Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors (22529 Views)

VOP: All 6 Governors Deny Hand In New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Obiagu1(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
ChinenyeN:

So I guess SE does have an ethnic connotation after all.

You should have known that by now.

ezeagu:

The most important state now is obviously Anioma, but does Anioma stay in the South or the South East?

That's a big question. I think the circumstance by which they are created will determine. If they are created as the 6th SE state, then they will become part of the SE but if they are created just because they deserve it, then it'll become open to them to decide.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
Obiagu1:

You should have known that by now.
ChinenyeN:

I guess all that's changed now, seeing as to how people so quickly connect SE with being 'Igbo'.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
Look south east state creation has gone beyond ethnicity, and should be about ancestry. If people are descended from the igbos and their present location is in the south east den dey should be amalgamated into the south east region.

Not all of Benue speak fluent Igbo but certain tribe have Igbo ancestry and language and culture hails from the south east, such people should be given a state along with the igbo parts and zoned to the south east region.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by EzeUche1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2011
I hate how the little subgroups like to claim they are a separate tribes.

I have never believe that there are 250 ethnic groups.

There are probably only 50 or less.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by AndreUweh(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
The likes of Amb Uwechue, Utomi, Edozien, Okonjo, Achuzia, Okogwu etc has always clamoured for an Anioma state that will be zoned to the south east. But someone like Wesley80 here on nairaland would want an Igbo state that has nothing to do with the south east.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by AndreUweh(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
EzeUche!:

There is up to 250 ethnic grops because every village in Rivers state wants to be seen as an ethnic nationality. For Example Egbema ethnic nationality while Egbema in Imo state is Igbo. Ndoki in Abia state is Igbo while Ndoki in Rivers state is an ethnic nationality. Soon it will be each family as an ethnic group in Rivers state. What a shame

3 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
EzeUche!:

All the crap about little sub groups claiming dat they are a different tribe is not fooling anybody anymore, unless u want to be fooled. It is like people speaking pegin English and claiming uniqueness, wat is unique about not being able to speak original English.

No, Nigeria should wake up and rain in all this small mix up confused group to their mother tongue and move on.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Onlytruth(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
Posted by: Calculia

All the crap about little sub groups claiming dat they are a different tribe is not fooling anybody anymore, unless u want to be fooled. It is like people speaking pegin English and claiming uniqueness, wat is unique about not being able to speak original English.

No, Nigeria should wake up and rein in all this small mix up confused group to their mother tongue and move on.

hehehe! grin grin

That is very unlikely in Nigeria as long as there is oil in the so called "minority" areas.
Minorities are easier to exploit. So, it is a symbiosis of sorts whereby the powers that be declare these fake "separate ethnic groups" for easy exploitation. All it all it takes is for a family to discover oil on their land, and declare itself a separate ethnic group.
One of these days, there will be one million "ethnic groups" in Nigeria; unless of course someone decides to become reasonable in Abuja to reduce these to about ten groups, just like they are planning to reduce the number of political parties.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
SE stop all these Rivers this Rivers that! Be on your own, you have everything you need. You have oil in ABIA and Imo. You have large Gas reserve in Anambra and Enugu. You have large coal reserve in Enugu and part of Abia. You have PRODA in Enugu, the reserch institute that manufactured arms and ammunition and rocket during biafran war. Why cant you re-enact the technological feat attained in the 60"s. You have intellectual capacity, Your own daughter is MD world Bank, VP world bank. You have up 3000 medical doctors in Atlanta alone, busy now i will come back

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
petaling:

SE stop all these Rivers this Rivers that! Be on your own, you have everything you need. You have oil in ABIA and Imo. You have large Gas reserve in Anambra and Enugu. You have large coal reserve in Enugu and part of Abia. You have PRODA in Enugu, the reserch institute that manufactured arms and ammunition and rocket during biafran war. Why cant you re-enact the technological feat attained in the 60"s. You have intellectual capacity, Your own daughter is MD world Bank, VP world bank. You have up 3000 medical doctors in Atlanta alone, busy now i will come back

Rivers is Igbo so talk wat u know and leave us to talk wat we know.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by NDelta(m): 12:09am On Jun 29, 2011
What then will u do with the warriors of rivers state, that is the Ijaws known as Kalabari and Okrikas in Rivers state? do not also forget the Ogonis and Andonis and other non igbo speaking parts of the state. Only 35% of the states migrated from igbos mainly the Ikweres, etche etc
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 12:18am On Jun 29, 2011
We have already given the Ijaws their own state and some how Igboid still comes into it. I guess the Ijaws are not as much as they would have us believe. All those water front dwellers are just deceiving themselves to the territory they claim.

