Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" (1227 Views)

Ngozi: Islamic Banking Is Ok / Stanbic IBTC Gets Licence For Islamic Banking Operations In Nigeria / Putting Sanusi's Islamic Banking In Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by KnowAll(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
The Nigerian Christian unlike her compatriots throughout the world is a very passionate, patriotic and unperturbed human being who in most cases tend to follow the tenants of Christ to the letter although being human many fall to temptation when carrying out this arduous task of adhering to the principles outlined either in the Old Testament or the New Testament.

The Nigerian Christian is unique, they are in the mould of 17th century Christian clerics in fact the Nigerian Christians and their Muslim brothers are both probably tied to the fanaticism, the enthusiasm and ‘aweness’ of that quaint believe in the existence of a supreme being. There is a great fear of the unknown in Nigeria, 99% of Nigerians believe in Heaven and Hell, it has been revealed  that even armed robbers have sharp short prayers b4 embarking on their nefarious unenviable activities. The beileif system is all encompassing, I once met a gentleman in London committing a blatant fraud but this Gentleman went into great extent to convince me his activities were a blessing.

The Nigerian Christian would not let the Islamic Bank impasse go quietly without having her own pound of flesh and that would be the creation in tandem of a 'Christen bank'. The so called secular Banks as we know them are to many Christians are Banks of the world and their association with such worldly pit of indescribable corruption is an insult to Christendom(“obviously coming from the Christian believe of do not be equally yoke with the world) the fact that some well known elders of some Pentecostal outfits were enmeshed in the Banking scandal that permeated from our banks notwithstanding.

It is only Nigeria of all the nations in the world that sponsors both Christians and Muslims for the holy hajj, although for the Muslims, Hajj is something all Muslims must embark on b4 the end of their lives if possible according to the Holy Quran,  the Koran  invariably did not specifically say it is a sin if u don’t make it to Mecca, but the Nigeria state has taken it on board and made it a firm government policy to help the poor, down and trodden and any other first timers to Mecca so that this religious commitment could be accomplished.

When the decision was made that the state would assist Nigerians in their effort to make their religious vocation a reality the Christians were not left out in the invariable equation and dynamics at the time, obviously the taught then was “what is good for the goose is also good for the gender” and secondly Nigeria had too much money to play with in the early 70’s when this policy was inaugurated. This policy is a strange one thus so is so many things about Nigeria but peculiar to Nigeria, obviously with Gowon being at the helms of affair when the policy started it was easy to strike a balance in favour of Christians at the time.

Religious issues in Nigeria are about striking a balance, the Christian Bank we also come to stay because the Nigerian Christian is Unique and a special breed none like them in the whole wide world. A friend of my told me once Nigeria is one nation in the whole world where the miracle per population is the highest,  that we have the highest unexplained healing per population when compared with any other Nation on Earth.

That was one statistic that startled me initially but when I analyse it more closely and critically I could not default his grandstanding proclamation although I still find it difficult to swallow. My Friend said because the Nigerian Christian practised Christendom as it was practised in the 16th Century, where sheer faith and unadulterated believe can make the most inexplicable thing happen in a whim is one reason why our Christains are a special breed. My friend informed me equivocally that the only man who rose from death after 3 days of dying happened in Nigeria,(can that be true)  he said it has never happened anywhere b4.

My friend also went on and gave instances of what the lord is being doing in our great nation, he said what is happening in Nigeria mirrors Biblical events verbitmly. I said to my friend how did you come to such vague conclusion, he said look at the death of Abacha, this man had good health and everything but the pains to the nation was too much. He said do you know how many men of God fasted 40 days and 40 Nights for God to intervene and change the cause of history and God answered like he used to do in the Old Testament, we are Unique he queried.

He said look at the pivotal rise of Jonathan, do I think that was down to any man, Jonathan like David was from one of the smallest tribes in the Nation yet when the King of Kings sanctioned him as the next King, nothing any man can do about it no matter what or who they were. He said the rise of Jonathan is an extraordinary example of the guided “ hand of God” in affairs of our nation  and it has never happened in the annals of Human History anywhere in the world except of course in the Bible. He Said Jonathan is a modern day “ David” and to crown it the man had a name called “ Goodluck”. For all Goodlucks fault he was an anointed man and like David should start learning his stock in trade or be swept away.

I think a Christen Bank is due just as the Islamic Bank is coming on shore hopefully this would bring a quick death to the conventional bank as we know them.
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by KnowAll(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2011
I don't know why some of u guys are tearing your hair because of Islamic Bank. Don"t u people know d country u live in, just as d CBN Governor welcomes and usher in this new interest free Banking into nation so would he welcome d " first true Christain Bank". Christains in Nigeria has suffered in d hands of Muslim Bankers like d Saraki's so also have they suffered in  the hands of Christain Bankers like " Eratus & Ibru" so why not have our own Bank then.

My shares in Ocenic Bank Is worth less than toilet paper after I spent about N800,000.00 buying d stocks is it courtesy of SLS or Ibru  undecided I don't know all I know one of them is not telling us d truth and Christains are fed up of White collar bank robbers. We welcome our Brother's Bank d 'Muslims' just as we welcome our own banks too, d "first true Christain Bank in d world" x

Some people are funny, why would d North turn to Islamic Banking when the news Is splashed all over d networks that messers Ibru had lost count of how many homes and businesses  she had within VI Lagos not counting d whole streets she bought in d UK and America.

Why are people screaming, please make una behave oh!!! undecided
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
For all I know.
Most banks were set up with a secular mindset
to therefore ascribe regular banks as a 'christian bank' don't augur well.

