Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive (55893 Views)

Niger: Mutiny In Niamey Over Unpaid Salaries Of Presidential Guards / Snake Island: 13 Ukrainia Soldiers' Final Words Before Being Blown Up By Missile / Kim Jong-un Reportedly Dead After Botched Heart Surgery - TMZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Guyman02: 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Moscow and Kiev issue update on Ukrainian border guards reported killed
The Ukrainian president earlier claimed that all defenders died in a fight with Russian forces.

The Russian military has claimed that Ukrainian border guards, whom Ukraine initially declared entirely slain, survived, while Kiev's military concurred that it might indeed be the case.

Both countries’ armed forces on Saturday said that a group of Ukrainian border guards stationed on Zmeinyy (Snake) Island, located some 48km off Ukraine’s southern coast in the Black Sea, were captured by Russian forces. Russia says they were taken alive and unharmed to Sevastopol in Crimea.

However, the initial story allegedly went as follows: a group of 13 border guards on the island were confronted by a Russian warship on Thursday. The Russian ship ordered the group by radio to surrender, the Ukrainians replied “go f**k yourself,” and the Russian ship opened fire. After several hours of fighting, all the guards were killed.

The story spread like wildfire on social media and was held up by the Ukrainian government, Western media outlets and journalists as an example of Ukrainian “heroism.” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky honored the troops he declared slain, saying: “On our [Snake] Island, defending it to the last, all the border guards died heroically,” and promising to award them the posthumous title of “Hero of Ukraine.”

The first signs that something else may have happened came early on Saturday, as Russia’s Black Sea Fleet announced that dozens of Ukrainian border troops were delivered to Sevastopol, Crimea, with videos online purportedly showing their arrival.

Ukraine’s Border Guard Service stated shortly afterwards that the troops on Snake Island “bravely defended themselves,” but were taken prisoner when the island was captured. According to the military branch, reports that all had perished were “preliminary,” and came after the Ukrainian military lost contact with the island. The ministry did not say how many guards were stationed on the island, and did not claim to know whether any died or were injured.

The Russian Ministry of Defense likewise confirmed the capture of the island. Spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said that 82 Ukrainian servicemen had been stationed on the island, that all surrendered, and that none were injured. Konashenkov said that as prisoners were being transported off the island, 16 Ukrainian Navy boats disguised as civilian vessels launched an attack on Russia’s Black Sea fleet.

Konashenkov said that Russians destroyed six of the Ukrainian vessels, and claimed that US drones were seen operating in the area, suggesting that the US “directed” the Ukrainian boats. These reports have not yet been corroborated.

A recording of the Snake Island garrison supposedly telling the Russian ship to “go f**k yourself” is still circulating on social media. There is currently no evidence that the recording is genuine, and Ukraine’s Border Guard Service only said that the troops gave a message indicating “no one will surrender.”
https://www.rt.com/news/550717-snake-island-guards-surrendered/

Surrendered Ukrainian sailors in Snake Island collecting water and food rations from Russian troops

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by alizma: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good news. Dead or alive, they remain heroes.

160 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Coronavirus123: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
grin

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Nbotee(m): 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hmm
Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Guyman02: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
GOTV CNN viewers war analysts already have a thread on FP claiming that they were killed after saying Go F...c yourself grin

I am happy I no longer get all my news from western media propaganda. I have even stopped watching CNN thanks to many people here that opened my eyes grin

Lalasticlala, mynd44 are you seeing what am seeing?

246 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by remsonik(f): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Mossadd: 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2022
I knew that it was one of western propaganda to gain public sympathy to cover up for their comedian president.who was there that recorded "go Bleep yourself'

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by bonechamberlain(m): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2022
This is more of a western propaganda war. 80% of all news here supporting Ukraine are fake news spearheaded by the US.

What people have failed to realize is that the Russian army haven't gone all out, (I doubt if they have used 10% of their capabilities) as they are trying as much as possible to minimise civilian losses and make Ukrainian citizens believe that they aren't against them.
If Russia goes all out, probably use just 30% of their military capabilities. Zelensky, Klitschko and the elite forming Patriots would be the first to either go under ground or flee.

294 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Ever8090: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ha!.. propaganda don enter d matter?...any way, last last them go dey alright,.me dey here dey mind my own wahala.
no be their own dey do me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Ecos(m): 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lies. The Armies that told u to go and Bleep urself wen u told them to surrender? Go and tell the dumb morons up and below me not me

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by excanny: 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
bonechamberlain:
This is more of a western propaganda war. 80% of all news here supporting Ukraine are fake news spearheaded by the US.

