Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But (2822 Views)

Bashir El-Rufai: A Local Govt In Kano Has More Voting Power Than All South-East / COVID-19: Kano Has 10,000 Mosques But Only 25 Hospitals - Reno Omokri / Atiku Has A Good Case In Court! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Built2last: 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Emir of Kano has a good case against Air Peace but his palace official me$$ed up everything with his misplaced entitlement mentality.

His complaint was a rightous one but the remedy he sought from Air-Peace was undeniably wrong.

If Air Peace delayed their Banjul (Gambia) to Lagos flight by over an hour which made them arrive behind schedule for the Lagos-Kano flight, as alleged in the petition to the NCAA which Air Peace statement did not refute, then the Emir and his people were justified in expressing anger. And Air-Peace ought to be held accountable because the Emir and his entourage DID NOT deliberately arrive late for their 6:15am Lagos-Kano flight. The Air-line caused their lateness by delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight for whatever reason.

I hold the view that it is high time Airlines (I mean, all of them) were held responsible for cases of delayed flight or cancellation except in unavoidable cases such as bad whether or other safety reasons.

The problem in this case is, what the Emir reportedly asked Air-Peace to do as a remedy for delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight was to delay a Lagos-Kano first flight (which was already about taking off) for almost an hour to enable them join.

If Air-Peace had given in to that demand, it would have been akin to punishing innocent Kano-bound passengers just to assuage the good Emir and his entourage. I'm constrained to agree with Air-Peace that doing that would have exposed the revered traditional ruler to ridicule because the passengers would have surely revolted on seeing that a mere mortal was the reason they were kept waiting for an extra hour with its attendant losses in terms of missed appointments, meetings etc.

Solution to delayed flight cannot be to delay another flight. How can you keep people going about their businesses in an early morning first flight for a whole one hour just because you are waiting for one human being??

The claim that Air-Peace disrespected the Emir and by extension, the people of Kano is devoid of merit, in my opinion. That's unnecessary incitement and dog-whistling. And to think this claim was made even after the Airline had offered to put them in the 7am Lagos-Abuja flight from where they would be taken to Kano AT NO EXTRA COST makes it even more disappointingly appalling.

Had the Emir's complaint focused only on calling on the NCAA to make Air-Peace account for delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight for over one hour, it would have served the public more.

14 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by amuwo1980: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
This is more like it

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Naijabad: 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
Built2last:
The Emir of Kano has a good case against Air Peace but his palace official me$$ed up everything with his misplaced entitlement mentality.

His complaint was a rightous one but the remedy he sought from Air-Peace was undeniably wrong.

If Air Peace delayed their Banjul (Gambia) to Lagos flight by over an hour which made them arrive behind schedule for the Lagos-Kano flight, as alleged in the petition to the NCAA which Air Peace statement did not refute, then the Emir and his people were justified in expressing anger. And Air-Peace ought to be held accountable because the Emir and his entourage DID NOT deliberately arrive late for their 6:15am Lagos-Kano flight. The Air-line caused their lateness by delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight for whatever reason.

I hold the view that it is high time Airlines (I mean, all of them) were held responsible for cases of delayed flight or cancellation except in unavoidable cases such as bad whether or other safety reasons.

The problem in this case is, what the Emir reportedly asked Air-Peace to do as a remedy for delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight was to delay a Lagos-Kano first flight (which was already about taking off) for almost an hour to enable them join.

If Air-Peace had given in to that demand, it would have been akin to punishing innocent Kano-bound passengers just to assuage the good Emir and his entourage. I'm constrained to agree with Air-Peace that doing that would have exposed the revered traditional ruler to ridicule because the passengers would have surely revolted on seeing that a mere mortal was the reason they were kept waiting for an extra hour with its attendant losses in terms of missed appointments, meetings etc.

Solution to delayed flight cannot be to delay another flight. How can you keep people going about their businesses in an early morning first flight for a whole one hour just because you are waiting for one human being??

The claim that Air-Peace disrespected the Emir and by extension, the people of Kano is devoid of merit, in my opinion. That's unnecessary incitement and dog-whistling. And to think this claim was made even after the Airline had offered to put them in the 7am Lagos-Abuja flight from where they would be taken to Kano AT NO EXTRA COST makes it even more disappointingly appalling.

Had the Emir's complaint focused only on calling on the NCAA to make Air-Peace account for delaying their Banjul-Lagos flight for over one hour, it would have served the public more.

Well said.

