Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons (44712 Views)

Joe Biden Urged To Renounce Sole Control Of US Nuclear Weapons / North Korea Has 60 Nuclear Weapons & Could Launch Smallpox On Missile - US Army / World War 3 : North Korea Nuclear Weapons In Final Stages (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by goodheart01: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2022
engrsyer:
No shaking. Russia has done all his risk analysis before embarking on this war. He knows NATO allies has nukes as well and he has warned them of immediate reprisal if any country misbahaves. Sanctions has no power. Russia also has allies even if it is not up to NATO/West. So Paris should keep quiet and watch the movie. By sunday Zelensky would surrender.

People like u who come here and open your mouth as if you’re part of the Russian war planning committee. See him saying trash just because he wants to adore the flimsy imaginations of tyranny. What would u say if u were a Ukrainian citizen?? By now what would u be doing?? Would u be repeating the above statement??

Rubbish!!

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by chiefobdk2: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Pure trash
If the Allied forces chooses to strike
Russia will be gone in minutes

E no get wetin e wan do wer go pass wetin Hitler do
He should tread well because it will not end well

so why did they choose not to strike..dont u think they are scared of Russia too?

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by goodheart01: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2022
underpinna:
Making noise to impress Ukraine?

Go sit the fxck down

And what would Ukraine give them?? Is not as if Ukraine feeds the French or European economy
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

What Russia is doing is only giving Ukraine more reasons to join NATO.

And that is why the war will continue. Russia will not cease their attacks until they put the junta to their knees. If they cease attacking Ukraine will join NATO as you rightly said and Russia will be surrounded. In addition to the already weighty sanctions, If Russia stop now Nuclear power plants will be established more firmly round them and Putin is finally finished

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Tonyferrad(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2022
DMerciful:

Have you wondered why US always build alliances of many nations? Their capabilities are overrated!
Go and read your history books and international politics to know the importance of Alliance politics! No nation can fight the others all alone, you need Allies. Was it not alliance of the nations that brought down Hitler and Co? Overrated ke

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by kollinz1234(m): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2022
engrsyer:
No shaking. Russia has done all his risk analysis before embarking on this war. He knows NATO allies has nukes as well and he has warned them of immediate reprisal if any country misbahaves. Sanctions has no power. Russia also has allies even if it is not up to NATO/West. So Paris should keep quiet and watch the movie. By sunday Zelensky would surrender.
it is marveling to know that there are people who supports this invasion. It has proven that humans hate themselves too much.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Murketeer: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=110528792][/quote]
You just love war...you think when these Super powers fight ...you all have this ur nairaland to type on

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by moneyissweet(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Why don't you use Google and stop being disgrace to humanity.

blackpanda:

Freed from what Mtscheeeew
Is biafra the name of any place on planet earth Lmao

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:24am On Feb 25, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

And that is why the war will continue. Russia will not cease their attacks until they put the junta to their knees. If they cease attacking Ukraine will join NATO as you rightly said and Russia will be surrounded. In addition to the already weighty sanctions, Nuclear power plants will be established more firmly round them and Putin is finally finished
There is little Russia can do to Ukraine when the sanctions start becoming a hit on Russia.
Russia has only ended up making Ukraine be a NATO member.
Putin is a genius.

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by anonymous1759(m): 8:27am On Feb 25, 2022
Murketeer:

You just love war...you think when these Super powers fight ...you all have this ur nairaland to type on

Am stating fact . You’re not a world power over night with just diplomacy . All The world powers are acknowledged because of their strength nothing more.
Smaller countries are watching to see who’s stronger and can protect their interests.
China and Russia are looking for war to stamp their FEET . Don’t misquote me

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by REALCASE: 8:29am On Feb 25, 2022
mayklef:
NATO should test thier nuclear weapon in Aso rock, we want to verify something
and you think you will not be affected? your hate for Nigeria is beyond measures...

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Appleyard(m): 8:29am On Feb 25, 2022
OAra:

Russia's economy is melting as we speak: -30% at the opening of their stock markets, the ruble imploding and requiring constant central bank intervention to prop it up (hello inflation my old friend!), over 80% of their banking sector shut out of Western financial centers, bans on sales of any advanced tech (including semiconductors, which are almost all produced in Taiwain, a Western ally), restrictions on energy, transport, tech sectors...and the list goes on.

And this is not going away in a week - these sanctions are likely to be here to stay, like those slapped on Russia in 2014 that so many thought were "just temporary", yet 8 years later they are still here.

Like I said before, I hope the Russians enjoy the famine their leader gifted them between inflation and a collapsing economy.

