Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) (47048 Views)

USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia / 2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by tjclassix: 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nigeria has banned the export of oloshos to Russia
Dshocker:
I didn't see Nigeria on the list?
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by tjclassix: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
Our Yahoo boys should first free their Russian maga... Let's start from there.
ultimateprof:
We the Nigerians will soon place our sanction on Russia. We're yet to conclude on the kind of sanction.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2022
hermesprogidy:

LoL. Nothing someone will not read on Nairaland grin Were USSR and Russia seperate countries? Russia was Capital of USSR before the fall of the Iron curtain. USSR had total control of East Germany, so how were they seeking protection from German unification under the Warsaw Treaty? You just wrote plenty nonsense up there. grin grin
I did write nonsense.
Most of you think the world started immediately after the invention of YouTube.

I wrote "Both USSR and Russia" simply because before the fall of USSR, there was a demand for them to join Nato (after the dissolution of Warsaw Treaty Organization which only contain Soviet countries) and after the fall of USSR (now Russia) there was still a request to join Nato.
Please, read up on this before you come back and quote me.

There was a pact enacted in Warsaw which was called WTO and it was equivalent to Nato.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
hermesprogidy:

LoL. Nothing someone will not read on Nairaland grin Were USSR and Russia seperate countries? Russia was Capital of USSR before the fall of the Iron curtain. USSR had total control of East Germany, so how were they seeking protection from German unification under the Warsaw Treaty? You just wrote plenty nonsense up there. grin grin
I did write nonsense.

I wrote "Both USSR and Russia" simply because before the fall of USSR, there was a demand for them to join Nato (after the dissolution of Warsaw Treaty Organization which only contain Soviet countries) and after the fall of USSR (now Russia) there was still a request to join Nato.

There was a pact enacted in Warsaw which was called WTO and it was equivalent to Nato.
Either way, you can ask Jimasun or
Funkyswagzz to teach you more on this.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
Connected1:

The Intelligent one, Please tell us about the bolded
Please and Please
America spent almost 20 trillion dollars to prosecute war in middle east. It's part of the reason why their economy is in mess right now and they are/will continue to pay for it.
Now imagine $20 trillion dollar is invested into their economy
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Connected1: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Patriot9:

America spent almost 20 trillion dollars to prosecute war in middle east. It's part of the reason why their economy is in mess right now and they are/will continue to pay for it.
Now imagine $20 trillion dollar is invested into their economy
Lies they say, so that you believe them.

If they had succeeded in claiming these regions from the acclaimed terrorists, they would make ten times of the money they spent on that nation from natural resources.

Most Nations they attack are rich in natural resources and they have motives.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by feedthenation(m): 1:15am On Feb 28, 2022
ufotunang:
At least those sanctions will bring down the Russian economy and also affect their citizens

---It's already about to start---the panic has began---

RUSSIAN CENTRAL BANK ORDERS MARKET PLAYERS TO REJECT FOREIGN CLIENTS' BIDS TO SELL RUSSIAN SECURITIES FROM 0400 GMT ON FEB 28 — CENTRAL BANK DOCUMENT SEEN BY REUTERS
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 2:02am On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
cheesy all international news sites are in one way or the connected to their country of origin. The important question to ask is are their news verifiable or real, watch or browse CNN and RT and make an "objective" analysis of the two.

But CNN is based in a country where people have freedom of expression. Russia attacks and kills journalists who have opposing views to Putin. That doesn't happen in America

Since Russia attacks and kills journalists, and RT bots spread messages on comment sections and forums, I don't trust them

I do agree though that it's good to listen to opposing views. Russian sources are just not trustworthy because it's only about what Putin wants the world to know, not the truth. Not the reality
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by hermesprogidy(m): 4:11am On Feb 28, 2022
Patriot9:

I did write nonsense.

Dude, you are still not making sense. Who are you referring to when you say "them"? Are you referring to Russia or USSR?
USSR set up the Warsaw pact in 1955 to counter NATO. So who was being pressured to join NATO?
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 5:22am On Feb 28, 2022
hermesprogidy:

Dude, you are still not making sense. Who are you referring to when you say "them"? Are you referring to Russia or USSR?
USSR set up the Warsaw pact in 1955 to counter NATO. So who was being pressured to join NATO?
You are not a good reader.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 5:29am On Feb 28, 2022
hermesprogidy:

I could see how you quickly ran to Google to update your knowledge, something you have once denied by posting
"USSR had total control of East Germany, so how were they seeking protection from German unification under the Warsaw Treaty? You just wrote plenty nonsense up there. grin grin"

The truth is, most of you are just quick to argue and it shows that u are not a good reader.

