Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad (359 Views)

Little Girl Practices Hair Plaiting With Her Dad's Hairless Scalp (Pix, Video) / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / Woman Buries Her 5 Kids Who Died In A Fire Incident On Her Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 11:17am On Feb 26, 2022
Asking for a friend and colleague,I have a friend who is in a relationship with a man,has a baby for him,her dad recently passed away ,and they gave her the condition that she must be married,that is dowry has to be paid for her to play her role in the burial rights of the father,according to them ,they said it’s because she is the only child,on traditional ground is it compulsory,asking to know if it’s true
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by sweetonugbu: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
And if the man want her as a baby mama instead of a wife?. Maybe she will be permited to marry herself before she buries her father,BUNKUM.
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by frozen70(f): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:
Asking for a friend and colleague,I have a friend who is in a relationship with a man,has a baby for him,her dad recently passed away ,and they gave her the condition that she must be married,that is dowry has to be paid for her to play her role in the burial rights of the father,according to them ,they said it’s because she is the only child,on traditional ground is it compulsory,asking to know if it’s true

Nonsense, that same tradition if true should have made the father who has only one daughter, forbids to die until his daughter's dowry is paid
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:
Asking for a friend and colleague,I have a friend who is in a relationship with a man,has a baby for him,her dad recently passed away ,and they gave her the condition that she must be married,that is dowry has to be paid for her to play her role in the burial rights of the father, according to them ,they said it’s because she is the only child,on traditional ground is it compulsory, asking to know if it’s true
Na her village people wey give am the condition you suppose to dey ask this kain question. undecided

Traditions and cultures are optional, but many people submit to them as if do or die. So it is up to your friend to decide what she will do in her case. undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Acidosis(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
They give such stup!d orders because they know Nigerians too well. They know, like the typical Nigerian, she needs them (the law-makers) to pick aso-ebi and if possible the attention of the whole world to bury her father.

When she's ready to bury her father, she knows what to do. Who will stop her if she decides to walk to the mortuary?
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by GboyegaD(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
Who is defining these traditions? What is her mom's stance in all of these?
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Acidosis:

They give such stup!d orders because they know Nigerians too well. They know, like the typical Nigerian, she needs them (the law-makers) to pick aso-ebi and if possible the attention of the whole world to bury her father.

When she's ready to bury her father, she knows what to do. Who will stop her if she decides to walk to the mortuary?
he has being buried but to perform the normal traditional rights so she can pull off the black cloth
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:
he has being buried but to perform the normal traditional rights so she can pull off the black cloth
These traditions you speak of are as defined by whom? undecided

Since your friend submits herself to these traditions, I am afraid she has no other option than to bow to the conditions that follow them. It is her choice to make.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Acidosis(m): 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:

It's obvious she came from an occultic root/family. Black cloth wey she suppose don change to one sexy lingerie or dinner gown since!

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Acidosis:

It's obvious she came from an occultic root/family. Black cloth wey she suppose don change to one sexy lingerie or dinner gown since!
lol,not her,her mum
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
These traditions you speak of are as defined by whom? undecided

Since your friend submits herself to these traditions, I am afraid she has no other option than to bow to the conditions that follow them. It is her choice to make.. undecided
I meant she mum
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:
I meant she mum
If her mum is the one who subscribes to this tradition, and was married to her now dead father, what then is the issue?, undecided
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If her mum is the one who subscribes to this tradition, and was married to her now dead father, what then is the issue?, undecided
that’s what I don’t understand,I just showed her peoples comments
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
psalmz:
that’s what I don’t understand,I just showed her peoples comments
Make people no dey carry other people ebo put for head. If the mum is the one with the traditional tie, then let the woman handle her business. We are 2022, there is no need for anyone to tie self mentally to traditions and ideas that make no sense, and I am speaking from experience. undecided

You don bury the man - finish. Wetin be rite again? Only those who submit their minds freely to these ideas and rules should put up with it. undecided
Re: Must A Woman Who Is The Only Child Be Married Before She Buries Her Dad by psalmz(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Make people no dey carry other people ebo put for head. If the mum is the one with the traditional tie, then let the woman handle her business. We are 2022, there is no need for anyone to tie self mentally to traditions and ideas that make no sense, and I am speaking from experience. undecided
I am in agreement with this ,she actually wants them to do the into and trad with the burial at same time

(1) (Reply)

Have You Being Embarassed Because Of Bad English? / Why Ladies Find It Very Difficult To Find Husbands Nowadays (part 2) / Digital Marketing:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.