni bo nbe ?! Perhaps,some of you did not know or must have forgotten that Trump made spirited efforts to pull United States out of NATO ! You all need to be reminded that Putin and Trump were quite close and had cordial relationships while the latter's administration lasted. Have you all forgotten so quickly that the Democrats accused Russia's Putin of meddling in the electoral process that saw Trump emerging as the President of the United States ? Trump is a reasonable person that would never commit or risk the lives of American soldiers in a war that's not winnable. A war between the U S and Russia is not a winnable war for either side and that's a fact !

If Trump was still in the White House,Russia would not have attacked Ukraine because Trump would have talked to Zelenskky to bury the idea of ever wanting to join NATO. Trump would consider whatever that's happening between Russia and Ukraine as strictly "internal affairs" of two Slav's brothers and would not meddle in it. Putin would have achieved all his objectives as regard Ukraine without firing a shot !

You all need to understand that Russia is not Iran,Iraq,Libya or Afghanistan. It is a country with tremendous military capabilities and capacities. Putin can only be stopped from within ( by the Russians ) ; no external threats can deter him from achieving his set objectives in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Elvis778(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
echibuogwu:

Biden isn’t doing the right thing... what sanctions You think the sanctions affects Russia alone, you think the sanctions will still hold in next 4 years or Russia won’t find a way to manipulate it. Ogbeni Biden no get mouth, these cowardice will ginger countries like China and North Korea

So if u were Biden what would you do? Interfere and risk dragging your country into a nuclear war? Not just your country, but the whole of NATO??
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
tonididdy:

If you see nothing wrong with the US invading Iraq (you say it's justifiable and later same you claim it was a lie) undecided

What is putting doing that the West hasn't done, Biden is not weak after all. He's a man of principles, assisting Ukraine with forces in Ukraine would be tagged hyprocrisy because there's nothing Putin is doing, they haven't done.

What I meant and for someone who was glued to CNN when the thing went down. What I am saying is
1. The US did not attack Iraq alone, they wanted a coalition and they had about 10 countries support the invasion.
2. Most of us believed that Iraq was behind the bombing of the world trade center and when facts came out that the dude had no WMD, opinion poll shifted immediately against the war.
3. Give me an example of when West - lets just say US invaded a country without cause - ( I have explained the reason why they invaded Iraq, Afghan was because of ISIS , a domino effect of Iraq) But Russia has no reason to invade a neighbour - Ukraine besides the fact that he cannot afford the west to camp right beside him ( NATO) . Once the resistance start to rise, the US will supply weapons and financial assistance to make sure that Russia is never comfortable.
I have come to recognize that we are so polarized ( Republicans and Democrats) that there is no middle ground. There is just no appetite for war with Democrats, there are other social issues and injustices , Whilst the Republicans want to show their military strength. - They argue
Putin never took crimea when Bush was in Power , he waited for Obama. Now, he never invaded Ukraine when Trump was in power - He waited for Biden.
There is a lot at stake for Biden and Democrats, plus Ukraine is not a member of NATO or Any Europe Military alliance. Anyways. Cheers Mate.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

What exactly do you guys think Donald Trump would have done ? You're all jokers if you have that faintest idea that Trump would have sent in American soldiers to defend Ukraine ! Ni bo nbe ?! Perhaps,some of you did not know or must have forgotten that Trump made spirited efforts to pull United States out of NATO ! You all need to be reminded that Putin and Trump were quite close and had cordial relationships while the latter's administration lasted. Have you all forgotten so quickly that the Democrats accused Russia's Putin of meddling in the electoral process that saw Trump emerging as the President of the United States ? Trump is a reasonable person that would never commit or risk the lives of American soldiers in a war that's not winnable. A war between the U S and Russia is not a winnable war for either side and that's a fact !

