Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day (11072 Views)

3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent / Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by HitSong: 6:18am On Feb 28, 2022
Bastards and propaganda

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by derecho(m): 6:23am On Feb 28, 2022
If na Nigeria, Lai Mohammed will say the protesters are being sponsored by CNN
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by blacknoir: 6:38am On Feb 28, 2022
jcross19:
stop this CNN of a thing... Now covid 19 is not killing them in USA again after Trump was booted out...... God punish western media...
I thought that was going to be the case but its untrue. More people have died under biden than under trump even CNN that is biased reported it
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by blacknoir: 6:44am On Feb 28, 2022
Miroslavv:

Hahahahaha
The western media has blinded you from the reality of things.
And u also are blind. I am very sure when the us said Russia will invade Ukraine it is people like u that kept shouting propaganda and calling the US warmongers now look at what's happening. However I know western medias can be biased but this is not the 1st time Russian is having huge protest and it is not the 1st time they are been detained in fact sometimes the protestors are gunned down. Putin is a dictator not a Democrats

3 Likes

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by KingOKON: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2022
foryourmindlol:
They will overthrow Putin. His problem is internal not even external. When you're fighting war and your whole country is protesting and your senior leaders are resigning and showing displeasure. There will be a coup definitely.

They will kill him like Ramadam goat

1 Like

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Miroslavv:

Hahahahaha
The western media has blinded you from the reality of things.
Are you saying there are no protests in Russia or there are no arrests of peaceful protesters?
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by onyxo76(m): 6:51am On Feb 28, 2022
i wonder how many police officers Moscow has if they have detained over 1200 people for protesting, their cells must be filled to capacity by now.

1 Like

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:54am On Feb 28, 2022
Techsupport:
Hold on. All these kids on NL, supporting putin and regurgitating right wing propaganda, I have a question for you all. If what putin is doing is so great why are RUSSIANS protesting against him? You do no research, you read nothing without an emoji yet you want to come to a public forum and be proud of your ignorance.
It's the way they are so proud of this ignorance that amazes and annoys me at the same time, like wtf are these people on?

3 Likes

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:55am On Feb 28, 2022
onyxo76:
i wonder how many police officers Moscow has if they have detained over 1200 people for protesting, their cells must be filled to capacity by now.
ignorance, that's all I see allover your comment.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by onyxo76(m): 6:57am On Feb 28, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
ignorance, that's all I see allover your comment.
you sound pained and displeased,you don't have to attack every comment you see here. take it easy
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 28, 2022
Ecne:

Are you saying there are no protests in Russia or there are no arrests of peaceful protesters?

There are protests, but the number of protesters is Negligible compared to the Pro Putin Russians. It is a Movement for the future of Russians.

Some Germans weren't in support of Hitler just as some Russians are not in Support of Putin. I am not a pro Putin person neither am I for the west.
This war is not a matter of good vs evil, it is a matter of balance of power, Ukraine will just be the collateral damage.I am inclined to beleive that even if Russia attacks a sovereign NATO state that is not a nuclear country, The west will only continue with sanctions as no world leader is as willing to use the Nukes as Russia.
America are the first and only country to have used nukes in a war so don't demonize Russia and Take US for Angels .
All is fair in love...and war.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:00am On Feb 28, 2022
onyxo76:
you sound pained and displeased.
Nah! I'm only amazed at your level of ignorance is all. Have nice day.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by gokesoye: 7:00am On Feb 28, 2022
Americans also protested against the invasion of US in Afghanistan and Iraq. I wonder how russian police could be able to detain 6000 people in 5 days.

