Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order (44878 Views)

US Wants Europeans To Join Standoff Against China / Ukrainian War: G7 Countries Should Mind Its Own Business - China / Russia-ukraine War: Time Will Prove Our Position – China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by guywitzerogal(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
jmoore:

Because na only Putin get nuke. Una just dey hype that dude.
you just confirmed that you don't know what is called NUKE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by capip120(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
SIRTee15:
Enough of all this stupid analysis. No where did the fool condemn Russian invasion of a sovereign country.

I'm sure if America invade Mexico for whatever reason, this fool writer will be screaming to the top of his lungs shouting imperialist monster. Now it's Russia doing gangsterism on global stage, he's seeking meaningless justification and rationalisation. Some people no just get sense.

When America invaded Iraq, the whole world condemned it.
Even American forces were criticised for getting involved in Syrian civil war without any formal invitation. That was one of the drawback of Obama's administration.
What is good for the gander is good for the goose? Enough of all this hypocrisy.
On this matter, I stand with the Ukrainians. Russia is evil.
If Putin wants Ukraine to turn eastward, he should offer them a better deal. Simple.

This is not a matter of throwing spittle and calling someone a fool.
Go and become the Ukrainian president and agree to all establish a military base hosting foreign troops and see if you won't be bombed to smitreans grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Blackfriday: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
olas24u:

All NATO members have American weapon systems, so they cant do anything without America, Ukraine should opt to be like japan ,japan cannot participate in war
I rarely jump on people's mention here but it's getting harder by the day.

I'm sorry but you are plainly dumb.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by aribisala0(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
SIRTee15:
Enough of all this stupid analysis. No where did the fool condemn Russian invasion of a sovereign country.

I'm sure if America invade Mexico for whatever reason, this fool writer will be screaming to the top of his lungs shouting imperialist monster. Now it's Russia doing gangsterism on global stage, he's seeking meaningless justification and rationalisation. Some people no just get sense.

When America invaded Iraq, the whole world condemned it.
Even American forces were criticised for getting involved in Syrian civil war without any formal invitation. That was one of the drawback of Obama's administration.
What is good for the gander is good for the goose? Enough of all this hypocrisy.
On this matter, I stand with the Ukrainians. Russia is evil.
If Putin wants Ukraine to turn eastward, he should offer them a better deal. Simple.
When America invaded Iraq the whole world did not condemn it. That is false. America did not invade alone they were there with NATO so NATO members did not condemn it

The truth is many people appear to believe the ideological fantasy of freedom and democracy.

One needs to understand certain mindsets.

What was the mindset of Europe in the 1880s that sat down in Berlin to share Africa out among European nations
What was the Mindset in Europe in 1945 with regard to Security in Europe

Without psychological undertsanding of mindset evolution over time it is difficult to understand behaviour

Russia suffered the most from WW 2 in terms of lives lost. More than Europe including Germany and the USA COMBINED

Why and how did that happen ? Because Russia's neighbours like Poland, Romania etc were weak and their territories were used to invade Russia
At the end of it they lost 24 million people

So the Russian mindset to security is that their neighbours territory cannot be militarized by NATO just like Israel is against Iran developing nuclear weapons.

That does not make it right but in this world might is often right unfortunately.

Europe is a place of sides you cannot sit on the fence. Russia want a demilitarized zone between it and NATO

5 Likes

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by jesmond3945: 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
ivolt:

The issue right now is Russia invading Ukraine.
Try to stay on topic.
is history repeating itself bro. Those who fail to learn from history have themselves to blame. It was britain that helped Nigeria to bomb Biafran citizens. In a nutshell, the west is guilty of what russia is doing.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by luminouz(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
dvkot:
This is America war.. They pushed for it knowing their action will trigger Russia but as always they will twist the media and make it look like Russia is the bad guy, every single thing they do is in their selfish interest.. Even if it means disrupting the economy of other nations just as they are asking Saudi to do
Damn!!
The Saudis responses are delicious. I love it!!! grin

People like nairalanders e-warriors think it's emotion and not logic that get things done
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by VicM6: 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
Ode, USA invaded and killed more than one millionaire Iraqis and nothing happened!
Iraqis are suicide bombers, period.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Lucrativress(f): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
ICEWIN:

bros kindly do you research properly. Ghadaffi is a bad person not because USA made the world believe, but because that's Ghadaffi personality
Gaddafi had his good part he played even whilst being brutal.
Gaddafi was a self made nemesis the people did.
One way or the other, history made something plain.
Gaddafi's reign was better than he left it.
Facts are just hard to consume.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Olumaeme:

Who your neighbours make friends with is non of your business, except of course, you are also a criminal and have eaten the forbidden fruit.

