Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,684 members, 7,851,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:36 PM

12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization (2321 Views)

'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’ / Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / Victims Killed That Led To The Killing Of Major Alkali (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by omowolewa: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Evolution
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

6 of the world's 10 fastest growing economies are in Africa, so what are you talking about? The continent is moving. The problem is you and your ilk drowning in negativity and colonial mentality, with your heads stuck in admiration of the west when you should be patronising African economies and destinations.

When you self-hating Africans travel, you run to Dubai, London, New York. You ignore Abidjan, Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Maputo, Dakar, Kigali, Dar e salaam and Mombasa because you've been conditioned and brainwashed to see all Africa as 'backward,' whereas those are lovely, well-governed, fast developing places that should be seeing your tourism and investment capital, not Dubai and Paris and London and New York.

Insist on buying African - made goods and services as first choice rather than European or American made. That way you boost employment and industry big time in Africa and grow the economy.

So get YOUR heads right and stop feeling racially inferior, and everything else falls into place.
grin grin it is better you start by preaching to the ruling class than the common people!
Currently, ASUU is on strike and part of their demand is that FG should use their own in-house software to service them, but the FG is insisting that they will only use a software that is foreign made and imposed!
Europeans gather together and form a space program because they know that individually they may not have the power to do it, but have you seen African countries coming together to embark on ground breaking technological or scientific exploit?
What I am saying in essence is that we should first of all realize that something is wrong with us and then when we addressed the problem we can then move on, instead of leaving on past glories!
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
sinkhole:
grin grin it is better you start by preaching to the ruling class than the common people!
Currently, ASUU is on strike and part of their demand is that FG should use their own in-house software to service them, but the FG is insisting that they will only use a software that is foreign made and imposed!
Europeans gather together and form a space program because they know that individually they may not have the power to do it, but have you seen African countries coming together to embark on ground breaking technological or scientific exploit?
What I am saying in essence is that we should first of all realize that something is wrong with us and then when we addressed the problem we can then move on, instead of leaving on past glories!

Stop blaming the leaders, because the leaders came from you. They didn't fall from the sky.

If the leaders gravitate instinctively to western suppliers, it is because YOU do. Nigerians prefer to spend on foreign made shoes, bags, watches, cars etc, and shun 'local made'. So why would you not see the same tendency in her leaders?

We all need to take responsibility.

Also, African leaders ARE collaborating in many ways now, especially in the intra-continental free trade agreement and numerous projects issuing from that, such as railway networks connecting nations like Kenya and Tanzania, and the West African gas pipeline running from Nigeria, through Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, through to Morocco. There are MANY collaborative projects in Africa today, and many more in the pipeline.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by ArewaNorth: 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
Is it not obvious that Western world underdeveloped Africa (slave trade and colonisation) and are now mocking us?
Not only Africa, white people were the most illiterates people on earth before stealing and interpreting of huge Arabs, Africans and Indian books.
Africa is bless but our inferior, non visionary leaders are busy perpetuating the killing of the continent as done by their white masters!
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
The black race was worshipped by white Europeans, Greeks and Romans and others in the distant past.

The irony of our flipped situation today is almost hilarious if not pathetic.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
DrFreeman:
The black race were worshipped by white Europeans, Greeks and Romans and others in the distant past.

The irony of our flipped situation today is almost hilarious if not pathetic.

Bro, it really is a dramatic reversal of fortunes. It wasn't just Europeans by the way.
All the early gods and godmen of China, India, Australia, and South America were black. The earliest sculptures of Buddha, Krishna etc, show clearly black African features.

There was clearly a time in history that black Africans were widely regarded as the leaders and pioneers of world civilization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

Stop blaming the leaders, because the leaders came from you. They didn't fall from the sky.

If the leaders gravitate instinctively to western suppliers, it is because YOU do. Nigerians prefer to spend on foreign made shoes, bags, watches, cars etc, and shun 'local made'. So why would you not see the same tendency in her leaders?

