Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT (23596 Views)

Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network / UK Government Lobbying Hard To Cut Russia Off From SWIFT / Taliban Fighters Have Taken Over Afghanistan's Presidential Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by shevchenko(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2022
ugwum007:
I am becoming ashamed of Russian like this. See how their yansh is being exposed to the world.
You will be surprised that all those advertised weapons are not either working or just a myth.

US is just using this opportunity to deal with Russian without fearing a shot. It seems like a trap that Russian didn't notice on time.

U be ode

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Joshy4u: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2022
Most of you don't understand what these sanctions will cause. Apart from reducing the cash flow in their economy, Putin can't at the same time fund the war and provide for all his citizens for so long.
With time the citizens of Rusia will come out en mass to protest against Putin when hunger sets in. By the time that happens, Putin will be forced to call for a cease fire.
DropsMic:

He envisaged it, and still went ahead with the invasion. what does that tell you?

3 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Cloud007: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2022
It's happening...

I don't think Putin envisage these kind of resistance from the west without firing a single shot.

Looking at Moscow campaign so far.... Some nairaland hustlers sure overestimated their god Putin.

Now he is no god but a man with Many flaws and limitations.

At this point..... Loosing out Ukraine military campaign might definitely be the least of his worries. He might loose power too!

3 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by techWriter3: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2022
Na so
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Henon: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2022
Remman:
Na so... Let's humble Putin!
"Let's...", as if you're contributing anything to the war.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
Aaah. Make una pity Putin na

His zombie followers are cheering him on unto destruction just the way they did to Adolf Hitler

As for those calling western countries hypocrites and cursing them… you are the real hypocrite if you don’t choose china, North Korea, Russia as your dream destinations above western countries

grin They will never chose them But West.

2 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Cloud007:
It's happening...

I don't think Putin envisage these kind of resistance from the west without firing a single shot.

Looking at Moscow campaign so far.... Some nairaland hustlers sure overestimated their god Putin.

Now he is no god but a man with Many flaws and limitations.

At this point..... Loosing out Ukraine military campaign might definitely be the least of his worries. He might loose power too!
I see coup coming if he continues.

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Cloud007: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2022
jayworld15:
The beginning of the end for Russia. War is expensive. It'd favour Ukraine due to the pity and emotion she is getting from powerful nations and Unions around the world. Most important is the fact she's bordered by many NATO members, with this, her assistance will come swiftly and any focus on one of these members means the end for Russia. The Russians know that the world is trying to isolate them, that's why they are protesting. I expect more people to voice out in the next couple of days.

Where are those that said "Russia will wipe off Ukraine before Sunday. We're in Sunday oooooo?
Russia about to be brought to her kneels by the West without firing a single shot. The west just nuked Moscow economy.

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by gfelo(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Mark this, there will be no WW3, puttin will be arrested and charge for war crime and executed, Russia will be pardon.

5 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by ugwum007(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2022
shevchenko:

U be ode

I don't know why you choose to insult yourself this morning.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by bizhop01: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2022
It's going to affect all the countries including Nigeria and America, people in nairaland are yet to know.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Awoleesu(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:
Putin already envisaged all these.... He's not a madman as the western media(s) are trying to paint him..

A normal person won't sit at home hands folded and watch his enemies surround him by alligning with his next door neighbor... He wil surely respond. It's the reasonable thing to do after complaining too long to deaf ears.

The white God will help them and settle their family matter.

**Grabs popcorn**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkl2XgZlw0

I don't understand why some of you guys here ascribe some omnipotence to Putin! Is he infallible? Why do you think his plans are so well mapped out it would not fail?
Are you also taking the stock that many Russians are opposed to this onslaught?

William Durant said, and I quote; " a great civilization does not get conquered from the outside until it has first destroyed itself from within "...

2 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Blackfriday: 8:28am On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:

He envisaged it, and still went ahead with the qinvasion. what does that tell you?
What do you think will happen when this banks can't conduct international transactions anymore, losing billions of dollars every day?