What people have failed to realize is that the Russian army haven't gone all out, (I doubt if they have used 10% of their capabilities) as they are trying as much as possible to minimise civilian losses and make Ukrainian citizens believe that they aren't against them.
If Russia goes all out, probably use just 30% of their military capabilities. Zelensky, Klitschko and the elite forming Patriots would be the first to either go under ground or flee.

I'm just laughing at those people hailing Ukraine. Russia, a dangerous country that America fears, Ukrainians are busy flexing muscles with, instead of surrendering.

Russia is increasing the their capability to around 15% from Monday, when they start deploying the newly arrived flamethrowers.

Ukraine still thinks its hide and seek game still.

The wise Ukrainians have until Sunday to flee.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by bonechamberlain(m): 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
excanny:

I'm just laughing at those people hailing Ukraine. Russia, a dangerous country that America fears, Ukrainians are busy flexing muscles with, instead of surrendering.

Russia is increasing the their capability to around 15% from Monday, when they start deploying the newly arrived flamethrowers.

When it comes to international politics Nigerians are so naive, every of their views are based on western propaganda CNN, BBC FOX nothing else.

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by ken6488(m): 1:05am On Feb 27, 2022
Russia is not even used his full military to minimize death

16 Likes

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by DropsMic(m): 3:33am On Feb 27, 2022
Lol.... The west and Propaganda

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by ednut1(m): 3:34am On Feb 27, 2022
propaganda in full swing by the media. They will never show you killings in Tigray, Yemen but they will show Ukraine own. then you the stupid black man will cry for whites wey no send you kai

290 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by sotall(m): 3:35am On Feb 27, 2022
Wow!
Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by CryptoTeacher(m): 3:36am On Feb 27, 2022
Propaganda is part of warfare.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by DropsMic(m): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2022
ednut1:
propaganda in full swing by the media. They will never show you killings in Tigray, Yemen but they will show Ukraine own. then you the stupid black man will cry for whites wey no send you kai

It's in the black man's nature to put others before his own kind. We are stupid like that (this is just the truth). It's also the reason why we all worship foreign Gods. If it's foreign, it must be better

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by TenQ: 3:38am On Feb 27, 2022
Guyman02:
GOTV CNN viewers already have a thread on FP claiming that they were killed after saying Go F...c yourself grin

I am happy I no longer get all my news from western media propaganda. I have even stopped watching CNN thanks to many people here that opened my eyes grin

You now watch PressTV!?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Chigozirimkpoma: 3:38am On Feb 27, 2022
shocked
Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Skybridge33: 3:39am On Feb 27, 2022
Western propaganda, so they surrendered in the end after initial gragra

ednut1:

Lol don't mind the stupid black men supporting those who took them as slaves and consider them sub-humans

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by setobaba: 3:40am On Feb 27, 2022
Pls I need who to side now oooo, cos I heard some shouting the west has a hand in this. I believe Russia press release tho

6 Likes

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by CoronaVirusPro: 3:40am On Feb 27, 2022
Mossadd:
I knew that it was one of western propaganda to gain public sympathy to cover up for their comedian president.who was there that recorded "go Bleep yourself'

He will be remembered in history far better than Hitler and the Kremlin dwarf combined

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by joyandfaith: 3:41am On Feb 27, 2022
Guyman02:
GOTV CNN viewers already have a thread on FP claiming that they were killed after saying Go F...c yourself grin

And you are happy getting your news from eastern propaganda? Congratulations!!!!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by grandiose4ever: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2022
cheesy
Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by gambojimeta: 3:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Guyman02:

https://www.rt.com/news/550717-snake-island-guards-surrendered/

Surrendered Ukrainian sailors in Snake Island collecting water and food rations from Russian troops

Guyman02:

Russia Today (RT)

RT is Russian propaganda news outlet. They are like Lai Mohammed reporting news on Buhari.

News to be taken with a pinch of salt.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by planetx: 3:49am On Feb 27, 2022
excanny:

The flamethrowers, when it explodes in the air it sucks out all the oxygen killing people by suffocation. Russia is still playing games with them while the Western media is hyping them as some heroic defenders.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Nonybb: 3:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Please tell me

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake Island: Ukrainian Border Guards Reportedly Alive by Born2Breed(f): 3:50am On Feb 27, 2022
Propaganda is one of the weapons of war.

Some know how to use it effectively and that's what the west is using right now cos they know they won't dare intervene militarily in this clash.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Billboards Showing Biden As A Terrorist Saying Making The Taliban Great Again / Donald Trump Sacks Adebayo Ogunlesi As Adviser / Israel Kills Hassan Kaogi And Wail Issa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.