Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT (23638 Views)

Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network / UK Government Lobbying Hard To Cut Russia Off From SWIFT / Taliban Fighters Have Taken Over Afghanistan's Presidential Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Walkee: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2022
gfelo:
Mark this, there will be no WW3, puttin will be arrested and charge for war crime and executed, Russia will be pardon.
I have a better chance of getting a Mouth Action from Rihanna this afternoon right here in Edo state than Putin getting arrested. Lmao
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by elsiusgr8t(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
I said it’s the NUMBER one determining factor.

Also the economy of a country will influence
The military
The health sector
The education and so on,
You need money to do anything if not everything

The lady you are quoting doesn't want to learn......... Please save your Energy......
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Quiny32323: 10:55am On Feb 27, 2022
Bitcoin about to explode!!!
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:09am On Feb 27, 2022
Dreamhighnow:
Aaah. Make una pity Putin na

His zombie followers are cheering him on unto destruction just the way they did to Adolf Hitler

As for those calling western countries hypocrites and cursing them… you are the real hypocrite if you don’t choose china, North Korea, Russia as your dream destinations above western countries

Ignorant brainwashed zombie! Comparing Russia to North Korea undecided
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:12am On Feb 27, 2022
grandiose4ever:
The people encouraging putin would be the ones to raise him money via gofundme by the time the world is done with him grin
Another Western brainwashed Ignoramus!
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Johnrake69: 11:12am On Feb 27, 2022
olas24u:

China launched its Cross-Border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) in 2015, using the yuan. Russia developed its System for Transfer of Financial Messages (SPFS). To build an independent Russian-Chinese financial system by linking the two should not be a problem.

Iran has had the sanctions in time past, and it nothing new

Necessity is the mother of invention. I think it’s a huge risk the west is taking. If Russia, China can come up with an alternative it’s going to weaken the west economic wise. People supporting the west don’t understand what’s going on. We need Russia, China to check mate western excesses. Unipolar world as being championed by the west is not in the interest of world peace. Imagine having bokoharam dealing with us here and America says we can’t get weapons to fight back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Rareoil:
Putin spent billions upgrading Russia's military hardware, he forgot he needed strong allies.

See you the way USA, NATO, and EU are acting like one

Without even firing a bullet they are already afflicting damage to Russia through its economy.
You're ignorant of how this will affect many European economy, that's Why they were trying to resist US pressure.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:18am On Feb 27, 2022
Missy89:
Good

A country with ZERO soft power and an atrocious military like Russia shouldn't be making demands in 2022. Russia is like an abusive ex that wont move on.
World autocrats need to be put on notice. The only way to do this is to start deploying troops and offensive weapons to Eastern Europe and Taiwan.
Send Russian diplomats back home because all they do is lie. The time for conversations are over and we should be on a war footing.
Who are the"we"?
What have you got to fight a war?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2022
grandiose4ever:

And so what if he envisaged it. Doesn't mean he wouldn't face the economic consequences. Putin is not the strategist many of you think he is. Man made a wrong calculation and invaded a country unprovoked and would face his consequences squarely.
You will soon understand that the Western nations are in big trouble undecided
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by codedguy1(m): 11:19am On Feb 27, 2022
budaatum:
By the end of the week I'd expect to start hearing about a nuclear button with mad Putin's hand on it.

That hand will wither and get rotten before he presses any button talkless of a uclear button angry
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by FourElements: 11:21am On Feb 27, 2022
malali:
God Bless America.
Not the present Sodom and Gomorrah. lipsrsealed
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Connected1: 11:33am On Feb 27, 2022
clevybrown:
you are a bigger and a modified fool for calling him a fool all because he expressed himself... Imagine wishing him death, u must be a lost soul, so hopeless... IDIOTIC FOOL shocked
Yeah he expressed his foolishness.

And I wish him death, the last thing Nigeria need are unpatriotic citizens and hypocrites.

He should go to Ukraine/US and pray for US over there.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Forumobserver12(m): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
that will tell you how daft some nairalanders are. Dem think say oyinbo don’t have plans or just take decisions.. they know very well that Russia will want to retaliate by cutting supplies of gas , but trust me Europe must have had alternatives.. and trust me Russia will cry , and funnily enough , any country that openly support Russia now will be seen as the enemy of the world. Chinese are so smart and won’t risk their economy in support of Russia lai lai.. they have more to benefit from west than Russia .. make Russia Dey drink him gas.

