Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,060 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. (6427 Views)

Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital / Russia Set To Invade Ukraine At 1AM With Massive Missile Blitz & 200,000 Troops / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Ungodly: 7:29am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

Ukraine is a sovereign Nation and free to associate with any Nation including any military alliance. Security fears and concerns don't mean you have to wipe your neighbors and sovereign nations off the map.

Why not go to the other NATO member nations along his border like Ukraine? The coward can not because he's scared of NATO's article Number 5.

Individual countries determine their future, their friendships and associations, not some neighborhood bully or whatever 24 million people he lost decades ago.

why do you think NATO was created?
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 27, 2022
Of course the US controlled media controls the narrative. Do not be surprised seeing some Nigerians in support of a US/NATO fueled war. All the aforementioned examples are not ancient, but rather text book geopolitical realities of similar scenarios. We did not see such Nigerians criticizing the US and saying Cuba is sovereign. The only guarantee for peace is to prepare for war-Bush jnr. Mind you, Putin did all in his best diplomacy to avoid war, presented draft security proposals to both US and NATO, the encroaching powers which were rebuffed. No one criticized the US for the rebuttal. Well deal with it. The battle is already in Kiev. It is only a matter of time before Kiev falls. Have you seen how the western media makes it look like the Russians are on the losing side of the war even when the battle for the capital is already raging? They won’t even tell you Russia paused the assault for over 12 hours to enable diplomacy and negotiations which zelensky has again rejected. The battle is slower in kiev simply because urban warfare needs care to mitigate against civilian casualties not because Kiev has mounted a credible challenge as is been reported by the western media. At the end of this war, the ultimate losers would be Ukrainians and Russians, but Russia would have achieved its aim. Kiev would be left in ruins and would still never join NATO( ask Georgia), Russian economy would take a beating, Kiev would pay for war reparations as the losing side, in due time, there would be negotiations and sanctions would be rolled back, new peace deals signed, aims still achieved. The fool in all these us zelensky, he has set his country back 30 years infrastructurally. Some would say western nations would pump in funds for rebuilding, how far has the Iraqi rebuild gone? The last I heard, it’s rebuilding funds are enmeshed in so much corruption.

7 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Connected1:

US wants to rule the world (everyone knows this) and their major oppositions are Russia and China.

So they decided to fall the Russian Empire because it's the second strongest Military Empire in the World.

Russia on the other hand is trying to avoid being killed/betrayed by his own brother Ukraine, you know that kind of death when your own joins with strangers in killing you, it will be very fatal and you can't do much.

Other Soviet Nations joined NATO when Russia was still finding its feet after the break of USSR, so Now they can't allow it.

The US invaded Iraq, Yemen, Korea, Our own Libya, Cuba Vietnam and some others and they offered flimsy excuses for them, We didn't get enough updates about them because the same US and the West controls the big media corporations and they tell us what they want us to believe.

US is the Attacker here, Ukraine the Fool/Bait and Russia the Defender/possible victim.

You see how they post updates all the time about the Russian-Ukrianian war, that's the West and US at work, they condemn Russia at every slight opportunity, but heck we didn't news about the Ethopian-Tigran war that thousands of Blacks/Nigerians have lost their lives, that's because they careless about us.

I will urge Africans not to talk more about the Russian-Ukrainian war, It's not our Business, if we are to even pick a side then it should be Russia because we have received aids from them countless times.

I appreciate your propagandist reply but you clearly don’t understand what NATO is.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by naijapips02: 7:53am On Feb 27, 2022
aribisala0:

You really do not have to see because it will not change anything.
It is just an irrelevant disagreement

Actually you do invade other countries because you are scared or because of any reason you just make up because you have decided on Regime change

Remember !raq 2003
Remember Libya

What they have done is a legal precedent
I remember the words of Mandela and Kofi Annan when that invasion took place

We are witnessing the consequences

You may call them ancient but they are not

China is still claiming ownership of Taiwan by your logic it is "ancient"

