Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport (28215 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Presents 28 New Buses To All Tertiary Institutions In Oyo / Makinde Hands Over 3 New Buses To Football Clubs In Oyo (photos) / Uzodimma Allocates Brand New Buses To Ministries, Department & Agencies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Cognitivereason: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2022
danngnews:

Easy man, airpeace will add it to your ticket and give innoson his share depending on how many ticket they sold , no one will ask you for bus fare in the airport, there are smart ways of doing these stuff.
Airpeace will not add it to ur ticket..and airpeace has no business giving innoson any share...

The only fee Airpeace pays is landing ,take off, parking ,terminal rentals,licenses renewal etc and taxes...

All these goes to the FG..
FAAN uses it yearly allocation to maintain the airport facilities
And provide necessary equipment like Common AC dat most Nigeria airports lack..run generators,and the Buses u see...
On normal circumstances.. Jet bridges which connects the terminal straight to the planes are supposed to be used..but because it expensive and most local airport designs don't come with spaces to accommodate such like the new anambra and Nasarrawa airports...FAAN does the transfer of passengers the cheaper way with Buses and they provide the fuel and maintainance for it as part of the normal operations involved with running the airport...

Below is what a standard airport should have to transfer passengers not buses...

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Thomist(m): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2022
Magnumproperty:
Good one. Let's patronize and export our locally made products and see our GDP swell like garri. If we don't use and value ours, how will foreigners value us? China started like this too.

Benin republic, Cameroon and other countries are patronising already.
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2022
God gave you brain to think but you chose to use your mouth to think. Going by your assertion, if FG decides to purchase the whole innoson car would they shared the money to all igbos? The second Niger bridge you mentioned is it entitled to Igbo's?

mannobi:
Good one, let it continue like this but then even if the FG buy entire car purchase from innoson and build the second Niger bridge, the ppl on that side will still see the govt as no doing anything and would still transfer their aggression to Tinubu
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Basheer22: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2022
sotall:

Deal with the truth. You never had a father or even if you had one, he was never responsible towards you.
Hence you are very quick to call "father" on a social media.

Address your frustration to the pig who you call your father. That is between you and the idiot.
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Basheer22: 9:47am On Mar 01, 2022
deukpai:
God gave you brain to think but you chose to use your mouth to think. Going by your assertion, if FG decides to. purchase the whole innoson car would they shared the money to all igbos? The second Niger bridge you mentioned is it entitled to Igbo's?

No, it is Hausas and Itsekiris using the 2nd Niger bridge. I now see why Igbo leaders refuse to do projects for their people. You guys are so senseless and ungrateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by PNomsule: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2022
Cognitivereason:

So FG should make it public that there are no sufficient buses at their airports...
Look.. u don't just have sense..sorry to say...

Tell me any where in the world were passengers have to pay to commute them selves from the airport terminal to the plane...
Even Nigerians paying for trolleys to move their luggages is absurd in foreign airports..

Even if u have not stepped foot in an airport...u have an Internet enabled smartphone..

Lastly if the ones in used before were still in good conditions and were enough.. FAAN will not deem it necessary to buy more...
Am sure ur one of those mugus dat will wait for something to spoil kpatakpata b4 taking necessary action..typical black mentality

U must be very ugly as your assertions appear. I am a progressive here and I am particularly interested in a nation that spends less on inconsequential commodities.

This system of inexplicable expenditure is mortgaging our future. Maybe you're near 70 and will soon meet your grave but I am not. If the System will not secure my future in wise spending then you my ugly friend, I am sorry, I can't ignore.
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by PNomsule: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2022
obailala:

I believe its the duty of FAAN to get travellers in and out of those planes between terminals; so FAAN owns those buses. Are you guys saying FAAN, instead of owning shuttle buses, should rather give the contract to private companies?

It was an oversight to talk about privatising the shuttle business from terminals to tarmac as the op didn't specify abinitio. My bad
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Tywo2018: 9:56am On Mar 01, 2022
I don't like that Logo he dey one kain undecided
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Cognitivereason: 9:57am On Mar 01, 2022
PNomsule:

[s]U must be very ugly as your assertions appear. I am a progressive here and I am particularly interested in a nation that spends less on inconsequential commodities.