Western propaganda as usual
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by onyxo76(m): 7:02am On Feb 28, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Nah! I'm only amazed at your level of ignorance is all. Have nice day.
okay prof. you too sabi.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by francisbiz: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2022
jcross19:
stop this CNN of a thing... Now covid 19 is not killing them in USA again after Trump was booted out...... God punish western media...
Good morning sir.
Sir, you skipped your medication yesterday.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2022
foryourmindlol:
They will overthrow Putin. His problem is internal not even external. When you're fighting war and your whole country is protesting and your senior leaders are resigning and showing displeasure. There will be a coup definitely.
God bless you with more Wisdom. Thats sure what is expected to be the end of the egocentric war mongering Putin.

1 Like

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:29am On Feb 28, 2022
orisa37:
RUSSIA IS HIDING A LOT OTHERWISE SHE WOULDN'T DETAIN ANYONE FOR THIS KIND OF DEMOCRATIC AND NECESSARY PROTESTS.
They are stifling State media coverage on the attack by ensuring words like "attack", "invasion" are expunged. Calling it "intervention " and even "brotherly love" to demilitarize Ukraine. Unimaginable ! Putin is a bloody dictator, Period!
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2022
joyandfaith:

It is just like Nigeria fighting Benin Republic because it wants to join an international organisation. They are neighbours.
Putin is fighting unpopular war. I see a new Russia, a democratic nation in mutual relationship with West to establish a new world order.
Thats exactly whats going to be the aftermath of Putin exit. Na that one sure pass! Just has the entire world powers occupied Germany after the 2nd world war that earned Germany one of the most democratic and one of the best destination in Europe today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by SmartyPants(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2022
huptin:
Things are escalating fast! Too fast for comfort. There is still plenty room for diplomacy, why is everyone taking the confrontation approach?

World war 3 will send the world back to the stone age and that will be the lot of less than 10% of the population that may survive it. We should all avoid it.

Grow up.

Where were you when the world struggled to negotiate with Putin for weeks?

There is no everyone taking the confrontation approach. Just Putin!
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by jcross19: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2022
francisbiz:

Good morning sir.
Sir, i skipped my medication yesterday.
fixed!!
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by HardMirror(m): 8:27am On Feb 28, 2022
NighttWalker:
We are currently experiencing a major historical event. This war will spill into something catastrophic for mankind, I don’t think a lot of people have realised that, they all think this will start and end in Ukraine
the war wont be has serious as you are thinking. It would be like the middle east wars that we are used to not dont exp2ct a nuclear war
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Crafteck1: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2022
NighttWalker:
We are currently experiencing a major historical event. This war will spill into something catastrophic for mankind, I don’t think a lot of people have realised that, they all think this will start and end in Ukraine

It wont spill, thats why countries didnt directly attack russia.
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by IamAtikulate: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2022
jcross19:
All of the sudden they have stopped believing CNN.

The same CNN they believe during Trump era. Putin e-dogs are just senseless.

They are cheering him to death here while Russians are against the war
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by IamAtikulate: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2022
Techsupport:
Hold on. All these kids on NL, supporting putin and regurgitating right wing propaganda, I have a question for you all. If what putin is doing is so great why are RUSSIANS protesting against him? You do no research, you read nothing without an emoji yet you want to come to a public forum and be proud of your ignorance.
All Putin e-dogs just left the chat.

1 Like

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by paafin(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2022
CNN!!

Propaganda!
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Karemarealty288(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2022
MrHighSea:
Russia towards implosion

Civil unrest has kicked off...Putin is endangered....May not last a month on that seat.

Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by godliman: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2022
dontro:
It seems majority of Russians are against the war anyway
That war is Putin's war not Russian
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by Newton2024: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2022
Techsupport:
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by doshiyad1: 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
NighttWalker:

Fact!
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by errigdee: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
naija own na #EndSars,so na wet in we go call this one now!!! hahahahahaha
Re: 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day by KingDamzzy(m): 12:28am On Mar 01, 2022
So they normally arrest peaceful protesters in "Saner climes?"

Who would have thought?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? / Three Tanzanian Soldiers Killed In The Democratic Republic Of Congo / President John Mahama Sworn Into Office In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.