Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? (549 Views)

No Compulsion In Religion - Really? / I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion / Mu'tazila: Use Of Rationality In Islamic Theology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2022
Muslims often lay claim that there is no compulsion in religion but the same Quran states that there is compulsion in the religion of Allah:

“So is it other than the religion of Allāh they desire, while to Him have submitted [all] those within the heavens and earth, willingly or by compulsion, and to Him they will be returned?”
-Surah 3:83

The verse below states that there is no compulsion:

There shall be no compulsion in the religion. The right course has become distinct from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in ṭāghūt and believes in Allāh has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allāh is Hearing and Knowing.
-Surah 2:256

Which one do we believe?

If there is no compulsion in Islamic religion, why did Muhammad say that anyone that changes his religion should be killed?

Sunan an-Nasa'i 4059
Ibn 'Abbas said:
"The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'Whoever changes his religion, kill him.'"

And this

Sahih al-Bukhari 6922
Narrated `Ikrima:
Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to `Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn `Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 8:55am On Feb 26, 2022
All of them are correct. In an Islamic state (Country) changing one's religion is forbidden.

But Christians and Jews can live therein in peace with Muslims.
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
All of them are correct. In an Islamic state (Country) changing one's religion is forbidden.

So there is both compulsion and also no compulsion in Islam?

Quran is just full of contradictions !

1 Like

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Muhammad’s desire was to order Christians and Jews out of the Arab peninsula!

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1606
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:
That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian peninsula."

1 Like

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Feb 26, 2022
Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2022
advocatejare:

Muhammad’s desire was to order Christians and Jews out of the Arab peninsula!

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1606
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:
That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian peninsula."

There are many hadiths you just don't understand. What is the settings/ context of the above hadith?
And what are the settings of the other hadiths you quoted?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2022
advocatejare:

So there is both compulsion and also no compulsion in Islam?

In a Muslim country, a Muslim is not allowed to turn against his country! However Christians and Jews are allowed to leave peacefully.

Quran is just full of contradictions !

Where are the contradictions in the Qur'an in this thread?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

It is forbidden and the penalty is to kill anyone that renounce Islam, is that good? Did you see Jehovah commanding the people of the book to kill anyone that renounce his Judaism or Christianity religion by joining Islam?

Since Islam has been in existence since the days of Adam, Moses, Abraham, Noah, etc you should be able to tell us if Yahweh said kill anyone that leave Judaism by joining Islam
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

RightChannel:

It is forbidden and the penalty is to kill anyone that renounce Islam, is that good? Did you see Jehovah commanding the people of the book to kill anyone that renounce his Judaism or Christianity religion by joining Islam?

Since Islam has been in existence since the days of Adam, Moses, Abraham, Noah, etc you should be able to tell us if Yahweh said kill anyone that leave Judaism by joining Islam

Read thread full before jumping in!
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Can't you see this or we should explain the Contradictions in this thread as read from the Quran?

There is compulsion in the religion of Allah:

“So is it other than the religion of Allāh they desire, while to Him have submitted [all] those within the heavens and earth, willingly or by compulsion, and to Him they will be returned?”

There shall be no compulsion in the religion. The right course has become distinct from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in ṭāghūt and believes in Allāh has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allāh is Hearing and Knowing.
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Read thread full before jumping in!

I've read it, come and defend your allah and his messenger
RightChannel:

Is a thing you can seek for google's help to assist you by searching for a passage in the Bible where Yahweh says kill anyone that renounce his Judaism by joining Islam since Islam started with Adam
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2022
RightChannel:

I've read it, come and defend your allah and his messenger
Can you see that you lied previously saying Did you see Jehovah commanding the people of the book to kill anyone that renounce his Judaism or Christianity religion by joining Islam?

Is a thing you can seek for google's help to assist you by searching for a passage in the Bible where Yahweh says kill anyone that renounce his Judaism by joining Islam since Islam started with Adam

I already have a thread on it before so you lied that i used google!

Abeg stop telling lies for Jesus!
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 9:52am On Feb 26, 2022
RightChannel:

Can't you see this or we should explain the Contradictions in this thread as read from the Quran?

So how does this contradict one another as regards humans, Angels, Jinns and other creations/ creatures?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 9:58am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

So how does this contradict one another as regards humans, Angels, Jinns and other creations/ creatures?

Are you this daft?? A verse of your Quran says There is compulsion in the religion of Allah while another one says there is NO compulsion So which one will you go for as an agent of allah and Muhammad?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Can you see that you lied previously saying
Did you see Jehovah commanding the people of the book to kill anyone that renounce his Judaism or Christianity religion by joining Islam?

I lied grin show us where it is written in the Bible to kill anyone that renounce Judaism or Christianity by joining Islam, that is just it.

AntiChristian:

I already have a thread on it before so you lied that i used google!

Abeg stop telling lies for Jesus!

Then let us see the thread where it is written that Yahweh made such commandments to kill those that join Islam after accepting Judaism or Christianity
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2022
RightChannel:

Are you this daft??
No i am no! I think you are.

A verse of your Quran says There is compulsion in the religion of Allah while another one says there is NO compulsion So which one will you go for as an agent of allah and Muhammad?

