Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month (31476 Views)

Banks Raise ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦‎200,000 / CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by CaptainFM1: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Deicide:
How can they expect that to be when most of the things I get online I can't get them here in Nigeria? At least fix one issue first before introducing another. Now we are all stranded.

That's how the issue you're referring to can be solved. If you want to be able to get everything you want online here in Nigeria...start by buying from Nigeria. That way you will encourage local business to be able to get everything you want.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by CSTRR: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
No, but it's one of the biggest places notorious for such activities .
You are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by TenQ: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're just talking through your anus. There are countries with worse economies yet they still retain alternative pay systems that allow citizens spend and make transactions with any foreign currencies as they like . Unlike here where your Yahoo friends have virtually crippled all e-payment platforms like PayPal, Transwise and flutterwave from operating in Nigeria all because of cybercrimes. In fact, wasn't it for this same reason that CBN stopped cryptocurrency from operating in Nigeria ...? Mtchww...continue giving excuses for your Yahoo friends. Your unborn children go hear am . Nonsense
Yahoo boys dont use Naira card to defraud..they have domiciliary accounts, bitcoin, gift cards etc to use.

The government is dollar broke: you can still purchase things in dollars but you have to fund your account through the bureau de change (aboki). Like with my domiciliary account, I am not limited by how much I can spend since I fund my account in dollars.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by viklegend(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Born2conquer:
20$? UBA should come out straight if they're not interested in international transactions.

Its funny how official financial institutions can't provide USD but black markets can provide as much as 20k$ daily.

Guess the people supplying the black markets?

We are in a corrupt society... Everything goes

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by viklegend(m): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
gentleguy1975:
what about other banks?

I think they still have about $100 limit monthly but I expect them to follow suit soon
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by chaloskyx: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
They should reduce it to $0 if they are serious stupid country run by imbeciles the real looters are not yahoo boys but your politicians and govt office holders
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by angelfallz(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Thank you
iLegendd:

Let me answer all of you at the same time to save time. There are too many ways. One of them is Dukascopy.

When you open an account with them, you can buy Virtual card for $20. I bought two virtual cards ($ and €) from them for $40.

I use the cards everywhere around the world. I use it on Binance, and every online store I want.

To verify with them, you need a valid international passport. That's the only ID they accept at the moment.

Today, being the 25th of February, Amazon sent me some money to that account. I will move it to their virtual card and spend it online if I want. Also, there is a better way I can move it around.

Yes, I used UBA Dollar card, but I haven't touched it for 5 months now. I just abandoned it with some money in it.

I no longer have interest in using Nigerian Dollar cards. I go foreign most times to give me extra spending freedom. So, I don't know the UBA limit.

Below are screenshots of Dukascopy. I heard they are rejecting some Nigerians nowadays. E be like say Nigerians don cast am, but it still works for me.

Every Nigerian Dollar card has limit nowadays, though large. I don't use them anymore, so I don't have any idea at the moment.

Yes and no. If the Dollar card is prepaid, yes you can recieve money directly to it, but if it's debit, you can't.

Every company has limit and restrictions to whatever they do. At the moment, I'm clueless on any Nigerian banks' limitations. Yes, I bank with more than 30 Nigerian banks, but I don't have much of their time of recent. So, I can't really answer some questions about them.

CBN made them to make too many changes that I can't keep up with.

For more info, consult Google or YouTube. I'm unavailable for now.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
...and we have our Yahoo boys and girls to thank for this . May God punish them wherever they are (amen)

Keep making excuses for people who are denying you of your rights. Na Yahoo cause global inflation, even fuel scarcity. There will always be bad ppl me I can not suffer for another man’s sin.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by GreaterFuture(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
thanksjosh005:

And you think it's not "quite" expensive?
Pls talk Straight, expensive how and where? What are you taking about exactly
It's 5k as opposed to the 1k for other naira Debit cards
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by iguita: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
Not true. Go check the data.

According to this website, we are number 7.

https://www.globaltechcouncil.org/blockchain/worlds-top-10-cyber-crime-hotspots/

Even hush puppy was not a hacker. He was a courier that was louder than people that sent him message. We have small boys collecting change but we are not the top cybercrime country in the world. Maybe we are the one with the worst (or best PR) which makes everyone believe we are tops. We are not.
Ammishaddai:
No, but it's one of the biggest places notorious for such activities .
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by thanksjosh005: 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Pls talk Straight, expensive how and where? What are you taking about exactly
It's 5k as opposed to the 1k for other naira Debit cards

[s]??
What are you talking about??