4 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Frigga13: 12:51pm On Feb 26, 2022
Nigerianis al about sentiments and emotions..
Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by slivertongue: 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Overall the emir has no case

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Flamees(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
K
Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by naijaking1: 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
This is an opportunity for the government to better regulate and improve airline services in Nigeria, not just to massage the emir's ego.
Obviously, the bad transfer policy of the airlines was not made overnight to disrespect the emir, the emir simply had the first hand experience of what ordinary Nigerians go through everyday. This is an opportunity for NCAA to step in and correct the policy.

The emir calling on Kano citizens to punish the airline is wrong, and has no place in modern times. Calling the CEO Onyema out repeatedly is just a dog whistle for tribal attack on Igbos as usual. If you can call Onyema by 5:20am to demand special consideration, because his workers disrespected you, then you should also call Dangote anytime his truck drivers caused an accident or killed someone on the roads

Also, what will it look like if the Ooni if Ife, Obi of Onitsha, or Oba of Benin mobilize their citizens against Dangote trucks?

The emir's action here's wrong, petty, and not worthy of his office.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by JAMO84: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
The Emir should take the situation as something destined by the Almighty Allah.

Whether air peace delayed their flight for him or not, it doesn't change or increase his status.

Moreover, I like the way air peace handled the situation, they offered a good remedy that won't hurt anyone, but the Emir and his entourage rejected it.

AIR PEACE 1

EMIR BAYERO 0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by christejames(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
Well written and analysed...

So people still get common sense for this country?

One bottle of Hero for you!

6 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by HarunaWest(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
slivertongue:
Overall the emir has no case
The emir had a case. His P.A was the one that messed everything up. It was ought to be a connecting flight. Banjul to Lagos, Lagos to Kano. But the Banjul to Lagos Flight got delayed by an hour hence by the time they arrived Lagos, The Lagos-Kano flight don set for runway. So them no fit board them again

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by slimfit1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
naijaking1:
This is an opportunity for the government to better regulate and improve airline services in Nigeria, not just to massage the emir's ego.
Obviously, the bad transfer policy of the airlines was not made overnight to disrespect the emir, the emir simply had the first hand experience of what ordinary Nigerians go through everyday. This is an opportunity for NCAA to step in and correct the policy.

The emir calling on Kano citizens to punish the airline is wrong, and has no place in modern times. Calling the CEO Onyema out repeatedly is just a dog whistle for tribal attack on Igbos as usual. If you can call Onyema by 5:20am to demand special consideration, because his workers disrespected you, then you should also call Dangote anytime his truck drivers caused an accident or killed someone on the roads

Also, what will it look like if the Ooni if Ife, Obi of Onitsha, or Oba of Benin mobilize their citizens against Dangote trucks?

The emir's action here's wrong, petty, and not worthy of his office.

10 out of 10.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by anungangampu: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2022
Our officials in Nigeria only way of vexation is true tribalism. The card always sell

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by aribisala0(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
Built2last:

You are just trying to be noticed.
You have nothing meaningful to say

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Justiceleague1: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2022
Air peace is owned by an Igbo person, that's their migraine

10 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by mastermaestro(m): 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
This issue is more understandable now. Op thanks for the clarifications. The guys on the other thread were just rambling and turning everything tribal.

I think it shouldn’t have degenerated to this level. One had his business reputation to protect, while the other probably had important appointments to catch up with in Kano. But it seems the Emirate of Kano feels slighted by the airline’s refusal to deliberately delay a flight for his royal highness. Well the feeling isn’t totally off considering his status (I am not justifying the Emirate, please).

Reporting the airline and dragging them publicly are steps taken too far by the Emirate of Kano. I think Oyeama should reach out personally to the Emirate since he has had close contacts with them before now. He shouldn’t leave this issue in the hands of his employees. As the CEO, he should head to Kano and see the Emir in person. This is my own view.

The longer this matter drags, the more the embellishments and account twisting.

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Wazobia2216: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
Built2last:

I'm constrained to agree with Air-Peace that doing that would have exposed the revered traditional ruler to ridicule because the passengers would have surely revolted on seeing that a mere mortal was the reason they were kept waiting for an extra hour with its attendant losses in terms of missed appointments, meetings etc.

Bearing all these in mind, so what's the essence of your ranting then

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Dmano: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
I like your analysis, they should settled it amicably
Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Wazobia2216: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
Built2last:

What was the cause of flight delay from Banjul-Lagos

Naturally causes like technicalities can occur which is natural in some case but how do you start explaining to the pilot, crew, and everyone that matters that we are waiting for the Emir and his entourage

If the emir was wise and was not trying to play God, he wouldn't have suggested this in the first place!

Ah ah, out of respect, at their own cost, they were still willing to fly you to your destination, you still decide to make issue out of it!