The Bitterness of Biafra still lingers and you can be guaranteed there will be another confrontation on that issue
So

Tens of thousands protesting? You know this how ? Who told you? NATO

That guy watched a lot CNN. Don't argue with folks like him. Na air full their head normally.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:54am On Feb 27, 2022
princeeze1:
Of course the US controlled media controls the narrative. Do not be surprised seeing some Nigerians in support of a US/NATO fueled war. All the aforementioned examples are not ancient, but rather text book geopolitical realities of similar scenarios. We did not see such Nigerians criticizing the US and saying Cuba is sovereign. The only guarantee for peace is to prepare for war-Bush jnr. Mind you, Putin did all in his best diplomacy to avoid war, presented draft security proposals to both US and NATO, the encroaching powers which were rebuffed. No one criticized the US for the rebuttal. Well deal with it. The battle is already in Kiev. It is only a matter of time before Kiev falls. Have you seen how the western media makes it look like the Russians are on the losing side of the war even when the battle for the capital is already raging? They won’t even tell you Russia paused the assault for over 12 hours to enable diplomacy and negotiations which zelensky has again rejected. The battle is slower in kiev simply because urban warfare needs care to mitigate against civilian casualties not because Kiev has mounted a credible challenge as is been reported by the western media. At the end of this war, the ultimate losers would be Ukrainians and Russians, but Russia would have achieved its aim. Kiev would be left in ruins and would still never join NATO( ask Georgia), Russian economy would take a beating, Kiev would pay for war reparations as the losing side, in due time, there would be negotiations and sanctions would be rolled back, new peace deals signed, aims still achieved. The fool in all these us zelensky, he has set his country back 30 years infrastructurally. Some would say western nations would pump in funds for rebuilding, how far has the Iraqi rebuild gone? The last I heard, it’s rebuilding funds are enmeshed in so much corruption.

All this western media propaganda is funny, so which media are you reading/watching, Eastern media?
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by fashionnisir(f): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2022
Russia will be sanctioned from SWIFT which is an economic and financial international bodies which deals with gobal finacial transaction between over 11000 Countries outside there banking system. Which will affect there revenue or drop or loss due to inability to transit with outside world
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by NaBanga: 8:05am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
Look at this map and tell me the America and NATO doesnt have alterior motives,every body cannot be foolish like Nigerian leaders that doesn't care about the security of the country, you want your NATO to plant her missiles in Ukraine so that if there is war tommorow Russia wouldn't be able defend herself because the missiles are too close to Moscow, an ICMBM launched from America mainland takes 25 minutes to reach anywhere in the world,imagine if that kind of missile is placed in ukraine which time will Moscow have to intercept it ? It will take seconds to reach Russia and wreck havoc .

hypocrite Nigerians that never condemns the killings in kaduna and benue no go let us hear word ndi uchu.

Noted
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2022
fashionnisir:
Russia will be sanctioned from SWIFT with is an economic and financial international bodies which deals with gobal finacial transaction between over 11000 Countries outside there banking system. Which will affect there revenue or drop or loss due to inability to transit with outside world
Here comes the fallacy! Europe and China is Russia’s biggest trading partner. The bulk of European trade with Russia is energy which they refused to sanction because swift sanctions is selectively targeted at SOME Russian banks to enable trade in energy go on. China will still trade with Russia non stop as they both trade in their national currency amid de-dollarization drive. So of what major impact is swift sanctions to their economy? Of course an economy in war time MUST take dip. Before the assault even began, the Ukrainian economy already also took a serious beating because of mere speculations and investors began to pull out. So do not also expect the Russian economy not to take a beating. The most important thing is achieving the stated aim. Kiev would fall in a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by andy4d2ofus(m): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:
These ipobian people sef.

What about Number 1 and number 2 on your map. They are Russia's neighbors, former parts of the Soviet Union and now NATO members so why attack Ukrain that's not a member of NATO instead of Estonia and Latvia, NATO members?

Go and sit down somwhere abeg..