Also, African leaders ARE collaborating in many ways now, especially in the intra-continental free trade agreement and numerous projects issuing from that, such as railway networks connecting nations like Kenya and Tanzania, and the West African gas pipeline running from Nigeria, through Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, through to Morocco. There are MANY collaborative projects in Africa today, and many more in the pipeline.
First, at the bolded, common citizens buy those things because they are cheap (bend down boutiques for fairly used foreign cloths and shoes and Belgium/tokunbo for fairly used cars). How many common citizens can afford Innoson cars?
The elites patronize foreign products because of the mentality of class that is embedded in us!
The rot in African must be blamed on everybody, from ordinary citizens to the ruling class. I just watched the election in France on TV now and I was just WAO! No violence, no political thugs, everybody was voting and smiling. They even brought their children and pets to the polling stations embarassed
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
sinkhole:

First, at the bolded, common citizens buy those things because they are cheap (bend down boutiques for fairly used foreign cloths and shoes and Belgium/tokunbo for fairly used cars). How many common citizens can afford Innoson cars?
The elites patronize foreign products because of the mentality of class that is embedded in us!
The rot in African must be blamed on everybody, from ordinary citizens to the ruling class. I just watched the election in France on TV now and I was just WAO! No violence, no political thugs, everybody was voting and smiling. They even brought their children and pets to the polling stations embarassed

Africans do not patronise foreign made goods because they are "cheap". They do so because they're conditioned to see foreign as better.

If anything they will spend more to buy an imported item from say, Italy, than its cheaper locally made counterpart, eg shoes and handbags. They will laugh at you for wearing "Aba made" shoes etc. It is a SICK mentality, directly linked to our recent colonial history and we need to stop it.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

Now, on the second part.
The collaboration you pointed out above is just on commerce, buying and selling among the African nations. We have been doing that since the beginning of time and there is nothing spectacular about that!
Collaboration I am talking about is in areas of ground breaking technology and science, such as having a regional rocket launching station or regional satellite building company, etc!
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
sinkhole:

Now, on the second part.
The collaboration you pointed out above is just on commerce, buying and selling among the African nations. We have been doing that since the beginning of time and there is nothing spectacular about that!
Collaboration I am talking about is in areas of ground breaking technology and science, such as having a regional rocket launching station or regional satellite building company, etc!

We have NOT been collaborating since the beginning of time. The colonial inheritance led us to being nations that traded with Europe far more than we did with each other, and only now is that changing.

For now, what we need most is to trade with each other. The more exotic collaborations you mentioned will be built upon these initial trade connections and the prosperity that will emerge therefrom.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

Africans do not patronise foreign made goods because they are "cheap". They do so because they're conditioned to see foreign as better.

If anything they will spend more to buy an imported item from say, Italy, than its cheaper locally made counterpart, eg shoes and handbags. They will laugh at you fir wearing "Aba made" shoes etc. It is a SICK mentality, and we need to stop it.

That is class mentality I was talking about, the poor patronize those things because they are cheap ( a bend-down boutique shirt and trousers is cheaper than buying local material which you will still need to pay for making), but when the poor becomes rich they do not want to be associated with the "poor" again, hence they go for the foreign things!
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Transcriber: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quite apt

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

We have NOT been collaborating since the beginning of time. The colonial inheritance led us to being nations that traded with Europe far more than we did with each other, and only now is that changing.
We actually did trade among ourselves before the colonizers came, our transportation technology was the only limitation to our interactions at that time. From the Yoruba history, which I know, Yoruba traded with the Hausas and Fulanis and they travel as far as Ashanti kingdom (Ghana)!
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
sinkhole:
We actually did trade among ourselves before the colonizers came, our transportation technology was the only limitation to our interactions at that time. From the Yoruba history, which I know, Yoruba traded with the Hausas and Fulanis and they travel as far as Ashanti kingdom (Ghana)!

Of course I agree with you that we traded internally in Africa before the colonial era. That was why there was no poverty in Africa before the western invasion.