Just trying to create problem where there I none yet you claim religion of piss all the time!

What's peaceful about all these moves

A traditional leader should know better!

The emir of Kano should have called the airline boss and thank him for making another arrangements for him!

He (emir) would have gained more respect that trying to create chaos in a country already at the brink of collapse

Is he being helpful or trying to add fuel to the fire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by NoToPile: 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
What's the whole hullabo even about sef?

So because an airpeace flight was delayed from Gambia, the local airpeace flight should also be delayed to accommodate a respected person? Nope that's not proper, it doesn't work that way.

If they have issues with the delayed flight they can decide to take it up with airpeace as to why their flight was delayed that's a whole different issue entirely but that's not their problem.

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Ojiofor: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
Built2last:

Next time give credit to the original copy right owner.

4 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Tumbulum: 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2022
Entitlement mentality is all I see here. Trying to play God when you are not better than the street almajiri.

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by udele1: 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
He should go to court.
Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by amuwo1980: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ojiofor:

Next time give credit to the original copy right owner.
Are u kidding me? This is a criminal offense , nairaland shud sanction this guy fast

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Ojiofor: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
amuwo1980:

Are u kidding me? This is a criminal offense , nairaland shud sanction this guy fast

He copied everything verbatim from Charles Ogbu's facebook page.

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by System202: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
Tumbulum:
Entitlement mentality is all I see here. Trying to play God when you are not better than the street almajiri.

Inyamuris ur end is near. Who have entitlement mentality more than u idiots? If it's one obi Bola or chief emeka will eirpeace do the same to them or Just bcs this one is from north? We know u hate us but for ur info our hate will consume u. Let any factory product campaign here in the north and see if we will not stone him. Shegu Arna

4 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by Tumbulum: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
System202:

Inyamuris ur end is near. Who have entitlement mentality more than u idiots? If it's one obi Bola or chief emeka will eirpeace do the same to them or Just bcs this one is from north? We know u hate us but for ur info our hate will consume u. Let any factory product campaign here in the north and see if we will not stone him. Shegu Arna
let that almajiri go and buy a plan and stop disturbing the cyber space. First class monarch my ass. Almjiri king won drag plan with a successful igbo business man. They think this one na politics that require almajiri numerical strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by udele1: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
System202:

This is the mentality that created bokoharam. The same Bokoharam has cost Nigeria a lot of resources till date.

Why do you have to stone and use violence as a method to resolve issues in this 21st century?

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
udele1:

This is the mentality that created bokoharam. The same Bokoharam has cost Nigeria a lot of resources till date.

Why do you have to stone and use violence as a method to resolve issues in this 21st century?
That's the mentality that created IPOB. Say it as it is. You are still genuflecting for your masters son even on a faceless forum. You go Taya udele.

1 Like

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by greenmonk: 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
Wazobia2216:

What was the cause of flight delay from Banjul-Lagos

Naturally causes like technicalities can occur which is natural in some case but how do you start explaining to the pilot, crew, and everyone that matters that we are waiting for the Emir and his entourage

If the emir was wise and was not trying to play God, he wouldn't have suggested this in the first place!

Ah ah, out of respect, at their own cost, they were still willing to fly you to your destination, you still decide to make issue out of it!

Just trying to create problem where there I none yet you claim religion of piss all the time!

What's peaceful about all these moves

A traditional leader should know better!

The emir of Kano should have called the airline boss and thank him for making another arrangements for him!

He (emir) would have gained more respect that trying to create chaos in a country already at the brink of collapse

Is he being helpful or trying to add fuel to the fire
The irony of the brouhaha is that delaying the 6.00 flight for one hour is the same as the 7.00 flight which the emirate refused to accept instead of delaying the first flight.

3 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by slivertongue: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
HarunaWest:
The emir had a case. His P.A was the one that messed everything up. It was ought to be a connecting flight. Banjul to Lagos, Lagos to Kano. But the Banjul to Lagos Flight got delayed by an hour hence by the time they arrived Lagos, The Lagos-Kano flight don set for runway. So them no fit board them again

If that plan had crashed, wud he be claiming rights? Shey he would thank God and air peace for the one hour delay.
What has happened is part of lfe

2 Likes

Re: The Emir Of Kano Has A Good Case Against Air Peace But by amuwo1980: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ojiofor:

He copied everything verbatim from Charles Ogbu's facebook page.
How can I delete my response to it ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amechi Made The Biggest Sacrifice For APC; However, May The Will Of God Be Done / House To House Campagin For Peter Obi In North / Seun Osewa Suspends 'Investigation Of Peter Obi's History'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.