Gold card is actually $100 monthly[/s]

Take your post and argue with it
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by iLegendd(m): 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
yusluvad:
Boss, show me the way...

angelfallz:
If you are using UBA or any bank's dollar debit card would you have restrictions?

terrymason:
Can you receive dollars directly to a virtual card, and use that card to shop online.

I don't mean Domiciliary account.

viktor88:

So from DOLLAR ACCOUNT one can spend any amount?

To whom it may concern.

Based on what I said about the virtual card earlier, I just used it to purchase something on Binance some minutes ago. The charge 1.8% fee.

So, I hope I have answered your question.

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by viktor88: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
iLegendd:

To whom it may concern.

Based on what I said about the virtual card earlier, I just used it to purchase something on Binance some minutes ago. The charge 1.8% fee.

Enjoy the arb
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by ajerimitan: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
More bankers and security operatives will perish for this stupidity. The boys out there know all these secrete, and they don't and will not listen to cooked lies. The babariga idiots conniving with the apex and commercial banks to rob Nigerians blind. Because they are more entitled to the foreign exchange than the average man. I can only see rains of big bullets and much more rains. Bullets cost a lot of money too so more umfurtunatey low lives will be glad to have one fill up their eye socket. I hate partialty with passion. Let someone try and explain why they want to take a bullet for those planning to destroy their generation yet unborn.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by yusluvad(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
Thanks for the insight baba...
iLegendd:

To whom it may concern.

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Haykinx98(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Fraudulent activities and illegal money laundering schemes. That's why PayPal and other payment methods don't operate in Nigeria anymore. It's also one of the reasons why your spending is limited on International transactions with all banks nationwide
This fraudulent activity is relatively low in Nigeria compared to some other country
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by iLegendd(m): 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
viktor88:

Enjoy the arb
It doesn't look like arb to me.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Soleye24(m): 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You need to hide your ignorance once in a while . We are talking online dating scams and the means through which Nigeria Yahoo boys have abused the privilege. Not all this shallow nonsense you're bickering about
Since you can't pass your message in a polite way, I will like to know how yahoo boi have influenced the decision uba made? So to buy $100 monthly is a privilege to you? SMH. Or is it same yahoo boi that made cbn ban crypto in Nigeria?. I still want you to make research about things before saying anything here. Shalom
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Soleye24(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
Haykinx98:

This fraudulent activity is relatively low in Nigeria compared to some other country
Don't mind them bro, they are only listening to the lies media are saying. Western world are just using Nigeria as the sacrificial lamb, I always tell people Nigeria is not doing 1/10th of fraud and drug US is doing but you will never hear it. Most of these yahoo boiz are purely ritualists, abi what's the connection of doing fraud and using their mum or love ones for ritual? What's the connection na?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Soleye24(m): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
Honestly, if people really know why people are trooping into Dubai, you will be marvelled yet you will never hear anything bad about dubia.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Deltavariant(m): 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

That's how the issue you're referring to can be solved. If you want to be able to get everything you want online here in Nigeria...start by buying from Nigeria. That way you will encourage local business to be able to get everything you want.
I salute you comrade...buy made in Nigeria simple.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by WHITELIGHTER: 11:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hope this won't creep into Access and Zenith....?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
This is good or not.
Since they don't want to take the burden of exchanging forex on behalf of their customer, they should then stop the mandatory issuing of naira VISA and MasterCard.
What use is channelling a local transaction via Europe/USA?

*Verve cards and other local players should be allowed to run transactions for Nigerians alone.
*Cards should always be free.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by NotBeenPaid: 12:43am On Feb 26, 2022
Kaybee7000:

How does the valve card works on international transaction comrade ?
Verve can't be used for international transactions.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by warrenweste(m): 1:35am On Feb 26, 2022
Pierocash:
stop delving into what you lack knowledge of.

Yahoo boys aren't the reason. The reason is simply because CBN has come out with policy of no more selling fx to bank. The cbn governor told banks to go source for their own forex any way they can,that CBN will no longer support bank with forex, after all,it is their bread and butter.

So for this reason,access bank cut down their international spend limit from $300 to $100, exclusive card from $500 to $200 for monthly subscription,$1000 from $2000. Increased their dollar rate from 470 to 490 ,and other Banks like uba and eco bank followed suit . More banks will follow too. All is to boost their fx reserve against the time the cbn directive will take effect.

Stop spewing gibberish.

