Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors (22593 Views)

VOP: All 6 Governors Deny Hand In New Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2011
ChinenyeN:

EzeUche, wetin? Is it that serious? Just relax.

grin
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2011
ezeuche i no follow u for that one ooo , am discussing rivers state here so lets stick to the topic abeg before they go move this thread to tribslism section. abeg edit that your post or create a new thread for it.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by EzeUche(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2011
ChinenyeN:

EzeUche, wetin? Is it that serious? Just relax.

Yes it is very serious. You give them an inch. They will take a yard. angry
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2011
EzeUche:

Yes it is very serious. You give them an inch. They will take a yard. angry
Alright, I guess. I mean, if it means that much to you.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by vicenzo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2011
bashr4:

people always claim that ikwerre man or rivers man will fight you if you call him an  igbo man yet their traditional rulers are celebrating ada ndigbo in rivers state ,infact i think they came up with the trend, i always tell people not to take anything they read on nairaland seriously cause the situation is different in real life.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-325765.0.html

the link again for those that have not seen the celebration.

Did you notice that the amanyanabo of opobo was in attendance,how many other ijaw leaders was there?The day of reckoning is fast approaching.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2011
KnowAll, I've got something for you. . .

Ikwere admits relationship with Etche. Etche admits kinship with Ngwa. Ngwa admits some form of kinship with Ikwere, in general, but the people of Diobu and surrounding are specifically said to have a direct relationship with Ngwa.

Ikwere are distinct from 'East Central Igbo', you say? More drivel, or maybe you are just unaware that Ikwere shares specific cultural and linguistic similarities with the Ngwa, of your supposed monotonous 'East Central Igbo'. In short, let us just back off Ngwa a bit and address the most Igbo of Igbo cultural activities being the New Yam festival. The Ngwa, of your supposed monotonous 'East Central Igbo', do not do the New Yam festival, but your 'special' Ikwere do.

Accommodating? There is a 'clan' of Hausa who have made Aba their new home. You can find their story in any of Nigeria's news publishers. The article is even online. Besides the Hausa, there are also Igbo and non-Igbo groups who have made themselves comfortable in Aba and Osisioma.

Contact with non-Igbo groups? Hmm. . . let me see, like the Ikwere, the Ngwa also had contact with non-Igbo groups (Ijo and Annang/Ibibio). In fact, a number of Ngwa can understand and speak Annang/Ibibio. Some also can understand and speak Ijo.

It seems that your 'special' Ikwere are really not as special as you try to make them out to seem.

1 Like

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ChinenyeN(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2011
Now, that's not to say that I want them in SE zone. I honestly believe that they should remain in the SS. I just don't believe they should remain there for any of the reasons you mentioned.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
abeg let them remain in SS territory i don't want ijo vs ime ogbe onitsha war those onitsha indigence are hot headed too, so we don't want ikwere ijo etc let them stay with SS no problem. We from the SE had accepted that we are blood related to be honest i prefer SE the way we are smiley smiley
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Uche2005: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
we remove river state into south east
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2011
its still in the south south, no. grin
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2011
i think part of delta state should come to SE undecided undecided
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by vicenzo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
Uche2005:

we remove river state into south east
grin and remove delta,edo,bayelsa,sw,into benin republic,right?
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by vicenzo(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
ak47mann:

i think part of delta state should come to SE undecided undecided
Create anioma state and move it into SE,sounds like a good plan,those other groups would finally be able to make warri the capital of delta state,like they have always wanted,and maybe onitsha and asaba can finally become one.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
vicenzo:

Create anioma state and move it into SE,sounds like a good plan,those other groups would finally be able to make warri the capital of delta state,like they have always wanted,and maybe onitsha and asaba can finally become one.
exactly! and this guys admit they(asaba) are igbo,it will be impossible shaa cos of everything they have spent on that city.i heard they are building airport now.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Ibime(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2011
bashr4:

in rivers state alone out of the 23 local governments 12 are  igbo 6 are  ijaw and 4 are  ogoni with opobo mixed with igbo and ijaw people. with this statistics i wonder who will put who where they belong in nigerdelta.

Ogu/Bolo 89 74,683 Ogu 500-------------------igbo

Correction. . . Ogu/Bolo is a hybrid LGA between Okrika and Ogoni created to prevent dispute as it was formerly in Okrika LGA, although partly Ogoni land.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by odumchi: 2:46am On Jul 03, 2011
No only Rivers state but also Delta State.
Rivers State is 70 % Igbo and the smae percentage of its people speaks Igbo.
With Rivers State in the mix, we are one step closer to recieving full Igbo unity. My brothers, see behind this and look at the real fact, the Igbo people of Rivers State and Delta State, Namely Ikwerre and others must be united with the SE and only then can we advance as an Igbo nation.