Why should Russia be treathened by who an independent country decides to mingle with?

How sure are you about that statement of yours? Not only make friends with them but also brings them home. One day, you will just be woken up from your sleep in the middle of the night to see a knife to your throat and some criminals queueing to taste your wife and daughters and you will be helpless because it would have been too late.

5 Likes

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by gambojimeta: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lucrativress:

And which looks the closest from the Map?
Putin is seeing how tight his cards are getting.
He needs to hold on to Ukraine.
If he went diplomatic with the rest,he isn't ready to loose this last card (Ukraine) that will be giving way to a big blow.
It faster to get to Moscow from Estonia than from Ukraine.

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by ivolt: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
if russia attacks nato or america, just know world war 3 has started. A war of nuclear weapons.
There would be no nuclear war regardless.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by darediamond(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
WoundedLamb:

I don't live in Nigeria and I do not know much about Nigeria but I'm certain people like would be the first to call Buhari a tyrant if he disobeyed one court order. You're probably amongst those that supported the EndSars protest. You're here typing your opinion peacefully while trashtalking the democracy that made it possible.Talk is indeed cheap. That's all I have to say.
Now just as Ukraine President, see how shot yourself in the foot.
You know not much about Nigeria and you said I am Trash talking.
Are you sensible there??
Are you?

Do I even need to sigth Nigeria as an example before you know that Putin is fighting for the freedom of everyone from this Jackals in Washington and London?

What as become of Libya and Syria now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Blackfriday: 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I'm 28 years old, sir
alright then, I won't excuse your ignorance.

You are plainly dumb by not knowing little international history and showing all boldness to showcase your ignorance on public space.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by naijaman2225(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
ONE-SIDED PRO RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA PASSING OFF AS 'NEWS ANALYSIS' . NO SURPRISE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE 'PROGRESSIVE' INCLINATION OF THE WRITER.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by greggng: 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
not only that, they bombed libya and invaded and occupied Afghanistan.

You are naive .let me educate you . There was this thing called Arab spring....
It started from Tunisia, enter Egypt and when it gets to lybia .
.Gaddafi refused to resign and rather he started killing his people. USA and the world were watching. When it was getting out of hand . The world entervained. Only a sane person will support a leader who is killing his citizens.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Masterito(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lol, nukes will also destroy Russia too.
naija4life247:
If Europe especially former Soviet Union States continues forming alliance with USA and allowing USA to build military bases in Europe and near Russia, then one day, we will all wake up in Hell because Putin will nuke all of us.

If your neighbour keeps making friends with Cultists and Criminals, if you don't invade your neighbour's house and eject everyone, one day you will be attacked and sent packing from your house, that is, if you are not raped, maimed and killed.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by jesmond3945: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2022
ivolt:

There would be no nuclear war regardless.
says who lol.
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Lucrativress(f): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
darediamond:
Point of correction: They did not Run to Covert NATO. It is USA and Britain that is gathering all for Russian sub states into to sourround Russia and go for the kill later by violently disintegrating Him via same color revolution and importation of Foreign Terrorists.

Now to all of you condemning Russia, What as Nigeria and Other Nations especially in Africa benefited from America/Britain style of democracy other than raising pupet capitalist amongst us as a nation which they are using to further steal our resources??

What do we as Africans expecially gain from the International Monetary Fund organization?.

What

Why did General Abacha shut that useless building up in his days?

You think Abacha death was ordinary? Likewise M.K.O?

Was it not there agent C.I.A that killed both of them?

Had it been Babangida agree to Abiola's victory of June 12 do you think Britain will spare Him too?