In fact I read somewhere about an elderly South African Zulu man who stated that Yoruba traders SAILED down the African coast to trade with them hundreds of years ago.

The colonialists came in and destroyed those trade networks and systems to get us focused on sending resources to Europe.

Only now are we recovering from that, with the intra-continental free trade agreement, etc.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

Of course I agree with you that we traded internally in Africa before the colonial era. That was why there was no poverty in Africa before the western invasion.

In fact I read somewhere about an elderly South African Zulu man who stated that Yoruba traders SAILED down the African coast to trade with them hundreds of years ago.

The colonialists came in and destroyed those trade networks and systems to get us focused on sending resources to Europe.

Only now are we recovering from that, with the intra-continental free trade agreement, etc.
I agree with you on some things but the problem I am having is, when the colonialists came, why did we give in so cheaply?
We worshipped those white people like gods, common African people carried them around on their shoulders, backs, etc. Our fathers/leaders captured fellow blacks and sold them for razor, looking glasses, ciga pipes, and other ridiculous things. Today we are still doing the same thing: our leaders will get sick and prefer to go abroad for medical treatment, how many times have you heard that British PM go to Germany for medical check up? It will never happen, because the British will feel so dehumanized for their leader going to another country for medical treatment, but our own leaders will happily do this! What stops our leader from establishing a state of the art hospital here in Nigeria, even if it is specifically for the presidential use?
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Quintopia:

Bro, it really is a dramatic reversal of fortunes. It wasn't just Europeans by the way.
All the early gods and godmen of China, India, Australia, and South America were black. The earliest sculptures of Buddha, Krishna etc, show clearly black African features.

There was clearly a time in history that black Africans were widely regarded as the leaders and pioneers of world civilization.

I agree.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by kenny714433(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
I have made research about the Egyptians and I come to conclusion that they are the most foolish people in earth.

Egypt should have been envy of the human race and alien inclusive.

As part of their successes,
They invented writing, they had the earliest form of education, in art, the Egyptian were at the forefront, in medicines, religion and military.

Egypt had the first tallest man made structure, when others didn't even think it was possible. (The pyramid)
They had the resources, (gold).
Did you know, the first form of modern agricultural was started by the Egyptians. When they had to improvise to water their farm down the Nile, they invented irrigation system.
In power, they equally had a taste of power when the Roman empire was the strongest.

In engineering, apart from the pyramids, have you seen their structures, their obelisk and how it was made?
I ask, why is Egypt a shadow of its former self now? That would have been the strongest country in the world.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Tinubuadvocate: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
We that knew this as an historian not joking about our heritage. How on hell one white dude that not step Africa before could be telling me how my forefather shit without clean anus.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
sinkhole:
I agree with you on some things but the problem I am having is, when the colonialists came, why did we give in so cheaply?
We worshipped those white people like gods, common African people carried them around on their shoulders, backs, etc. Our fathers/leaders captured fellow blacks and sold them for razor, looking glasses, ciga pipes, and other ridiculous things. Today we are still doing the same thing: our leaders will get sick and prefer to go abroad for medical treatment, how many times have you heard that British PM go to Germany for medical check up? It will never happen, because the British will feel so dehumanized for their leader going to another country for medical treatment, but our own leaders will happily do this! What stops our leader from establishing a state of the art hospital here in Nigeria, even if it is specifically for the presidential use?

Follow the news closely. There are world class smart cities and ultra-modern hospitals being constructed as we speak, in Nigeria. It is said they will serve as the go-to place for medical treatment in West Africa etc. I might get you a link later.

I don't actually think that leaders fly abroad for treatment because they don't think any hospitals in Nigeria are good enough to treat them. It is more a security issue, whereby they are suspicious that their political enemies could compromise hospital staff and get them hurt etc.

Also, it is not all or even most African leaders who ''fly abroad for treatment''. It's just a stereotype. We never hear of the hundreds of times they check in to local hospitals for treatment, but when one, eg Buhari, flies abroad, it gets in the news, and it becomes ''all our leaders fly abroad for treatment''.

