Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 (17178 Views)

Security Forces Invade Orlu Community, Set Many Houses Ablaze, Make Arrests / Ganduje: Why Governors Are Afraid Of Signing Death Warrants / Police Fired Teargas On #RevolutionNow Protesters, Make Arrests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Adesina18111(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2022
The way some of these yeyebrities dey smoke weeds and post them online is alarming...This is really affecting the upcoming youths to be...even if smoking of weeds and other drugs are allowed anywhere...it shouldn't be abused and posted on social media... sentiment apart...some songs already polluted our youths and the way the so called celebrities do online...it is well

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by DuMebi1030: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2022
Someone should ginger Putin to drop nuclear bombbb in Nigeria grin grin I wanna check something in it cool
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by FaceTanke: 7:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Bail is free, yes or no
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by MVLOX(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Noted
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by aspabay(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
Lie, no one is allowed to break into another person's House without permit except if its issues of National security. This Jeff guy is a popular Twitter BMC so I dont expect less.

He quoted from the NDLEA Act, where are you quoting from. On which authority is your judgement based?

That is the way to make intelligent argument, and not just name calling.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by pegix(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
Lie, no one is allowed to break into another person's House without permit except if its issues of National security. This Jeff guy is a popular Twitter BMC so I dont expect less.
guy calm downv
WhT do you know

It amazes me so much how fast we are always quick to criticizing the govt official whenever any litle thing happened

What if they've arrest those boyz based on solid intelligence

Make una no hear anything like this

Free mr A , free mr B

Anybody could be a criminal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by aspabay(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2022
backbencher:
That's why we should contact our local senators to change the law governing ndlea to allow then search with warrants only and not do warrantless searches.

Sensible thing to do, not all the name calling by nairalander, internet noise only until something is done to the laws.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Jostoman: 8:05am On Feb 26, 2022
Are we now in banana republic where we do things without the rule of law. I forgot that our present government are not practicing democracy.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by saintade01(m): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:

Lie??
Just counter his claims with your written law na.
Una go get sense laslas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Blackdisciple(m): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1497441408298491908?t=K9CESgN_Fs_4EYHRiI9tTQ&s=19
OP, note that the word "May" was used twice in that context. I hope you understand what that translates to.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by OneCorner: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2022
So when US arrested el chapo and some otter drug rings, they served them search warrant first
Jostoman:
Are we now in banana republic where we do things without the rule of law. I forgot that our present government are not practicing democracy.
Jostoman:

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by xstyle: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2022
The Law, is the Law, how can Ndlea officers get warrant on drug cases, knowing fully well that before the finished applying for warrant the drugs would have been moved. This search warrant thing no fit work for Ndlea except we don't want them to do there Job. Drugs is already doing enough damage to the society, but alot of youth won't admit it because they are users too. We need Ndlea to continue doing there Jobs, however let's not tolerate the bad elements among them who deliberately try to implicate innocent citizens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by RichDad1(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
The arrogance in your comment smh
Did you read the NDLEA act attached to the post ? So many ignorants and dumb heads in this country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by BeautifulSolace(f): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2022
Make them no mistook my PS3 GUNCON as a real gun o cheesy
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Mrupdate11: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:

Believe it or not it's the truth. It's their modus operandi. They burst drug sindicates with tips from informants. They will never come unless their is a mole in your house a report has been made.

My father did this for years so I can attest to it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2022
Mrupdate11:

Believe it or not it's the truth. It's their modus operandi. They burst drug sindicates with tips from informants. They will never come unless their is a mole in your house a report has been made.

My father did this for years so I can attest to it.

Your father was a rat for years??
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2022
xstyle:
The Law, is the Law, how can Ndlea officers get warrant on drug cases, knowing fully well that before the finished applying for warrant the drugs would have been moved. This search warrant thing no fit work for Ndlea except we don't want them to do there Job. Drugs is already doing enough damage to the society, but alot of youth won't admit it because they are users too. We need Ndlea to continue doing there Jobs, however let's not tolerate the bad elements among them who deliberately try to implicate innocent citizens

I don’t understand, shey when applying for a warrant, they will also create a radio jingle or what?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:36am On Feb 26, 2022
OneCorner:
So when US arrested el chapo and some otter drug rings, they served them search warrant first

Like it or not, yes. There were warrants for every mafia arrest, surveillance, etc. Escobar had his own series of federal warrants.

There were a series of warrants issued for even hushpuppy. Heck his laptop could not be accessed without a warrant.

Nigerians just close eyes to watch/read news.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Enyimbamercedes: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Well, the NDLEA act does gives powers of arrest … unfortunately. In a country like Nigeria, it is unfortunate considering the overzealous nature and unprofessional attitude of law enforcement. The key words in the clauses are that they believe. In Nigeria, they can just look at your hair or phone and believe you to be a suspect…boom … arrested!

On an unrelated note, Jeff Philips is a BMC rat!
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by 01mcfadden(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
Lol
Okay
Someone posted something with proofs and you'rehere refuting without any proof.
Go and read their acts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Unshackled: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2022
AnonPoet:

For those of u who like ranting and condemning the NDLEA whenever they arrest, S.14 here says you can be jailed.
And S.41 expressly says the NDLEA can arrest any baggar without a warrant
Don't allow internet attention seekers cum end time activists send you 2 jail unnecessarily
https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1497441408298491908?t=K9CESgN_Fs_4EYHRiI9tTQ&s=19
the section you quoted said when there's reason to believe.

Now you're leading people to believe this is a blanket power or absolute authority.

But I'm not surprised, you even write like one with interrupted education.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Mrupdate11: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

Your father was a rat for years??

He was a drug dealer, we know how this thing works. They have bursted our house repeatedly. Never in the day time but night

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by 01mcfadden(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2022
Duplik8t77:
Where else is this nonsense done in the world. See this animal basking in lawlessness
US DEA

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2022
Mrupdate11:

He was a drug dealer, we know how this thing works. They have bursted our house repeatedly. Never in the day time but night

Save for the times that there was an undercover agent involved na una street or area people dey mostly report abi?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Mrupdate11: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

Save for the times that there was an undercover agent involved na una street or area people dey mostly report abi?

He had boys and friends that works for him, he even had a mole himself in the ndlea, so dey hardly found something everytime they come.

They have a mole and they pay handsomely, If you want to be free, you must also have a mole in the ndlea as well.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by wirinet(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2022
xstyle:
The law itself is against the fundamental human rights of rights to dignity. Getting a warrants from a judge is very easy and straight forward. Just present your evidence and arguments before a judge and a warrant would be granted within a matter of minutes.

Giving any human the powers to arrest arbitrarily without check is dangerous and would lead to serious abuse. Nigerian Police and other security forces break into people's houses, lock up suspects for months and search through people's phones, and commit all sorts of atrocities against innocent citizens and you are supporting this obnoxious law.

If this act actually exists, it should be challenged at the courts as it is blatantly against the constitution. The act cannot pass judicial scrutiny.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2022
Mrupdate11:

He had boys and friends that works for him, he even had a mole himself in the ndlea, so dey hardly found something everytime they come.

They have a mole and they pay handsomely, If you want to be free, you must also have a mole in the ndlea as well.

I knew it. This just proves beyond reasonable doubt what I know.

Do all your flexing on a low with as little interaction with outside as possible.

Your old man was a real strong though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Governorship: APC Buying Voters’ Cards, Culprits Arrested – PDP / Nigeria’s Rail Costs Exceed AU’s Estimates By Over 100% / Governor Adeleke campaigns with Osun East Senatorial district candidates(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.