What do you will happen when, Russia can not sell it's gas anymore to Europe and some Asian countries anymore?

Europe is going to feel the impact of the gas supply but believe me, it's going to be a short term but what do you feel is going to happen to the Russian economy, when it can't export nor import products?

3 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Cloud007: 8:33am On Feb 27, 2022
BritishNaija:

I see coup coming if he continues.
yes ohhh. He miscalculated.

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by jimtemi1: 8:54am On Feb 27, 2022
BabangidaHamza:
Hope they can survive without Putin's gas
they will surely do,Qater has volunteered,but need 3more countries to do the same to attain the level of gas russia sells to Europe
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by SirJerrie(m): 9:03am On Feb 27, 2022
The central bank sanctions restrictions target[b] $600 billion[/b] in reserves that the Kremlin has at its disposal

One man is worth almost half of this amount!!!

Elon Musk do blood money lipsrsealed!!
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seyz91(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2022
cheesy
jayworld15:
The beginning of the end for Russia. War is expensive. It'd favour Ukraine due to the pity and emotion she is getting from powerful nations and Unions around the world. Most important is the fact she's bordered by many NATO members, with this, her assistance will come swiftly and any focus on one of these members means the end for Russia. The Russians know that the world is trying to isolate them, that's why they are protesting. I expect more people to voice out in the next couple of days.

Where are those that said "Russia will wipe off Ukraine before Sunday. We're in Sunday oooooo?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Kekenary: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2022
And that is why Russia has refrained from responding to Israel in spite of their recent provocations.
grandiose4ever:
By the way, this Ukraine War makes me laugh at those who for many years have told us that the reason the Israelis win wars in the middle east is because of US support.

The US would do a lot for an ally including providing intelligence, financing, political and economical pressure against the opponent. But not the deployment of troops to help you fight your war - that rarely happens.

This is the reality the Israelis lived with and mastered and were able to successfully maintain a safe state in the presence of their enemies. Only the Israelis truly understood how to exploit America's power - they don't live under illusions of intervention.

Imagine trying to use short, mid range rockets to cripple the Israeli defenses you'd both be at it for the next three years. Even if you'd beat the Israelis. You can't make a quick work of them like Putin has done to Ukraine.

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by yemex04(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:
Putin already envisaged all these.... He's not a madman as the western media(s) are trying to paint him..

A normal person won't sit at home hands folded and watch his enemies surround him by alligning with his next door neighbor... He wil surely respond. It's the reasonable thing to do after complaining too long to deaf ears.

The white God will help them and settle their family matter.

**Grabs popcorn**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkl2XgZlw0

His heart is just hardened, those to suffer the economic sanctions more are ordinary Russian citizens but he cares less about them..

But if the Sanctions continue,I see a strong revolt against him by his own country men & women
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seyz91(m): 9:17am On Feb 27, 2022
cheesy
akilo1:
How can I get visa to Ukraine?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by storm001(m): 9:23am On Feb 27, 2022
From my perspective, Putin is fighting a proxy war with the west/US. The west/US on the other hand want to bring the whole world under its rule so that it can easily enforce its Illuminati agenda on the world.

The west/US want this war to happen cos they perceive Russia to be a threat, now it happening they are supporting Ukraine with all the armor and finance they need.

Russia is going to loose this war this I have seen and when it does, they will go for China and when China falls, they will come for you and I.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by jayworld15(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2022
Cloud007:
Russia about to be brought to her kneels by the West without firing a single shot. The west just nuked Moscow economy.

Yeah, I read it. World powerhouses are using SWIFT to wreck the Russian economy. With that sanction, they won't be able to make international transactions. Coupled with that, two biggest China banks, Bank of China and ICBC have stopped giving financial assistance and market to Russian commodities. Most persons thought war has no implications but they are wrong. Russia is fighting a physical, economical, psychological, and powerful war which they'll likely lose.

3 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Efewestern: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
I said it’s the NUMBER one determining factor.