I use PayPal both local and 2 foreign PayPal Account.

Are you saying Access bank has a card of $1000 Limit?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:07am On Feb 26, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Fraudulent activities and illegal money laundering schemes. That's why PayPal and other payment methods don't operate in Nigeria anymore. It's also one of the reasons why your spending is limited on International transactions with all banks nationwide

You're very correct.

Those Yahoo boys and their apologists won't accept this obvious truth, but we'll keep flashing it on their faces.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:16am On Feb 26, 2022
Dialpad:
This has nothing to do with yahoo Boys, the economy is in a mess. J[b]ust recently importers are looking at sourcing for dollars in Ghana, Togo and even Benin Republic.
[/b]
There is so much scarcity, rather than say we don't have dollars, they limit it to ridiculous amount that can't even be spent.

The best thing will be to find companies in the USA that will help you make your payments, there are a few that offer such services so long as the charges are not recurring.

This is falsehood, and as that good guy rightly said, ''you're talking through your anus''.
This is pure anal deposit
The importers made that statement in response to CBN's threat of stopping forex sales to banks at the end of this year.
The year has not ended and forex sales to banks have not been stopped.

Stop talking via your anus, bros, as nothing good comes out of that hole
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 26, 2022
Ammishaddai:

Bullshit! Its because of high foreign debt, low international credit rating. Blame your beloved FG.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Dialpad: 7:12am On Feb 26, 2022
Look at another lunatic making attempts to appear smart but you have just displayed stu-pidity

My simple argument is that yahoo boys have nothing to do with UBA's decision.

Now you are here to prove your ignorance to the world again.

ChybuzzDD:

This is falsehood, and as that good guy rightly said, ''you're talking through your anus''.
This is pure anal deposit
The importers made that statement in response to CBN's threat of stopping forex sales to banks at the end of this year.
The year has not ended and forex sales to banks have not been stopped.

Stop talking via your anus, bros, as nothing good comes out of that hole
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by frank155(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're just talking through your anus. There are countries with worse economies yet they still retain alternative pay systems that allow citizens spend and make transactions with any foreign currencies as they like . Unlike here where your Yahoo friends have virtually crippled all e-payment platforms like PayPal, Transwise and flutterwave from operating in Nigeria all because of cybercrimes. In fact, wasn't it for this same reason that CBN stopped cryptocurrency from operating in Nigeria ...? Mtchww...continue giving excuses for your Yahoo friends. Your unborn children go hear am . Nonsense

Please stop being foolish! Yahoo boys also exist in India but India literally has only of the largest market/economic.

I don't see what yahoo boys has to do with this topic when we have government officials who worse than any so called yahoo boy.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by okooloyun1(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
iLegendd:

Let me answer all of you at the same time to save time. There are too many ways. One of them is Dukascopy.

When you open an account with them, you can buy Virtual card for $20. I bought two virtual cards ($ and €) from them for $40.

I use the cards everywhere around the world. I use it on Binance, and every online store I want.

To verify with them, you need a valid international passport. That's the only ID they accept at the moment.

Today, being the 25th of February, Amazon sent me some money to that account. I will move it to their virtual card and spend it online if I want. Also, there is a better way I can move it around.

Yes, I used UBA Dollar card, but I haven't touched it for 5 months now. I just abandoned it with some money in it.

I no longer have interest in using Nigerian Dollar cards. I go foreign most times to give me extra spending freedom. So, I don't know the UBA limit.

Below are screenshots of Dukascopy. I heard they are rejecting some Nigerians nowadays. E be like say Nigerians don cast am, but it still works for me.

Every Nigerian Dollar card has limit nowadays, though large. I don't use them anymore, so I don't have any idea at the moment.

Yes and no. If the Dollar card is prepaid, yes you can recieve money directly to it, but if it's debit, you can't.

Every company has limit and restrictions to whatever they do. At the moment, I'm clueless on any Nigerian banks' limitations. Yes, I bank with more than 30 Nigerian banks, but I don't have much of their time of recent. So, I can't really answer some questions about them.

CBN made them to make too many changes that I can't keep up with.

For more info, consult Google or YouTube. I'm unavailable for now.
Nice
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Pierocash(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2022
COMPAQ:

That policy you are referring to has not started o. CBN governor clearly said by the end of this year
so they need to wait before they start stocking up their forex reserve?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes / Student Cries After Her Savings 'Vanished' From Her Piggy Bank / Conversation With Sanusi On "New" Currency Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.