Just that I’m afraid Putin might want to finish up everyone with war since he knows he’s lost already ..

I don't think Putin's madness will push him to that extent and even if it does, those Mumu senior Russian Army officers may revolt against such extreme idea...
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seanwilliam(m): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2022
Walkee:
they don't have alternative. Energy is not something you can just create. It does not work like that. If they could create they won't have spent the last 30 years invading the Middle East. They didn't even include energy on the list of their sanctions. They said they will be buying from Russia. They are just making noise they will negotiate after the fall of Kiev
trust me, if eu/nato bans Russia oil supplies , you should know that they must have done their assignment. Oyinbo don’t just take decision without effective planning..
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seanwilliam(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2022
Forumobserver12:

I don't think Putin's madness will push him to that extent and even if it does, those Mumu senior Russian Army officers may revolt against such extreme idea...
seems u don’t know what a power-drunk dictator can do.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Walkee: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
trust me, if eu/nato bans Russia oil supplies , you should know that they must have done their assignment. Oyinbo don’t just take decision without effective planning..
they didn't ban it. You hype white people too much. You can't create energy.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Emmyxclusive: 11:58am On Feb 27, 2022
The German chancellor just finished addressing his parliament. Germany don vex, the man said Germany's long standing foreign policy of not intervening in any violence or war is naive. That its thesame violence that Russia is using against Ukraine hence they can not let history stop them from helping Ukraine. He said his people should not worry about cutting off from Russian gas that they are prepared to import form USA and UAE to refund in thier Country. He said the war is a putin war and not of the Russian people. Putin has just turned everyone against himself. I pray he won't use nuke to finish the war.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seanwilliam(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Walkee:
they didn't ban it. You hype white people too much. You can't create energy.
stop this whataboutery nah.

Where in my post did I say they will create energy? I said they will find alternative , possibly find new suppliers which might cost more .. or shey na only Russia get has in the whole world ?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Appleyard(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kelvin3476:
WHO IS WE ?
He meant to say you, your entire family and the whole of the US LGBT-led armed forces... cool grin
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by shiwex: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
KUNZEH:
Why some Russian banks, cut all of them from Swift...
means nothing. Do you think they did not think of all these already. Iran was cut of six 7 years ago....did they die?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by shiwex: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
KUNZEH:
means nothing. Do you think they did not think of all these already. Iran was cut off six 7 years ago....did they die?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seanwilliam(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2022
olas24u:

you are very correct,money without science and technologyis zero,Nigeria has money and you know its a joke
lol, as if a country with poor economy will have the money to fund scientific research and innovative ideas. Why do you think usa has the best scientists and technologies? They simply have the the wealth to fund it.

In the case of Nigeria, Laziness and poor leadership is the problem ..

1 Like

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by seanwilliam(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2022
shiwex:
means nothing. Do you think they did not think of all these already. Iran was cut off six 7 years ago....did they die?
and where is Iran economy today ?
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Walkee: 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
seanwilliam:
stop this whataboutery nah.

Where in my post did I say they will create energy? I said they will find alternative , possibly find new suppliers which might cost more .. or shey na only Russia get has in the whole world ?
you don't even know how this work. First they need pipelines which will take many months to build without even taking into account the bureaucracy of the countries the pipes will pass through. Then you will consider quantity. How many countries can consistently pump oils to all those countries? They already know they don't have much choice that's why they aren't even considering it despite all the media hypes and pressure
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Appleyard(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Joshy4u:
Most of you don't understand what these sanctions will cause. Apart from reducing the cash flow in their economy, Putin can't at the same time fund the war and provide for all his citizens for so long.
With time the citizens of Rusia will come out en mass to protest against Putin when hunger sets in. By the time that happens, Putin will be forced to call for a cease fire.
Unfortunately, the Ukrianian invasion is already funding the war. For the first time in close to a decade, oil prices have surpassed $100. Do you know how many oil producing nations have been wishing for this opportunity? cool Such countries are low-key urging the Russians to buy time for their economy with the invasion. Wheat prices are soaring too, and Russia and Ukraine are the leading producers of wheat in the world. My friend, what is another man's poison is another man's meat. Such is the reality of the world we live in.

