Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking (299 Views)

War In Ukraine: Russia Restricts Access To BBC In Media Crackdown / Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) / Fact-checking Trump’s Address On The Iran Missile Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Nemere2020: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
February 25, 2022

On February 24, the Facebook social network (Meta Platforms, Inc.) restricted the official accounts of four Russian media outlets: the Zvezda TV channel, the RIA Novosti news agency, and the Lenta.ru and Gazeta.ru Internet sites.

Such actions in relation to Russian Internet resources and the media are prohibited by Federal Law No. 272-FZ “On Measures to Influence Persons Involved in Violations of Fundamental Human Rights and Freedoms, Rights and Freedoms of Citizens of the Russian Federation”.

On February 24, Roskomnadzor sent requests to the administration of Meta Platforms, Inc. remove the restrictions imposed by the social network Facebook on Russian media and explain the reason for their introduction. The owners of the social network ignored the requirements of Roskomnadzor.

Since October 2020, Roskomnadzor has recorded 23 cases of such censorship of Russian media and Internet resources by Facebook.

On February 25, the Prosecutor General's Office, in agreement with the Foreign Ministry, decided to recognize the social network Facebook as involved in the violation of fundamental human rights and freedoms, as well as the rights and freedoms of Russian citizens.

In accordance with the decision of the Prosecutor General's Office regarding the social network Facebook, starting from February 25, 2022, Roskomnadzor, in accordance with the law, takes measures to partially restrict access.
https://rkn.gov.ru/news/rsoc/news74108.htm
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Hezzyluv: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Part of the sanction too.
And some people are here jubilating over what Putin is doing.

1 Like

Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by ChiefSosa(m): 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Make I piss first

1 Like

Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
wahala for Putin
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Investigative: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Will that stop the invasion
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by chatinent: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
I smell an impending war.
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Small Ukraine i planned to japa to, now war.

Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Stevenson20: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Russia don buy market be that. When those sanctions starts having effect on the citizens, they'll demand for regime change
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by pol23: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Okay....
I hope you're not only wining on media, win in life too.
You wonder where are the bodies,,, you took 2 Russian soldiers and we saw the picture,Now you've killed 2800 without Pictorial evidence.
It's late to start praying for no war.
We pray there shouldn't be more causality.
Russia has open talk with you in Belarus,It's best you accept it for the sake of your people.
It's clear you're on your own.
I wish I have the power to solve this...
One man can change the world.
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by AroleOduduwa2: 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
For being one sided, we know who controls Facebook
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Merisbankie(m): 3:23am On Feb 26, 2022
Stevenson20:
Russia don buy market be that. When those sanctions starts having effect on the citizens, they'll demand for regime change
Told you
A nice technology pathway
Anoda social media startup in Russia
Shele mad nih
Werey full house
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Merisbankie(m): 3:25am On Feb 26, 2022
pol23:
Okay....
I hope you're not only wining on media, win in life too.
You wonder where are the bodies,,, you took 2 Russian soldiers and we saw the picture,Now you've killed 2800 without Pictorial evidence.
It's late to start praying for no war.
We pray there shouldn't be more causality.
Russia has open talk with you in Belarus,It's best you accept it for the sake of your people.
It's clear you're on your own.
I wish I have the power to solve this...
One man can change the world.
Zelensky is so scared thought Russia is a chip
He openly said they will see their faces not their backs now he is pleading for negotiations in Belarus
Re: Russia Partially Restricts Facebook's Access,for Fact-checking by Winters23: 3:48am On Feb 26, 2022
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Has Putin Increased The Possibility Of Being Killed In A Terror Attack / Russian Nuclear Warhead Armed, Ready for Launch / To All Those Who Don't Understand The Gbege Of Russia-ukraine Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.