Who is the first one referring to and who is the second verse referring to?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Indeed you are if you don't know

AntiChristian:

Are you asking me? We are pointing out at the contradictions in your Qur'an in this thread but see the question you are asking me, nawa oo
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2022
RightChannel:

Indeed you are if you don't know

Are you asking me? We are pointing out at the contradictions in your Qur'an in this thread but see the question you are asking me, nawa oo

Seems you don't even know much about the verses you quoted. See who is daft here now?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

There are many hadiths you just don't understand. What is the settings/ context of the above hadith?
And what are the settings of the other hadiths you quoted?
You tell me nah!

Muhammad couldn’t achieve that but his successors did so what are you talking about?

If muhammad meant a different thing should his so called rightly guarded caliphs have continued in his hatred of chasing the Jews and Christians away?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

In a Muslim country, a Muslim is not allowed to turn against his country! However Christians and Jews are allowed to leave peacefully.
Did muhammad have a country when he started killing apostates?

Rejecting Islam is not the same as turning against your country.

Killing those who leave Islam is an indication of compulsion on religion because you want to instill fears in others against leaving Islam

No compulsion in religion

There is compulsion in religion.

Those two are the contradictions!

1 Like

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 11:04am On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Same modus operandi of Muhammad, anytime he was exposed for lying, he used funny questions and insults to hide his ignorance

Sunan Ibn Majah 600
It was narrated from Zainab, the daughter of Umm Salamah, that :
Her mother Umm Salamah said: "Umm Sulaim came to the Prophet and asked him about a woman who sees in her dream something like a man sees. He said: 'Yes, if she sees water (discharge), let her take a bath.' I said: 'You have embarrassed the women. Do women experience wet dreams?' The Prophet said: 'May your hands be rubbed with dust, how else does her child resemble her?'"
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by AntiChristian: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
advocatejare:

Same modus operandi of Muhammad, anytime he was exposed for lying, he used funny questions and insults to hide his ignorance

Sunan Ibn Majah 600
It was narrated from Zainab, the daughter of Umm Salamah, that :
Her mother Umm Salamah said: "Umm Sulaim came to the Prophet and asked him about a woman who sees in her dream something like a man sees. He said: 'Yes, if she sees water (discharge), let her take a bath.' I said: 'You have embarrassed the women. Do women experience wet dreams?' The Prophet said: 'May your hands be rubbed with dust, how else does her child resemble her?'"

When he started the abuse you didn't see that but you saw and respond to my reply to him.

That is Christianity!

RightChannel:

Are you this daft?? A verse of your Quran says There is compulsion in the religion of Allah while another one says there is NO compulsion So which one will you go for as an agent of allah and Muhammad?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

When he started the abuse you didn't see that but you saw and respond to my reply to him.
I responded to your mention of me

That is Christianity!

Christians don’t use the Quran, those citations are from your Quran saying there is compulsion in religion and at the same time saying there is no compulsion!

1 Like

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by mhmsadyq(m): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
advocatejare:
Muslims often lay claim that there is no compulsion in religion but the same Quran states that there is compulsion in the religion of Allah:

Which one do we believe?

If there is no compulsion in Islamic religion, why did Muhammad say that anyone that changes his religion should be killed?

And this

I think your interpretation of the verse is the problem, rather than the verse.
[3:83] Āl ‘Imrān-آل عِمْرَان
"اَفَغَیۡرَ دِیۡنِ اللّٰہِ یَبۡغُوۡنَ وَ لَہٗۤ اَسۡلَمَ مَنۡ فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ طَوۡعًا وَّ کَرۡہًا وَّ اِلَیۡہِ یُرۡجَعُوۡنَ ﴿۸۳﴾

Do they seek some din (religion) other than Allah’s? And whoever is in the heavens and the earth has embraced His obedience (whether) by choice or by constraint, and to Him shall they all be returned.

1 Like

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by advocatejare(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
mhmsadyq:

I think your interpretation of the verse is the problem, rather than the verse.
[3:83] Āl ‘Imrān-آل عِمْرَان
"اَفَغَیۡرَ دِیۡنِ اللّٰہِ یَبۡغُوۡنَ وَ لَہٗۤ اَسۡلَمَ مَنۡ فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ طَوۡعًا وَّ کَرۡہًا وَّ اِلَیۡہِ یُرۡجَعُوۡنَ ﴿۸۳﴾

Do they seek some din (religion) other than Allah’s? And whoever is in the heavens and the earth has embraced His obedience (whether) by choice or by constraint, and to Him shall they all be returned.

Same way your interpretation of the verse is the problem

Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

That is Christianity!

Who abuse you and can you point it out where you were abused?

You never answer this, which one will you go for as a Muslim and a slave of allah?

RightChannel:

A verse of your Quran says There is compulsion in the religion of Allah while another one says there is NO compulsion So which one will you go for?
Re: Is There Compulsion Or No Compulsion In Islamic Religion ? by RightChannel: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
AntiChristian:

Seems you don't even know much about the verses you quoted. See who is daft here now?

Let me come back to your level of understanding, explain the two verses then??

RightChannel:

(1) (Reply)

To Be A Muslim Lawyer In The Wes: T? / Zaadmaad Announces New Books @ Affordable Prices! / Thousands In Nigeria Peacefully Protest Anti- Muslim Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.