Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act (20262 Views)

Again, Buhari Asks Nigerians To Vote For Tinubu / Reps Amend Electoral Act To Allow Statutory Delegates Vote In Primaries / Senator Omo-Agege Introduces Bill To Amend Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Oddfinder: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Our darling daddy
Master of confusion
Confusion personified
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by SmartPolician: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
The same bill he signed a few days ago?

E no go beta for people wey vote for this old man the second time
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by linearity: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

He actually stated so when signing it and the NA leaders corroborated it that they will expect the suggested ammendments soonest so the delay won't affect the dates set by inec.
Let us see how it pans out.

I have a feeling that the National Assembly may drag foot on it or someone may go to court to delay the process wink
I believe there should be a middle point on this clause. For example, the NA may recommend a certain number of political appointees slot to be delegates.

I don’t think, there should be a middle group. Being a political appointee gives one leverage, influence and powers that others running for the same office does not have.

If you want to run, simply resign….many today in Nigeria uses the full force, authority and resources and by extension the resources of the government to run because of their appointments….so resigning or stepping down level the playing field somewhat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Freebills12: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
I support Buhari in this, he just signed the bill in order that INEC will commence their preparation for next election. Minor adjustments like deleting of some clauses can follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Deltavariant(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
dalongjnr:
We know that already. Funny enough, the president signed the bill in good faith in order to prevent constitutional crisis in terms of power vacuum come may 29th,2023.
Because with the back and FORTH by the NA, it may take up to may,if not june,before the bill is signed into law. And already, inec must rollout election itinerary 360 days before election date,as stipulated by the constitution.
I like people that comprehend b4 typing not just opening their mouths like roosters at sunrise.

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by okorogodwin4(m): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
Boharri has now realised that he shot himself on the anus I pray the PDP caucus in the sent Will not allow it
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by GualaGuala(m): 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
Zoo called Nigeria,please when was the last time your president had a clear video with his follow president?
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ayofe72(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
The problem is not Mr Buhari, but baggage of advisers in and out of Aso Villa. Everyone with their selfish interest.

Reach out to us for your relocation through Study route.

ogododo:

https://punchng.com/breaking-again-buhari-asks-national-assembly-to-amend-electoral-act/

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Why did you sign it then? The national assembly should refuse, as it will help reduce the influence of the executive in party primaries.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by kakaflex(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by jolisel148: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
tongue
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by CHAQUR: 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Read comments from the enlightened one first before putting your stupidity on air.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Arabaincubus: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Don't delete that clause. We have to use the electoral act as is now for 4 years before amendment. The National Assembly should not tamper with that clause.

They should use this to reassert themselves.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Joyrise: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
athaboi:
I know their interest is on the clause of political appointees resigning...It is MALAMI writing and not Buhari! Thieves that always protect their interest...they are enemies of this country

Not just Malami, Amaechi, etc are nursing political ambitions and want to use their offices to influence things in their party
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by KazikageSama: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
complexBoss12:
Leave Buhari alone. Nigga is probably unawares of any electoral amendments.

You are really correct.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Cryofigbos: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
I don't know how true this is

It just brings Buba galadima suggestion to my mind

Am surprised u r yet to tag tinubu to dis....ministers trying to contest should not be so scared to resign to do so......... grin
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Naijanascam: 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle eno dey hard to start..............
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by FreeStuffsNG: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
linearity:

I don’t think, there should be a middle group. Being a political appointee gives one leverage, influence and powers that others running for the same office does not have.

If you want to run, simply resign….many today in Nigeria uses the full force, authority and resources and by extension the resources of the government to run because of their appointments….so resigning or stepping down level the playing field somewhat.
You really make a lot of sense. Thank you sir.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ityP(m): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
ivolt:

Malami's hands.

A northerner can never be president in 2023. It's more of Amaechi than Malami
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ityP(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
linearity:

Hope you know that doesn't include president or other elective posts?
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by fubsy: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
In my opinion, the provision should be left as is. Any political appointee that intends to seek political elective positive should resign from the appointment and seek his elective ambition. It has been done in the past. I think Gov. Fayemi did it. So, why say the National Assembly should amend it?
I do not think that the provision negates the provision of the Constitution. My only concern will be the office of the Attorney General, which the Constitution recognizes. May be if the Attorney General is interested in an elective office, he/she should resign, and the President/Governor immediately replaces him/her so as not to have any vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by Vifx: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
All politicians will burn in hell
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ityP(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
Freebills12:
I support Buhari in this, he just signed the bill in order that INEC will commence their preparation for next election. Minor adjustments like deleting of some clauses can follow suit.

Exactly, you have sense. If because of these minor adjustments he delayed, we would have said he is against democracy. Frankly, Buhari has handled this electoral bill in the best way possible. He truly wants to be seen as a democrat. I'm impressed tbh. For a staunch Buhari's critic, this is a lot coming from me
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ityP(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Deltavariant:
I like people that comprehend b4 typing not just opening their mouths like roosters at sunrise.

Exactly. I dey criticize Buhari, but when we see truth, let's say it.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by farmboyy: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
The comments I read hear is enough to tell you that people don't read before they comment. It is evident that Nigerian youths are lazy even ordinary writeup they can't go through to comprehend.
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by LordGuru1: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
angry

Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by linearity: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
ityP:

Hope you know that doesn't include president or other elective posts?

I know na, presido no fit resign na…if Russia come attack us, who go launch our Nuclear code?
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by ityP(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
linearity:

I know na, presido no fit resign na…if Russia come attack us, who go launch our Nuclear code?

Who dey more popular pass President? You see the flaw of your logic?
Re: Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act by yemmit90: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
Freebills12:

Didnt he study the bill for months that he has been delaying it before signing it into law?

I could see this is reason Nigeria is not moving forward under him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected NIMC Officials Arrested In Niger Republic Enrolling Foreigners For NIN / History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole / 2023: Amosun Informs Senate Of His Intention To Declare For President May 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.