This system of inexplicable expenditure is mortgaging our future. Maybe you're near 70 and will soon meet your grave but I am not. If the System will not secure my future in wise spending then you my ugly friend, I am sorry, I can't ignore. [/s]

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2022
I hope it's not on loan o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Cognitivereason: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2022
PNomsule:

It was an oversight to talk about privatising the shuttle business from terminals to tarmac as the op didn't specify abinitio. My bad
DAT is exactly how to speak.. Acknowledge ur ignorance not typing one long story to me DAT makes no sense
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by PNomsule: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2022
Cognitivereason:

DAT is exactly how to speak.. Acknowledge ur ignorance not typing one long story to me DAT makes no sense

Dude, will you just f u c k off my mention! Jeezzz
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by EastisBae: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2022
Whether it was based on reality check or not, I commend Buhari for patronizing Innoson and encouraging local manufacturing. Imagine the impression people will have on landing in Nigeria only to be driven in vehicles produced in Nigeria, it gives us a bragging right as a great country.

During the oil boom era, the politicians behaved so recklessly like drunken sailors, selling crude oil and importing refined petroleum among other such madness. However, Nigeria can't afford to be stupid anymore, that era is gone forever!

I think the federal government should start looking at the regions and their comparative advantage now that oil era is coming to an end. Specific regions/states that must be encouraged to do more are the following:

Anambra and Abia.
Lagos and Ogun.
North.

Anambra and Abia has enough capacity to supply Nigeria and West Africa with all its vehicle needs, motor parts, shoes, bags, cloths and other consumer goods that are bought from China. Thank God that geometric is about to supply Aba with 24 hours electricity to boost production.

Lagos and Ogun has enough multinational corporations and also indigenous manufacturers of industrial and consumer goods like beverages, drugs etc for the whole of Nigeria and West Africa.

North can supply the whole of Nigeria with food and even have enough for export to other countries if only processing industries are in place.

Nigeria has all the potentials to be great but it was unfortunately wasted. We are going to face serious crises and if we fail to do the right things now, then nothing will stop us from breaking apart into pieces like the Soviet Union.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2022
The vehicle is nice from INNOSON Vehicle but I have a reservation on the following:
1. The position of the Engine bay of the vehicle is very close to the tail end of the two chasis line which will not be to good for the vehicle to go on
long trip with Nigeria road that are in bad shape.
2. The tyre at rear is too far rear end too.

If this can be look into, I suggested is best for our road in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Cognitivereason: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
The vehicle is nice from INNOSON Vehicle but I have a reservation on the following:
1. The position of the Engine bay of the vehicle is very close to the tail end of the two chasis line which will not be to good for the vehicle to go on
long trip with Nigeria road that are in bad shape.
2. The tyre at rear is too far rear end too.

If this can be look into, I suggested is best for our road in Nigeria.
Good observation... But u missed something more important...

The buses are not designed to go on Nigeria roads or go long distances....they were built to just transport passengers from the terminal to their planes...
The buses will drive on an already paved tarmac or apron (there are no pot holes on Nigerian airport aprons)
..and the distances are very short...

If the buses were for a travel company then there will be sense in those points u made..

Of u browse about airports transfer buses ...they carry synonymous designs

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:25am On Mar 01, 2022
Totilopussylick:
One among many reasons Nigeria don't want to divorce ipobians

They know Ipob is blessed with many talents
Why are you people just like this? You would have blamed the FG if it patronized other foreign auto makers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by davessales039(m): 10:42am On Mar 01, 2022
naptu2:

It's got nothing to do with 2023. The Federal Government has consistently been one of Innoson's biggest customers. Mr Innocent Chukwuma said so himself.

You are actually right.
The FG has always been a great supporter and proponent of Innoson.

There have also been policies put in place to help grow other automobile manufacturing/assembling companies in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Alamkir: 10:53am On Mar 01, 2022
Tovard:
Innocent should work more on their vehicles �, I have observed that most of their vehicles wears out quickly maybe 2 to 3 years after purchased.

They are the new face of Nigeria ��, hope the coming generations!

God bless the CEO
God bless the Igbos
God bless the Yorubas
God bless the Hausas
God bless Nigeria ��!

Wish me happy birthday in advance..

Thats because he used second hand equipment renew them to make new cars. How e go last. No be my pple i sabi dem
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Alamkir: 10:55am On Mar 01, 2022
Totilopussylick:
One among many reasons Nigeria don't want to divorce ipobians

They know Ipob is blessed with many talents

Now u proud....... I thought u guys said FG dnt patronize innosson?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by afube: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2022
Tovard:
Innocent should work more on their vehicles �, I have observed that most of their vehicles wears out quickly maybe 2 to 3 years after purchased.