Good question
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

All this western media propaganda is funny, so which media are you reading/watching, Eastern media?
I am sorry for your situation if your only source of news is CNN and BBC. Trump even called them fake news media. You will only get a more balanced reporting if after watching the fake news cnn, you also watch Russian news propaganda and middle eastern news outlet. From the 3 narratives, you will independently coin out the undiluted truth. Ever wonder why NTA will never criticize bubu and APC? Even when they are clearly in the wrong? Ever wonder why same NTA never criticized Goodluck or air anything that would dent his image as a sitting president? The truth is you know the truth but just choose to believe a lie to make yourself feel good.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2022
I don't just understand y everyone's afraid of russia, can't they just look on and mind their business. Russia has a missile big enough to destroy the earth, makes me wonder why all these countries would pump billions of dollars creating war tech they won't use

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2022
princeeze1:

I am sorry for your situation if your only source of news is CNN and BBC. Trump even called them fake news media. You will only get a more balanced reporting if after watching the fake news cnn, you also watch Russian news propaganda and middle eastern news outlet. From the 3 narratives, you will independently coin out the undiluted truth. Ever wonder why NTA will never criticize bubu and APC? Even when they are clearly in the wrong? Ever wonder why same NTA never criticized Goodluck or air anything that would dent his image as a sitting president? The truth is you know the truth but just choose to believe a lie to make yourself feel good.

I don’t watch news bro I read it and definitely not from CNN or BBC. After the epistle you still didn’t state your news source(s). SMH
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by seanwilliam(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2022
Connected1:

US wants to rule the world (everyone knows this) and their major oppositions are Russia and China.

So they decided to fall the Russian Empire because it's the second strongest Military Empire in the World.

Russia on the other hand is trying to avoid being killed/betrayed by his own brother Ukraine, you know that kind of death when your own joins with strangers in killing you, it will be very fatal and you can't do much.

Other Soviet Nations joined NATO when Russia was still finding its feet after the break of USSR, so Now they can't allow it.

The US invaded Iraq, Yemen, Korea, Our own Libya, Cuba Vietnam and some others and they offered flimsy excuses for them, We didn't get enough updates about them because the same US and the West controls the big media corporations and they tell us what they want us to believe.

US is the Attacker here, Ukraine the Fool/Bait and Russia the Defender/possible victim.

You see how they post updates all the time about the Russian-Ukrianian war, that's the West and US at work, they condemn Russia at every slight opportunity, but heck we didn't news about the Ethopian-Tigran war that thousands of Blacks/Nigerians have lost their lives, that's because they careless about us.

I will urge Africans not to talk more about the Russian-Ukrainian war, It's not our Business, if we are to even pick a side then it should be Russia because we have received aids from them countless times.
and we’ve not received any aids from west ? How much have You benefited from Russia compared to west?
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 27, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

I don’t watch news bro I read it and definitely not from CNN or BBC. After the epistle you still didn’t state your news source(s). SMH
That you choose to believe a lie to feel good is not my fault. What I wrote are facts not epistles. My news sources? CNN,BBC, China television, Rt, press tv. I watch all of them and their propaganda. E.g, did you know the battle was paused for some hours while BBC kept telling you Russians advance slowed down due to Ukrainian resistance?
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by fashionnisir(f): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2022
True noted, they are over hundred and fithy people in refugees from Ukraine, mostly woman and children, exception of male teenages over the age of 18 years, who will stay to fight the war. Mostly untrained in military combat.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Tellwhat: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
Look at this map and tell me the America and NATO doesnt have alterior motives,every body cannot be foolish like Nigerian leaders that doesn't care about the security of the country, you want your NATO to plant her missiles in Ukraine so that if there is war tommorow Russia wouldn't be able defend herself because the missiles are too close to Moscow, an ICMBM launched from America mainland takes 25 minutes to reach anywhere in the world,imagine if that kind of missile is placed in ukraine which time will Moscow have to intercept it ? It will take seconds to reach Russia and wreck havoc .

