Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development (15576 Views)

NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement / Hope Uzodinma Visits Seplat Gigantic ANOH Gas Development Project (Photos) / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The useless leaders made sure Nigeria gained nothing from the age of petrol

Well, the fat-cat oligarchs and upper-crust of society coined in quite a lot, so technically Nigeria gained something! smiley

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
descarado:
Companies from diff countries entered Nigeria and made money through crude oil, what did Nigeria gain, nothing.
Except thieves who cornered everything.

Oil companies left yet buhari spent millions looking for oil in the North.

Now, their focus is in the east. No wonder they will rather go to war than allow the east leave Nigeria.
East is their next milking cow.
Hence the destabilisation and constant killing.

Victor Ad asked the exact same question! sad
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by sylve11: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
fashrola:

I swear ...... When the Blacks took over critical position in Chevron, ExxonMobil a lot of things deteriorated (Safety, Salary etc)

Something is not right with us.

They scatter things at will..... cool
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by iwaeda: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
sylve11:

Something is not right with us.

They scatter things at will..... cool

It is because we have weak institutions and systems. grin
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
ahuja12:
Buhari single-handedly destroyed this country completely!

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Makes me remember the pic of him (yeah i know it's photoshopped wink) reading a book on 'HOW TO DESTROY NIGERIA KPATAPKATA'! shocked
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
Supremos:
SE must never allow a repeat of the fleecing witnessed in the Niger Delta oil in our huge gas deposit.

Bros, it's already happening as we speak!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Donpuffy:
And finally, it's over for the petrol era,

IOC backing out at this crucial time will cause more harm.

May God give us the power to forge ahead.

Could the last person leaving the room please switch off the lights!

Quite sad really! UAE was as blessed as Nigeria (if not less) with the same oyel, but can you compare the two societies? sad
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by IGBOSON1: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

Yes, more or less. This is why some of us, who know precisely the hard times ahead, are against the machinations of the Northerner to perpetuate themselves in power.

Nigerians complaining now should know this is 'Chicken change' suffering compared to what awaits when most nations fulfil their energy transition plan. Nigerians will be eating each other if care is not taken.

A Northerner cannot manage the next stage of Nigeria's future, a very difficult one full of new and harsh challenges, because they are all brought up to focus on oil income, government work/offices/parastatals and political income. In short non has the vision, change mentality/readiness or ideological inclination to rescue Nigeria.

They will always seek to consolidate their hold on those 'cash cow' sectors instead of understanding that all (whether oil income, government work and political cash) are on their way out, and that alternative plans must be put in place asap, because of global development beyond our national control.

Just look at how Nigeria is suffering currently because no President, since 1999, has been able to do the right thing and create insulating socio-economic buffers that can reduce our economic susceptibility to negative developments worldwide.

Most ordinary Nigerians are myopic and lacking critically important knowledge and this is why we still see anyone, even Norrtherners, hankering for a Northern President.

We have just seen our legislative representatives shoot down State policing, restructuring and other badly needed reforms in the current amendments they are carrying out. Self-destructive myopia caused by greed and complete selfishness.

Meanwhile the Nigerian public remains silent as the legislative arm shortchanges them and potentially destroys their future.

God must either intervene or we are inevitably going down because leadership greed and selfishness won't allow the right things to be done and ordinary Nigerians themselves don't know how to insist the right thing must be done.

https://www.spglobal.com/en/research-insights/articles/what-is-energy-transition

Post of the month! And that's saying something considering the month has just started!
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by Panda7(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
nice one, so nigeria cannot develop without oil. i pray make oil dry up
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by lampvoice: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
I don't really trust Nigeria with such a project..

We fit wake up see pipe line on fire Nation wide base on..

Government go later say na due to global warming and Africa is hotter than Europe
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by BloomingDale(f): 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Dsalvo:

We have just seen our legislative representatives shoot down State policing, restructuring and other badly needed reforms in the current amendments they are carrying out. Self-destructive myopia caused by greed and complete selfishness.

Meanwhile the Nigerian public remains silent as the legislative arm shortchanges them and potentially destroys their future.

God must either intervene or we are inevitably going down because leadership greed and selfishness won't allow the right things to be done and ordinary Nigerians themselves don't know how to insist the right thing must be done.

https://www.spglobal.com/en/research-insights/articles/what-is-energy-transition

That is why I have been saying we must separate from Arewa for any progress to be made. A southern legislation would have voted for state policing, restructuring etc. Southerners are progressive unlike the core Northerners. These people will strangle Nigeria to death taking we the Southerners with them.
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by SocialJustice: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
iwaeda:

Most of them are not making FDI and are cancelling existing projects.
Exactly.
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by iwaeda: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
SocialJustice:
Exactly.

Many of the platforms will be shut, meaning less income for FG, job loss, more borrowing grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by flokii: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
What do you expect when you have mallams with zero knowledge of economics running the country.. it's how to allow women wear hijab in schools and corporate organizations in a multi-religious country, how to reclaim 1940s' grazing route for cattle and monopolize every sector of the economy for themselves only that they know..

Those pushing for Yoruba nation know why they are doing that with the way things are going from bad to worse every single day. When all the IOCs leave and the corrupt Nigerians take over the Oil and gas sector and ruin it like they are doing to the power sector, maybe then people will rise up and revolt.
Currently NNPC and the likes are the cash cow for a select few in the country most especially Northerners, go there and see the place filled with quota system graduates who don't understand anything about oil and gas but are there to fill space and pocket fat salaries and allowances. All our refineries have packed up under ab0kis watch and they are even spending billions of naira daily to maintain non-functioninal refineries.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by JOemmy(m): 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
jeff1993:
Their membership really had no impact

Please Nairaland family .... I need someone to mentore on any online money making skill

Contact me on whatsapp I have some online biz u will be definitely be interested in.
0 9 0 58 84 6849
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by donprinyo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
anything he touches dies.
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by SocialJustice: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
iwaeda:

Many of the platforms will be shut, meaning less income for FG, job loss, more borrowing grin grin grin
No be small.
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by visijo(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Bmaster:
if I must,I I won't mind using razor blades,
Seriously some people deserves to be cut off from other people's life
ya but not all people because no matter how bad there are, usefulness still de small sad
Re: NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development by Inception(m): 11:29am On Mar 04, 2022
iwaeda:

Most of them are not making FDI and are canceling existing projects.

Bonga Southwest, ZabaZaba, Owowo, HI and HA, etc. Multibillion-dollar projects!

What Buhari cannot destroy does not exist!

my brother, I weak.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Reacts to Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet As "Unwise" For Saying This / Gbajabiamila: I’ll Not Be Party To Any Press Gagging Bill / Femi Adesina: Buhari’s Visit To Tinubu Is On Goodwill, Not About 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.