Look at Lagos beach how illegal settlement and villages were set up so quick, does that mean the land now belong to the squatters. They know were the Ijaw state is and should go their and leave our coastal front.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 12:50am On Jun 29, 2011
Calculia:

We have already given the Ijaws their own state and some how Igboid still comes into it. I guess the Ijaws are not as much as they would have us believe. All those water front dwellers are just deceiving themselves to the territory they claim.

Look at Lagos beach how illegal settlement and villages were set up so quick, those that mean the land now belong to the squatters. They know were the Ijaw state is and should go their and leave our coastal front.
through go to river Niger you will see ijaw people along the river coast line they now live and work in onitsha , government put them in technical schools and pays them 150k each, not per family a month for allowance,
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Dede1(m): 1:19am On Jun 29, 2011
N.Delta:

What then will u do with the warriors of rivers state, that is the Ijaws known as Kalabari and Okrikas in Rivers state? do not also forget the Ogonis and Andonis and other non igbo speaking parts of the state. Only 35% of the states migrated from igbos mainly the Ikweres, etche etc

This conjure is born out of fool’s delight. Ijo has never had warriors or constituted into anything that could scare a housefly.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by vicenzo(m): 2:18am On Jun 29, 2011
It will not be a good thing to stripe SS of its igbo groups,the SS tag can help us get things which ordinarily will not be possible,for example,okiro,the agunaechemba 1 of egbema was replaced by onovo as the IG of police,this would have raised eyebrows,but because okiro was supposed to be a "rivers man", nobody talked.
  We can always hide behind SS mask,to get double portion of things in this country,for all we know peter odili could be be the president of nigeria,but that will not stop us from demanding for an igbo president and shouting marginalization,afterall odili is a "rivers man".
Notice how ndiigbo was shouting marginalization when okiro was appointed ahead of onovo as the police IG,even though we knew that okiro is the "agunaechemba 1 of egbema"

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Obiagu1(m): 3:30am On Jun 29, 2011
EzeUche!:

The one that comes to my mind is Agbo in C/River where Liyel Imoke is from. A group whose alternate name is Igbo and people don't talk much about them.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Obiagu1(m): 3:33am On Jun 29, 2011
vicenzo:

It will not be a good thing to stripe SS of its igbo groups,the SS tag can help us get things which ordinarily will not be possible,for example,okiro,the agunaechemba 1 of egbema was replaced by onovo as the IG of police,this would have raised eyebrows,but because okiro was supposed to be a "rivers man", nobody talked.
  We can always hide behind SS mask,to get double portion of things in this country,for all we know peter odili could be be the president of nigeria,but that will not stop us from demanding for an igbo president and shouting marginalization,afterall odili is a "rivers man".
Notice how ndiigbo was shouting marginalization when okiro was appointed ahead of onovo as the police IG,even though we knew that okiro is the "agunaechemba 1 of egbema"

Yeah right, what I feel we need is stronger ties with the Igbo groups in the SS, though Anioma could be added to the SE as the 6th state if they want to. Their case is disheartening, they can't just get a grip in Delta State.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 3:35am On Jun 29, 2011
vicenzo:

thats exactly what am saying, double portion is good though it comes with a price of disunity at times.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Onlytruth(m): 4:08am On Jun 29, 2011
Posted by: N.Delta

I always laugh whenever someone starts talking about "Ijaw warlike nature" or "Ijaw militancy and trouble making".

Igbo say that "Onye na ahubeghi agha na akpo ya "aya" "-a person who has never seen real war cannot even know the right pronunciation for "war". undecided

With all due respect, only the Igbo and their Ibibio allies have tasted real war in the whole of Nigeria. Again quote me on that.
We lost about 25% of our population in the Biafran war, and we never stopped fighting except that some of our leaders decided to abandon the war. Nobody in Igboland bought into some "amnesty" even in the thick of FULL SCALE WAR, and with millions dead. For all I know, if Ojukwu had adopted guerilla tactics, the war could have lasted into 80s and 90s. All these was while Ijaw sold out Biafra because of fear.  undecided
Anyway, folks can think whatever they like.