Finally, the whites conquered not just Africa, but the entire world, after they took Chinese gunpowder native mixtures, used traditionally by the Chinese for fireworks at religious festivals, and began building FIREARMS.

Firearms were a game changer like nothing else the world had seen.

What you need to understand is that for 5000 years prior, ALL people on all continents used iron weapons for conflict, ie swords, spears, lances, axes, bow and arrow, cavalry.

European kings presided over mass poverty in their lands up till the late 16th century when their merchants began using Chinese gunpowder to build guns. The kings, realising the potential of this new weapon, poured money into mass production, built armies armed with them, and sailed around the world conquering whole continents that were hitherto out of their reach, militarily.

One English colonist said it clearly while in Africa, in the midst of the British invasion:

''Whatever happens we have got
The maxim gun and they have not.''

So the conquest took place everywhere they went, looking for resources - China, India, Australia, South America, everywhere.

As per the slave trade in Africa, they did not sail to Africa in their armed ships to ask Africans if they wish to sell their people. They came with DEMANDS that a coastal village must produce x number of captives or risk bombardment. This eventually led to frequent wars along the West African coastal communities as kingdoms sought captives to 'sell' to the whites. The so-called gin and mirrors were really just token gifts of appreciation to the local chiefs. EVENTUALLY of course, it became a more organised 'trade'.

The whites had actually used Indians and Mexicans as slaves before Africans. So all races fell for their antics. They eventually settled for Africans because they were physically and mentally stronger than the others, and lower numbers of them perished during ship journeys to the new world.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by Quintopia: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
kenny714433:
I have made research about the Egyptians and I come to conclusion that they are the most foolish people in earth.

Egypt should have been envy of the human race and alien inclusive.

As part of their successes,
They invented writing, they had the earliest form of education, in art, the Egyptian were at the forefront, in medicines, religion and military.

Egypt had the first tallest man made structure, when others didn't even think it was possible. (The pyramid)
They had the resources, (gold).
Did you know, the first form of modern agricultural was started by the Egyptians. When they had to improvise to water their farm down the Nile, they invented irrigation system.
In power, they equally had a taste of power when the Roman empire was the strongest.

In engineering, apart from the pyramids, have you seen their structures, their obelisk and how it was made?
I ask, why is Egypt a shadow of its former self now? That would have been the strongest country in the world.

Bro, Egypt was the number one country on Earth for over 4,000 years!!!

Haba!

On this earth that is a very long time.

Just sit down and think about those 4,000 years. It's not a joke.

The west (ie the modern 'Roman Empire') has been dominant for maybe 600 years, and it feels like forever already.

Every human civilization meets its demise one day.

Only the spirit world, or heaven, where we shall all return to, is eternal.
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by 1870fa: 5:06am On Apr 25, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
We that knew this as an historian not joking about our heritage. How on hell one white dude that not step Africa before could be telling me how my forefather shit without clean anus.
[/s]
Re: 12 Amazing AFRICAN Inventions That Led To World Civilization by sinkhole: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2022
Quintopia:

Follow the news closely. There are world class smart cities and ultra-modern hospitals being constructed as we speak, in Nigeria. It is said they will serve as the go-to place for medical treatment in West Africa etc. I might get you a link later.

I don't actually think that leaders fly abroad for treatment because they don't think any hospitals in Nigeria are good enough to treat them. It is more a security issue, whereby they are suspicious that their political enemies could compromise hospital staff and get them hurt etc.

Also, it is not all or even most African leaders who ''fly abroad for treatment''. It's just a stereotype. We never hear of the hundreds of times they check in to local hospitals for treatment, but when one, eg Buhari, flies abroad, it gets in the news, and it becomes ''all our leaders fly abroad for treatment''.

Finally, the whites conquered not just Africa, but the entire world, after they took Chinese gunpowder native mixtures, used traditionally by the Chinese for fireworks at religious festivals, and began building FIREARMS.

Firearms were a game changer like nothing else the world had seen.