hypocrite Nigerians that never condemns the killings in kaduna and benue no go let us hear word ndi uchu.
One thing I have come to understand is that black people, Africans and especially Nigerians are too emotional and don't know when to drop emotions and use logic

Many are faulting Russia and talking rubbish

And when you side Russia some think you're an Islamist

I don't like Islam and I see their threat due to their extremism and terorism. But without being biased we all know that the USA is a bully and what Israel is doing to Palestinians is wrong

But as usual Africans will always side with their colonial masters. As UK/USA be like one, not to talk of the heartless France and Belgium. Maybe if say Russia colonise some parts of Africa we for they lick their yansh by now they support them as how francophone and anglophone countries they always lick those countries leg

Any unbiased and reasonable personal will realise that NATO and USA is the aggressor here yet trying to paint themselves as saints

Anyways since we as Africans no get level I will always hope power is in favour of the west. But still I wouldn't want eastern power to diminish because absolute power corrupts if USA subdues Russia and China then the world will bow to her feet. Africa na o yes member

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Tellwhat: 8:40am On Feb 27, 2022
Connected1:

Well said. Better Africa maintains neutrality and focus on her problems. Africa is weak and if the west decide to re-enslave Africa today they will be successful even though we resist to the best if our ability

Infact Africa is still enslaved by the west albeit mental slavery

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Walkee: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2022
fashionnisir:
Russia will be sanctioned from SWIFT which is an economic and financial international bodies which deals with gobal finacial transaction between over 11000 Countries outside there banking system. Which will affect there revenue or drop or loss due to inability to transit with outside world
Europe are running mouth. They sanctioned Russia but said they will still buy gas from them. They will not implement the swift because if they do they will not be able to pay energy and their people will starve and freeze to death. Once Kiev falls, they will will do behind closed doors meeting and arrange. Forget all the media noise. Russia has closed its airspace to UK. Flight from London to Tokyo that normally take 11 hours now lasts close to 18 hours. You'd be drunk to think Europe will continue with unnecessary jamboree for up to a month. Russia is way too important to Europe for all these their chest beating

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Faithti(m): 8:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

That was when Russia was weak not now she is finding her feet back.
Russia was weak?
Abeg abeg abeg

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2022
Faithti:
Russia was weak?
Abeg abeg abeg
The joke is actually on you! The Russia that emerged from the soviets was weak. A little google search would enlighten you on this. The only significant thing they inherited was nuclear war heads. An economy in ruins, and a comatose industry. Their defense industry could not even innovate due to lack of funding. Well just search up and enlighten yourself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.thewire.in/article/economy/post-soviet-russian-economic-collapse/amp

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by dawnomike(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Many don't really understand what Putin is fighting against... But I still believe invasion isn't the right way.
Only Belarus which is an ally of Russia and Ukrain stands in between NATO nations and Russia... If Russia had managed the issue of Crimea and the coup of the past administration well with Ukraine, maybe it wouldn't have goitten to boiling point.

What do you think?
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by History555: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

You Igbos can not make small sense to save your lives..

We are talking about A and this one is shouting B.

Who is this fool that cannot express his shitty self without callin ipob. Dunce

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2022
dawnomike:
Many don't really understand what Putin is fighting against... But I still believe invasion isn't the right way.
Only Belarus which is an ally of Russia and Ukrain stands in between NATO nations and Russia... If Russia had managed the issue of Crimea and the coup of the past administration well with Ukraine, maybe it wouldn't have goitten to boiling point.

What do you think?

True talk, many simply will never understand. But Putin was choice less. Once the US starts poaching and inciting your neighbors, they won’t stop. They purposely hardened zelensky to rebuff negotiations. Zelensky won his election on two slogans, to implement peace in the donbass with the rebels and Russia and secondly to fight corruption. So what changed when he ascended. Suddenly he did not want the Minsk agreement anymore. He did not want to negotiate with the break away regions anymore, he did not want to negotiate with Russia anymore. The questions should be, what changed? Putin was simply confronted with fait acompli

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by fashionnisir(f): 9:18am On Feb 27, 2022
If i may ask what is the significance effect of NATO decision to these Ukraine and Russia war?