See, The Anglo Saxon loves not you nor me.

They are Private Family at the Top who always uses divide and rule tactics as well as Lies and outright Wickedness of varying degrees to take over any nation.

Putin is trying to save us from there claws.

Better be Bullied by a Sensible Bully Like Putin than Those Merciless Killers In LONDON AND WASHINGTON.
Do I have a problem?
Cause I tend to like all the authoritarian regimes.
I'm one of Abacha's fan till date cause really ehn,his regime was better than any other.
We only lived in fear and every other thing our parents said.
What we forget is we didn't actually live in lack,we didn't live in insufficiencies,we didn't live in gross nepotism.
We were more sovereign than ever.
History paints people bad because we want to make them look bad,we forget the positive part they did

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by gambojimeta: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
not only that, they bombed libya and invaded and occupied Afghanistan.

The kremlin too invaded Afghanistan and they got a bloody nose from the mujahideens

And NATO/America Libya's invasion was at the request of the United Nation Security Council which Russia is one of the 5 permanent members of the security Council.

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by iJhoe(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
franchasng:
Most of you supporting Putin are senseless cretins that lack understanding of what is really happening.

Putin did not invade Ukraine because Ukraine a former USSR wants to join NATO, its a useless excuse.

Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia are all former

USSR and share closer borders with Russia and they are all members of NATO since 2004, why haven't Russia invaded them since Russia don't want former USSR nations to join NATO?

If Russia is that strong and fearless like Putin is making you urchins believe, let him invade Latvia or Estonia or Lithuania and punish them for joining NATO, of course he knows that if he dares that, US and NATO will delete Russia from the face of earth and that's why they paunced on the most vulnerable prey, Ukraine.

Putin's excuse of invading Ukraine is useless and lack no merit.

If he wants to assist the new breakaway regions of Luhansk and Donetsk then let him go to those regions and station his army and wait for Ukraine to near those regions.

Putin is a madman and all those supporting him are senseless cretins, mostly senseless Muslim terrorists and their senseless sympathizers.

Let's be a bit objective when we argue and not emotional. Emotion has a way of beclouding reasoning at the detriment of sound judgement.

Latvia, Estonia and the likes you mentioned joined NATO what year?

Putin made it clear that Ukraine- " about-to" will be the redline in joining the expansionist America's NATO.

This is double-standard
And clear hypocrisy on the part of America and Nato to Lure Ukraine on. Putin seemed justified

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by olas24u(f): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
Blackfriday:
I rarely jump on people's mention here but it's getting harder by the day.

I'm sorry but you are plainly dumb.

Lol!you do not have any input,well once you join nato they upgrade your systems and tell you the types of weapons to use .The military industrail complex are in business also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by InoGetJoy: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
Blackfriday:
alright then, I won't excuse your ignorance.

You are plainly dumb by not knowing little international history and showing all boldness to showcase your ignorance on public space.
I put it to you, sir, that you're the one who has been blinded by sensationalism and crass illiteracy on international geo-politics. I, however, wont blame you in this regard, as I've discovered most people (you, for example) would prefer to digest anything that the media shoves down their throats, than to do any research for themselves

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Victerica(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
But why was the Soviet Union dissolved in the first place?
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by wilzindinero: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
we the blacks are our own problems and not white, Arabs or Asian. the day the black man choose to do- away with his greedy & wicked thoughts is the day we will be liberated from this self inflicted agony called Dearth of leadership!
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by NightHawke: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
I like your article as it is a balanced viewpoint. The Ukrainian government should have realized that post-Afghanistan hurried withdrawal of US troops will not permit America to be drawn into another war in a hurry. Equally, while we look north towards Russia and Ukraine conflict old foes of America are watching closely to hit it or its allies/interests such as North Korea, Iran, and China.

Let us be honest here can America be at ease if Alaska were to fall to Russian control or if it wakes up tomorrow and Canada becomes an ally of Iran or North Korea.

In the same way, Ukraine is strategic to Russia too, and let's not forget that the breakaway away states of the former USSR remain tied to Russia's umbilical cord.