They are the new face of Nigeria ��, hope the coming generations!

God bless the CEO
God bless the Igbos
God bless the Yorubas
God bless the Hausas
God bless Nigeria ��!

Wish me happy birthday in advance..

That is not true! Have you owned and operated any IVM automobile?
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by afube: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2022
PNomsule:
We spend too much money in buying goods that are not gainful to the larger population. It has its ripple effects in the not too distant future.

FG have no business buying any bus for shuttle, let IVM propose to run the service and charge commuters at a regulated fee.
These are not commuter buses oga! The buse are airside shuttles for moving airline passengers from terminal to airplanes packed at the tarmac and vice versa
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by MrSly(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2022
dokyOloye:

Which one dey your own DNA?
Skull mining or banditry? cheesy
Definitely you mistake me for an afonja or killer Fulani herdsmen. I am neither of them.
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Iceberg3: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
mannobi:
Good one, let it continue like this but then even if the FG buy entire car purchase from innoson and build the second Niger bridge, the ppl on that side will still see the govt as no doing anything and would still transfer their aggression to Tinubu we know it won't be long before coneheaded structures and sophisticated morrorrrns come along..
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Iceberg3: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
PNomsule:
We spend too much money in buying goods that are not gainful to the larger population. It has its ripple effects in the not too distant future.

FG have no business buying any bus for shuttle, let IVM propose to run the service and charge commuters at a regulated fee.

My people make Una see talk!!!!
Hmmmm Nigerians got very problem!!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by NGpatriot: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
God Bless PMB.. ..

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kazeem47:
Nice one.Later some people go say FG no gree patronise Innoson products because he from the other side of the country.
I was actually expecting this. no disappointment grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by GloriousGbola: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
naptu2:

It's got nothing to do with 2023. The Federal Government has consistently been one of Innoson's biggest customers. Mr Innocent Chukwuma said so himself.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/355016-buhari-govt-gives-innoson-support-patronage-innocent-chukwuma.html

This is why in the end all this biafra talk is hot air

The clientele of wealthy ibos is the rest of Nigeria.
Take this away, and who will they sell to?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by jevic(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Still
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by Panda7(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
nice one
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by adefitim(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
ShenTeh:
Good development and a very welcome effort from our often criticized FG.

Putting it on the airport route is a very strategic PR approach for both Innoson and Nigeria.

#BuyMadeInNigeria

The part OFTEN CRITICIZED got me... well said man

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by adefitim(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
EastisBae:
Whether it was based on reality check or not, I commend Buhari for patronizing Innoson and encouraging local manufacturing. Imagine the impression people will have on landing in Nigeria only to be driven in vehicles produced in Nigeria, it gives us a bragging right as a great country.

During the oil boom era, the politicians behaved so recklessly like drunken sailors, selling crude oil and importing refined petroleum among other such madness. However, Nigeria can't afford to be stupid anymore, that era is gone forever!

I think the federal government should start looking at the regions and their comparative advantage now that oil era is coming to an end. Specific regions/states that must be encouraged to do more are the following:

Anambra and Abia.
Lagos and Ogun.
North.

Anambra and Abia has enough capacity to supply Nigeria and West Africa with all its vehicle needs, motor parts, shoes, bags, cloths and other consumer goods that are bought from China. Thank God that geometric is about to supply Aba with 24 hours electricity to boost production.

Lagos and Ogun has enough multinational corporations and also indigenous manufacturers of industrial and consumer goods like beverages, drugs etc for the whole of Nigeria and West Africa.

North can supply the whole of Nigeria with food and even have enough for export to other countries if only processing industries are in place.

Nigeria has all the potentials to be great but it was unfortunately wasted. We are going to face serious crises and if we fail to do the right things now, then nothing will stop us from breaking apart into pieces like the Soviet Union.

God bless you for this patriotic comment...

Nigeria �� shall be great
Re: Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport by PNomsule: 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
afube:

These are not commuter buses oga! The buse are airside shuttles for moving airline passengers from terminal to airplanes packed at the tarmac and vice versa

And so? Is that Nigerians priority at the moment? I bet you won't be having as much as 2 square meals today, tomorrow and even next... well, I am not surprised because u never feed well so why in the hell am I to expect that you go reason like human being...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Will Reclaim His Presidential Mandate – Charly Boy / Babachir Lawal And Ali Modu Sheriff Pictured Together / Saraki Congratulates Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, Kwara APC Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.