That they are sometimes owned by Christians alone don't make it otherwise
Banking operations are conducted without necessarily toeing the line of Christianity.
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by ZnO: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
Message for southern muslims:
To the northern muslims, you are all infidels. That is why try hard as you can (Adegbite and Co.) you can never be head of islam in Nigeria
You see your moon differently, they see theirs differently
In the last election, Buhari, a northern muslim, refused to yield to the requests of Tinubu, a southern muslim: all because they feel superior to you.
Yet, you dey fall mugu for their antics

I was in Kano in 2001 when I visited a friend serving there
Suddenly riot broke out
Yoruba muslims, Yoruba christians, Igbos and other southern and northern christians were killed
They say you live peaceably with christians in your midst, hence you are not good muslims
They say you southern muslims drink beer and patronize asha-wos, like christians do, so you are for those reasons, not true muslims.
But please take a trip to a place called Trailer Park along the Port Harcourt-Onne Highway in River State. They come from the North to load fertilizers from NAFCON and petroleum products from the nearby NNPC. There you will see these northern muslims in hundreds who empty beer bottles into their washing kettles used for ablution and drink from it, in deceit of the unwary. You find them sleeping with southern asha-wos on the back of their trailers at night. Ask them, they tell you ''this is southern nigeria, sharia will not catch us here''. They then go back north and pretend all is well and continue with their holier-than-thou attitude.
Did Abacha not die atop Indian asha-wos, as we hear? Yet, to a northern muslim, Abacha is more important than even the holiest of southern muslims.

I pity all these southern muslims who do not want to see beyond their noses.
Sharia Bank? Hm!! They go throw bomb inside the banking hall. Guess who the most bankers in Nigeria are, and thus, who the potential victims would be
They go use your savings buy bomb wey dey go use kill you.
The emphasis on islamic banking is a red flag that should not be ignored
We have had Habib Bank etc; no one cared, because the name does not suggest anything of security interest
From the grapevine, one of the conditions given by the Mullahs in the Middle East to pump in cash is that the name must be ISLAMIC BANK to stamp in the IOC angle to it.

Even the deceit by Sanusi in mentioning that an Igbo man is a shareholder of his sharia bank is lost on so many.
Ask him why he specifically singled out that Igbo man, among 10-15 other shareholders.

Hold your ears and listen up; Sharia is on its way to Ibadan. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by KnowAll(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
For all I know.
Most banks were set up with a secular mindset
to therefore ascribe regular banks as a 'christian bank' don't augur well.

That they are sometimes owned by Christians alone don't make it otherwise
Banking operations are conducted without necessarily toeing the line of Christianity.

There is a difference between a ' christain' owned secular Bank and a 'Bank' established with the sole doctrine of Christiandom as her guiding principle and mantra, the former is what impoverished millions of Nigerians and d latter has never being tried and tested, I rather give d latter the go ahead than put one more cent in d former. A lot people have lost confidence in today's Banking sector despite d high profile transfiguration embarked upon many moons ago by no other person than Soludo.

Today that surging empire that took d west African region by storm lies in ruins due to greed, selfishness and self aggrandisement by d so called defacto owners of d Banks.
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by KnowAll(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
Message for southern muslims:
To the northern muslims, you are all infidels. That is why try hard  as you can (Adegbite and Co.) you can never be head of islam in Nigeria
You see your moon differently, they see theirs differently
In the last election, Buhari, a northern muslim, refused to yield to the requests of Tinubu, a southern muslim: all because they feel superior to you.
Yet, you dey fall mugu for their antics

I was in Kano in 2001 when I visited a friend serving there
Suddenly riot broke out
Yoruba muslims, Yoruba christians, Igbos and other southern and northern christians were killed
They say you live peaceably with christians in your midst, hence you are not good muslims
They say you southern muslims drink beer and patronize asha-wos, like christians do, so you are for those reasons, not true muslims.
But please take a trip to a place called Trailer Park along the Port Harcourt-Onne Highway in River State. They come from the North to load fertilizers from NAFCON and petroleum products from the nearby NNPC. There you will see these northern muslims in hundreds who empty beer bottles into their washing kettles used for ablution and drink from it, in deceit of the unwary. You find them sleeping with southern asha-wos on the back of their trailers at night. Ask them, they tell you ''this is southern nigeria, sharia will not catch us here''. They then go back north and pretend all is well and continue with their holier-than-thou attitude.
Did Abacha not die atop Indian asha-wos, as we hear? Yet, to a northern muslim, Abacha is more important than even the holiest of southern muslims.

I pity all these southern muslims who do not want to see beyond their noses.
Sharia Bank? Hm!! They go throw bomb inside the banking hall. Guess who  the most bankers in Nigeria are, and thus, who the potential victims would be
They go use your savings buy bomb wey dey go use kill you.
The emphasis on islamic banking is a red flag that should not be ignored
We have had Habib Bank etc; no one cared, because the name does not suggest anything of security interest
From the grapevine, one of the conditions given by the Mullahs in the Middle East to pump in cash is that the name must be ISLAMIC BANK to stamp in the IOC angle to it.

Even the deceit by Sanusi in mentioning that an Igbo man is  a shareholder of his sharia bank is lost on so many.
Ask him why he specifically singled out that Igbo man, among 10-15 other shareholders.

Hold your ears and listen up; Sharia is on its way to Ibadan. A word is enough for the wise.

You are an alarmist.
Re: Islamic Banking & The First Real Christian Bank “ A Marriage Made In Heaven" by warrior01: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2011
No! not an alarmist but a realist

(1) (Reply)

Sonny Global Asset: Are They Legit? / Gtmobile Application & Internet banking platform Is Back! / Welding Machines Distributor...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.