Finally, I hope some form of face-saving agreement will bring much-needed peace.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by dvkot(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
luminouz:

Damn!!
The Saudis responses are delicious. I love it!!! grin

People like nairalanders e-warriors think it's emotion and not logic that get things done
are you minding them , Russia is just going easy on Ukraine even though Ukraine have the highest number of casualty u will never see it in the western controlled media, awon wery ukraine is just a usa pawn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by WoundedLamb: 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
darediamond:
Now just as Ukraine President, see how shot yourself in the foot.
You know not much about Nigeria and you said I am Trash talking.
Are you sensible there??
Are you?

Do I even need to sigth Nigeria as an example before you know that Putin is fighting for the freedom of everyone from this Jackals in Washington and London?

What as become of Libya and Syria now?

Your probably were eager to respond you failed to understand. I said you trashtalked democracy, which you actually did. I don't need to be Nigerian or live in Nigeria to see what your clearly wrote.

Now Putin is a freedom fighter. Lol. Of all the pro Putin comments I've read, yours is probably the funniest. Putin is killing civilians in Ukraine for the freedom of everyone. Wow... that's a whole new level.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by Avajay: 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
No way Putin will nukes the world. America gez the intel and Russia will be hit before he even think of doing so.
That was how he was denying that he will not invade Ukraine while already the American had the intel about his planned invasion]

If Europe especially former Soviet Union States continues forming alliance with USA and allowing USA to build military bases in Europe and near Russia, then one day, we will all wake up in Hell because Putin will nuke all of us.

If your neighbour keeps making friends with Cultists and Criminals, if you don't invade your neighbour's house and eject everyone, one day you will be attacked and sent packing from your house, that is, if you are not raped, maimed and killed.[/quote]
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by luminouz(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
franchasng:
Most of you supporting Putin are senseless cretins that lack understanding of what is really happening.

Putin did not invade Ukraine because Ukraine a former USSR wants to join NATO, its a useless excuse.

Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia are all former USSR and share closer borders with Russia and they are all members of NATO since 2004, why haven't Russia invaded them since Russia don't want former USSR nations to join NATO?

If Russia is that strong and fearless like Putin is making you urchins believe, let him invade Latvia or Estonia or Lithuania and punish them for joining NATO, of course he knows that if he dares that, US and NATO will delete Russia from the face of earth and that's why they paunced on the most vulnerable prey, Ukraine.

Putin's excuse of invading Ukraine is useless and lack no merit.

If he wants to assist the new breakaway regions of Luhansk and Donetsk then let him go to those regions and station his army and wait for Ukraine to near those regions.

Putin is a madman and all those supporting him are senseless cretins, mostly senseless Muslim terrorists and their senseless sympathizers.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your emotional outburst can power my generator for a week. Watch your BP aiit?

It's a shame you don't know whether Russia or Ukraine, they still don't like blacks!!! They don't even like, respect or give a fuq about you or me. Why don't you focus your energies closer to home and let's get rid of our useless leaders ehn?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by InoGetJoy: 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
jmoore:

Because na only Putin get nuke. Una just dey hype that dude.
Even India has nuclear weapons, but an important factor here is the delivery systems. A nuke from India can easily be intercepted by US air defence systems, but can hypersonic nukes from Russia be intercepted? Currently, No.
In case you don't know, Russia is far ahead of US in terms on missile tech. While US was busy pillaging Afghanistan, Russia was quietly busy with research and development. The future of warfare is missiles and space tech, and no longer aircraft carriers

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by tamdun: 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
ivolt:

At least one of you Putin urchins should prove me wrong.
Show some intelligence no matter how little.
U are the unintelligent one here, America keep hiding under nato alliance to build camp around Russia, why can't they accept Mexico, Cuba, and other South American countries, why must it be countries around Russia?
Re: Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order by chronique(m): 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
I honestly don't know what America and NATO have in mind with their expansion eastward. Since NATO was formed, it has not been attacked by any country. It's not like they need more soldiers or money or whatever... So, what is the reason for their advancement towards Russia, knowing fully well that the US and Russia do not have a smooth relationship and this dates back to the soviet days. What exactly is the need for the expansion?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals / Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos) / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.