I can only laugh reading most of the comments here. Is only the ignorant mind that would think cutting SWIFT is the end of Russia. There is more to this than you can ever imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Appleyard(m): 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
DropsMic:
Putin already envisaged all these.... He's not a madman as the western media(s) are trying to paint him..

A normal person won't sit at home hands folded and watch his enemies surround him by alligning with his next door neighbor... He wil surely respond. It's the reasonable thing to do after complaining too long to deaf ears.

The white God will help them and settle their family matter.

**Grabs popcorn**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkl2XgZlw0
Allow the ignorant minds here to rage on blindly.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Appleyard(m): 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
KUNZEH:
Because they knew it would be catastrophic to their own economy.
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by OFFICIAL336: 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Don’t mind them!

Ukraine already exposing Russias weaknesses

Ukraine didn't.

Georgia did
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Appleyard(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Missy89:
Good

A country with ZERO soft power and an atrocious military like Russia shouldn't be making demands in 2022. Russia is like an abusive ex that wont move on.
World autocrats need to be put on notice. The only way to do this is to start deploying troops and offensive weapons to Eastern Europe and Taiwan.
Send Russian diplomats back home because all they do is lie. The time for conversations are over and we should be on a war footing.

Did you just type this Nonsense for the sake of Likes or what?

Between the United Snakes of Abomination and Russia, who has committed more altrocities in modern history? undecided

Your lying, satanic, LGBT led armed forces invaded and turn Iraq to shreds under false pretext that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction, and here you are typing trash? May the blood of all murdered innocent children, mothers, fathers, goats, pigs and fowls in Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Serbia, Panama, Laos, Vietnam, Nicaragua, and many more, haunt you, the Americans and all their lineage till Jesus returns.

Amen. cool

World autocrats? Lmao. No other part of the world boast of dangerous autocrats than you have in America and it's Nationalized American Terrorists Organization' (sorry, NATO), coward idiots that invaded nations, blatantly defying UN resolutions forbidden the invasions. Now that they have met their match, they chicken out like the cowards they are, instead throwing sanctions that would only be mildly effective since some of the same nations grudgingly playing along now to please their counterparts would secretly open a backdoor to run show with the Kremlin while the rest goes on suffering in obeying Uncle Sam and it's wardogs.

The only man in the room that has actually said " the time for conversation is over" is the boss from Kremlin, and Russia is the only one on a " war footing".

I dont know what you smoked last night .... Wake up, baby cool... This is not Hollywood. This is RUSSIA in military action in its own backyard. Your war footing call can only falls on the ears of the dead... cool even your masters in Washington are begging their slave Zelensky for his evacuation. cool. As senile as they are, they know the Russians means business. You crossed a Russian redline, what do you expect? cheesy

You shouldn't be using the term 'we' since you're the one wanting to play the hero like you watch Rambo do in Hollywood. cool

So, grab some guns, they are sold everywhere in the US, particularly in crime infested Chicago. Tie them with your G-strings panties (since that's what most of the LGBT-led US forces wears these days), you may need them in case the merciful Russians in the Donbass captures you, they don't kill women (but try and avoid the Chechyen Batallion like a plague, they hate anything girly in uniform grin) and move to the front lines in Ukraine. I give you my blessings.

Adieu. cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by fashrola(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
KUNZEH:

Gradually....... This would be the most painful thing for the Russians, it will make the Russians revolt among themselves

Imagine, Having an ATM or credit card but can't make transactions, or having a bank account but can't make payments

It's gonna be a difficult days for the Russians, that's why they are taking it gradually

This move is just like cutting food supply to Russia, when they are exhausted them go start to eat themselves....

I know some people go still talk say Putin has already thought about this ... LMAO

Do you know what it means not been able to make transaction for a day (Payment of bills and food) even when Access Bank app went offline for a day, thousands of Nigerians went mad on the internet....
Re: Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT by Afonasa(m): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
One thing I know for sure is the outcome and aftermath of this war,some status quo will change...

There will be winners and losers,and by that I mean new ones

Guys,for all of ur freelance issues,you can reach out to me via my signature for significant help....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brazilian Man Buries His Bentley To Use In Afterlife / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head / Ukraine Plans Diplomatic Push For Africa, To Open 10 New Embassies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.