Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 (17215 Views)

Security Forces Invade Orlu Community, Set Many Houses Ablaze, Make Arrests / Ganduje: Why Governors Are Afraid Of Signing Death Warrants / Police Fired Teargas On #RevolutionNow Protesters, Make Arrests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2022
wirinet:

The law itself is against the fundamental human rights of rights to dignity. Getting a warrants from a judge is very easy and straight forward. Just present your evidence and arguments before a judge and a warrant would be granted within a matter of minutes.

Giving any human the powers to arrest arbitrarily without check is dangerous and would lead to serious abuse. Nigerian Police and other security forces break into people's houses, lock up suspects for months and search through people's phones, and commit all sorts of atrocities against innocent citizens and you are supporting this obnoxious law.

If this act actually exists, it should be challenged at the courts as it is blatantly against the constitution. The act cannot pass judicial scrutiny.

Very well said.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by wirinet(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2022
01mcfadden:

US DEA
US DEA does not have powers to search your property without your permission or a court warrant.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by manontree: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2022
Any act that is inconsistent with the constitution is void to the extent of its inconsistencies

The courts would strike this down if tested
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by wirinet(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
Unshackled:
the section you quoted said when there's reason to believe.

Now you're leading people to believe this is a blanket power or absolute authority.

But I'm not surprised, you even write like one with interrupted education.
Why can't the reason be presented before a judge?

Most times Police fish for reason after breaking into your property or after arrest.
Police have entered my shop before and attempted to drop a small pack of marijuana. Luckily someone saw him and raised an alarm. I am my workers raked so loud that people gathered. The police left in shame. This happened about 7 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Unshackled: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2022
wirinet:

Why can't the reason be presented before a judge?

Most times Police fish for reason after breaking into your property or after arrest.
Police have entered my shop before and attempted to drop a small pack of marijuana. Luckily someone saw him and raised an alarm. I am my workers raked so loud that people gathered. The police left in shame. This happened about 7 years ago.
nope, you didn't interpret that section or understand it well.

Without sufficient REASON, POLICE, NDLEA NEED WARRANT.

However in circumstances when they have reason to believe a crime is about being committed, they don't need warrant.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by MarketDispatch: 9:07am On Feb 26, 2022
So, Abba Kyari is looking at 25 years imprisonment for tampering with the exhibits.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by erniok(m): 9:07am On Feb 26, 2022
OneCorner:
So when US arrested el chapo and some otter drug rings, they served them search warrant first
US never arrested El Chapo. Don't re-write history to suit you.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by nmanma1(f): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2022
chatinent:
The provision didn't state that dem fit collect too if dem loose guard. Well, contact me for research writing services.
can we talk on d Research aspect
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by erniok(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2022
Is it me or no one else noticed that was a 1992 act of the military. This is Democratic dispensation and one would have expected our legislators to amend them but no, they are after their pockets.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by wirinet(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2022
Unshackled:
nope, upu didn't interpret that section or understand it well.

Without REASON, POLICE, NDLEA NEED WARRANT.

However in circumstances when they have reason to believe a crime is about being committed, they don't need warrant.

Yes in active cases where a crime is in progress, of course it would unreasonable to expect a warrant before a crime is bursted. But the "without reason" clause can be interpreted and abused wrongly. The law needs to clarify that distinction.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Golan007: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

Your father was a rat for years??
Read to understand.

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Mrupdate11: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

I knew it. This just proves beyond reasonable doubt what I know.

Do all your flexing on a low with as little interaction with outside as possible.

Your old man was a real strong though.

Nice one my gee
Make we connect (watsap)
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by drololaaof: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2022
How do we know if it is a fake officers with fake identity card ? Where is law that permits ID card as search warrant and detention order ? . Raiding people
house in the dead of the night is it permissible?
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by DeepSight(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Unshackled:
nope, upu didn't interpret that section or understand it well.

Without REASON, POLICE, NDLEA NEED WARRANT.

Any oaf off the streets can tell you that reasons can be invented in split seconds and discarded in split seconds as well.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by chatinent: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2022
nmanma1:
can we talk on d Research aspect

Why not? chatinent@gmail.com
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by SportsHD: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2022
I thought about this too. Any security agency in Nigeria can come to your place without search warrant and arrest you or search your premises. The one they did to zinoleesky was just a witch hunt. They knew those niggas would always have drugs on them and they can afford to cough out huge sums for bail or bribe.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Barrack72(m): 9:47am On Feb 26, 2022
Oga if you don't have anything to say just keep Sh**t, why dem no invade tinubu and his kids house those are harden drug takers and you here ranting they have access to search .make dem come Bayelsa nah come search militant house . maybe you go de here de talk nonsense.

AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1497441408298491908?t=K9CESgN_Fs_4EYHRiI9tTQ&s=19
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by boladale123: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2022
If you guys don't like any of laws of the land, please get you PVC and vote in people of good conscience and character to review the bad laws.
We can't win on social media without participating in democracy.
The time to decide on Nigeria's future is now.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 9:53am On Feb 26, 2022
Golan007:

Read to understand.

Who is this idiot. Did you not see the thread between and the person I replied?

Are you stupid?
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Omobada(m): 10:05am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
Lie, no one is allowed to break into another person's House without permit except if its issues of National security. This Jeff guy is a popular Twitter BMC so I dont expect less.
Even as u have his proof immediately above u. Are you kidding or what?
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by orisa37: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2022
Search Public Properties not Private ones, otherwise you will be Trespassing.

You are too frivolous in planting ALIBI.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Golan007: 10:30am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

Who is this idiot. Did you not see the thread between and the person I replied?

Are you stupid?

I'm not your father.

I don't know what you've been told.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2022
Golan007:

I'm not your father.

mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Rule 2
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Golan007: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2022
AchalugoNwa:
mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Rule 2

Why not copy United Nations and BBC?

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by drealcivilceno(m): 10:51am On Feb 26, 2022
parfhecto:
Lie, no one is allowed to break into another person's House without permit except if its issues of National security. This Jeff guy is a popular Twitter BMC so I dont expect less.

You are seeing the act there and you still arguing?

Come to terms with reality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by GenAbacha(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2022
Golan007:

I'm not your father.

Lmao!

You’re not even a quarter of the man.

Imbecilic imp.
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by Golan007: 11:07am On Feb 26, 2022
GenAbacha:

Lmao!

You’re not even a quarter of the man.

Imbecilic imp.

When did you get to know him?

Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by DEADALIVE: 11:31am On Feb 26, 2022
They cannot raid agege , under bridge oshodi mushin , obalende, ajah and mushin where they smoke hard drugs openly....
Stupid country
Re: NDLEA Is Allowed To Search, Make Arrests Without Warrants - JeffPhilips1 by HarunaWest(m): 11:31am On Feb 26, 2022
Duplik8t77:
Where else is this nonsense done in the world. See this animal basking in lawlessness
It is done everywhere else you slowpoke. Where have you been to in this world sef? Have you asked your guys in Malaysia,China, Dubai, U.A.E, Phillipines et al how the officers raid them anyhow?. Una go just sit-down for Naija dey form activist. You are dealing on drugs NDLEA burst you, una dey comment. Even the zinoleesky and moGood didn't say kpim,una dey cap anyhow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Jigawa For PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Death Toll In Jos Village Massacre Reach 90 / Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.