Please if you want a source for my facts, go to this link: http://www.igbofocus.com/html/rivers_state.html
Even when I went to Port-Harcourt, some of the signs were written in Igbo and Igbo was spoken throughout the streets
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by siokpe: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2011
Calculia, please leave Benue out your calculation of Igbo pple. I challenged you to give me a single Village in Benue that is Igbo ancestry but you find it difficult to find an answer. When I said, Benue belong to Kwararafa I simply mean that the Idomas, Kutebs, Jukuns, Igalas, Tivs etc belong to the group that migrated from north Africa reffered to as Kwararafas that settle in the mordern day middle belt of Nigeria. In any future outlook, these group must flock together. If our elders and ruler feel that we should align with east, south, west, north or to even go solo then the NC assembly shall discuss. Expansion is good but any ambition to brand Benue or any part of it as Igbo will definetely suffer a set back not withstanding the cordial relationship that presently exist. The whole of Benue south that borders with Ebonyi,cross River and Enugu states are entirely Idoma and I am more familiar with the area than you do. Or is it from history of geography book that you red that of Igbos in Benue or north central? or your parents told you? Rather it is the pple of Igala and Idoma that live is clusters within Enugu Ejike and other parts of SE and not the other way round.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
Posted by: siokpe
I challenged you to give me a single Village in Benue that is Igbo ancestry but you find it difficult to find an answer.
Aifam-Owukpa in Ogbadibo LGA, Okpokwu is a Local Government Area of Benue State, Nigeria.

In Benue u have entire local gov that have Igbo ancestry dat are refered to as Idoma ranging from Oju, Obi, Okpokwu,  Ohimini to Ogbadibo LGA(Aifam-Owukpa village)
The whole of Benue south that borders with Ebonyi,cross River and Enugu states are entirely Idoma(Igboid) and Efik groups with heavy mixing. The Idomas/ parts of Igalas and Igboid group should join to create the sixth southeast state.

or all Benue zoned southeast, if dat will make Idomas HAPPY. grin Come back 2 your family becos we are many and not just igbo. grin There is efik, ibibio, ijaw, annang and many mor all this group don't cmplain about igbo domination and we coexist peacefully together and inter-marry. Join our region if it suits u. wink
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by siokpe: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
Calculia, do not use this medium to mislead fellow nairalanders. I may not respond to you any more. After my rejoinder, I only expected you to be grateful that I have enligthened you. The person you are talking to is a native of Ogbadibo in Benue. The district that make of Ogbadibo are Otukpa, Orokam and Owukpa which the rest of Idomas refer to as Idoma enone. We dont have Igbos in our midst except those that are there doing their legitimate business like any other Nigerian. Our ancestors have never told us what you now want us to believe through nairaland forum. It is funny that you can refer to Ohimini LGA the home of Gen Lawrence Onoja which is not even near the border with the East. when you hear of villages like Ai-itabono, Ai-Okpe; Ai-Oodo etc which you tried to corrupt as AIFAM is similar to what u have as umu-okoro, umu-oji etc in Igbo. Having heard the truth, if u like u can now go to Otukpo which is the traditional hqters of the Idomas and mount Igbo flag and claim the land and add to S/E because the Annang, Ibibios, Efiks are in the SE. We are contended with sharing boundary with the SE and not to be part of it
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Calculia: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
Look believe wat u like. Fact Idoma is a Igboid group. There are Igbo speaking areas in Benue and the people termed Idoma. Not all of dem share your we are contend belief and many might want to leave to the southeast. Time will tell. On the other hand, If Nigeria do split Benue will come crawling to join Southeastern Nigeria once the Almajiris start their offensive. We await the prodigal son. grin grin grin grin
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
siokpe:

Calculia, do not use this medium to mislead fellow nairalanders. I may not respond to you any more. After my rejoinder, I only expected you to be grateful that I have enligthened you. The person you are talking to is a native of Ogbadibo in Benue. The district that make of Ogbadibo are Otukpa, Orokam and Owukpa which the rest of Idomas refer to as Idoma enone. We dont have Igbos in our midst except those that are there doing their legitimate business like any other Nigerian. Our ancestors have never told us what you now want us to believe through nairaland forum. It is funny that you can refer to Ohimini LGA the home of Gen Lawrence Onoja which is not even near the border with the East. when you hear of villages like Ai-itabono, Ai-Okpe; Ai-Oodo etc which you tried to corrupt as AIFAM is similar to what u have as umu-okoro, umu-oji etc in Igbo. Having heard the truth, if u like u can now go to Otukpo which is the traditional hqters of the Idomas and mount Igbo flag and claim the land and add to S/E because the Annang, Ibibios, Efiks are in the SE. We are contended with sharing boundary with the SE and not to be part of it

they are idoma not igbo but the point is that they are closely related to the easteners igbo,efik,anang,ibibio etc rather than the northerners so yes benue should be a southeast state (southeast state does not =igbo state). same with the igala, the west igala can join edo or SW while the east igala can Form a state with the idoma and join the SE ,TIV can decide where to go.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ezeagu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
First of all Idoma is not an 'Igboid' group, second Igala don't have to split themselves for anybody, and third Tiv is not coming anywhere near the south east.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by aljharem3: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
bashr4:

they are idoma not igbo but the point is that they are closely related to the easteners igbo,efik,anang,ibibio etc rather than the northerners so yes benue should be a southeast state (southeast state does not =igbo state). same with the igala, the west igala can join edo or SW while the east igala can Form a state with the idoma and join the SE ,TIV can decide where to go.

so u what to start claiming idoma again cheesy cheesy
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ektbear: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
lmao @ seeking to split up an ethnic group (Igala) to satisfy your own ambition
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by bashr4: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
alj_harem:

so u what to start claiming idoma again cheesy cheesy

not we are not claiming them neither do we need them for anything.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by Uche2005: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
no mind them
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ak47mann(m): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
Uche2005:

no mind them
some part in delta state belong to southeast cool cool
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by agbotaen: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
you are a cheap propagandist,the obi of owa was at the fore front of chasing igbos away from ika land by assisting general muritala to expel biafra, and biafra declared him wanted dead or alive.
2. obi of owa is not a member of ohaneze ndigbo and he can never be, if he says in any book that owa has nri migration ,yes he is right but he also says owa has benin migrations too, infact benin established owa and so owa is part of ika ethnicity and not igbo ethnicity.so get that right,
3. owa people have said that they belong to ika ethnicity and that owa was founded by benin before igbo people came.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by autoKay: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
bashr4:

ezeuche majority of them are not denying that its just a few that have time on the internet that are creating this mischief, as for the denial after the war we cannot be quick to judge them on that , only God knows what the wicked military would have done to them and their land if they had agreed they where igbo , maybe it would have been given to the ijaws to make sure no igboid group can lay claim to rivers state.
even the united nations after the war stated the same thing that the ikwerres claimed they are not igbo in other to survive the aftermath of the war.

Not just the Ikwerres. Some Nsukka people during the war started giving their children northern tribal marks to prevent attack. So, the Ikwerres were not blame. They are Igbos.

Its funny to say that CHIBUIKE AMECHI is not igbo. I once had an Ikwerre Girl Friend, she's just like every other Igbo girl. If I play Oliver de Coque and Osadebe, she told me that her father wouldn't go to bed without playing them. Ikwerre is Igbo. Odili was among the Igbo Governors.
In Ikwerre Land, its either your mum is from the South East or your grand Mum. Ask around.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by pazienza(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
siokpe: Calculia, do not use this medium to mislead fellow nairalanders. I may not respond to you any more. After my rejoinder, I only expected you to be grateful that I have enligthened you. The person you are talking to is a native of Ogbadibo in Benue. The district that make of Ogbadibo are Otukpa, Orokam and Owukpa which the rest of Idomas refer to as Idoma enone. We dont have Igbos in our midst except those that are there doing their legitimate business like any other Nigerian. Our ancestors have never told us what you now want us to believe through nairaland forum. It is funny that you can refer to Ohimini LGA the home of Gen Lawrence Onoja which is not even near the border with the East. when you hear of villages like Ai-itabono, Ai-Okpe; Ai-Oodo etc which you tried to corrupt as AIFAM is similar to what u have as umu-okoro, umu-oji etc in Igbo. Having heard the truth, if u like u can now go to Otukpo which is the traditional hqters of the Idomas and mount Igbo flag and claim the land and add to S/E because the Annang, Ibibios, Efiks are in the SE. We are contended with sharing boundary with the SE and not to be part of it

There are igbos indigenous to benue state,they are of izzi/ezza extraction,their villages are found in okpokwu,oju and even obi lgas of benue state,they are not idomas,they are extention of ebonyi groups into benue state. For more details,check out benue state website.
Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by pazienza(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
agbotaen: you are a cheap propagandist,the obi of owa was at the fore front of chasing igbos away from ika land by assisting general muritala to expel biafra, and biafra declared him wanted dead or alive.
2. obi of owa is not a member of ohaneze ndigbo and he can never be, if he says in any book that owa has nri migration ,yes he is right but he also says owa has benin migrations too, infact benin established owa and so owa is part of ika ethnicity and not igbo ethnicity.so get that right,
3. owa people have said that they belong to ika ethnicity and that owa was founded by benin before igbo people came.