You knew very little about Russia and Russians. Sanctions will only scratch the surface, they have no teeth to penetrate the Russian economy any more because before now, the Russians have designed their economy to be mostly self-sufficient and less reliant on western partnership. In fact, as we speak, this war is already making Russia more money, just as nations like Nigeria and Saudi Arabia are making more money now. From the increase in oil prices to wheat prices, which Russia and Ukraine leads in production, the money keeps coming even as EU member stated have to meet their obligations to pay off gas contract. So those dreaming of a Russian economic collapse will wait till fowl grows teeth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by WarriAproko: 8:29am On Feb 25, 2022
Putin dey wait for anyone wen wan interfare. Thats why US dey use NATO. If nah Iraq u go dun see US troop everywhere. Putin is no nonsense man. U do anyhow u collect
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by WarriAproko: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2022
Putin clearly say if u want to join NATO u are free. But let me get back my region. Lols

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Elitefosa: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2022
engrsyer:

alaye keyboard warriors... anything for the likes.

please prove your point that sanctions has no power if you can
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by awoo47: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2022
franchasng:
I have said this countless times.

NATO will destroy Russia in few days should war escalate but the problem is leadership. Current leaders of NATO member nations are cowards, they lack the willpower and courage to use their strength and might. Even to disconnect Russia from SWIFT they cant summon the courage to do it and cripple Russian economy immediately.

If Vladimir Putin was a US President right now, Russia will be retreating in hours.

Its not as if Russia is that strong, yes they have military might but they are almost a poor country, but they have a strong man as President who understands the law of power and how to lead a war. He talks tough thereby making opponents to see Russia as the greatest giant. Vladimir Putin is the strongest President on earth right now but Russia is never the strongest nation.

Some people are rich but don't command the respect, thats the case of US now under Pa Joe Biden. US have gradually become a toothless bulldog under Democratic leadership, what a shame.

Just make Vladimir Putin the President of US and Joe Biden the President of Russia and watch Russians pissing in their pants with fear.

In as much as I condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine, I must admit that I admire Putin's courage and guts, its unparalleled
bro i hope you know russia has weapons that can wipe off france and uk off the map.... So you think NATO will want to take a chance? Nuclear is one of the strongest deterrent in war. If not we for don dey world war 4
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by foleskay(m): 8:36am On Feb 25, 2022
Very stupid Russia. You're adjudged the biggest country in d world by land mass..still that one no do you,u still go about annexing territories not yours,claiming your people are d original occupiers. Why can't you move your ethinic people to d vast inhabittable area of Siberia. Las las this world will end like the isreal palestinal war...no victor no vanguished.

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Elitefosa: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2022
kollinz1234:
it is marveling to know that there are people who supports this invasion. It has proven that humans hate themselves too much.

yea... you are right. But dont take comments in here too serious. With the easy access to internet using cheap data... anybody can post anything! You'd know the level of their reasoning and exposure and sense of history with their myopic comments.

By the way, I stand for peace... Dictators would invariably loose at the end

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by SPAMBOX7: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Pure trash
If the Allied forces chooses to strike
Russia will be gone in minutes

E no get wetin e wan do wer go pass wetin Hitler do
He should tread well because it will not end well
No mind them. Them go just come online dey type trash. If you check well most of them are indomie generations.
No werey like Hitler in war history but he was erased. But on NL everybody dey type wetin dey their kunu brain

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Elitefosa: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2022
awoo47:
bro i hope you know russia has weapons that can wipe off france and uk off the map.... So you think NATO will want to take a chance? Nuclear is one of the strongest deterrent in war. If not we for don dey world war 4

So what do you think, the West would stand still and watch the world wiped out?

One thing you need to understand is, Ukraine is not Russia (Putin's) goal, it's a test! Once they (he) succeeds, he wont stop there. They would move on to other regions.... Think about that!

for analogy and understanding sake: Think about Abacha, did you think for once he thought the money he has stolen was enough? Think about the people he kept eliminating because he thought they'd be in his way! can you see the pattern?
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Elitefosa: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2022
foleskay:
Very stupid Russia. You're adjudged the biggest country in d world by land mass..still that one no do you,u still go about annexing territories not yours,claiming your people are d original occupiers. Why can't you move your ethinic people to d vast inhabittable area of Siberia. Las las this world will end like the isreal palestinal war...no victor no vanguished.

Haha! I feel your pain bro! But let me put it to you; If you were in Putin's shoe, you'd do same, if not worst!

It is what it is (in the voice of AGbaby)!

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely! I use to doubt this statement... that's why democracy is one of the best forms of Government because of the checks and balances...