What you need to understand is that for 5000 years prior, ALL people on all continents used iron weapons for conflict, ie swords, spears, lances, axes, bow and arrow, cavalry.

European kings presided over mass poverty in their lands up till the late 16th century when their merchants began using Chinese gunpowder to build guns. The kings, realising the potential of this new weapon, poured money into mass production, built armies armed with them, and sailed around the world conquering whole continents that were hitherto out of their reach, militarily.

One English colonist said it clearly while in Africa, in the midst of the British invasion:

''Whatever happens we have got
The maxim gun and they have not.''

So the conquest took place everywhere they went, looking for resources - China, India, Australia, South America, everywhere.

As per the slave trade in Africa, they did not sail to Africa in their armed ships to ask Africans if they wish to sell their people. They came with DEMANDS that a coastal village must produce x number of captives or risk bombardment. This eventually led to frequent wars along the West African coastal communities as kingdoms sought captives to 'sell' to the whites. The so-called gin and mirrors were really just token gifts of appreciation to the local chiefs. EVENTUALLY of course, it became a more organised 'trade'.

The whites had actually used Indians and Mexicans as slaves before Africans. So all races fell for their antics. They eventually settled for Africans because they were physically and mentally stronger than the others, and lower numbers of them perished during ship journeys to the new world.

Read this:
. When former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe died at a Singapore Hospital on 6 September, he joined a number of African leaders who left their countries to seek medical treatment overseas.
In 2017, Muhammadu Buhari infamously went to the UK for medical treatment for a period of 4 months. Benin president Patrice Talon flew to France in May of the same year for almost a month to treat an undisclosed illness in Paris, France. Ali Bongo, president of Gabon suffered a stroke and was rushed to hospital, in Saudi Arabia on October 24 2018.

Some African leaders have found death on their journey to get healthy. Zambia’s Levy Mwanawasa died in France, Ethiopia’s Meles Zenawi died in Belgium and and Gabon’s Omar Bongo died in Spain. The list of political medical tourists is endless.

Countries pay a heavy cost for this behavior.

It is estimated that in Uganda, the funds spent to treat top government officials abroad every year could build 10 hospitals. Not only do the leaders travel with elaborate entourages, but they also travel in expensive chartered jets. For example, the cost of parking Buhari’s plane during his spell in London in 2017 is estimated at £360,000 – equivalent to 0.07% of Nigeria’s budget allocation for health in that same year.

Africa’s public health systems are in a depressing condition. It is therefore not surprising that people from Africa travel abroad – mainly to Europe, North America and Asia – for their medical needs. In 2016, Africans spent over $6 billion on outbound treatment.

Interestingly, Africa has a billion-dollar medical tourism market and the involvement of African leaders through partnerships could be the key to accentuate it. Indian healthcare entrepreneurs and investors are already making significant moves to corner Africa’s medical tourism market by branching into the continent.

Apollo Hospitals, India’s biggest healthcare chain, is investing in a $70 million, 500-bed hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This multi-specialist facility is intended to serve patients and ‘would-be medical tourists’ in the East Africa region. Another Indian medical company, Biohealth, is investing $5 million in a health facility on the continent for comprehensive cardiology diagnostics, dialysis, and radiology.

Why are African leaders missing such opportunities to build upon their own health and tourism sectors?

Nyasha K Mutizwa discusses in this Travel episode.

https://www.africanews.com/2019/10/03/africa-s-health-tourism-presidents-travel/
It is only South African leader that I have not really heard is on medical tourism and that your excuse of security is just out of it! Who are the chefs cooking for them?
Who are the securities guarding them?
Can't those people also be manipulated to harm them?
You seem to be exonerating the leaders of the rot in Africa at the expense of the common people!

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Peter Obi Paid Northern Imams To Preach Against Tinubu' -- Tinubu Supporter / See Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu Father Bestowing Chieftaincy On Tinubu. / Happening Now : Igbo Traders Currently Under Attack At ALABA MARKET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.