Now read slowly.

"Both USSR and Russia" simply because before the fall of USSR, there was a demand for them to join Nato (after the dissolution of Warsaw Treaty Organization which only contain Soviet countries)

And after the fall of USSR (now Russia) there was still a request to join Nato.
In summary, It means, USSR made a plea to join Nato and Russia did the same thing when Soviet union fell which is now Russia.

I don't know what is confusing in the statement above.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Godson32(m): 6:05am On Feb 28, 2022
Where is Buhari, abeg come and place sanction on Russia, our own no go different.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2022
Patriot9:

I could see how you quickly ran to Google to update your knowledge, something you have once denied by posting
"USSR had total control of East Germany, so how were they seeking protection from German unification under the Warsaw Treaty? You just wrote plenty nonsense up there. grin grin"

The truth is, most of you are just quick to argue and it shows that u are not a good reader.

Now read slowly.

"Both USSR and Russia" simply because before the fall of USSR, there was a demand for them to join Nato (after the dissolution of Warsaw Treaty Organization which only contain Soviet countries)

And after the fall of USSR (now Russia) there was still a request to join Nato.
In summary, It means, USSR made a plea to join Nato and Russia did the same thing when Soviet union fell which is now Russia.

I don't know what is confusing in the statement above.

More nonsense. Neither USSR nor Russia made a plea to join NATO. Russia was asked to join after the fall of USSR, but refused. Instead, it entered into a cooperative agreement with NATO,which was revoked in 2014 after Russia annexed Crimea. Fyi your comment is still confusing, and you can thank me later. grin grin
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:43am On Feb 28, 2022
Patriot9:

You are not a good reader.
You are a piss poor writer grin grin grin
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2022
hermesprogidy:

More nonsense. Neither USSR nor Russia made a plea to join NATO. Russia was asked to join after the fall of USSR, but refused. Instead, it entered into a cooperative agreement with NATO,which was revoked in 2014 after Russia annexed Crimea. Fyi your comment is still confusing, and you can thank me later. grin grin
You are a poor student of history.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/molotovs-proposal-the-ussr-join-nato-march-1954

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/jun/17/russia.iantraynor

Study to show yourself approved. Don't just come and display your foolery and acute ignorance on a public forum.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Patriot9: 8:24am On Feb 28, 2022
hermesprogidy:

More nonsense. Neither USSR nor Russia made a plea to join NATO. Russia was asked to join after....
They don't ask countries to join Nato. Countries make request to join.
Joining Nato is not by invitation
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bonechamberlain(m): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

But CNN is based in a country where people have freedom of expression. Russia attacks and kills journalists who have opposing views to Putin. That doesn't happen in America

Since Russia attacks and kills journalists, and RT bots spread messages on comment sections and forums, I don't trust them

I do agree though that it's good to listen to opposing views. Russian sources are just not trustworthy because it's only about what Putin wants the world to know, not the truth. Not the reality
the CNN trump saga should give you more insight of American media.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
the CNN trump saga should give you more insight of American media.

CNN was against Trump while Fox was in favour of Trump, although they too went against Trump eventually when he started questioning the legitimacy of the election results
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bonechamberlain(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

CNN was against Trump while Fox was in favour of Trump, although they too went against Trump eventually when he started questioning the legitimacy of the election results
so you still think UNN fox and co are independent. Do you know that most Americans don't even know the real issue between Russia and Ukraine, they are only aware of the one sided version the US media dishes out to them. US and EU has banned Russian TV stations and in the past banned Iranian TV stations and you think they want you to hear the other side. So much for free speech.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 10:56am On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
so you still think UNN fox and co are independent. Do you know that most Americans don't even know the real issue between Russia and Ukraine, they are only aware of the one sided version the US media dishes out to them. US and EU has banned Russian TV stations and in the past banned Iranian TV stations and you think they want you to hear the other side. So much for free speech.

Russia has attacked and killed journalists who opposed Putin for Christ sake! What makes you think that their outlets are trustworthy? I would've loved to watch those Russia channels if there were no history of journalist killings to get their own view, but I know that they are showing only what Putin wants the world to see. What's the difference between that and brainwashing or gaslighting?