2 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 4:10am On Jun 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: N.Delta
I always laugh whenever someone starts talking about "Ijaw warlike nature" or "Ijaw militancy and trouble making".

Igbo say that "Onye na ahubeghi agha na akpo ya "aya" "-a person who has never seen real war cannot even know the right pronunciation for "war". undecided

With all due respect, only the Igbo and their Ibibio allies have tasted real war in the whole of Nigeria. Again quote me on that.
We lost about 25% of our population in the Biafran war, and we never stopped fighting except that some of our leaders decided to abandon the war. Nobody in Igboland bought into some "amnesty" even in the thick of FULL SCALE WAR, and with millions dead. For all I know[b], if Ojukwu had adopted guerilla tactics, the war could have lasted into 80s and 90s. All these was while Ijaw sold out Biafra because of fear.  undecided[/b]
Anyway, folks can think whatever they like.

you are right cool
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by henry101(m): 4:25am On Jun 29, 2011
vicenzo:

Is Okiro from Imo or Rivers? I know He's from Egbema but got reasons to believe He's from Imo state.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Chyz3: 4:29am On Jun 29, 2011
henry101:

Is Okiro from Imo or Rivers? I know He's from Egbema but got reasons to believe He's from Imo state.

Okiro is a Rivers man.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Mtnaija(f): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2011
Thieves salivating on another man's land. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2011
^^^shaaaaaaaaraaaaaaap! Thief, without Igboland were will u be today.? angrySuicider)
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2011
I personally think that Igbo as an ethnic group should focus more on how to manage the SE and leave other Igbos in SS to manage themselves independently.

Igbos and non-indigenous Igbos actually consist more than 60% of Rivers population but Rivers is a very perculiar State and should be handled with carefulness.Even Ijaws never come out as a single ethnicity in Rivers.Kalabari,Okrika and Ibani are good examples.

So Umuigbo na umuijaw haa nu umu Rivers ka ha biri nke ha.Ayi mara na ufodu ha wu ndi Igbo na Ijaw but let it be.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by nduchucks: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2011
I dey laugh with eyes wide opened, gworo in hand. cheesy
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2011
petaling:

There's no one from the south east that's an MD for the world Bank.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by AndreUweh(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2011
Abagworo:

I personally think that Igbo as an ethnic group should focus more on how to manage the SE and leave other Igbos in SS to manage themselves independently.

Igbos and non-indigenous Igbos actually consist more than 60% of Rivers population but Rivers is a very perculiar State and should be handled with carefulness.Even Ijaws never come out as a single ethnicity in Rivers.Kalabari,Okrika and Ibani are good examples.

So Umuigbo na umuijaw haa nu umu Rivers ka ha biri nke ha.Ayi mara na ufodu ha wu ndi Igbo na Ijaw but let it be.

Why do they turn every village to an ethnic nationality?. Within the Igbo groups, you have about 10 ethnic nationalities.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2011
Maybe they do it so that Rivers doesn't turn into Igbo vs. Ijaw, although it looks like that sometimes anyway. Nobody forced these groups to become independent ethnic groups, so the only ones to blame are the 'Igbo' groups themselves, sometimes I wish one group would have taken over the whole of Igbo land like the (disunited) kingdoms in old Qin under Han.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by AndreUweh(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2011
ezeagu:

Maybe they do it so that Rivers doesn't turn into Igbo vs. Ijaw, although it looks like that sometimes anyway. Nobody forced these groups to become independent ethnic groups, so the only ones to blame are the 'Igbo' groups themselves, sometimes I wish one group would have taken over the whole of Igbo land like the (disunited) kingdoms in old Qin under Han.
It seems they do not know that there is strength in unity especially the Igbo groups in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2011
Uche2005=becomrich=Musiwa

I'm surprised nobody has seen this and this thread has reached 2 pages.  grin
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by vicenzo(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
henry101:

He is from ogba/ndoni/egbema lga (ONELGA) of rivers state.Like chyz said,he is a "rivers man".

henry101:

He is from ogba/ndoni/egbema lga (ONELGA) of rivers state.Like chyz said,he is a "rivers man".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Dapo Abiodun Behind Close Doors (Photos) / Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator / Aisha Buhari Was Received In The UK By Ogah (Mrs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.