Shut up. The obi of owa and other clans did feign hostility towards retreiving biafran soldiers,so as to escape the massacre that the nigerian government/army planned for them and the hostility of other mid-western ethnic groups, it was simply survival instinct,it wasn't something done with glory like you paint it,so go and sit down.

Owa is and will always be an Nri(nshi) enclave. Odogwu ensured that when he won the battle to lead owa,against your bini ancestor( Ofien) and his bini people,deal with it.

Obi efeizomor,the obi of Owa,a descendant of odogwu,had since upheld his nri(nshi) ancestry,and re affirmed that majority of owa is of nri,of course,he is well aware of ofien and his bini people,who are but minorities in owa,right from the beginning,even till now.

Efeizomor doesn't have to be a member of ohaneze ndigbo,ohaneze ndigbo can't contain all the ezes,obis,ezenwali,onye ishi's,igwes,etc in igboland.

They simply do representative democracy. Eze ilomuanya represents all traditional rulers in SE, while prof edozien,the asagba of asaba represents the traditional rulers in anioma and indeed,the whole of igboland,as he is an ohaneze grand patron.

Agbontae,anytime you bini minorities are tired of odogwu and his descendants reign in owa,which will always be an nri hegemony,as odogwu had nri ancestry,you can do us a favour,and relocate back to edo state,i am sure they will welcome you back.

2 Likes

Re: River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors by ijawcitizen(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
bashr4:

in rivers state alone out of the 23 local governments 12 are  igbo 6 are  ijaw and 4 are  ogoni with opobo mixed with igbo and ijaw people. with this statistics i wonder who will put who where they belong in nigerdelta.

The least you could do is be right with your facts before you post them. Now do the maths.......

LGA Name Area (sq.km) Census 2006
population Administrative capital Postal
Code
Port Harcourt 109 541,115 Port Harcourt 500------------------Igbo(ikwerre)/Ijaw
Obio-Akpor 260 464,789 Rumuokoro 500-------------------igbo
Okrika 222 222,026 Okrika 500----------------------ijaw
Ogu/Bolo 89 74,683 Ogu 500-------------------ijaw
Eleme 138 190,884 Eleme 501-------------ogoni
Tai 159 117,797 Sakpenwa 501------------ogoni
Gokana 126 228,828 Kpor 501---------------------ogoni
Khana 560 294,217 Bori 502-------------------ogoni
Oyigbo 248 122,687 Afam 502------------------------------igbo
Opobo/Nkoro 130 151,511 Opobo Town 503-------------------ijaw (igbo is spoken, but there are NO igbo communitiies NOR natives)
Andoni 233 211,009 Ngo 503----------------------------ijaw
Bonny 642 215,358 Bonny 503---------------------ijaw
Degema 1,011 249,773 Degema 504-------------------ijaw
Asari-Toru 113 220,100 Buguma 504 -------------------ijaw
Akuku-Toru 1,443 156,006 Abonnema 504--------ijaw
Abua/Odua 704 282,988 Abua 510----------------------ijaw
Ahoada West Akinima (ijaw town)......igbo(ekpeye)/ijaw
Ahoada East 341 166,747 Ahoada 510-------------------igbo
Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni 969 284,010 Omuku 510-----------igbo
Emohua 831 201,901 Emohua 511---------------------igbo
Ikwerre 655 189,726 Isiokpo 511-----------------------igbo
Etche 805 249,454 Okehi 512------------------------igbo
Omuma 170---------------------------------------------------------igbo

Ijaw--- 9 lgas
Igbos--- 8 lgas
Ogoni--- 4 lgas

.....while the remaining 2 are shared by igboid and ijoid groups (Port harcourt lga & Ahoada West lga) with HQs of both in Ijaw territories (Old GRA & Akinima respectively)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHCN (NEPA) Service Charge On Prepaid Meter / Omoyele Sowore Of Sahara Reporters Released / Aisha Abba-Kyari: Due Process Followed In Recruitment Of Kyari’s Daughter –NSIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.