Let me give you a typical example: Did you know that president Obasanjo after his 2nd tenure tried to get a third even though he was aware that 2 terms was the deal... If he'd get a third or there was no "rule" (i put that in quote for a reason, can you guess the reason?) that says you cant rule more than two terms, other presidents would try to get a 3rd after the 2nd and a forth after the 3rd.... get the point?
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by cyrilamx(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2022
mumumugu:
is not Ukraine vs Russia. This is Ukraine vs Ukraine sessionist which Russia support.

It is like Nigeria vs Biafra but England supporting Biafra.

Let us not hype this into third world war
finish the story na. France also supported Biafra

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:52am On Feb 25, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

Una don start dey hype NATO again grin
I thought you guys said Putin can't touch Ukraine that NATO will strike them within 30seconds after invading Ukraine
You don see me for any nairaland banter before
If you think the world would sit down and watch Russia finish innocent souls
Then you are wrong

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:52am On Feb 25, 2022
Greatdand007:

Seems you don’t know what you saying Russia will finish the nato allied in second do you know Russia as the largest military in the world
Am I talking about NATO here ??
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:54am On Feb 25, 2022
Ratorichie:

You are just ignorantly spewing trash as well.
Have you ever paused to wonder why the west/NATO have unanimously refused to send troops to Ukraine, just as they have done in less power in the past?
The simple answer is that as a near-peer military power, armed with nuclear weapons, Russia can't be defeated. Any intervention by NATO will quickly escalate into a nuclear exchange where there will be no winners but total desolation that will leave about 4billion of the world's population dead. It's known in Nuclear parlance as MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION.
THE KEY DIFFERENCE IS THAT HITLER DIDN'T HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS
No wahala
But if you think the world would sit and watch Russia finish off innocent people then you are wrong
Sit back and watch as Russia is slowly leading themselves to doom
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:56am On Feb 25, 2022
Nukilia:

Gibberish grin grin grin

Why did you not say this when USA invaded Iraq? Why not compare George Bush to Hitler when he slaughtered innocent people?
The problem you people have is that you are just hating on USA
Do you know any about that Iraqi invasion
Have you read about it
Ignorant is bad my friend

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Rubbish talk
E de like rubbish

Na so Hitler enjoy that year
You all know how it ended
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2022
frankmoney:
but they can't . No country will go to a nuclear war because of mutual assured destruction, Russia also have a lot of nuclear weapons . If they do that both Russia and NATO will obliterate themselves and drag the rest of the world along with it
Watch the turn of things
When this war get worst
Russia might not end well

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

You forgot Hitler no get nuclear weapon .
Russia have more nuclear weapons that the useless NATO allies together.
When their attacked Libya Who invited them?
They should do the same in Ukraine now if Russia will not end Europe in two days .

No wahala
Make Russia de invade those people
When the world replies
E go de them like film

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by meedoLock(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2022
This is suppose to be a "Two Horse Race" but as it stands now, I can only see the Russian president Putin making a wave on the public spaces, barely hear anything coming from the Ukrainian president which now make it look like a one horse race we never had.

Too many stake for Russia on this looming war. To be fair to Ukrainian and Russians who would eventually be at the receiving end of this war broke out in a full scale. It might still look like the story of Goliath and the little man angry angry
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by rotile247(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
OAra:

True...except that many European countries have months of gas stored up - https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/european-gas-storage-levels-survive-winter-summer-refilling-looms-2022-02-18/

And the new connection from Italy to Azerbaijan (https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/natural-gas/123120-trans-adriatic-pipeline-begins-gas-deliveries-from-azerbaijan-to-italy - the TAP), on top of more oil/gas being imported from America, mean that in but a few months we'll be able to be a LOT less reliant on Russia as far as energy goes.

Regarding the sanctions, I doubt I can truly convey how massive they are - it's closer to a total embargo in some sectors (such as the financial) one than a targeted sanction. Russia might not implode overnight, but their economy will suffer for a decade or more...if the ruble does not implode, that's it.

The problem is that Russia's gas is very cheap and 4 times cheaper than American hence the reason most European countries are dragging feet and also careful with the type and severity of sanctions.

US is also eyeing the European gas market as well wants to reduce the economic influence of Russia in Europe.

As it's stands NATO's relevance is waning fast as more than one-third of it's budget is borne by US with Europeans allies defaulting in their contribution. These was the issue Trump had with Germany and others.

It's just a pity that Ukraine leader did not realize he's just a pawn in a chess game between two power blocs, US and Russia.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Jimmy231: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2022
I swear
CoronaVirusPro:
Nigeria should learn from this

We are someday going to reclaim Onitsha from Biafra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Image Of Pregnant Trump Cradled By Putin Is Projected Onto NY Building / Americans Mock Donald Trump Over His Loss (Video) / British MP, David Amess, Stabbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.