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by dawnomike(m): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2022
princeeze1:

True talk, many simply will never understand. But Putin was choice less. Once the US starts poaching and inciting your neighbors, they won’t stop. They purposely hardened zelensky to rebuff negotiations. Zelensky won his election on two slogans, to implement peace in the donbass with the rebels and Russia and secondly to fight corruption. So what changed when he ascended. Suddenly he did not want the Minsk agreement anymore. He did not want to negotiate with the break away regions anymore, he did not want to negotiate with Russia anymore. The questions should be, what changed? Putin was simply confronted with fait acompli
In my opinion, I believe only the president of Ukraine can end this war by raising the white flag. He has to understand that in an invasion, the battle is taking place in his country, the lives of his citizens are on the line, the infrastructures in his country are being destroyed which will take years to build back.
As Putin said, the president of Ukraine is the pawn... Till now, aside from casualties of the some soldiers of the Russian army, no citizen of Russia is dead neither has there been any single shot of riffle in Russia.

The war is setup for ukraine to be the long term looser just like the Vietnam war that was later declared 'No victor, no vanquished' which is a lie.

Putin's pride and ego will not make him accept defeat till he crushes Ukraine... I only pray and hope he does not employ a heavier machinery of larger destruction on Ukraine.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Frekay: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2022
fkj950ax:

This is one of the most stupid arguments by Putin and his blind loyalists.

If Ukraine becomes part of Russia, doesn't that achieves the same thing Putin said he's trying to prevent.
Missiles can be placed in Ukraine next to Russia borders.
Russia takes over Ukraine that has existing borders with Poland and Slovakia who are NATO countries and ALREADY have these missiles that hasn't been used on Russia there.

This is Putin moving close to the missiles instead of letting it come to Russian border

As simple as that
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by dawnomike(m): 9:29am On Feb 27, 2022
princeeze1:
I like your analysi

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Jeferious: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2022
fkj950ax:

This is one of the most stupid arguments by Putin and his blind loyalists.

If Ukraine becomes part of Russia, doesn't that achieves the same thing Putin said he's trying to prevent.
Missiles can be placed in Ukraine next to Russia borders.
Russia takes over Ukraine that has existing borders with Poland and Slovakia who are NATO countries and ALREADY have these missiles that hasn't been used on Russia there.

This is Putin moving close to the missiles instead of letting it come to Russian border
The best form of defense is attack.

It's easy for you to type whatever you like because you've not been a part of a project that lost its influence and glory overtime because of external sabotage and manipulations. And the enemy is not even stopping till this project is completely pulverized. I have been in such situation, and I tell you this, in all honesty Putin has been soft with the Ukrainians. If I were in Putin's position.....maybe Ukraine would have been a wasteland by now. In fact as at Friday last week there should not be any country named Ukraine on world map.

So far Putin has been "reasonably and passively aggressive" with his peacemaking mission. His approach is very commendable. But if by tonight he doesn't take Kyiv, he should increase his intensity. What didn't happen tonight should happen by tomorrow evening.

This thing sef dey vex me. Why can't US and her allies stay in their lane?

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by fashionnisir(f): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2022
Zelensky is too casual , and also seem as a soft spot. saw him making national speech on a T-shirt, "asking form arms support againts the Russians crimals". The war has come to stay.
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by CaptainMarvel(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2022
Rareoil:

You can't just invade a sovereign nation just because it is associating with your 'enemy', this invasion was so unnecessary.
Lols… No. it’s not. Ever played chess? wink
Re: Take A Look At This Map And Tell Me Why You Wouldnt Invade Ukraine. by Gmajor(m): 9:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:

But there are already NATO countries that have a border with Russian. So why invade Ukraine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

North Korea Conducts Third Nuclear Test! / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic / Did Logan Smith Predict Queen Elizabeth's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.