What is the real issue between Russia and Ukraine btw? Isn't it that Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO because they'll set up army base on the border between Russia and Ukraine? But Ukraine wants democracy and independence from Russia
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by doshiyad1: 10:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Hisbah21:
Russia is trending..and i pray they will loss this madness

I tell you, I pray so too. Putin is something else, may God visit him as he visited, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Nebuchadnezzar in Jesus name amen!
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 28, 2022
doshiyad1:

I tell you, I pray so too. Putin is something else, may God visit him as he visited, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Nebuchadnezzar in Jesus name amen!

yeah
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bonechamberlain(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Russia has attacked and killed journalists who opposed Putin for Christ sake! What makes you think that their outlets are trustworthy? I would've loved to watch those Russia channels if there were no history of journalist killings to get their own view, but I know that they are showing only what Putin wants the world to see. What's the difference between that and brainwashing or gaslighting?

What is the real issue between Russia and Ukraine btw? Isn't it that Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO because they'll set up army base on the border between Russia and Ukraine? But Ukraine wants democracy and independence from Russia
dou you know how many people the US government and CIA has or attempted to kill for going against them, please make a research on that.

Read about the Monroe doctrine.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by Tip101(m): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
So these are the sanction. grin cheesy
I believe countries like France and Germany aren't senseless. Especially France who still has an axe to grind with the U.S based on the Submarine deal with Australia hijacked by U.S and Britain.

How long can Germany cope, buying gas from America 10times the price Russia supplies to them. A German minister even termed the U.S disrespectful.

Russia would start dealing with China in Euros. I see Germany and France smiling happily as this would be a boost to the euro and their economies.

Unless they decide to be senseless and allow U.S to use them.

Calm down bro… China won’t deal any Euro with Russia. Xi Jinping isn’t that stupid. They’re still growing their economy to become the world power and you think they will be stupid to let Russia take them back? Same China that abstained from voting for Russia is the one you’re still talking about? I don’t even know how you people just reason.
There is no way Russia will win this “Stupid Putin’s war”. It is NEVER possible. You can’t tell me Russia has more nukes, tanks, planes and troops than all the NATO countries, they are only not interfering because they don’t want things to escalate as more innocent people would die.
Most of the Russian troops are not even happy with the invasion, but just following orders because not doing that is also death. No one wants war, those who have witnessed war will tell you what it feels like to be at war. It’s finance draining!
Lastly, everyone is gradually waiting for Putin to make the mistake of nuking Ukraine and let’s see what happens.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
dou you know how many people the US government and CIA has or attempted to kill for going against them, please make a research on that.

Read about the Monroe doctrine.

They haven't killed any journalist for going against their views
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

They haven't killed any journalist for going against their views
that is if you even hear about the views of the journalist
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
that is if you even hear about the views of the journalist

Fox News criticises Biden like crazy, yet they're still thriving. Putin would've shut them down permanently
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Fox News criticises Biden like crazy, yet they're still thriving. Putin would've shut them down permanently
Fox news criticize Biden, because US is a full fledged democracy and Russia isn't trying to remove US presidents.

Unlike US trying day and night to remove presidents that don't do their bidden. Funding journalist and media practisioners against opposing countries. Journalist taking money from foreigners to criticize their country leaders is akin to treason.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by bepositive11: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2022
bonechamberlain:
Fox news criticize Biden, because US is a full fledged democracy and Russia isn't trying to remove US presidents.

Unlike US trying day and night to remove presidents that don't do their bidden. Funding journalist and media practisioners against opposing countries. Journalist taking money from foreigners to criticize their country leaders is akin to treason.

Russia did intervene in the Trump and Clinton election. If not for Russia, Trump wouldn't have won

What makes you think that journalists that oppose Russia are funded by US? You think those people will risk their lives like that for money? They do so because they are passionate about their own views

US is not a saint, I know. But at least, they support democracy. How many Russia supporters on Nairaland dream of going to Russia instead of the West?
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by hermesprogidy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
Patriot9:

They don't ask countries to join Nato. Countries make request to join.
Joining Nato is not by invitation
Beer parlour talk. Show me one publication where Russia asked to join NATO.
Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by sanpipita(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Leave these idiots, ask them if Putin will allow media houses like CNN or Fox in Russia, let them live in Russia and call RT fake news and see what Putin will do to them.

1 Like

Re: List Of Sanctions On Russia 2022 (LIVE UPDATES) by hermesprogidy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
Patriot9:

You are a poor student of history.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/molotovs-proposal-the-ussr-join-nato-march-1954

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/jun/17/russia.iantraynor

Study to show yourself approved. Don't just come and display your foolery and acute ignorance on a public forum.
You are quoting an unofficial document. That was a proposal by Molotov. Was
Molotov Stalin? Any author can pick a pen and write anything. This is akin to Rudolf Hess flying to England to make peace with the British behind Hitler's back. Go and sit down jaare confused bottle of beer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s Body Arrives Zimbabwe From Singapore (photos) / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) / Malik Obama: Why I Am Voting For Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.