Also the economy of a country will influence
The military
The health sector
The education and so on,
You need money to do anything if not everything

While sanctions cripples economy, you can't easily collapse a country with just sanctions.

Iran has been under sanctions for 40yrs and throughout these tough years, they built a formidable nation and if not for this strength, they would have been bombarded a long time ago. Infact, no country in its right mind can poke on Iran without getting burnt, if sanction is all that effective, how come Iran grew this powerful? Don't also forget the fact that they fought the Iraqi war with Saddam Hussein under heavy sanctions even when Saddam was supplied with the latest military gadgets.

EDUCATION
Sanctions has no much impact on this one. A heavily sanctioned country like Iran produce more STEM graduates than any country in that region, if sanctions cripples everything, how come they were able to achieve this feat?

Medical
CUBA has better health system that Most European countries. Again, CUBA has been under decades of crippling sanctions.

As much as sanctions comes with hard negative impact, not everything can be determined by that. When humans are determined, they achieve anything in whatever condition.

Russia is a large country and to an extent is self sufficient. The best way to resolve this current issue is by dialogue. No one wins in war!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by olas24u(f): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
I said it’s the NUMBER one determining factor.

Also the economy of a country will influence
The military
The health sector
The education and so on,
You need money to do anything if not everything

you are very correct,money without science and technologyis zero,Nigeria has money and you know its a joke
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Here they are still "selecting" the banks to be affected!
For goodness sake, these Western allies should act decisively and stop puss.y-footing!
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Walkee: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
that will tell you how daft some nairalanders are. Dem think say oyinbo don’t have plans or just take decisions.. they know very well that Russia will want to retaliate by cutting supplies of gas , but trust me Europe must have had alternatives.. and trust me Russia will cry , and funnily enough , any country that openly support Russia now will be seen as the enemy of the world. Chinese are so smart and won’t risk their economy in support of Russia lai lai.. they have more to benefit from west than Russia .. make Russia Dey drink him gas.

Just that I’m afraid Putin might want to finish up everyone with war since he knows he’s lost already ..
they don't have alternative. Energy is not something you can just create. It does not work like that. If they could create they won't have spent the last 30 years invading the Middle East. They didn't even include energy on the list of their sanctions. They said they will be buying from Russia. They are just making noise they will negotiate after the fall of Kiev
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by IamAtikulate: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2022
grandiose4ever:
By the way, this Ukraine War makes me laugh at those who for many years have told us that the reason the Israelis win wars in the middle east is because of US support.

The US would do a lot for an ally including providing intelligence, financing, political and economical pressure against the opponent. But not the deployment of troops to help you fight your war - that rarely happens.

This is the reality the Israelis lived with and mastered and were able to successfully maintain a safe state in the presence of their enemies. Only the Israelis truly understood how to exploit America's power - they don't live under illusions of intervention.

Imagine trying to use short, mid range rockets to cripple the Israeli defenses you'd both be at it for the next three years. Even if you'd beat the Israelis. You can't make a quick work of them like Putin has done to Ukraine.

Defeating Israel is not easy because of MOSSAD.

The country is expert in deceptive warfare. They will sabotage you even before fighting to degrade you response ability.

Check all the wars they fought, especially what they did to the Russian-backed Egypt during their war with the Arab coalition.

Egypt had no choice than to pull out of the war and today, they are allies.

Israel has one of the most powerful intelligence agency in the world and they know how to use them.

Russia and Israel have direct hot line to ensure the two nations never fight. Many war analysts believe Israel will defeat Russians in a war in the middle east with a quick victory but Russia might have an upper hand in a long term war due to the size of their army.

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Obatolysis(m): 10:26am On Feb 27, 2022
Mehn! If America stands against you, it would be very difficult for you to succeed walahi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hamas Frees Two Israeli Women From Gaza / Fidel Castro Dies At 90 / Prophet Kwabena Tawiah To President Akufo-Addo: 'Occultist, I Know Your Power'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.