If Trump was still in the White House,Russia would not have attacked Ukraine because Trump would have talked to Zelenskky to bury the idea of ever wanting to join NATO. Trump would consider whatever that's happening between Russia and Ukraine as strictly "internal affairs" of two Slav's brothers and would not meddle in it. Putin would have achieved all his objectives as regard Ukraine without firing a shot !

You all need to understand that Russia is not Iran,Iraq,Libya or Afghanistan. It is a country with tremendous military capabilities and capacities. Putin can only be stopped from within ( by the Russians ) ; no external threats can deter him from achieving his set objectives in Ukraine.

I agree with all your points but the last one.
He wouldn't attack Germany or a NATO country without consequences. That is why the US has troops in Germany . Recall the France foreign minister just reminded PUTIN that NATO countries also have Nuclear weapons.
US has always been Isolated, I mean we are across the Atlantic ocean, we will see the weapons coming and retaliate. Going back to WW2, but for Japan bombing Hawaii, US were not going to be drawn into the Euro theatre of war, Churchill came to ask for help, the US just sent money but when Japan did the unthinkable - US congress unanimous passed the vote and till today they still commemorate the bombing of those 2 cities in Japan.
This is where the UN ought to show their muscle. Plus, once resistance fighters are set in Ukraine, weapons and financial aid from US will assist them. Russia is not a democracy but dictatorship - So all internal squabbles are being squashed as we speak. ( Do you think Nigerians toppled Abacha or IBB nope, It was God's grace that killed one and made the other to pass power )
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
tonididdy:

Go brush up your history kid.
Go read of why and how the US crippled Cuba till date!
As for your claim, unlike Ukraine, Mexico will not even speak to Russia let alone agree to such suicidal plans.

Since you know a lot Dad ! Has it worked ? Their Crippling Sanctions since 1960 ? Or is your Alzheimer's kicking in ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20embargo%20against,trade%20embargo%20in%20modern%20history.

The argument isn't if they will argue but if a sovereign country has the right to do what they want and trade with whomever.

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
BigTableShaker:

Well said, but I'm standing with Ukraine.
No matter how the Russ obliterate Kiev, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel.

So am I bro... So am I
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by tonididdy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
rickleye:

Since you know a lot Dad ! Has it worked ? Their Crippling Sanctions since 1960 ? Or is your Alzheimer's kicking in ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20embargo%20against,trade%20embargo%20in%20modern%20history.

The argument isn't if they will argue but if a sovereign country has the right to do what they want and trade with whomever.
... And you think the USA didn't know of the sovereignty of Libya, Afghan,...

No world power gives a F about sovereignty.
Ps: till date Cuba isn't considered as a country.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by tonididdy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
rickleye:

What I meant and for someone who was glued to CNN when the thing went down. What I am saying is
1. The US did not attack Iraq alone, they wanted a coalition and they had about 10 countries support the invasion.
2. Most of us believed that Iraq was behind the bombing of the world trade center and when facts came out that the dude had no WMD, opinion poll shifted immediately against the war.
3. Give me an example of when West - lets just say US invaded a country without cause - ( I have explained the reason why they invaded Iraq, Afghan was because of ISIS , a domino effect of Iraq) But Russia has no reason to invade a neighbour - Ukraine besides the fact that he cannot afford the west to camp right beside him ( NATO) . Once the resistance start to rise, the US will supply weapons and financial assistance to make sure that Russia is never comfortable.
I have come to recognize that we are so polarized ( Republicans and Democrats) that there is no middle ground. There is just no appetite for war with Democrats, there are other social issues and injustices , Whilst the Republicans want to show their military strength. - They argue
Putin never took crimea when Bush was in Power , he waited for Obama. Now, he never invaded Ukraine when Trump was in power - He waited for Biden.
There is a lot at stake for Biden and Democrats, plus Ukraine is not a member of NATO or Any Europe Military alliance. Anyways. Cheers Mate.
Are you saying Putin is a coward?
No matter how you paint the West, their true colors is unveiling before the world.
You say the reason for Iraq invasion was because of 911,a war we all know clearly was fought by the US and "forced" Iraqi forces .
They got their target many years ago (Osama), did they leave?
All I want in the world is for power to shift hands. Let it be centralised, Europe has licked too much of Western axx.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rickleye: 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
tonididdy:

Are you saying Putin is a coward?
No matter how you paint the West, their true colors is unveiling before the world.
You say the reason for Iraq invasion was because of 911,a war we all know clearly was fought by the US and "forced" Iraqi forces .
They got their target many years ago (Osama), did they leave?
All I want in the world is for power to shift hands. Let it be centralised, Europe has licked too much of Western axx.

Yep, he is bully and a coward.
They didnt get their target with Bush remember Obama finished off the job.
Europe would rather be a democratic than dictator which seems to be path the EAST is China, Russia, Japan.
Why must Power change hands - This isnt MFM
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by VEHINTOLAR: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
rickleye:

I agree with all your points but the last one.
He wouldn't attack Germany or a NATO country without consequences. That is why the US has troops in Germany . Recall the France foreign minister just reminded PUTIN that NATO countries also have Nuclear weapons.
US has always been Isolated, I mean we are across the Atlantic ocean, we will see the weapons coming and retaliate. Going back to WW2, but for Japan bombing Hawaii, US were not going to be drawn into the Euro theatre of war, Churchill came to ask for help, the US just sent money but when Japan did the unthinkable - US congress unanimous passed the vote and till today they still commemorate the bombing of those 2 cities in Japan.
This is where the UN ought to show their muscle. Plus, once resistance fighters are set in Ukraine, weapons and financial aid from US will assist them. Russia is not a democracy but dictatorship - So all internal squabbles are being squashed as we speak. ( Do you think Nigerians toppled Abacha or IBB nope, It was God's grace that killed one and made the other to pass power )

Spot on ! It's so heartwarming to know there are still well informed people like you here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
BigTableShaker:

Oga, I neither have the time nor the crayons to explain it to you

War is not about the strongest opponents or by numbers.
The weaker opponents won more throughout History.

Name them, Una Dey whine Putin, war lord, military Wey don fight war during his days and as president, Una Dey whine cultist. Who be Ukraine or America. Europe need Russia, 99 percent of oil and gas in Europe is from Russia. Oga, China, Iran, taliban, North Korea and co Dey wait ooh, them dey Russia back ooh, Una Dey whine world most powerful man ni. Putin to Biden, them no be mate for world power.

Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Prince001(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
janedonez:
Just do the right thing, forget friends, they may fail you when you need them most

America can't do shit cos Russia is nuclear power country. The sane way can't attack small North Korea then not to talk of a whole Russia lol.
People in Naija should do more research b4 talking oooo
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by FuckSilly: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
BigTableShaker:

Poor old man
Kindergarten brain
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by echibuogwu(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2022
Elvis778:

So if u were Biden what would you do? Interfere and risk dragging your country into a nuclear war? Not just your country, but the whole of NATO??

They knew something like this is very likely to happen, yet they were motivating Ukraine to insist on joining NATO, they thought their threats and sanctions will make Russia back down but now they know they are wrong...
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by Elvis778(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2022
echibuogwu:

They knew something like this is very likely to happen, yet they were motivating Ukraine to insist on joining NATO, they thought their threats and sanctions will make Russia back down but now they know they are wrong...
I somehow feel they just wanted to distabillise Ukraine in someway, they forced Russia into this.
Re: Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia by rottennaija(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2022
backnbeta:

Like Putin, like Xi Jinping like Kim! Putin is going full Hitler and some people don't see anything wrong with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdiEABLFoo

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Donald Trump Casts His Vote In US Election, Met By Cheers & Some Boos (Video) / United States Electoral College Explained / Putin Signs Electronic Conscription Bill, to block those who intend to flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.